Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate (24005 Views)

Wole Soyinka: Buhari Anointed Omisore, A Murderer As APC National Secretary / Femi Adesina To Soyinka: Buhari Inherited Terribly Divided Country From Jonathan / Wole Soyinka: Buhari Is Not In Charge Of Aso Rock. Gambari An Abacha Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by tonyson010(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ok. Well said
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by UstazAhmed(m): 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Ahmed, take your time or else..

Show respect for leaders for once. Afterall, they're entitled to their opinion.

So a cultist deserves respect? If so, hope you will respect Evans the Kidnapper
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Myself2(m): 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
Unfortunate kee you there Baba werey

When you were licking his anus and calling Mrs GEJ shepopotamus and calling on all Nigerians to vote for Buhari in 2015, you no remember unfortunate
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Kenn55: 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
I assumed you would have shown us the illegality if his position.

PMB must not listen to what your Govs say, like every conversation one group does not try to lord it's opinion on the other. Using vuvuzelas and social media to reecho your opinion in a bid to force it down the throat of other people won't work. That they express their opinion does not make it a law unless and until they pass such as law

PMB is not a herdsman, be ranches and believe ranching is the future of herding. Under him, our able VP lead a team to developed the National Livestock Transformation Plan NLTP to facilitate the process of ranching.

Govs have continued to be a stumbling obstacle to its implementation because they see the farmers herders conflict as good politics.

This is why despite forking out 100b, GEJ failed epically in achieving Ranching.

So the issue remains we need to talk to each other not at each other as you seem to suggest here.

Why is it so difficult to graze or do your Ruga in the north? There are some states in the north bigger than the entire south east. You can comfortably get just 3 states in the north that would be bigger than the entire south east and south south put together. So what exactly is the problem?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by kwasoly(m): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
ABCthings:
Who is Soyinka? Is it a town in Lagos? tongue

Ask your father...ewu awusa
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by ngreel(f): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
Same Buhari you preached to us to kick Jonathan for.
Well...Dull Joe & terrorist Buhari na the same thing only that Fulani herdsmen terrorists now assume Nigeria is an almajiri country,killing with reckless abandon upandan all because of Buhari.

In 2023,they will dribble Igbo,dribble Yoruba and install another Fulani cos both Igbo & Yoruba so called "leaders" never get sense AT ALL... just take a good example of Umahi & Tinubu.These two can eat Buhari's cows' shiit neatly all because of 419 2023.
now I know that your illiteracy is on the high side.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by vedaxcool(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kenn55:

Why is it so difficult to graze or do your Ruga in the north? There are some states in the north bigger than the entire south east. You can comfortably get just 3 states in the north that would be bigger than the entire south east and south south put together. So what exactly is the problem?

Do you agree your brothers should only do business in their place of origin? Or is it hard to get that no one has the right to stop others from doing business anywhere in the country they want?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Masterchef(m): 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
The US, Brazil, the European Union, China, India, Argentina, Australia and Mexico produce over 85% of the world's livestock and beef. These guys don't have grazing routes nor engage in open grazing!!

As such, it's frightening when this stubborn Buhari is in support of the crude way his people wants to practice this livestock business. Can't Buhari or his Ministers for Agriculture, Labour & Employment, Interior, Science & Technology etc. read and learn from others?

Instead of Buhari having his kinsmen overrunning farms across the country, they can acquire loans from banks to build ranches. It's their private businesses. They can also grow hay right there on these ranches and have a meat processing facility for exports.

Buhari also needs to learn that agric science offers some very fast growing teff and soghurm grasses which is one industry that can also be developed on the Iivestock food chain! As such, this is like killing 2 birds with one stone.

So I imagine how a country that has produced brilliant, sound minded and accomplished people like Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Prof. Ayodele Awojobi, Akinwunmi Adeshina, Okonjo Iweala, Abubakar Dangiwa Umar, Gani Fawehinmi, Mallam Aminu Kano, Balarabe Musa, Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Tunde Idiagbon, Adeoye Lambo, Dora Akunyili etc. ended up having one mor*n as the president?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Kenn55: 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:

Do you agree your brothers should only do business in their place of origin? Or is it hard to get that no one has the right to stop others from doing business anywhere in the country they want?

Ok. I agree. If that is the case, why can't they buy a land or rent a space to do their ranch? Every businessman in the north either buys or rent a shop or an office space for their business.
Don't forget that cow meat is not cheap. It is not like we are talking about a 2 naira business here.
Before God and man, will you have accepted any other tribe to graze on northern lands, destroy their farms and kill the locals as it has been happening to southerners over the years now?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Shikena(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
UstazAhmed:

Context please.
Don't picture fraternities of those days with the cultism of today. The challenges they addressed, their recruitment standards and their modus operandi are totally, totally different. It was an defiant ideological gathering of intellectuals back then.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
I assumed you would have shown us the illegality of his position.

PMB must not listen to what your Govs say, like every conversation one group does not try to lord it's opinion on the other. Using vuvuzelas and social media to reecho your opinion in a bid to force it down the throat of other people won't work. That they express their opinion does not make it a law unless and until they pass such as law

PMB is not a herdsman, he ranches and believe ranching is the future of herding. Under him, our able VP lead a team to developed the National Livestock Transformation Plan NLTP to facilitate the process of ranching.

Govs have continued to be a stumbling obstacle to its implementation because they see the farmers herders conflict as good politics.

This is why despite forking out 100b, GEJ failed epically in achieving Ranching.

So the issue remains we need to talk to each other not at each other as you seem to suggest here.
Shut up angry

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
Thesame buhari that love to weep at ralies in kano and bauchi back then to attract sympathy from gulible nigerians.. Finaly he was giuen a chance after four attemps , not based on merit becase he wasnt even educated. he was voted based on sympathy. here he is punishing thesame people that made him what he is today. honestly the heart of man is desperately decietful and wicked.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Masterkernel1: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
UstazAhmed:
Whole Soyinka is a senseless professor. No wonder he lacks common sense and all he could bequeath to Nigeria youths is cultism

In the next 200 years, the North will never have a Professor of his repute.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by vedaxcool(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kenn55:

Ok. I agree. If that is the case, why can't they buy a land or rent a space to do their ranch? Every businessman in the north either buys or rent a shop or an office space for their business.
Don't forget that cow meat is not cheap. It is not like we are talking about a 2 naira business here.
Before God and man, will you have accepted any other tribe to graze on northern lands, destroy their farms and kill the locals as it has been happening to southerners over the years now?

Only the state governors can approve land for ranching they have refused to do this because the crisis forms a basis for their politics
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Eriokanmi: 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
UstazAhmed:

Soyinla is our uncle, who told you he's a cultist? You area rude boy. He chose not to go the Christianity or Islamic way, you need to respect his traditional religious belief and leave judgement to God
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Kenn55: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:

Only the state governors can approve land for ranching they have refused to do this because the crisis forms a basis for their politics

With all due respect, why should state governors approve land for ranching?

Why should the state be involved in private businesses? Would the state also approve lands for other private businesses? Or are some businesses more important than some others?

If the state has to be involved , why not the herders then go to their state of origin and request their own government to provide the land?

Why should the state provide land to non indigenes to do their private business when they are not giving out the cows free to the people?

Will your state government give out free land to people of other tribes to do pig farming?Remember that some states in the north don't allow the sale of alcohol

I am not trying to fight you, I'm asking these questions to make you think deep and see if this cow controversy in Nigeria actually makes sense except there is any other secret agenda not said in the open.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by otipoju(m): 5:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

I didn't ask for your daily routine!

Lol. Can one blame a man who knows the truth but whose stomach has taken over the functions of his head? ...BMC is the hardest job on earth. Tueeh.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by ABCthings: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
tunary:
The word Who can be used for a town? Like who is a town?

You have to go back to primary school
Asking 'What is Soyinka?' sounds some how na.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by ABCthings: 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
otipoju:

Lol. Can one blame a man who knows the truth but whose stomach has taken over the functions of his head? ...BMC is the hardest job on earth. Tueeh.
BMC is a job for learned e-doits.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by farem: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2021
[s]
colorsofrainbow:
Same Buhari you preached to us to kick Jonathan for.
Well...Dull Joe & terrorist Buhari na the same thing only that Fulani herdsmen terrorists now assume Nigeria is an almajiri country,killing with reckless abandon upandan all because of Buhari.

In 2023,they will dribble Igbo,dribble Yoruba and install another Fulani cos both Igbo & Yoruba so called "leaders" never get sense AT ALL... just take a good example of Umahi & Tinubu.These two can eat Buhari's cows' shiit neatly all because of 419 2023.
[/s]
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by almarthins(m): 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
Built2last:
Fellow Nigerians, following President Buhari's decision to reclaim all officially gazetted grazing reserves/routes, I decided to conduct my own findings as to where exactly these gazzeted cattle routes are located. What I found was rather interesting and I will present it here for the purpose of enlightening the public.

My research focused only on the gazzeted cattle routes as that was what PMB said he would reclaim.

Do you know that in the entire south, it is only Oyo state that has 2 gazzeted cattle routes/reserves? The rest don't have. See below the breakdown of the officially gazzeted cattle routes in Nigeria;

There are 140 gazetted grazing reserves (Adamawa—31; Bauchi—27; Borno—15; Gombe—4; Jigawa—2; Kaduna—2; Kebbi—1; Kogi—1; Kwara—1; Nasarawa— 7; Niger— 2; Plateau— 1; Sokoto— 8; Taraba—9; Yobe— 17; Zamafara— 6, FCT— 4 and Oyo— 2.

I am not very sure PMB is aware of this distribution. He may be aware that there are gazzeted grazing reserves, but if he now discovers that what is officially gazzeted does not even include almost the entire south, I am not sure he will still pursue the agenda of reclaiming these reserves.

I also found out that as far back as the time these reserves were created, the committee recommended the adoption of a more sedentary method of cattle rearing or ranching. In a paper written by S.A. Ingawa, C. Tarawali and R. von Kaufmann, ILCA Subhumid

Research Site(1989) available at: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://cgspace.cgiar.org/bitstream/handle/10568/4349/x5516e.pdf%3FisAllowed%3Dy%26sequence%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjM99OqvZbxAhXKEWMBHRnaCEEQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw1y8BFWlPYpvbgFx53pnwIZ,

the authors listed some of the problems with open grazing of cattle and the need to implement a solution that is both beneficial to the pastoralists and the farmers.

The research is an eye opener and also a deep revelation as to how government can indeed resolve any problem if they intend to, with honesty and fairness.

As for the gazzeted grazing reserves in question, there are only 140 which I have listed. Although some were never officially gazetted, I have excluded them from this post because the focus is on the officially gazetted ones.

Thanks for the information. I can tell you that all buhari's effort will end up in failure. Fulani is about to become the most hated tribe in Nigeria, great will be their fall. Buhari won't remain in power for life, they should forget that.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Vitally123: 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
REAL UNFORTUNATE!!! Must he impose nomadic life on non nomads? Sambisa is more than enough to contain the herdsmen; ENOUGH OF THE BLOODLETTING BY THE HERDSMEN.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by IMAliyu(m): 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
Tdotbluejays1:

Jonathan was bad, Buhari was worst.
Now in 2023, there are two bad decisions to make again. Atiku (Fulani) vs Tinubu. A case of choose your poison. The masses can't win in Nigeria.
Well there are other candidates besides the two, but Nigerians have enslaved themselves to PDP and APC, so which is the lesser evil?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by vedaxcool(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kenn55:

With all due respect, why should state governors approve land for ranching?

Why should the state be involved in private businesses? Would the state also approve lands for other private businesses? Or are some businesses more important than some others?

If the state has to be involved , why not the herders then go to their state of origin and request their own government to provide the land?

Why should the state provide land to non indigenes to do their private business when they are not giving out the cows free to the people?

Will your state government give out free land to people of other tribes to do pig farming?Remember that some states in the north don't allow the sale of alcohol

I am not trying to fight you, I'm asking these questions to make you think deep and see if this cow controversy in Nigeria actually makes sense except there is any other secret agenda not said in the open.

Since obviously you know nothing about the Land use laws of the country. I suggest instead of asking misplaced questions. while at it tell your brothers to go back home and buy land and do business in their state of origin. whatever logic you seem to use can be applied back to you.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by IMAliyu(m): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:

Since obviously you know nothing about the Land use laws of the country. I suggest instead of asking misplaced questions. while at it tell your brothers to go back home and buy land and do business in their state of origin. whatever logic you seem to use can be applied back to you.
You seem to have missed his point entirely.

His brothers in the North rent shops and rent or buy land to do their business here.

So why can't the Alhajis that own the cows, equally do the same. Buy land in the south and ranch their cattle instead of relaying on freebies from the federal government. If it means the price of beef will increase to cover their expenses so be it.

This whole cattle and herdsmen crisis would be over.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Blackdisciple(m): 7:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
“That is an indication that he is not listening to what governors and the people they represent are saying.”

Sure he never did even for once
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Sunnyja: 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:

PMB is not a herdsman, he ranches and believe ranching is the future of herding. Under him, our able VP lead a team to developed the National Livestock Transformation Plan NLTP to facilitate the process of ranching.

A man with unproductive 150 cows is not a herdsman?! Tell me you are joking!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by Kenn55: 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:

My brothers will never ask for land to do their private business. They buy or rent lands individually for their businesses whether in their state of origin,east, west or north. Tell your herdsmen brothers to do the same. Case closed.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by nameo: 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
vedaxcool:

You are just typing nonsense.

Which happens when one is trying to "balance" contradictory thoughts in his head.

I wish you well
Re: Wole Soyinka: Buhari’s Comments On Open Grazing Unfortunate by vedaxcool(m): 8:00pm On Jun 15, 2021
IMAliyu:

You seem to have missed his point entirely.

His brothers in the North rent shops and rent or buy land to do their business here.

So why can't the Alhajis that own the cows, equally do the same. Buy land in the south and ranch their cattle instead of relaying on freebies from the federal government. If it means the price of beef will increase to cover their expenses so it.

This whole cattle and herdsmen crisis would be over.

Stop lying, he repeated severally that the herdsmen should go back to their state of origin and buy land. Even the Govs are saying no piece of land will be given for ranching. All I say is when similar treatment is given back to you don't wail. With all the propaganda against herdsmen who will sell their land?

Do you thinking ranching is a 2 by 2 shop? You see the problem you want to discuss an issue you have no inkling about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Soludo Visits Burnt Aguata Secretariat / Ezekwesili Condemns Obanikoro's Ministerial Screening, Fayose Congratulates Him / Festus Keyamo Tackles Arise TV Journalist (See Reaction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.