Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why So Much Emphasis On The Niger Delta And Boro? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why So Much Emphasis On The Niger Delta And Boro? (1781 Views)

Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas / How Issac Adaka Boro And Ken Saro Wiwa Sold Niger Delta To Slavery / Pictures Of Heavy Equipments Moved To Boro Port. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Why So Much Emphasis On The Niger Delta And Boro? by Afriifa(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2021
fozapi:

v. The Niger Delta (South-South) people have all the resources to vie for a separate republic of their own, either collectively as one or seperately as two-three countries as they deem necessary. Respect that! You are not UN. Stop asking for their CV!

Niger dekta is not a tribe and now people can understand the hypocrisy of the ijaws doing the same thing that they accused igbos of, speak for ijaws and not all tribes in the so called Niger delta
What has your trust for ESN led you to? Useless foolish rant of a turd. Your stupid supreme leader is currently under the custody of the Nigerian state, with terrorism charges and treason. Instead of chanelling your energy and resources towards releasing him, you are here pouring out your foolish fustrations on Ijaws. They told you we are trying to annex other ethnic nationalities in our republic? You didn't read when Ijaw stakeholders under the leadership of INC visited the President at the state house to clamour for Ijaw Republic? Ignorant fools and misguided elements. Even yesterday, same leadership was telling britain through one of its commissioners about their plans to leave Nigeria as Ijaw Republic. We don't force people.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Emphasis On The Niger Delta And Boro? by wealthtrak: 9:06pm On Mar 04, 2022
Afriifa:
I've been observing with keen interests, how some propaganda mercenaries are creating threads incessantly about the Niger-Delta ethnic nationalities, particularly the Ijaws, with malicious attempts to undermine their disposition on the 'Biafra' discourse.
I've assessed so many derogatory comments made against the Niger Delta people on this faceless forum.
I have also evaluated the 'divide and rule' antics demonstrated by Biafra promulgators on this forum as they try to pitch other ethnic nationalities in the Niger Delta against the Ijaws in their act of desperation.
Finally, I've also acknowledge their collective efforts in distorting truths that underscores their role in Boro's trial as a Niger Delta revolutionist.
Also, in their quest to re-write history, I've also examined their attempts in ridiculing Boro's legacies as a Niger Deltan, and as a National hero as well as to the Ijaw People. Thus, I have the following submission.
i. You all need to acknowledge that the Niger Delta (South-South) People are politically and economically conscious of their position in Nigeria, and that includes Biafra, as such, we don't appreciate you telling us what is best for us. We Know What's Best for Our Interest.
ii. Secondly, we are conscious of our history, and we are not some lost tribe of Jew. Thus, your attempts to re-write our histories to advance your ethnic interests in the South-South is well noticed. Have some decorum. You can't be enforcing your own version people's history on them.
iii. The treacherous and swindling nature of the average Igbo man is duly acknowledged by all ethnic nationalities in the Niger Delta. No amount of romantic histories written by you is going to salvage that. Its an Igbo syndrome, and like a virus that has no cure, the result is there for everyone to see.
iv. Insulting the Ijaw people by calling them lazy, ogogoro drinkers, i.e labeling them all sort of derogatory terms and creating one thread here and there to rubbish Boro's legacies because of their opposing views only underscores your desperation.
v. The Niger Delta (South-South) people have all the resources to vie for a separate republic of their own, either collectively as one or seperately as two-three countries as they deem necessary. Respect that! You are not UN. Stop asking for their CV!
vi. You are in no moral, economic, political or intellectual position to tell us what to do, as Niger Deltans. Our name is of no meaning, leave it!
Now my questions;
i. If Boro was used by the caliphate and killed, who was then using Iguiyi Ironsi? And any story about his dishonourable death?
ii. If Ojukwu who cowardly scrammed after leading millions to death could be celebrated as a Biafran Hero despite coming back to romance with the same people he fought against; had his former ranks restored to him, retired as a Nigerian Army, receiving pensions, and concentrated his biggest investment in the same north. Why so much emphasis on Boro and how the Ijaws celebrates him as a Hero?
Brilliant! smiley

Indeed, many who do not read do not realise that after Ojukwu was given a national pardon by the FG under Shehu Shagari, he continued to collect his pension as a retired
Colonel of the Nigerian Army until he passed on.

Your knowledge of history is high! I enjoyed the fluidity of your writing and use of dialectics.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why So Much Emphasis On The Niger Delta And Boro? by Afriifa(m): 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
wealthtrak:

Brilliant! smiley

Indeed, many who do not read do not realise that after Ojukwu was given a national pardon by the FG under Shehu Shagari, he continued to collect his pension as a retired
Colonel of the Nigerian Army until he passed on.

Your knowledge of history is high! I enjoyed the fluidity of your writing and use of dialectics.
Thank You.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Lady Appoint US Secretary Of Africa Affairs / Biafra.See The List Of Of U.N Demands In Queries To Nigeria Over Kanu's Extradit / Would You Allow Your Child To Serve In The Military(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.