Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO (29992 Views)

Prelate Akpanika Emerged Through Transparent Process - Presbyterian Church / First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service / Coronavirus: Apostle Joshua Selman In UK, Shocked As Members Refuse To Hold Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Metrix147: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
Confronted by a dilapidated and leaking worship centre, the Presbyterian Church of Nigeria, City Model Parish, Umuahia Abia State has called on good-spirited Nigerians, groups and the Christian community, in general, to come to their aid as they make efforts to pack to a befitting worship centre.

Not deterred by the situation of the current structure to have communion with their God, members of the church on Sunday defied the heavy downpour which flooded into the worship arena to have their normal Sunday service.

When ABN TV visited the church, members were sighted scooping water from the church hall while others were seen holding their umbrellas during the service.

Speaking with our correspondent, Rev. Engr. Cletus Mba, the Minister in charge of City Model Parish of Presbyterian Church Azikiwe Road Umuahia described the situation as pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-NTYxs2ls
The Clergy noted that the church has been robbed of its peace since the commencement of the rains, adding that as a parish, the centre ought to be a megacity church where people will worship freely.

According to Rev. Mba, the situation has remained challenging to the parish, urging Nigerians with modest means, especially members of Presbyterian Church nationwide to come to the Parish's assistance.

He expressed displeasure that after 175 years of existence of the church, worship services are still conducted in such an arena.

"The church of Jesus should not suffer shame. It should not suffer this type of thing. Please, brethren, let's come to the aid of City Model Parish in Azikiwe Road, Umuahia so that we can leave here.

"We have gotten a place we want to pay for. What is holding us now is the balance of N10m. As a church, we have committed about N11m. We are calling on good-spirited people of God to come and help us" he appealed.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/06/flood-sacks-presbyterian-church-parish-in-umuahia-as-members-worship-with-umbrellas-photos-video/

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Fahdiga1: 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kudos to them for sticking to what they believe in but that doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is the most religious country in the world yet the underworld capital of the world. Who are these people worshiping under the rain? are they not Nigerians and why are there so many bad people in Nigeria?

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by kingxsamz(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2021
grin Nawa, their prayers couldn't pray away the rain.
As the rain no gree stop, dem go kuku call am "showers of blessings" make e no be like say their prayer no work. grin
All the churches wey full Nigeria neva do them? grin These ones dey find 10million to repair their church so that business can move smoothly as usual. grin
"The lord is their strength".

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Bluntguy: 10:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
It's well. They will surely overcome this.

5 Likes

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2021
Metrix147:
According to Rev. Mba, the situation has remained challenging to the parish, urging Nigerians with modest means, especially members of Presbyterian Church nationwide to come to the Parish's assistance.

He expressed displeasure that after 175 years of existence of the church, worship services are still conducted in such an arena.

"The church of Jesus should not suffer shame. It should not suffer this type of thing. Please, brethren, let's come to the aid of City Model Parish in Azikiwe Road, Umuahia so that we can leave here.

"We have gotten a place we want to pay for. What is holding us now is the balance of N10m. As a church, we have committed about N11m. We are calling on good-spirited people of God to come and help us" he appealed.
Even if I believed in the church businesses of men, this is no such business to invest in, this afye 175 years with nothing to show. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by money121(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by BF69BF: 7:54am On Jun 16, 2021
"Church of Christ" in the poteoux poteoux grin grin

To go church no be by force o before water carry you go far away, far awaaaaaay.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Neimar: 7:54am On Jun 16, 2021
Una nr get members shocked
Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Pilopher: 7:54am On Jun 16, 2021
I reserve My comment
Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by emmabest2000(m): 7:54am On Jun 16, 2021
kingxsamz:
As the rain no gree stop, dem go kuku call am "showers of blessings" make e no be like say their prayer no work. grin

They must be PDP members

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by nosagold(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2021
kingxsamz:

Is there any wisdom in this statement? Read it again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by naijadrivablog: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2021
sad sad

and. Their trapezium head somebody was counting Dominos and shoprite as achievements.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Mossadd: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2021
Which kind sufferness be this one?must you go to church?

3 Likes

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Hotzone(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2021
Kingdom of Jehovah must prevail
Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Calitoscassius(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2021
Gullible ignorant goons..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by iamyemiakins(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
sad
What have you seen?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by FalseProphet1(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2021
I see friends and members home and abroad, donating millions of cash (hard currency inclusive) to the Reverend for the church building, I see him diverting some for his personal use, I see him buying a car and building his personal house, I see tongues waggling secretly amongst his members.

This I have seen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by ODJ124(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2021
tongue it is well...

grin grin
Landlord calling...
Landlord calling...
Landlord calling...
Landlord calling...
New number calling...

�I'm not that stupid grin grin grin

Thread seen

4 Likes

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by GboyegaD(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2021
Hopefully, the Presbyterian church will come to their aid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by IgboWarlord(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2021
Hotzone:
Kingdom of Jehovah must prevail

Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

1 Like

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by sofiscatedmoron: 7:57am On Jun 16, 2021
Rain in south east and south south na always something else,
Unlike in south west where their rainfall still dey learn work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Cokahot: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2021
Religion should be banned. We are devil's.
Using religion as camouflage. Bastard hypocrites especially choir. They sex like no tmrw,fornicate and all but on Sunday they act holy.fools

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Okortor: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2021
Don't Judge especially when it comes to spiritual matters.
Set awon Low budget atheist take note or you get consumed by your tongues.

As for me and my household, we shall serve the LORD GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Pilopher: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2021
Life in the street is filled with hustling and bustling and the fittest survives.
At a point in my life when the struggle was on how to survive not thrive.

I had this friend who normally comes around to vent his frustration when the market becomes really tough for him and everyone else.

At such moment, I will be so engrossed with pressing my smartphone sometimes standing right inside the scorching sun, that seems to be my only consolation.Often times, he'd wonder what kind of person I was, so attached to my phone. of course, he knows i wasn't doing anything bad with it.

He would complain bitterly then, he will say to me "I am changing my line of business"

Yes! He does changes his business however, nothing really changes it's the same style of selling. It's just a switch over to what his neighbour who also complains from time to time sells.And in a couple of weeks he would be back again with the same old story.

Moving in the same circle over and over.
He wasn't someone I could really explain things to, so i'd just listen to him and contribute my quota around the discussion subject.

If I press harder, he may end up insulting me. the last time I tried telling him the truth. His response was "if you know all dis things why you still dey dis street with us"What he didn't know is that, we were faced with *information gap*
Just the other day, I dropped my phone on the table to respond to a knock on the door and a friend mistakenly saw my affiliate dash board.

Wow! Guy what is this? and I said its my affiliate marketing dashboard.

He said; " I have never had anything called such before" of course, I did explain it to him in the simplest way i could.Information gap if bridged is capable of changing ones life from nothing to something in a short time frame.

It will always remain an insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different outcome.

There are information's that can transform your life you will never access by virtue of your mindset, location and network.Although, Information alone is not enough to do the magic but it remains the first step to getting it right.
You can't be wise If you don't know.
If you are taking action yet the result is not coming as it should, increase the frequency antennal of the information you receive.
Awareness would always close the gap of ignorance
#inspire_me
#Pinnacle
©Adafin Titus

1 Like

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by brainpulse: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2021
Hypocrites, they cant hold their government responsible, but will always jerk on the North, Kaduna and Lagos.

Flood and Fraud ravaging Biafra underdeveloped land. With their useless government and citizen, all they know is how to condemn Lagos doing 1000 times better than their Osu land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO by Cnach: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2021
That is my church but Presbyterian church of over 50years in Nigeria shouldn't be the one calling on people to help them build their church bc they are worshipping under a leaking roof. Their management should be investigated, I think corruption has entered into their overall leadership. This is an insult to the church and her members across the country.
How can a church of 50 members in umuahia be saying such rubbish?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name / COVID-19 Vaccines: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Condemns Christians Taking Vaccines / Rev Fathers Protest Stealing Of The Blessed Sacrament From The Church In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.