Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water (75598 Views)

Coca-cola And Football: From Ronaldo’s Rejection To Messi’s Addiction / EPL: Pele Reacts As Ronaldo Officially Returns To Man Utd / Angry Cristiano Ronaldo Removes Silver Medal After Juve Lost Super Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by gentlegenius(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
D4donnn:
His actions affected investors .

But at the end of the day I don't see or think anyone would stop patronizing their product because ororo advocated for water .

I stand to be corrected sha , please they should do a survey of those willing to quit coca cola product because of ororo actions .

Mind you coca cola is bigger than just coke

They have Fanta sprite and other products.

Let's even do a mini survey
A like for sticking with coca cola irrespective
While a share if you would quit coca cola because of ronaldos actions.
Have you seen the result of your survey?
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Wierdceo: 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
phr0nesis:

There are few who are fortunate. There are people who smoke cigarettes till 90 years; Still doesn't mean we encourage smoking
Moderation is still important in everything we do anyway.

Choose this day what you will follow but as for me and my household, we will drink coke all the days of our lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by 3ice: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
That is an example to say that celebrities should live their lives as example for others to follow. Whatever wrong life you choose to live has affected a value in someonne else life.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by weedfada(m): 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2021
Levels to this shii!
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by alaribe1992(m): 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
G.O.A.T for a reason cool cool cool

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by phr0nesis(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2021
Wierdceo:

Moderation is still important in everything we do anyway.

Choose this day what you will follow but as for me and my household, we will drink coke all the days of our lives.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by kmaster007: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lolz werey
Kingpin1000:

After that incident I also had a rethink, am not drinking coca cola. I don't see any benefit than increasing my sugar level.

1 Like

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by mudiana(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2021
michlins:
I really don't know how to process this information. He removed a drink from the table and chose another and automatically $4bn was wiped off the company value and even prompted the to issue a statement about the gesture.

How can an individual hold so much influence over the choice of consumers like this.

If I hit him with a deal, he will be hawking the drink on the express. That's if am the CEO of coca-cola.

There can only be one GOAT and he's a tall guy

Argue with yourself and your family plus village people
it's like u don't know CR7 is a stubborn G.O.A.T. He turned down several deals from Dubai last year. Man is very disciplined.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Mozegee: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2021
I really have a rethink about how I takes coca cola
michlins:
I really don't know how to process this information. He removed a drink from the table and chose another and automatically $4bn was wiped off the company value and even prompted the to issue a statement about the gesture.

How can an individual hold so much influence over the choice of consumers like this.

If I hit him with a deal, he will be hawking the drink on the express. That's if am the CEO of coca-cola.

There can only be one GOAT and he's a tall guy

Argue with yourself and your family plus village people
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Jeferious: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
breathelove:

You talk as if Coke is the Mafia that would send hitmen to him. I don't see how coke can affect Ronaldo's image or his personal brand. True Ronaldo's popularity may not always be this high but it has nothing to do with coke. I really don't see them sending a hitman after Ronaldo.
Ronaldo has made himself an ambassador of healthy living. he does not drink alcohol, He controls his diet and has remained fit and healthy all through his career. His action is one that many young sportsmen should emulate if they seek to get to the top.
What about hit him with numerous vexatious lawsuits that would eat deep into his funds after he has retired, leaving him on the edge of bankruptcy? Suits they know they can't hit him with now because the big dogs are still interested in his career and would surely cover him so that he won't feel a thing, so Cola now wait till he's done with football and the big dogs have moved on to the latest prospects?

My dear, there are many ways to kill a rat, hitmen aside. All I'm saying is that it is not good to make an enemy, especially where this is unnecessary. And no matter how much we try to construct possibilities, there are still other ways Cola can hurt Ronaldo than we can ever imagine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2021
uthlaw:
oga no deceive yourself,those guys de cash out steady... husstle well make u no carry person matter put 4 head!

And me no dey cashout ahbi?
hustle well make u no carry person matter put 4 head
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Krismas(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Cr7 does not own the conference interview...it belongs to official of the Euro...

As a player or manager of a team..You don't have take any of that drink..

They are just there as AD nothing more

coolRules change from time to time, depending on how people challenge them. Footballers have been challenging game makers for sometime now for using their names and images without royalties. Though d game makers insist the competitions from where their copies emerged are FIFA owned and have already paid FIFA royalty. I can’t ad for u wen I have no contact wit u! U have contact wit Euro, good but Euro is not CR7. There has to be someway to manage d difference
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by D4donnn: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2021
gentlegenius:

Have you seen the result of your survey?

Yes o I wish them the best if Ronaldo can make people quit coca cola health wise it's a great thing. Na make them live up to am be the koko hopefully them no take am as cruise
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Yoighaman(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
Bosenan:
Wow, what an influence. I saw the interview and never thought it would have such immediate impact on the value of the company consistenly ranked as the biggest brand in the world.

Na why i no fit follow them do all these stock trading, Elon Musk sneeze wahala for crypto, Ronaldo shift bottle, wahala for coke

LOL... grin
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by BigDawsNet: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2021
Krismas:
coolRules change from time to time, depending on how people challenge them. Footballers have been challenging game makers for sometime now for using their names and images without royalties. Though d game makers insist the competitions from where their copies emerged are FIFA owned and have already paid FIFA royalty. I can’t ad for u wen I have no contact wit u! U have contact wit Euro, good but Euro is not CR7. There has to be someway to manage d difference

You right

But do you know Coca-Cola sponsor Euro finicially

While Euro must settle each participating country which may b higher than the other depending on how far you go in the tournament

It's the final job of each nation to pay it's allowances to it's player in every match or after the competition.

All the root of these money is coming from the Euro Sponsors

Which are Coca-Cola, Heineken and order

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Kingpin1000: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

Low sugar level is deadlier than high; balancing is key.

Coca-Cola actually helps to build up sugar level. A man almost was dieing as a result of low sugar and was asked to take a bottle of Coke, fast, he recovered.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Kingpin1000: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

Low sugar level is deadlier than high; balancing is key.

Coca-Cola actually helps to build up sugar level. A man almost was dieing as a result of low sugar and was asked to take a bottle of Coke, fast, he recovered.
Bro. I'm not taking coca cola again. Oya tell me the benefit of coca cola na
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Jeferious: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
frankson1:

What can Coca-Cola do to him? Seize his properties, stop paying him salary or stop feeding him..what exactly?

CR7 should not even continue with the campaign because Coca-Cola 'go hear am'.
God use people to bless people. The tournaments that Ronaldo have starred in were due to people's sponsorships. Ronaldo is big, but Cola is definitely much bigger. If you doubt me, let Ronaldo sponsor just one Euro Championship all by himself.

But if you fail to grab the sense in this first paragraph, I don't think there's much need to explain that Cola can really get back at Ronaldo if they mean to. If to you, Ronaldo is invincible, then so be it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by frankson1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
Jeferious:
God use people to bless people. The tournaments that Ronaldo have starred in were due to people's sponsorships. Ronaldo is big, but Cola is definitely much bigger. If you doubt me, let Ronaldo sponsor just one Euro Championship all by himself.

But if you fail to grab the sense in this first paragraph, I don't think there's much need to explain that Cola can really get back at Ronaldo if they mean to. If to you, Ronaldo is invincible, then so be it

It's a very simple question that I asked and I'm asking because I want to know.
What and how can Coca-Cola company get back at CR7?

Besides, I can't make anything out of your first paragraph because it didn't answer my question.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Elliotwaveforec: 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
Kingpin1000:

Bro. I'm not taking coca cola again. Oya tell me the benefit of coca cola na

I'm not encouraging taking it, I'm just saying that if your sugar level is low, it kills faster than when it's high; and the only solution to low sugar level is to consume more sugar and Coke does justice to that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by laughitall(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2021
Blacksavage:
Omo this value ehnn
No be here oh
Waiting coca cola don cause for my waste na me no waiting I dey face sha cry
you wey Dey craze
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Kingpin1000: 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

I'm not encouraging taking it, I'm just saying that if your sugar level is low, it kills faster than when it's high; and the only solution to low sugar level is to consume more sugar and Coke does justice to that.
Bros I understand but in Nigeria our staple food is made of sugar there is no day a Nigerian doesn't consume sugar that is why we have a higher number of people with high sugar level than low sugar level
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThierryJay:

Very very unnecessary reaction indicative of an attention seeker. If he did not like Coke, he could have even drank only the water and leave the Coke untouched which is subtle but understandable.

As if it's not enough removing the Coke, he then opens that his wide mouth to spew Opata meow yarns. Does he think that the immorality that his hotels are encouraging is acceptable to all? Is living healthy about only avoiding sugar? What about avoiding oloshos and limiting STDs?

How can Coke pay for an event and have a beneficiary slight their product publicly? That's unprofessional and I don't expect ignorant fans bereft of the workings of the professional corporate world to align at that mental level to be able to separate fandom from unethical behaviour.

Coke is worth 232bn dollars. CR is not even worth a billion dollars. It's not even a close contest at all.

100% True.

He dude So called brand name is nowhere near Coke as a global brand.

Dude will not last 5years as a rand after his retirement.
Coke is like a religeon.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
Guyman02:

No, I have started avoiding Coke already but it helps to see another person like Ronaldo or even a child discouraging one from an addiction.

That's good for you.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
frankson1:

It's a very simple question that I asked and I'm asking because I want to know.
What and how can Coca-Cola company get back at CR7?

Besides, I can't make anything out of your first paragraph because it didn't answer my question.

Are you a kid?

Is he richer or more famous than Coke?

Have you not heard or seen celebrities been setup perfectly.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
alaribe1992:
G.O.A.T for a reason cool cool cool

So rejecting Coke is now the criteria for been GOAT, is no longer tap In and penalty ?
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2021
breathelove:

I disagree with you. Ronaldo is one of the most influential people on earth. His singular action was a campaign for healthy living. Today many young people follow after Ronaldo. They would cut down their sugar intake and depend more on water. We need more people like Ronaldo. Obesity and Diabetes are real issues.

Only Zombies fellow or wait on celebrities before taking decisions that affect their lives
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThierryJay:

He was sending a right message in the wrong manner and in the wrong place. Its wrong for him to send such message at an event paid for by the brand he was criticising. By being part of Euro 2020, he is a beneficiary of Coca-Cola a major sponsor. He should have used his social media accounts to send his fans message and not be forming holier than thou when these "evil" drinks are also sold in Ronaldo's hotels or will he force his customers not to take Soda and alcohol but only water? Where will he see revenue then?

Wisdom is critical in life application as he just unnecessarily made Coke an enemy for himself. He cannot outlast Coke.

What do you expect from an attention seeker.

The truth is that the level of sugar in each Coke varies according to the country it is produced.

All this crap about coke contributing to sugar and healthy living are just crap his fans are using to justify his arrogance.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2021
michlins:
he rejected deals from coke and Pepsi because he believes they're not good for him and he wouldn't give it to his fans.

As for the goat, let him add the $4bn the GOAT wiped off from coca-cola

Clown and hypocrites.

Both most of his fans work directly or are distributors for Coke and Pepsi and they also sponsor most of the tournament he has played.

Where does he think the millions he is paid comes from or the fans who buy his Jersey and other merchandise get their money from?

He should boycott his fans who work for both companies.

Clown

1 Like

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2021
ajl:

Prices of companies stocks are greatly influenced by people's perception, fear, greed, and uncertainty. Remember that it is the public that buy stocks, so people will react to this and some of the stockholders may choose to sell their stocks because they may assume that if an influencer like Ronaldo promotes drinking of water rather than a Coca-Cola in public, that this can affect the sales of the drink and returns on their stocks. So, they would choose to sell their stocks to prevent loss in values of their stock holding over time. The price of Coca-Cola stock will come up again except if bad news about the company continue.

On point.

Most of his fans are Illiterate when it comes to stock market.

Secondly I think the drop in their stock value is over this incident is over exaggerated.

Many other factors were involved.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by meobizy(f): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2021
This is a case of endorsement getting forced on the company. Watch them pay him to become a brand ambassador in the near future. As for me, I bought a carton of Coca Cola some days back. Reading the contents of the product made me rethink its consumption. Do you know commercially consumed vanilla has an ingredient extracted from the anal glands of beavers? The white man won't kill somebody. It's no wonder their people die of cancer all the time. Peanut butter and chocolate bars have a regulated amount of rat faeces present in them. Kai! The best solution in life is to personally source all of one's food.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Tonytonex(m): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThierryJay:

Until someone publicly downgrades your personal business, I hope you'll accept the person was wise too.

Anyway Coke's loss is only temporary and it will bounce back asap
that's part of it. If nobody has done that, then you haven't started yet. He was being sincere. He doesn't drink coca-cola.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Screenshots Of Nigerians Begging For Money On Bayern Munich Post. / Planes Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House In Barcelona / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.