Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water (75599 Views)

Coca-cola And Football: From Ronaldo’s Rejection To Messi’s Addiction / EPL: Pele Reacts As Ronaldo Officially Returns To Man Utd / Angry Cristiano Ronaldo Removes Silver Medal After Juve Lost Super Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Olibboy: 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
Bosenan:
Wow, what an influence. I saw the interview and never thought it would have such immediate impact on the value of the company consistenly ranked as the biggest brand in the world.

Na why i no fit follow them do all these stock trading, Elon Musk sneeze wahala for crypto, Ronaldo shift bottle, wahala for coke
na lie jaree...how dem take lose
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Jeferious: 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
frankson1:

It's a very simple question that I asked and I'm asking because I want to know.
What and how can Coca-Cola company get back at CR7?

Besides, I can't make anything out of your first paragraph because it didn't answer my question.
I said something about hitting him with vexatious lawsuits when he's no longer protected by the big dogs after his playing days, probably to deplete his funds and make him bankrupt. It happened to Michael Jackson.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by ThierryJay: 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
Tonytonex:
that's part of it. If nobody has done that, then you haven't started yet. He was being sincere. He doesn't drink coca-cola.

Then he should have shut up, after all nobody asked him any question about Coca-cola or asked him to drink it there. If he feels any obligation to be sincere, he should post it on his Instagram or twitter since he has gazillions of followers there. They'd be influenced.

If he was really sincere about wanting others to live healthy, he should have publicly banned the sales of Coca-cola, alcohol, spirits and all other soda beverages at his hotels and sell only water and let us see whether he'll have sufficient customers and revenue to make. Not going to that extent is hypocritical.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Adimx567(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2021
And now @cRonaldo, you don happy as coke don loss $4billion. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Styluss: 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
Kingpin1000:

After that incident I also had a rethink, am not drinking coca cola. I don't see any benefit than increasing my sugar level.
honestly.... I'm following your footsteps now
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by frankson1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

Are you a kid?

Is he richer or more famous than Coke?

Have you not heard or seen celebrities been setup perfectly.

This hasn't answered my question.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by frankson1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2021
Jeferious:
I said something about hitting him with vexatious lawsuits when he's no longer protected by the big dogs after his playing days, probably to deplete his funds and make him bankrupt. It happened to Michael Jackson.

Vexatious lawsuits that he put bottles of Coca-Cola away?

Anyways, I'm done with this.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Ayomarcel(m): 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
blueAgent:

He built which country economy?

By being influential. They don't build with sand and water. But with their influence. 4b dollars isn't a small money lost.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Blacksavage: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2021
laughitall:
you wey Dey craze
Werey!!
You no dey reply my chat for WhatsApp abi? grin
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by criuze(m): 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2021
mariahAngel:

He was passing a message. A lot of lives will be saved by that act.

A lot of things might be toxic

But launching a direct attack on the brand actually exaggerated things

Once in a while we need coke

Doesn't mean we're all addicted to caffeine

1 Like

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Meesquared000(m): 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2021
It doesn't mean I'll not collect my full salary next week. Who 4billion dollars wan affect?? Coca cola?? Mtchew
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Meesquared000(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThierryJay:

Then he should have shut up, after all nobody asked him any question about Coca-cola or asked him to drink it there. If he feels any obligation to be sincere, he should post it on his Instagram or twitter since he has gazillions of followers there. They'd be influenced.

If he was really sincere about wanting others to live healthy, he should have publicly banned the sales of Coca-cola, alcohol, spirits and all other soda beverages at his hotels and sell only water and let us see whether he'll have sufficient customers and revenue to make. Not going to that extent is hypocritical.

well said. Hypocritical
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ayomarcel:

By being influential. They don't build with sand and water. But with their influence. 4b dollars isn't a small money lost.

Its obvious you don't understand how stocks work.

Besides is by body language or influence, that a country is built?
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by OChimex: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
michlins:
I really don't know how to process this information. He removed a drink from the table and chose another and automatically $4bn was wiped off the company value and even prompted the to issue a statement about the gesture.

How can an individual hold so much influence over the choice of consumers like this.

If I hit him with a deal, he will be hawking the drink on the express. That's if am the CEO of coca-cola.

There can only be one GOAT and he's a tall guy

Argue with yourself and your family plus village people

He acted without good thinking. How can you come out on a live broadcast and do such harm to your fellow man's business? Those brands pay for the live broadcast and sponsor sports hugely which he Ronaldo benefits from.

Does he know how much drinks company pour into sports yearly in sponsorship deals? So why treat a brand like a piece of shirt simply because he doesn't drink it. If those companies folds and withdraw their sponsorship deals and adverts, he will be paid 10k weekly as wage.

Assuming someone like Elon Musk comes to live broadcast and gets his CR7 boxers and throws it away simply because he doesn't wear it?

He is such a selfish man, always thinks of himself alone.

He should have acted humbly and maturely. People put the drinks there. Do your interview and don't tarnish another man's business.

1 Like

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by michlins(m): 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2021
OChimex:

He acted without good thinking. How can you come out on a live broadcast and do such harm to your fellow man's business? Those brands pay for the live broadcast and sponsor sports hugely which he Ronaldo benefits from.

Does he know how much drinks company pour into sports yearly in sponsorship deals? So why treat a brand like a piece of shirt simply because he doesn't drink it. If those companies folds and withdraw their sponsorship deals and adverts, he will be paid 10k weekly as wage.

Assuming someone like Elon Musk comes to live broadcast and gets his CR7 boxers and throws it away simply because he doesn't wear it?

He is such a selfish man, always thinks of himself alone.

He should have acted humbly and maturely. People put the drinks there. Do your interview and don't tarnish another man's business.
Messi fans and trying to stay logical.

So if another man's business is selling tobacco and nicotine,he should be cool with it
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by OChimex: 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
michlins:
Messi fans and trying to stay logical.

So if another man's business is selling tobacco and nicotine,he should be cool with it

That is his private business if he doesn't do it. Don't Come to public and tarnish their image. Nobody made him a moral police.

Go to his hotels, he sells coca cola there. Forget about fans, I am not a fan to all these celebrities. And will never be. I only watch their skills. Let us call a spade a spade no matter whose ox is gored.

Stop being sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Olavic7(m): 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2021
aysnoopy:
Something must still kill a man. Cause he's going for good diet doesn't guarantee him long life. May we all live long
QUITE!!! What you drink or consume determine how you feel
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Ayooluwa4eva: 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
michlins:
I really don't know how to process this information. He removed a drink from the table and chose another and automatically $4bn was wiped off the company value and even prompted the to issue a statement about the gesture.

How can an individual hold so much influence over the choice of consumers like this.

If I hit him with a deal, he will be hawking the drink on the express. That's if am the CEO of coca-cola.

There can only be one GOAT and he's a tall guy

Argue with yourself and your family plus village people

My Brother, That's The Power Of Influence...
Just A Tweet From Elon Musk The Whole Crypto Market Started Crumbling...
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by ultimateprof: 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2021
How I wish this guy can come and shift Buhari like this, our inflation will move to 0.1% overnight.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
Bosenan:
Wow, what an influence. I saw the interview and never thought it would have such immediate impact on the value of the company consistenly ranked as the biggest brand in the world.

Na why i no fit follow them do all these stock trading, Elon Musk sneeze wahala for crypto, Ronaldo shift bottle, wahala for coke
Coca-Cola is not the biggest brand in the world, American supermarket chain Wallmart is the biggest if I'm not mistaken but definitely not coca cola
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Ayomarcel(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Its obvious you don't understand how stocks work.

Besides is by body language or influence, that a country is built?

It's you that don't know how stock works. This isn't the first time an influential person affects stock. We saw this happen during the 1929 crash when JP Morgan Jr influenced the market which led to the V cycle. We saw it recently with Elon Musk and Bitcoin.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ayomarcel:

It's you that don't know how stock works. This isn't the first time an influential person affects stock. We saw this happen during the 1929 crash when JP Morgan Jr influenced the market which led to the V cycle. We saw it recently with Elon Musk and Bitcoin.

Like I said before,is it influence that made US a 22trillion dollar economy?

Individual influence on stock market is minimal it does not last more than a few weeks or month.

1 Like

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by breathelove(f): 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
blueAgent:

Only Zombies fellow or wait on celebrities before taking decisions that affect their lives
That's your opinion. People generally need a leader to follow. That's why we read books and learn from others' lives. Christians for example read the bible to learn from the life of Christ and his prophets. There is great value in understanding successful people
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by breathelove(f): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Jeferious:
What about hit him with numerous vexatious lawsuits that would eat deep into his funds after he has retired, leaving him on the edge of bankruptcy? Suits they know they can't hit him with now because the big dogs are still interested in his career and would surely cover him so that he won't feel a thing, so Cola now wait till he's done with football and the big dogs have moved on to the latest prospects?

My dear, there are many ways to kill a rat, hitmen aside. All I'm saying is that it is not good to make an enemy, especially where this is unnecessary. And no matter how much we try to construct possibilities, there are still other ways Cola can hurt Ronaldo than we can ever imagine
Sue him for doing what? Sue him for not drinking coke? They only want to make him much richer by bringing up weak cases against him. Cocacola and Ronaldo's parts bearly cross. It would be hard to hurt him. I am not sure we have too many examples of superstars who were sued by multinationals for refusing to use their products
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by breathelove(f): 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I understand but you don't have to make it specific on coca cola product

We have hundreds of different cola soda around the world which obviously is not really good for health...but why do you think coca cola should suffer the pain and loose...

If it was an average player in astonvilla or Villarreal by now Coca-Cola would have file a law suit against him...

Remember Coca-Cola will sponsor Euro finicially in this tournaments...
Actually, I believe Europe obeys rule of law. Ronaldo is not guilty of breaking any law. He rejected the bottles of coke and accepted a drink of water. Maybe there is something I am not seeing here but whats the legal case against Ronaldo?

Euro will definitely pay Ronaldo and others in that same money
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by breathelove(f): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
ThierryJay:

He was sending a right message in the wrong manner and in the wrong place. Its wrong for him to send such message at an event paid for by the brand he was criticising. By being part of Euro 2020, he is a beneficiary of Coca-Cola a major sponsor. He should have used his social media accounts to send his fans message and not be forming holier than thou when these "evil" drinks are also sold in Ronaldo's hotels or will he force his customers not to take Soda and alcohol but only water? Where will he see revenue then?

Wisdom is critical in life application as he just unnecessarily made Coke an enemy for himself. He cannot outlast Coke.
he never criticized Coca-Cola, He only rejected the drinks that were presented to him. It is way within his rights to do that. And expect more and more people to take after him
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2021
breathelove:

That's your opinion. People generally need a leader to follow. That's why we read books and learn from others' lives. Christians for example read the bible to learn from the life of Christ and his prophets. There is great value in understanding successful people

Crap.

We all learn from people every day, that's a different thing from one living his entire life or taking decisions without introspection just becos a celebrity did it, I call such people Zombie.

And that's the reason why the World is going crazy.
People do things not becos it is the right thing rather they do things becos there demi god did it.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by Jeferious: 11:29am On Jun 18, 2021
breathelove:

Sue him for doing what? Sue him for not drinking coke? They only want to make him much richer by bringing up weak cases against him. Cocacola and Ronaldo's parts bearly cross. It would be hard to hurt him. I am not sure we have too many examples of superstars who were sued by multinationals for refusing to use their products
I never said that Ronaldo owes Cola a duty to drink their product. It's nobody's business what anybody drinks, so far as it isn't illegal. But trying to demarket and make such a popular product lose relevance isn't to be taken lightly.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Cola would move to sue him now, neither am I saying that it must be for obvious demarketing reasons. Remember he had a rape charge against him in the past. Imagine if in the future when he has hung his boots and is no longer as relevent in the football world as he is now, and other ugly allegations begin to rear up their ugly heads against him, both true ones and trumped-up ones, and Cola then thinks it's the right time to punish him for his arrogance by lending financial muscles to his detractors....... it's not going to be easy for him and his funds.

The point I'm trying to pass is this, he could have ignored those coke bottles. Making the company his enemy openly was unwise and unnecessary, inspire of his beliefs. And however you see it, Ronaldo is not invincible. If Michael Jackson and R. Kelly were cut to size, then even Ronaldo should be wary.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by breathelove(f): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
Jeferious:
I never said that Ronaldo owes Cola a duty to drink their product. It's nobody's business what anybody drinks, so far as it isn't illegal. But trying to demarket and make such a popular product lose relevance isn't to be taken lightly.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Cola would move to sue him now, neither am I saying that it must be for obvious demarketing reasons. Remember he had a rape charge against him in the past. Imagine if in the future when he has hung his boots and is no longer as relevent in the football world as he is now, and other ugly allegations begin to rear up their ugly heads against him, both true ones and trumped-up ones, and Cola then thinks it's the right time to punish him for his arrogance by lending financial muscles to his detractors....... it's not going to be easy for him and his funds.

The point I'm trying to pass is this, he could have ignored those coke bottles. Making the company his enemy openly was unwise and unnecessary, inspire of his beliefs. And however you see it, Ronaldo is not invincible. If Michael Jackson and R. Kelly were cut to size, then even Ronaldo should be wary.
Well, I agree with much of what you say. But then, if Ronaldo or any other superstar is guilty of rape or abuse, he should pay for his crimes. Still, I don't think Ronaldo was being arrogant. I believe he was just trying to pass a message. Again, you are right, it could come back to bite him. who knows.
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by breathelove(f): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Crap.

We all learn from people every day, that's a different thing from one living his entire life or taking decisions without introspection just becos a celebrity did it, I call such people Zombie.

And that's the reason why the World is going crazy.
People do things not becos it is the right thing rather they do things becos there demi god did it.
Well, again your opinion. Wise men learn from greatness. The world is greater than it has ever been because we are blessed with the experience of millions of great people that came before us. If you do not understand the power of influence, it would be hard to explain my point to you. Many great footballers were influenced by the playing styles of stars before them. Great leaders were influenced by the lives and writings of those before them. Scientists are influenced by the works of those before them.
If you feel that anyone who would reduce his sugar and soda intake, look after his health better, and stay fit because of Ronaldo's example is a Zombie, then I think the world needs more Zombies
And the notion that the world is going crazy or getting worst, I don't know where people get that from. Do some research and you would find out that the world is far better and safer than it has ever been. I could send you a few articles to read if you are interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by blueAgent(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
breathelove:

Well, again your opinion. Wise men learn from greatness. The world is greater than it has ever been because we are blessed with the experience of millions of great people that came before us. If you do not understand the power of influence, it would be hard to explain my point to you. Many great footballers were influenced by the playing styles of stars before them. Great leaders were influenced by the lives and writings of those before them. Scientists are influenced by the works of those before them.
And the notion that the world is going crazy or getting worst, I don't know where people get that from. Do some research and you would find out that the world is far better and safer than it has ever been. I could send you a few articles to read if you are interested.

Really?

The World is safer, where you sleeping all this years?
Re: Coca-Cola Loses $4 Billion As Ronaldo Removes Soft Drink To Endorse Water by breathelove(f): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
blueAgent:

Really?

The World is safer, where you sleeping all this years?
I beg you to do some research on this, you would be amazed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Planes Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House In Barcelona / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 / When You Are From Croatia But Your Girlfriend Is Nigerian. #WorldCup (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.