Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (31569 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
Nigeria doesn't encourage legit hustle, to make money for this country 100% legit no easy. That's the reality at the moment, enough said. When I learnt that the guy who cuts my hair was a graduate and his salary was 25k, my conscience forced me to tip him 1,500 extra. Indeed this country has no plan for the youths, make una find something do oh!

18 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by cho25bc(f): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
I was worried before,still worried though, but now, ive decided to chill and focus on my writing business instead. Im no longer looking for a job because i dont seem to be lucky in that aspect

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by pillarmaria(m): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.
Which state do you reside?
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Oiza131(f): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.
Why not add home lessons to it. It pays better than the salary. Depending on your location though. Since you read physics, it's an added advantage, at least you'd be able to teach mathematics and other science related subjects.
I'm a teacher and my major source of income is home lesson. Can be so stressful, but at the end of the month, plus and minus, you'll still have something quite reasonable

6 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Babitee1(f): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
Silvernus2020:

Please, I would like to know how many subjects you're taking in that school, I once had a teaching job and I was paid #22,500 instead of #30k as agreed,..... And I was teaching Basic Science, Basic Technology, P.H.E, I. C. T, for JSS1 - 3 sad and for Basic 3, 4 and 5 I was teaching Basic Science, Quantitatively, Creative Writing and Speak Right, sad........... cry cry cry cry

Wow why are some employers so greedy. Taking advantage of the fact that the country is hard to manipulate youth.

4 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Reeses: 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
And most of the people in here complaining are those against Igbos and calling NK horrible names.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by nwajesus12(m): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Menh, as a lawyer, I can't believe that I am still unemployed since January I relocated to Abuja. Please, I need a job in Abuja. I graduated with 2.1 from the university and law school respectively. Any help in securing a job in Abuja will be appreciated, thanks

8 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by bammydhele(m): 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
I'm really tired. Jot coping at all
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
Not been easy,i must tell you,especially doing business that is capital intensive. Collecting loans is very easy but paying back is another story... I've virtually become Jack of all trade just to survive in this country,regardless of my degree. Thank God for a supportive wife that helps me cut expenses making life easier for us. With 10k nowadays, you cant even buy anything tangible in the market. Its really crazy i swear. For goodness sake ,how can a sachet of water be 20naira,and a bag of water being sold for 250? Which kain country be this? God go help us. It's well

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Fedoglo: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
My bro things hard

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Frales6(f): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
Honestly it has not been easy ooo. wetin man go do na

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by molybdenum0012: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
Well, after my masters degree in 2017, came back to Lagos to search for job, I could not find none. I took up a teaching job that paid me 20k per month while doing some home lessons around the neighborhoods.

Meanwhile I could not rent an apartment of my own, I was squatting with a brother of mine. I worked in this school for some years and then lockdown came, I became jobless and hungry.

Somehow, as a result of the benevolence of close family members, I was able to survive 2020. This year a family member got me a car which I use to do Uber now. And that is how have been surviving.

Life is really hard for unemployed in this country. And even a large numbers of those who are employed are under employed and can hardly take care of themselves.

25 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Reeses: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
If you guys are hungry then show it! Do something out there that will show the world that you are hungry and tired of being hungry. They say an hungry man is an angry man. Burn the fucking country down and start over again

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

30k is even good. Some are earning 15k.

And they can only save when they want to buy a phone of 75k to feel among. Thats why they continue to be hollow in the brain

The only value a business person places on phone is making and receiving calls, if it connects you with the world, it's an added advantage for business. No time for frivolities

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gbogbowa: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:

You don't have to leave your current job to start over; your current job is your means if survival. You have to dedicate some hours of your time to learn new skills/things. I can't even remember the last time I slept for
3-4 hours. NEVER PUT YOUR HOPE ON HUMANS. It has led to tears...VERY premium tears.
That's just the sad situation we've found ourselves in this country. It's one of the reasons we're not progressing 'cause unqualified people are handling several positions. But, you just need to widen out. Go to certain places and meet people. I've seen people that got connections that led to jobs when they were discussing in public. A barber I knew years ago was sponsored abroad for his football career while discussing at the barbing salon. He was barbing my agbalumo head without realizing the next person was a coach. You just have to always make yourself available. Let people be aware of your qualifications and abilities.Years ago, I was with an older family friend at a shell company, so a man started having issues with a computer, he didn't know what to do and getting someone to fix it was a problem. I volunteered to fix it(to the surprise of everyone), and I was able to solve the issue because I've spent hours operating, spoiling and repairing the various computers we had at home. The man immediately offered me a job and I started working the next day till I went to the University. You just have to greatly expand your knowledge and skills acquisition 'cause you never know when you'll be needed.Move with friends that impact positive values to your life. Teach each other things. I taught a friend how to repair computer hardwares and he taught me how to barb. I apply my skills in my day to day life. I'll be turning 68 soon, hope you'll wish me long life and prosperity?
I have computer skill also including phone repair but I tell it's still difficult to cope with 5 kids this day,imagine finishing 300 naira garri with my family once,things are very difficult,no food is cheap now,infact if committing suicide we provide money for my wife and children I don't mind killing myself only that my death will put my wife and children in more poverty

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Cutehector(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
triple996:
Currently serving in sokoto but have business in kaduna grin. Fish farming to b precise.
I must say kaduna is not that bad but seriously thinking of going to kano. Too much competition in Lagos so I hard to leave to my current location
wise man.

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by FindX(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Basic Abuja salary
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by ibechris(m): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
Abba114:
im doing my nysc but deep inside me im always afraid of the time i will finish

Same way I thought.
But u have to be very creative,dogged and strong. I thank God after my NYSC in 2009/2010 I saved every dime I realised in Kebbi state and got a bank job and the story today has indeed changed.

Just start planning how u are going to work out ur ways...and pls,try not go back home to stay with ur parents after service except they have a job for u,if not,start your life from where u are. All the best.

10 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Akalia(m): 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
I resorted to legitimate online hustle.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Michealeni: 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
TzPalo:

U do dem juveniles or table sizes ?
I av a contact here in Lagos for supplies of juveniles
If u care?
Bro I'll be glade if you can also connect me...I do fingerlings and juvenile...God bless
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by planetx: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
nwajesus12:
Menh, as a lawyer, I can't believe that I am still unemployed since January I relocated to Abuja. Please, I need a job in Abuja. I graduated with 2.1 from the university and law school respectively. Any help in securing a job in Abuja will be appreciated, thanks
Too many lawyers in a developing economy like Nigeria that needs more people with technical education in building and repairing things.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
triple996:
Currently serving in sokoto but have business in kaduna grin. Fish farming to b precise.
I must say kaduna is not that bad but seriously thinking of going to kano. Too much competition in Lagos so I hard to leave to my current location
Your last paragraph is absolutely correct, I'm just waiting for one or two things before going back to my STATE TO ESTABLISH MYSELF

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by landforeast(m): 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
It is Not really Easy most especially if you are in area with lower concentration of opportunities in the business and corporate sector. I thank God that I stunmbled on this Real Estate Business Opportunity if not what would I have done.

To young people out there, learn to fold your shirt, roll up your trousers, fling your tie the dustbin, fling your shoes to the bush, hide your certificate in bottom of your bag and go out there and engage yourself with blue collar jobs or Businesses. There are many opportunities out there but not really for the office types. I met a woman who makes close to 30,000 per day selling processed fufu. She has a lot of cassava farm and she process the fufu herself and sell. You can count the number of salary earners that earns more than her.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by nwajesus12(m): 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
planetx:
Too many lawyers in a developing economy like Nigeria that needs more people with technical education in building things.
I am seriously loosing faith in the profession sef

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by planetx: 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gbogbowa:
I have computer skill also including phone repair but I tell it's still difficult to cope with 5 kids this day,imagine finishing 300 naira garri with my family once,things are very difficult,no food is cheap now,infact if committing suicide we provide money for my wife and children I don't mind killing myself only that my death will put my wife and children in more poverty
Why did you have five kids?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Silvernus2020(m): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
Babitee1:

Wow why are some employers so greedy. Taking advantage of the fact that the country is hard to manipulate youth.

They wanted to add {C.C.A} to the subject but I refuse, then the management started given attitude,..... Eventually I fell very ill embarassed embarassed, I had to resign,...

They felt very bitter, because I was leaving and there was no one to take the Computer practicals, but then my health is what matter most than money,...

9 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by RealAlubarika(m): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You mean 15k that is not enough for coffee in 5days?

We rise by lifting others

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gamesmart: 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
4kizo:
Not easy at all...just have to be patient and pray for better Nigeria

Yes o. Keep on "praying".

Pray, pray, pray!

Ask God for "fire" on all obstacles in your life or cut off the head of those that are not from your religion.

That is how to get a better Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Barbiturate(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
I'm not coping. All the people that asked for my CV on Nairaland since my 188 job application hit front page, are yet to respond. I am tired

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by 0dav2(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Phew! Like right now i'm at the valley of indecision,i'm like a walking dead, when for over 1yrs now i cant afford a smart phone even when my friend are giving me the opportunity to earn with it, school fee is right in front of me business not working because of curfew this days rent very overwhelming, i'm sure i wont commit suicide i'll quit this school thing first..

Infact i'm really depressed

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Itzlinda(f): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
triple996:

Just moved to kaduna for a new job?
Can we rap please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

N850k Job & A Boss That Insults: Funny Replies To An Employment Question... / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt / HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.