Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (31550 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by adedehinbo(m): 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
Nigeria of nowadays has reduced a graduate to something insignificance to the society,last year 2020,I saw hell that could have taken my life,(oh Lord I thank you)can't just believe I could pass through those challenges and gradually coming out of them.
Last year 2020 I lost my job due to covid-19 effect on business,I had no hope of what next to do,I was home during the lockdown without hope,I was depressed and couldn't afford basic things anymore which also affected my mum also.
Luckily or what do I call it,my mum friend came,she got to know the ordeal I was passing through,she asked if I can do anything for survival apart from stealing which I replied yes in affirmation.
The next day she told me to dress up and try hold some cash up to 15k the next day,I did that without even thinking twice.
Now the journey of survival begun,we board a bus from sango going to idiroko the boarder side,we stopped at a town called ilase,I was neatly dressed thinking I want to resume a white collar job,after we dropped at ilase,she took me to shop where smuggled rice is being kept for resale to smugglers who could beat customs and security forces and make huge gains after a trip,then foreign rice was just like gold,a bag of rice was sold around 35k then but at ilase,you could get it as low as 15k,I was scared and shaking,the thought of heavy checking points along that road nearly made me collapse,but when I saw a female student also into smuggling,I had to summon courage and face my fears.
Now this is how it started,I had a school bag then,I bought a bag of rice for 14,500 then,I shared the rice into three places,which is 4rubber paints, altogether a bag consists of 12rubber paints.i put four into the school bag and back it like someone going somewhere important,then hardly you see any cars stop to carry any passenger who intends to smuggle rice no matter how small its but the way I dressed couldn't make them have the thought that rice could be the thing inside my bag.
Comfortably I would sit at the front sit with confidence, whenever we get to every check points, custom officials mostly look for women based on the fact that that they use every means to hide rice,some split it into bum,while some in their boobs and even inside their head tie,they all just ignore me,at the end after finishing a bag,I use to make about 12k daily after transportation.
I did this for 6months and kept praying to God to open a new and better way.
I invested most of the money on poultry which I sold off last year december,I bought a car hoping that I could use it to run taxi business,I started it just as planned but the car started developing faults plus traffic officials confiscating my car,these immediately made me lost interest on the business,I parked the car at home,my former company called me to work as a contract staff which I accepted and that's how I am surviving now.
One thing I understand is, in Nigeria,you can do everything right and yet still fails,only grace that makes a man to be successful after hard work

10 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by uthlaw: 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
riverbird:
It's football betting Nd nothing serious bro, 20000x1.08=21600
mad ooo...make I drop azza, anything to keep body abeg!
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Mutmainneen: 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ficient:

Keep your degree aside first. Go ride Keke, okada or taxi. Even private lesson is better than your teaching job. You can drive Keke from morning till 2pm, organise private lessons for kids in a good venue from 4pm to 6pm three or four times a week. Once you close from lesson you hustle small with your taxi or Keke. Think outside the box, learn new skills. Don't tie yourself to that teaching job.
@The bolded, the guys are making it big in my area. I have been trying to get my hands on one, but the price is very much on the high side for someone like me. I have tried my luck with private lessons also, but many parents are not willing to go that extra mile for their children, unless you are willing to do it for free. Thank you very much for this comment. I really appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by planetx: 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gbogbowa:
we are family of five,3 kids though expecting another because I can't afford condom always which led to pregnancy
I can see that you have jokes and will make a good comedian, carry on.

10 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by habsman(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.
The LORD will see you through. It's well.

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by riverbird: 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
uthlaw:
mad ooo...make I drop azza, anything to keep body abeg!

Lol.... grin
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by ChiefSosa(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gbogbowa:
I have computer skill also including phone repair but I tell it's still difficult to cope with 5 kids this day,imagine finishing 300 naira garri with my family once,things are very difficult,no food is cheap now,infact if committing suicide we provide money for my wife and children I don't mind killing myself only that my death will put my wife and children in more poverty
Bro, suicide is not an option. You have to hustle hard. Think about your family and let them be the fuel you need. I pray God sees you through and may all these be in the past. They'll all become stories you talk and laugh about when God has finally picked your call. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Lamasta(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Amen,but if they get the job never depend on it,try and have a back up source of income before taking the job,'things are falling apart' na February salary i collect last week.

Haba mana na yahaya bello state you dey work
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Eldinot4:
It's not easy but we bless God. i decided to leave my comfort zone, i'm currently in abuja with a relation please if anyone knows how i can get a job no matter how small, I'm a graduate of chemistry but can work anywhere because i'm a fast learner i will appreciate.
Shey na you go bless God or na God go bless you?

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gamesmart: 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
CDMHELPDESK007:

Hello brother, Chat with this Man of God- *** with the above information. HE is my father in the Lord and I know he will do something

I immediately think: Man of Fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Taywon: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway Quote and tell me what you need
3k just for job hunting (transportation) in Abuja 0787707659 Acess bank
Tnx in anticipation
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
slimman007:

My brother I don't understand what this country has turned into.How can a moldu of beans(just 8 cups of peak tin)cost between 900/1000 naira here in Abuja,then how do one now survive.I am going craze with the unpleasant situation right now and if it continue this way that means I have no option than to run out of this country even if its Togo.. sad
I no fit shout,but i no say one day,we go dey alright
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hmnn
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by uthlaw: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
vickydevoka:
Bros do something online. That will keep your faith alive. Stay completely away from gambling that will make you to love long. Women are hard to resist. Just use your sense for that one. No de give gals money way u no too get , give her lamba she go believe. Remain bless jobless job seekers like moa
bros forget,na still gambling many they use survive!

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by GboyegaD(m): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.

It is good to help however, do not overwhelm yourself to the point of feeling depressed.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lamasta:

Haba mana na yahaya bello state you dey work
Aketi
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by uthlaw: 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
riverbird:

Lol.... grin
y u de laff me...no dull ur guy,shey make I drop?
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Munzy14(m): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
Going through comments here, I can say it's terrible...In 2023, One confused ambitious fellow will still share 5k, Una go still vote am...smh

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2021
Haaaa,,,,nnkan nbe!

May God turn things around for the goodness of youths in the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by NACE13: 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gbogbowa:
when you have money then birth control is very easy but lack bring many children,even your wife menstrual circle will be abnormal

No offense but that's bullshhit. Family planning is free in federal hospitals, so there's no excuse. Most poor people at illiterates and when you advice them on family planning, they will tell you that it is God who gives children or some funny lame excuse.

I don't pray to be poor but I've said I won't have more than 2 kids if my income after expenses is less than 500k a month. No be me like sex pass but I do it with my head. Na wa o

11 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gjmff: 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
People are suffering
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by jonaifame22(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
darkgoddes:
16k Hmmmnn. Nigeria which way? Pls I'm not bragging o but I think my brothers are lucky to get 30k each monthly from me.

This poster I quoted, 5k is small but if it isn't too small for you, pls send me a pm with your acct details.

God bless you for your kind heart,pls do send it to him, it'll go a long way,I believe
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by sun123: 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need

I need a job .please kindly help me
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gamesmart: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
Munzy14:
Going through comments here, I can say it's terrible...In 2023, One confused ambitious fellow will still share 5k, Una go still vote am...smh

Abi o!

When some support thieves, dem go spoil market.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by slimman007: 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
cho25bc:
I was worried before,still worried though, but now, ive decided to chill and focus on my writing business instead. Im no longer looking for a job because i dont seem to be lucky in that aspect

Love your spirit dear.God will continue to pave way for you.Keep your head high and don't give up...want to know are you married?
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:

First of all: FUCK_YOU!!! Secondly, you must be a useless and lazy maggot if you know my "kind". That means you've done nothing productive with your life. Thirdly, you don't know me, so don't confuse me with the fools you hang out with all day. I assist people because I want to, not because I have to. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU OR ANYONE. THE ONLY PEOPLE I'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ARE MY UNBORN KIDS. COME AND FORCE ME TO ASSIST OR SHOW ME WHERE IT STATES I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU IN THE CONSTITUTION. It's your type that'll be complaining when celebrities and other rich people don't give you money. NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING. Let that get into that your dry skull that is filled with cobwebs. Be there waiting for handouts from others. Keep believing you're the patient dog that will eat the fattest bone. You'll be a bigger fool if you think the impatient dog will leave the fattest bone for you to eat.
Ahn ahn, bros you dey vex o

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Isobug: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
If not for my twins friends turned Brothers abroad, I don't know what would have become of me. Though I'm currently not available for job(currently in a busy schedule program) but it was lack of job for 6 years after graduation that led me to it

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Maski87: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
My own after 3 years off 25000 a month,I started ashawo work,I now make 10000 every night,sometimes more

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Cnach: 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

You are right with your submission. I have since discovered this, but that would mean leaving this current job and starting all over again. How then am I going to be able to handle these other responsibilities? My siblings had already lost some years at home just so my parents can focus on my education to see me graduate. It will be selfish to forsake them now.
Add to the fact that it will require some sort of financial investment as well as time to learn a worthwhile skill- both of which are not in my possession right now.
The biggest mistake any young man can make right now is going to university without first getting a skill. Or at the very least, you find a way to combine both. Unless of course you have been assured of a job upon graduation.
PS: A Federal College of Education, located just opposite my address did a recruitment which coincided with the end of my youth service. Lucky me, right? Well, I went there and a senior lecturer had this to say: "The school is desperately in need of someone with your qualification, but unless you know someone that can push your matter forward. Best of luck to you"
Brother sorry
No think am
And in case u not yet married abeg no play go there bc na poverty extension and not family.
What do u do on Saturdays? If just resting pls u can engage urself to acquire a quick skill that would help u too..and also I think u are due for relocation.
In all, always know that u are not the only one in this mess, n to cap it u are better than 40%. B positive n push more

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt / HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.