Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares (22718 Views)

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by seunmsg(m): 5:47am On Jun 16, 2021
We have a huge loan to pay back and you want salaries of railway workers to be increased. Yet, you’re complaining about the fares. So, where do you want FG to get the money from?

3 Likes

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by martooski(m): 5:49am On Jun 16, 2021
post=102770324:
From beginning to the end of the write-up, nothing about the fare was mentioned.
And that is the main thing Nigerians are waiting to read.

What manner of Journalism!

Please read the number one on the article.
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Fragility6: 5:50am On Jun 16, 2021
aremuforlife:
Rail transport is not cheaper all over the world, it is expensive
Countries were its expensive abeg tell us d type of train dat makes thiers expensive. Nigeria neva get those types dem don dey hike prices. Una conscience no dey wori una knowin u dey support evil. Human being sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by martooski(m): 5:52am On Jun 16, 2021
princemillla:
Is this post about fare or salary
Where is the fare so we can justify this write up?

Did you read the number one point

1 Like

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by LegalWolf: 6:02am On Jun 16, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
When them dey borrow borrow money to finance the project why won't it be expensive? Train is supposed to be the cheapest means of transportation but here is different. Nigeria is the opposite of the world

No it’s not actually. The thing is our people want free things and don’t want to pay. A lot of us have absolutely no idea how things work in the other world. Train fares are also on the high side in UK, at least I know that. Without chnaging this mentality, we can’t go anywhere

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by princemillla(m): 6:04am On Jun 16, 2021
martooski:

Did you read the number one point

Ofcuz I did, the post headline and content berates” the over price of the train system as against the world. But fail to disclose the fare. It’s a report and the reader should be able to justify the whole thing but here there is no communication

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by sisisioge: 6:04am On Jun 16, 2021
So how much them dey charge?

1 Like

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by LegalWolf: 6:04am On Jun 16, 2021
We love free things in this country and do not want to pay. This can’t continue if we sincerely desire change. It can’t !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by budaatum: 6:04am On Jun 16, 2021
Sheggy13:

So this article of roughly 10 paragraphs is what's difficult for you to skim through and see where fare was talked about. If the quoted below isn't about fare, please tell me what else it's about.

He said, “Railway, all over the world, is a social service renderer. The railway is never taken as a profit-making outfit. It serves as the infrastructural mainstay and epicentre of any countries transport economy.

“And it must always be running a tariff regime that is very affordable. So, the idea of fixing a humongous tariff is like indirectly making the train services more of service exclusively for the high-net-worth people. This is number one.

Mr who can read, can you point out how much the fare is because the rest of us can not seem to be able to afford the fine kind of glasses you wear!?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Teejay13(m): 6:04am On Jun 16, 2021
I can't see any valuable content in this article.

The topic does not tally with its content.
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by techWriter1: 6:04am On Jun 16, 2021
I tire for moll
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by vintage01: 6:05am On Jun 16, 2021
Luckydubby7:
Everything about Nigeria is to suffer the poor.
Imagine rail transport that supposed to be cheapest among other means of transportation.

You are very ignorant. Intercity rail transport is not the cheapest all over the world. It is certainly more expensive than air and road transport.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by budaatum: 6:08am On Jun 16, 2021
post=102770759:

Unfortunately, all our posts here are only for the intelligent and reasonable members here, not for everyone.
So we are not suprised you can't comprehend just a sentence!
Sorry, you can't be helped.
Carry ur incoherent jargons to your ilks.
Waste of time and space!

Please forgive them because it seem like they do not know the meaning of train fare!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by mamaafrik(m): 6:08am On Jun 16, 2021
I imagine taking Lagos to ibadan for #2,500 when actually the bus fare is less than#2,000.
Many of these leaders ehnnn,it's like they are doing semovita in their heads.

2 Likes

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by michoim(m): 6:13am On Jun 16, 2021
Distorted news as always from Punch newspapers...

2 Likes

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Olawest99: 6:16am On Jun 16, 2021
Wetin u expect before beans n bread wey be say if I chop 150 before I no go fit stand up for chair again now I dey chop 450 without feeling like eating nothing. I say Ogun kill Buhari
Thunder where are thou

1 Like

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Quahl: 6:17am On Jun 16, 2021
So na we go pay for the loan wey them no invite us when them dey borrow abi? Ok ohh
adioolayi:
You are right Oga NUR....but how do we repay the huge loan taken for this

1 Like

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by infolekan(m): 6:18am On Jun 16, 2021
Sheggy13:

So this article of roughly 10 paragraphs is what's difficult for you to skim through and see where fare was talked about. If the quoted below isn't about fare, please tell me what else it's about.

He said, “Railway, all over the world, is a social service renderer. The railway is never taken as a profit-making outfit. It serves as the infrastructural mainstay and epicentre of any countries transport economy.

“And it must always be running a tariff regime that is very affordable. So, the idea of fixing a humongous tariff is like indirectly making the train services more of service exclusively for the high-net-worth people. This is number one.

I actually read the whole article expecting to see the fare but it was never mentioned. Is it 3k? 10k? or whatever it is. It can't be that difficult to state the exact fare can it?

3 Likes

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Benwallt(m): 6:27am On Jun 16, 2021
It is bedeveling that someone wrote this complaint without mentioning how much the fare is.

2 Likes

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Ahmeduana(m): 6:32am On Jun 16, 2021
Things that are essential in other countries, they become luxuries when they get to Nigeria, imagine KEDCO one of the DISCO in NORTHWEST kano specific, given a single prepaid meter to a resident of 10 TENANTS to share!
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Lightdecor: 6:34am On Jun 16, 2021
Cholls:
My brother price list please

Lagos-ibadan. Economy #2,500
Business class. #
First class #6,000.
Check other price list on the link �
httpss://nigerianprice.com/lagos-ibadan-train/
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by bakol: 6:36am On Jun 16, 2021
What sort of a Garbage write up is this?
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by modsfucker: 6:38am On Jun 16, 2021
DrAkpa:

And this one calls him self a graduate.

Anyway, na Benue state university you go, so am not surprised. You can't even read a common English language.

That is me in the picture teaching you how to read English language

I'm not surprised, not am not surprised; and

Himself not him self.

Those who live in glass house should not throw stones.

2 Likes

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Asquare84(m): 6:38am On Jun 16, 2021
post=102770324:
From beginning to the end of the write-up, nothing about the actual fare was mentioned.
And that is the main thing Nigerians are waiting to read.

What manner of Journalism is this?!

Can you just imagine the nonsense write up, considering the rate of insecurity on our road now I don't think charging 3000 lagos to ibadan is a bad idea

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by SoNature(m): 6:38am On Jun 16, 2021
Grace001:
No price yet! High price ticket or not which ever way, Nigerians will board it. Nigerians quickly accept their fate and move on.

That's not true.
Nobody will use that train if they charge higher than commercial buses.
The last time I went to Ibadan from Ojodu-Berger, it was 1k (some years back).
If they charge higher than buses, nobody will use the train; people will only go there to take pictures and never use it again.
They should consider this factor before fixing its fare.
Everyone wants the best deal, including the rich and the poor.

1 Like

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Amodi470(m): 6:39am On Jun 16, 2021
Deltafirstson:

https://punchng.com/nur-raises-concerns-over-lagos-ibadan-railway-fares/

See this one ooo.. Who even appoint am as NUR chairman or na conductor sep.

How do you want them to pay back the Chinese debt and beside Nigerians misuse opportunity
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Ahmeduana(m): 6:43am On Jun 16, 2021
Luckydubby7:
Everything about Nigeria is to suffer the poor.
Imagine rail transport that supposed to be cheapest among other means of transportation.
Things in other countries that are essential, they becomes luxuries when they get to NIGERIA, imagine, in KANO KEDCO one the power distributing companies is given a resident of 10 tenants a single prepaid meter to share!
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by iampeterben(m): 6:43am On Jun 16, 2021
It will be looked unto shortly.
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by AKWATGOLD1(m): 6:49am On Jun 16, 2021
Thank you Mr. SEGUN Esan for your insight on the fares charges on Lagos-Ibadan railway.
I said it on this platform last week when it was commissioned that the fare should be affordable to all and sundry.

1 Like

Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by Sunday2021: 6:55am On Jun 16, 2021
muller101:
will you get away from here!
will You shut up? The man said the truth but daft people like you, full of venom always go against the truth.
Re: NUR Raises Concerns Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Fares by zabuur: 6:55am On Jun 16, 2021
I'm sorry but, how do you intend the maintain the railway if you make it almost free?

How do you want to pay up the debt on it?

How will you manage the passengers as well?

We need to look into all these before blaming the government on every action.

Kilode? Everyone is just criticizing negatively and blindly just to make any kind of fame

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer Loses Control, Breaks Into Compound In Lagos (photos) / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected / Five Killed As Car Rams Into Tree In Adamawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.