Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

"BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) (56274 Views)

No Bakassi Boys In Anambra State / Umahi To IGP: Remove Us From Anambra. I Don’t Know Who Smuggled Us To Awka / Bakassi Boys To Return To Fight Fulani Herdsmen- Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Newsmic: 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2021
There are growing concerns over the suspected return of a disbanded security group, ‘Bakassi Boys’ to the streets of Awka, in Anambra State on Monday.

It is not clear who is behind the group

But with the growing insecurity, the resurgence of the dreaded outfit in the southeastern region, might compound the already vexing situation.

The dreaded ‘Bakassi Boys’ vigilante group, who engaged in jungle justice in Anambra State during the time of former governor, Chinwoke Mbadinuju, allegedly resurfaced after two decades to crush cultists and other criminals.

It was gathered that the group was seen moving around the state capital in two vans, singing and warning criminals to stay away from the area

Reports stated that the boys, who came mainly from alleged “cult groups” have taken over Awka town in recent times without any response from the police or the state government.

The police in Awka, seems not to know about the activities of the group. But the Police Public Relations Officer for the state, Ikenga Tochukwu, expressed the willingness of the command to work with any stakeholder in ensuring security of lives and property in the state.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67bcjTS4xo

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Xscape1993(m): 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2021
It is well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by JOACHINpedro: 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2021
In 21st century people still dey backward like this
Very sad.
Pls say no to jungle justice,
death caused by false accusation can never be undone
tamonokare:

What is backward about Bakassi Boys ?

If they are the same people that discredit rule of law, disregard fair hearing and trial. Then they are backward.

195 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Ottyn01(m): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
grin
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
Okay
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by BodePolScience: 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2021
I think they already have ESN, which one is Bakassi Boys again...

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
I hope the bastards have modernized themselves no more red knife nonsense

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by tamonokare: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2021
JOACHINpedro:
Very sad.

If they are the same people that discredit rule of law, disregard fair hearing and trial. Then they are backward.

What is backward about Bakassi Boys ?

I doubt you are a Nigerian because if you're, you should know that our political leaders and our security outfits don't give a f**k about the law. You never hear the gospel of SARS ? Have you witnessed any election in Nigeria to see how it is done to know whether our political leaders play by our electoral laws ? Have you heard of Lekki toll gate massacre ? Can such a thing happen in a country where the rule of law is the order of the day ? Has anyone been punished for it ?

Fair hearing and trial... do you know Sambo Dasuki ? Go ask him about fair hearing and trial in Nigeria.

My brother, the justice system of Bakassi and the security they provide is better than what we have now.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by NwaNimo1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2021

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by dmbb: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
PDP thugs at it again

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Grace001: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
This ones na issakaba stunt.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Bakassi Boys of 1998 to 2002 were very bloody.... They possessed the greatest odeshi ever seen openly in Nigeria. They killed a lot of people...They were known to repel bullets with juju. Those days you come to onitsha or aba and you see littered corpses of criminals. They use jazz to sense criminals. They were also spontaneous. Example: A bank robbery might be going on, and before you know it, bakassi boys would have probably sensed it and then block all the junctions of escape for the robbers. They do carry criminals in vehicle(s) and kill them openly in junctions. During the time of the bakassi boys those days, you can leave your phone, money, laptop on the road, and still come back to pick it. I don't know if they killed up to 20,000 people in those years... Their juju was something else. They were too barbaric. Public beheading of criminals. Bakassi boys killed many maf boys in aba. Maf was a criminal group that could rob in broad day light. Bakassi boys brought crime down in the east those days. They killed the greatest criminal ever in the east. His name was Derico. Derico killed about 100 people including 25 police officers.. Bakassi finally killed him. One deadly bakassi guy those days was called ejima...He died those days... Bakassi boys conquered prophet Eddy's diabolism and killed him.

Bakassi of those days has been the strongest vigilante group that have ever emerged in the Nigeria.

In those days, if you think any group or guys are rugged enough or mad enough, just invite bakassi boys and their doubt may likely be cleared. Those days, some guys ran away from the East. Bakassi boys were very dreadful....

Those days, if you see large number of bike men coming and doing stunts, it is likely that bakassi boys are coming behind them in a bus or buses like commandos.

I998 to 2002 were the first group ever named bakassi boys. After that group, no other group has every emerged like that in Nigeria: before them and after them. Every other group may just be trying to imitate them. They were very tough.

Bakassi in this era?

Please we don't need to go back to 1998 and 2002 pattern.

We need to move forward. That era should be gone by now..

245 Likes 19 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Atikulated: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by GboyegaD(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
I don't know what to say. Watching Isakaba, I guess I have a mixed feeling about such groups.

9 Likes

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Almaigaa: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Trash.
If one herdsmen show face there, all of them go turn Ben Johnson. grin grin grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by hakeem4(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Are they back to catch nnamdi Kanu or what exactly is the purpose of their resurfacing

3 Likes

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Promiseibritam: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
I smell blood shed This I hv smelled.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by iLegendd(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
If only our lifeless president was a great leader, we wouldn't need them.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by RichDad1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
Nice one. The Zoom must burn. We have to show them who the boss is in SE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
nah issakaba boys remain now
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by CountDracula(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
I have mixed feelings about this... on one hand im happy that someone will speak to the criminals in their own language but on the other hand i know this can go wrong in so many ways, especially becos of their medieval methods of justice

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by AdaAwka1: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
JOACHINpedro:
Very sad.

You are saying this because you never jam armed robbers and cultists before

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by DonHummer(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
They are not bakassi boys, just local vigiante group contracted by a community in awka for protection against criminal activities and cultism. Their modus operandi resembles that of the real bakassi boys.

12 Likes

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by obembet(f): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
This is what I expect in South East instead of Ebubeagu and ESN

May God protect Igbo land and all omo Yoruba nationwide

6 Likes

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by mamaafrik(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
Hausa-Fulanis don dey shit for boxer,if any Fulanis do nonsense, don't let them tell the story

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by linkers: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
Buhari is a failure

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by TimmyTen(m): 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
Rebranded ungun known men.

2 Likes

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by EichMAN3: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
linkers:
Buhari is a failure
GREAT FAILURE

In fact his failure should be studied in all universities of the world

Project title: 'HOW NOT TO GOVERN A COUNTRY'

A case study of tyrant 'Muhammadu Mannequin Jibril Al Sudani Buhari'

A final year project submitted to the department of political science

In Partial Fufilment of the award of Bsc Political science

Department of Political Science

University of xxxxxxxxx,

June 2021

32 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: A New Type Of First Lady In Nigeria?-AFP / Father Mbaka Reacts As Buhari Donates N2 Million To His Church (WATCH) / Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.