Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

The Truth About South East Gas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About South East Gas (3090 Views)

Ezekwesili To Buhari: Tell Nigerians The Truth About South-East Attacks / TO STOP SOUTH EAST GAS WEALTH TRANSFER BY BUHARI – SOLUTION IS MNN ALLIANCE / Tinubu Worried About South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
1) This is a known fact since the 2000s that Nigeria is not an oil country but a gas country because of its gas abundance. Most of those gas on the inland lies in the south east geopolitical zone.

2) Nigerian government has always known this but they kept it secret until insiders started revealing the truth.

3)Nigerian government plans on the table is to exploit the south east gas to the fullest and export it to:
A) North and south west
B) other west African countries
C) Europe

4) to my fellow igbos this is going to be our biggest challenge.
A) stay in Nigeria and allow our gas to be used to develop other parts of Nigeria
B) have our own country and use our resources by ourselves with 100% control.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by EraseTheDot: 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
Yet another thread to spread falsehood.

None of the gas supply we have been using till date comes from the SE... None!

SE has the lowest gas in the country.

- erase the dot

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
EraseTheDot:

- erase the dot

I see you have run to this thread after receiving serious beatings on the other one. Nigga get a life. There is more to life than spending your day with different monikers hating on Igbos.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by portacabin: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2021
EraseTheDot:

- erase the dot
SE has 2 big gas reserves, at Oguta and Assa North. Assa North is a big gas project, that is ongoing now. For the past 50 years plus, Aba has been receiving gas from the Imo River field and others in Abia State

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by zuchyblink(m): 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
The first gas field in Nigeria was discovered in Iho dimeze in Imo state. We have coal,gas,oil and limestone lying side by side

9 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by zuchyblink(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2021
From ANOH to Abuja

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by gidgiddy: 9:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
horsepower102:
1) This is a known fact since the 2000s that Nigeria is not an oil country but a gas country because of its gas abundance. Most of those gas on the inland lies in the south east geopolitical zone.

2) Nigerian government has always known this but they kept it secret until insiders started revealing the truth.

3)Nigerian government plans on the table is to exploit the south east gas to the fullest and export it to:
A) North and south west
C) Europe

A) stay in Nigeria and allow our gas to be used to develop other parts of Nigeria

You said it. Nigeria has spent the last 50 years since the war ended, stealing the oil wealth of some people

With oil ever becoming a useless commodity by the day, their eyes have now turned to the Gas deposits in the South East

Unless the Igbo nation becomes independent, its gas wealth will be stolen too

12 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

You said it. Nigeria has spent the last 50 years since the war ended, stealing the oil wealth of some people

With oil ever becoming a useless commodity by the day, their eyes have now turned to the Gas deposits in the South East

Unless the Igbo nation becomes independent, its gas wealth will be stolen too

This gas issue is where Nigeria will meet it’s nemesis.

They are wasting billions building their AKK pipeline to siphon gas from the South East. We are just watching them. That whole money will be a waste in the end.

10 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Sammy07: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
Mtcheww.

Thank God say SW get gas.
We for no hear word

1 Like

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sammy07:
Mtcheww.

Thank God say SW get gas.
We for no hear word

Where in the south west is gas found? Please name the OPL.

Notice: This is a direct question that demands a direct answer. No need to follow up with any insults.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Rissimenky: 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
horsepower102:

This gas issue is where Nigeria will meet it’s nemesis.

They are wasting billions building their AKK pipeline to siphon gas from the South East. We are just watching them. That whole money will be a waste in the end.

You are a DUNCE and an air head.

If you stupidly secede into your landlocked dot:

A) You will be stranded with that gas, because as any energy expert will tell you, gas is useless without the requisite billions of dollars and years it takes to build the infrastructure to extract, purify, and evacuate/transport the gas to your customers at the cheapest rates in a highly competitive international market.

B) So you will DEPEND HEAVILY on Nigeria to allow you evacuate that gas, and Nigeria WILL demand steep conditions of gas sharing.

C) You also will have to find the billions of dollars to develop the gas infrastructure over 5 years minimum to export it.

So this is nowhere near as straightforward as you think.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Sammy07: 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
horsepower102:

Where in the south west is gas found? Please name the OPL.

Notice: This is a direct question that demands a direct answer. No need to follow up with any insults.

Located in Ondo state
OPL - Grifon Energy Limited

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
Rissimenky:

A) You will be stranded with that gas, because as any energy expert will tell you, gas is useless without the requisite billions of dollars and years it takes to build the infrastructure to extract, purify, and evacuate/transport the gas to your customers at the cheapest rates in a highly competitive international market.

B) So you will DEPEND HEAVILY on Nigeria to allow you evacuate that gas, and Nigeria WILL demand steep conditions of gas sharing.

C) You also will have to find the billions of dollars to develop the gas infrastructure over 5 years minimum to export it.

Nigga don’t let me expose you on this forum Rossike you this fake pan Africanist idiot. I saw how your tribalist ass mask got revealed over the years as you couldn’t continue to hide your hateful heart under the fake pan African pseudo-intellectualism. GTFOH

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sammy07:

Located in Ondo state

Ok I will do my research on them. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by AntiBMC(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2021
That is why they are trying to stop biafra from going. Thought some ideeots said the East is a dot. Stupid ball-washing unity beggars.

Abeg whatever wants to happen should happen fast...so we can leave this dead mockery of a country

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by AntiBMC(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
Rissimenky:

So this is nowhere near as straightforward as you think.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Rule 2

Plus this person has opened multiple accounts.
Rossinkup, Rossinputi and Rossinsky are his monickers as well.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sammy07:

Located in Ondo state

I did my research and they are not exploring any gas in ondo as you a said. In fact according to this news, their license was revoked this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/04/14/32-refinery-licences-expired-not-revoked-says-dpr/amp/

Also it looks like the company is owned by Ghanaians. On their website, they never mentioned exploring gas in ondo.

https://griffonghana.com/

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Sammy07: 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2021
horsepower102:

I did my research and they are not exploring any gas in ondo as you a said. In fact according to this news, their license was revoked this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/04/14/32-refinery-licences-expired-not-revoked-says-dpr/amp/

Also it looks like the company is owned by Ghanaians. On their website, they never mentioned exploring gas in ondo.

https://griffonghana.com/

I didn't say they're exploring.

Its still untapped
Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Rissimenky: 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
horsepower102:

Nigga don’t let me expose you on this forum Rossike you this fake pan Africanist idiot. I saw how your tribalist ass mask got revealed over the years as you couldn’t continue to hide your hateful heart under the fake pan African pseudo-intellectualism. GTFOH

Call your prostitute mum those racist terms. They do NOT apply to me.

Understood, you dumbass knucklehead?

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sammy07:

Its still untapped

Ok can you provide the OPL number and do you have any other source that I can reference to confirm?
Re: The Truth About South East Gas by horsepower102: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2021
Rissimenky:

Call your prostitute mum those racist terms. They do NOT apply to me.

Understood, you dumbass knucklehead?

I have seen your types throughout my life and I know how to deal with you. Just take your fakeness away from my mentions. I have no patience for that nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Eastlink(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
I think it's time Igbos sit down and decide this gas matter. Most of the gas are obtained from my community with nothing to show for years of gas extraction.

If Igbo leaders and youth groups can make this a focal point. Imo seems to be doing better by negotiating a good deal for their indigenes. But Rivers state have never gotten a good deal for us. It has been raping upon raping from day one. Only Bonny seems to be getting something favourable compared to my community where much of the gas pipelines are connected from.

If any tribe can compel the federal government to revisit the derivative sharing formula, it's only Igbos and Ijaws. We must make sure that we negotiate a favourable deal this one that the federal government is looking at connecting Nigeria gas pipelines to west-Africa and Morroco.
Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sammy07:

Its still untapped

opl is a license for oil prospecting. Once it's proven that the location in question can produce about 10,000 barrels, and the meet other government specification, an OML license is given- thats when you can rightly claim to produce oil/gas

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2021
We in south east may not have much oil reserve of commercial volume but were awash in gas Anambra alone has an upwards of proven recoverable 200trilion cubic feet of gas, IMO has over 50tcf, The figure for Abia is staggering and large.
We shall religiously and most notoriously defend it from economic scavengers.
We have oil in IMO, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Anambra to sustain local need and export what's left.
Coal is awash in our region for export and alternative power generation should we decide to export all gas for foreign currency reserve.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by owobokiri(m): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
horsepower102:

A) North and south west
C) Europe

They have siphoned all the oil resources of the East, wasting these in all sorts of frivolous lifestyles like a bunch inebriated casanovas...
Now, oil is no more envouge, and with the help of Buhari, they're desperately trying to pivot to gas so as to squander that as well!

If Igbos allow this to happen, it means we have condemned the next igbo generation to slavery! Everything humanly possible should be made to arrest this very infuriating situation! It's evil!

Imagine Buhari building pipelines to transport south east oil to Niger Republic! Building 3 power stations in the North within the route, without any single power station in the East from where the gas originates!

Folks must come up with very inventive and effective ways to arrest this evil looting of the East once and for all!

9 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Rissimenky: 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2021
nobleiyke4biafr:
We in south east may not have much oil reserve of commercial volume but were awash in gas Anambra alone has an upwards of proven recoverable 200trilion cubic feet of gas, IMO has over 50tcf, The figure for Abia is staggering and large.
We shall religiously and most notoriously defend it from economic scavengers.
We have oil in IMO, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Anambra to sustain local need and export what's left.
Coal is awash in our region for export and alternative power generation should we decide to export all gas for foreign currency reserve.

What a load of illiterate garbage.

The East produces around 2% of Nigeria's oil. Where will you find the tens of billions of dollars needed to develop gas infrastructure enough to become a world supplier, if you become a landlocked dot?

How will you evacuate the gas so it reaches your customers cheaply, failing which they won't buy?

You think natural gas is a question of saying ''hey look here, we have gas! We can start exporting it tomorrow and become like Dubai!''.

Mumu people.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Rissimenky: 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
Natural gas is WIDELY AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE, far more than oil.

There is SERIOUS competition to sell it. Tell me how Dot Republic will be able to compete with the world in gas production and sales.

Nigeria is currently collaborating with Morocco to build a 25 billion dollar gas pipeline passing various West African nations to Morocco and onward to Spain and Europe, just to make her gas prices competitive.

Where will Dot Republic start?

Does Kanu and his thugs even know what is involved in gas production and exports?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
[Your perpetual inability to reason with that brain is a strategic disadvantage. Carefully research this headline and digest this statement from the minister if petroleum and be educated quote author=Rissimenky post=102798803]

What a load of illiterate garbage.

The East produces around 2% of Nigeria's oil. Where will you find the tens of billions of dollars needed to develop gas infrastructure enough to become a world supplier, if you become a landlocked dot?

How will you evacuate the gas so it reaches your customers cheaply, failing which they won't buy?

You think natural gas is a question of saying ''hey look here, we have gas! We can start exporting it tomorrow and become like Dubai!''.

Mumu people.

[/quote]

Re: The Truth About South East Gas by Rissimenky: 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
nobleiyke4biafr:
[Your perpetual inability to reason with that brain is a strategic disadvantage. Carefully research this headline and digest this statement from the minister if petroleum and be educated quote author=Rissimenky post=102798803]

Low IQ dumbo.

Who is arguing that there is no gas in the East?

I said the East has only 2% of Nigeria's OIL deposits, and you go and post a picture of gas reserves.

Are you even aware there is a difference between crude oil and gas?

How will you know when you follow school dropouts in IPOB and thugs like Kanu?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: If Obi Loses, Then God Created Nigeria To Suffer - Amaechi / Breaking News: Impressive Tinubu Mega Walk At Onipanu.....obidents Cry!! / Massive Crowd As Atiku Abubakar Arrives Anambra For Presidential Rally(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.