Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) (46769 Views)

Pictures From The Commissioning Of Akwa Iboms New International Airport Terminal / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures) / The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Ppogbae: 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2021
rottennaija:

There is no technicality. South is South. See the map below.

I wasn't following Nigeria geopolitical terms. I meant to say that Akwa Ibom, relative to Lagos, is Eastern. Pardon the miscommunication.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Havertz10: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2021
Nigerian government and misplaced priorities
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Classickj(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ppogbae:
Best state in the East. I am glad to see that there are other states challenging Lagos. We need intranational competition between States.
Akwa ibom na south south

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by CSTRR: 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2021
I trust this to be better than that nonsense that was built in anambra.

Igbos can build quality houses in their village,but to build quality infrastructure is a problem.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by ComeToJesus: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ppogbae:
Best state in the East. I am glad to see that there are other states challenging Lagos. We need intranational competition between States.
South, not east.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

https://www.facebook.com/223506687850114/posts/1719721424895292/

This just one uncompleted building snapped from different angles which u used to flood d thread. I don't see any work going on as at d time of ur visitation.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by CSTRR: 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
Classickj:

Akwa ibom na south south
Then abia is South south too, since it shares direct land borders with Akwa ibom just like Lagos and Ogun.

We need to be educated when we post.

East is the correct geograhical term, though it is politically "south-south".

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
eldoradoxx:
The part of old Cross River State that is today Akwa Ibom is the oil rich areas. Akwa Ibom is the richest State in Nigeria today. When Bakassi Peninsula was handed over to Cameroon, the seaward boundary between Nigeria and Cameroon was affected putting additional 76 high yielding oil wells located offshore to area contiguous to Akwa Ibom. This alone made Akwa Ibom even richer than Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa in terms of oil revenue. So whatever Governors like Wike, Emmanuel Udom and even Sanwolu are doing in terms of infrastructure should not be used to judge other states, these Governors govern super rich states. Delta and Bayelsa ought to be in the same categories as Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Rivers, but their political class are super stupid.

So with all these riches which u say has made akwa ibom d richest state in Nigeria, how has d standard of living of d people been impacted?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
CSTRR:

Then abia is South south too, since it shares direct land borders with Akwa ibom just like Lagos and Ogun.

Is it because abia shares border with ajwa ibom that makes it south south?
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 7:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
Classickj:
Akwa ibom na south south
oga we be south east o atleast we do geograhy. c.r.s ma sef na pure eastern state.
All in all aro'abasi ayaya Will shall get there mbong abasi Long live udom Long live a.k.s Long live eket & essein udim God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by iampeterben(m): 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2021
Architect cashing out big time

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Tonim(f): 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lovely wink

Thanks for the blue print.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by sulaak(m): 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2021
MyExpression:
Indeed, Akwa ibom government is building great economic infrastructure in the state.
From roads, to industries, great security architecture and now, international standard airport.

Please, whoever has a link to their recruitment team or portal, should kindly link me up. I would like to be part of this success story.

I am a graduate of Transport Management and Logistics, with over 4yrs working experience in transport and logistics; in different capacities, including managerial role.
I am currently working with a road transport company in Akwa ibom.

They still need to complete the Ibom deepsea port,

Investigate why Aluminium Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON) is not operating since the Rusal take over. Akwa Ibom seems like the only state that might compete with Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by neyyoh: 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2021
Great news even better no Chinese or whitey in the picture.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
sulaak:

They still need to complete the Ibom deepsea port,

Investigate why Aluminium Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON) is not operating since the Rusal take over. Akwa Ibom seems like the only state that might compete with Lagos.
power supply is the issue. once it's resolved ALSCON will be back

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Jorge91: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

https://www.facebook.com/223506687850114/posts/1719721424895292/
Nice, the fleets of Ibom air lining up in this airport will be top notch. Lagos patiently waiting for other states to deliver before world class structure will be put up.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by lereinter(m): 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2021
UPDATE ON GOV EMMANUEL'S NEW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TERMINAL BUILDING

This is funny
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by tempusfugit: 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2021
I thought am the only one that notice the airport na upgraded poultry farm!!
Almaigaa:

True.
Willie Obiano built a Poultry Farm replica and called it Airport grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by lapazi(m): 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2021
sigiyaya112:
I am happy that i didnt see any white engineer in that construction site.

Look again
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by tempusfugit: 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2021
I think most people in south south don't accept it because they want to separate themselves from igbos, they dislike to be called south east
CSTRR:

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by GeneralPula: 7:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ppogbae:

But Akwa Ibom is in SS..

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by GeneralPula: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ppogbae:

I wasn't following Nigeria geopolitical terms. I meant to say that Akwa Ibom, relative to Lagos, is Eastern. Pardon the miscommunication.

You need to follow Nigeria geopolitical terms here..
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 16, 2021
MyExpression:
Indeed, Akwa ibom government is building great economic infrastructure in the state.
From roads, to industries, great security architecture and now, international standard airport.

Please, whoever has a link to their recruitment team or portal, should kindly link me up. I would like to be part of this success story.

I am a graduate of Transport Management and Logistics, with over 4yrs working experience in transport and logistics; in different capacities, including managerial role.
I am currently working with a road transport company in Akwa ibom.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by stasius: 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2021
Solsix:
Good, ibom air deserve to be on international route. But what wille built for us is a poultry farm . Only God knows how much was spent to built that

How much does your state get as monthly allocation?
How much does akwaibom get

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by Jack005(m): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2021
Online Aks is on fire but the last time I traveled to that state,everywhere was just dried... AKs people just full batcher for port Harcourt, some are bricklayers and gate men..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by tempusfugit: 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2021
Nonsense way of thinking , the state nor get money to bliud good airport, why starting it in the first place? Why wasting the little money to bliud that upgraded poultry farm!!! The mainland brigde that Lagos want to construct, the governor is marketing worldwide in search of investors!!!
stasius:

How much does your state get as monthly allocation?
How much does akwaibom get

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by xaggar(m): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
libson001:
Which east I think you're from UAR and is that the spelling of international?

Intranational not international.

Learn a new word today. Use your dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by CSTRR: 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
tempusfugit:
I think most people in south south don't accept it because they want to separate themselves from igbos, they dislike to be called south east
You can dislike something,it doesn't mean you will start arguing that it is not true like we see here often.

I don't like being a Nigerian,but it would be stupid of me to start arguing unnecessarily when people call me a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by CSTRR: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2021
lexy2014:

Is it because abia shares border with ajwa ibom that makes it south south?
Well, most times when south south is talked about, it is mostly in geographical terms.

Well, abia is as much south south as akwaibom.

And akwaibom is as much eastern as abia.
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ppogbae:

Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2021
tempusfugit:

Why should those in SS accept to be joined to igbos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) / TECNO Beautifies Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (Photos) / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.