Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) (81965 Views)

BUA Cement Lists 33.86 Billion Shares On NSE, Now Third Largest Listed Company / Nigeria Has The World's Third-largest Bitcoin Holdings / World's 5th Largest Diamond Found In Lesotho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by kay29000(m): 12:16am On Jun 20, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
A continent with so much mineral resources yet so little development to show for it.

Japan and so many western countries do not even have one tenth of what many African countries are endowed with yet they are a Millon miles ahead in terms of development.

Is Africa cursed

It's so sad to think about.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by kay29000(m): 12:17am On Jun 20, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Africa is blessed , Africa leaders are cursed

Are African leaders not Africans too...or are they imported from elsewhere?

2 Likes

Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by JoeCool3150(m): 12:36am On Jun 20, 2021
oz4real83:
I am already at work at this time of the day unlike u who may still be on the bed or looking for an innocent person to hack his bank account. Idiotic. Shit.
Ahmed0336, I dont think you will recover from this in a hurry. Oz4real was just being sarcastic but you refused to think b4 replying him. Now, see what you've done to yourself. Sorry...Just chill and let it go. Next time you'll be smarter.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by JoeCool3150(m): 12:38am On Jun 20, 2021
Ahmed0336:

Daydreaming sh*t
Better go hustle.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by ibedun: 1:02am On Jun 20, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Africa is blessed , Africa leaders are cursed

African people nko? What are they?
Keep shouting leaders leaders leaders !!
Our value system and our illiteracy is the problem. We are not “world educated” and racially aware!

1 Like

Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by ibedun: 1:03am On Jun 20, 2021
kay29000:

Are African leaders not Africans too...or are they imported from elsewhere?

Thank you for this statement.

1 Like

Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by BigBashiru: 1:33am On Jun 20, 2021
Ykc2:
portrait
of christ painted by Leonardo da vinci was sold 450 million dollars what is so special in that painting ?if you no know

Christ is not a caucasian. He is middle eastern....
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by pacespot(m): 1:35am On Jun 20, 2021
Anywhere they find a shade of heaven this big there are still some small pieces lying around. A diamond this big can't be alone.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:37am On Jun 20, 2021
UnknownT:
Natural resources don't make a nation rich, Human resources do. That's the problem with us in Africa.

Few people know this!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by sylve11: 1:58am On Jun 20, 2021
Tookool:
I saw something like this yesterday while my workers were digging trenches for foundation...I’ll go examine it again, it might just be my way out of this suffering

will just be jejely waiting for your findingds. cool
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Ikpongiton: 2:34am On Jun 20, 2021
oz4real83:
I am already at work at this time of the day unlike u who may still be on the bed or looking for an innocent person to hack his bank account. Idiotic. Shit.
what type of work are you doing now,if you are not a hacker or an armed robber?iam just asking oo.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Rossiminku: 3:09am On Jun 20, 2021
TheGiftedOne:
A continent with so much mineral resources yet so little development to show for it.

Japan and so many western countries do not even have one tenth of what many African countries are endowed with yet they are a Millon miles ahead in terms of development.

Is Africa cursed

It is cursed with thoughtless people like you who don't understand how international commerce operates.

FYI, in today's world, nobody develops solely or even mostly through the export of raw materials. Not even diamonds.

Unless you are a tiny gulf state with huge oil reserves like Kuwait or UAE, you pretty much need to be into heavy manufacturing, to build a developed society today.

The income from raw materials export is NOT ENOUGH to develop.

The bottlenecks on African manufacturing, ie processing those raw materials into finished goods for export at higher prices than the raw materials, are the monstrous tariffs imposed by western, Asian and other nations on imports of African manufactured products.

This makes the African manufactured goods uncompetitive, discouraging manufacturing on the continent.

The USA has in recent years, implemented AGOA, to ease this discrimination against African manufactures, but they are only 20% of the world economy. The entire world needs to lift restrictions on the imports of African manufactured goods, to create a level playing field.

THAT is when Africa can finally take its rightful place in the comity of nations.

In the meantime, Africa will continue to improve on INTRA-African trade, and increasing the buying power of its citizenry, so as to eventually become self-sufficient in the production and sale of its manufactured products within the continent.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Jilingori: 3:43am On Jun 20, 2021
Problem go soon dey Botswana now as the white go came day find way to loot the resources
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by wirinet(m): 4:22am On Jun 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

It is cursed with thoughtless people like you who don't understand how international commerce operates.

FYI, in today's world, nobody develops solely or even mostly through the export of raw materials. Not even diamonds.

Unless you are a tiny gulf state with huge oil reserves like Kuwait or UAE, you pretty much need to be into heavy manufacturing, to build a developed society today.

The bottlenecks on African manufacturing, ie processing those raw materials into finished goods for export at higher prices than the raw materials, are the monstrous tariffs imposed by western, Asian and other nations on imports of African manufactured products.

This makes the African manufactured goods uncompetitive, discouraging manufacturing on the continent.

The USA has in recent years, implemented AGOA, to ease this discrimination against African manufactures, but they are only 20% of the world economy. The entire world needs to lift restrictions on the imports of African manufactured goods, to create a level playing field.

THAT is when Africa can finally take its rightful place in the comity of nations.

In the meantime, Africa will continue to improve on INTRA-African trade, and increasing the buying power of its citizenry, so as to eventually become self-sufficient in the production and sale of its manufactured products within the continent.

That's the most logical way to go. Africa has a large enough market, we don't really need to export to the rest of the world. With our over 1 billion population we can even meet half of the African market.

The problem of Africa in terms of production of manufactured goods are poor infrastructure, poor public health facilities, poor and useless educational policy, poor communication due to language barrier and most important of all undue influence by former colonial powers who profit from creating instability.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Chummynoni(m): 4:23am On Jun 20, 2021
oz4real83:
wetin naa??.. this guy don offend you bfore?. Why u wan kill am because of small thing wey he talk?cheesycheesy
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by samwillyco1(m): 5:27am On Jun 20, 2021
See solid MONEY
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by HRMK: 5:57am On Jun 20, 2021
3106CARAT DIAMOND? THE WORLD'S BIGGEST? WHAT IS THE VALUE IN DOLLARS PLS?
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by 9jakool: 6:08am On Jun 20, 2021
TheGiftedOne:

Is Africa cursed

This is from Botswana. Botswana is actually an shiny example of an African country that transformed itself economically with its resources. No shock that it's also the least corrupt country in Africa. The government said the proceeds from this diamond is going to development of the country.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2021
detectivejones:

Nigeria is cursed and you live in Nigeria making you a cursed person No?

Hey as I'm typing this, I'm right here in Norway man! [left][/left]
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by vikstandon(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2021
One day I will excavate this from my farm!!

2 Likes

Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

GUY SHUT UP!!!

DEM FINISH YOU FOR THIS THREAD

STOP FOOLING YOURSELF

Na your fathered be guy.

Stop using different Monica to quote and get the fu*k of my mentions shediotttt dats if you are a she.male
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 7:56am On Jun 20, 2021
JoeCool3150:

Ahmed0336, I dont think you will recover from this in a hurry. Oz4real was just being sarcastic but you refused to think b4 replying him. Now, see what you've done to yourself. Sorry...Just chill and let it go. Next time you'll be smarter.

Recover from what? Bro, online bullying don't get to me.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by eugenefelis(m): 8:17am On Jun 20, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

which nature are you talking about? Na desert dey Europe? Oga when it comes to Nature sef, Africa no reach oyibo. if you sef don travel before you go know.

bro u no sabi say all this animal study movies na for africa dem de film am
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Glamouzpeter(f): 8:39am On Jun 20, 2021
TheGiftedOne:

Is Africa cursed

Thats because the fight for their own development and not for their pockets and families.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Collinsanele: 9:06am On Jun 20, 2021
oz4real83:

No better reply than this!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by gozzlin: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2021
bluefilm:
It's just a fucking_ piece of rock and nothing else

But Humans will always continue valuing nonsense over useful things.

Nonsense.

Alaye, that rock you see there lasts forever. Ever heard the saying 'diamonds are forever'?

Also if you studied chemistry in secondary school you should know that diamond is the hardest substance in existence. Harder that iron and steel. So it's worth the price biko.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Hawkler: 10:07am On Jun 20, 2021
wonderr:
na the thing go kill u now
where u for sell am?
Hmmm! Maybe he thought is used zinc littering around, you don't know the force that bind germ stone beneath the core of the earth something seeing this precious take extra ordinary quary.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by linusmels(m): 10:16am On Jun 20, 2021
Scribie Transcription account for sale. Going for 7k. If interested, send a dm on the number attached to my profile. Thanks
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

YOU ARE A VERY STUPID HEAD SLAMMING FOOL!!!

BORORO GOAT

STINKING FUTAJALON MONKEY

E pain am grin
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by detectivejones: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2021
NwaIgboBoy:

Hey as I'm typing this, I'm right here in Norway man! [left][/left]

Hi, I've travelled the world at least, right now I've been in Venice for awhile now, and I have never for once had such demeaning thoughts about my country
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by TheGiftedOne(m): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

Why would you start your intelligent explanation with insulting me? You just fall your hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Roasts Corns In Dubai For A Living (Photo) / Full List Of Elon Musk’s Wives, Girlfriends And Children (Photos) / 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.