Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,117 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

"Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song (35471 Views)

Cossy Ojiakor Replies Follower Who Criticized Her For Exposing Her Boobs / Mercy Aigbe Slams 'Nosy' Fan Who Criticized Her Skin Colour / Funke Adesiyan Slams Lady Who Criticized Her Over Her Cleavage-Baring Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Sunsets: 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
And she is so beautiful. Why is she hiding herselff inside these ugly costumes?
onthehill:
"Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Alabi Criticized Her Song (Video)

Yinka Alaseyori, the gospel singer whose song was criticized by Tope Alabi, has finally reacted days after she was criticized, IgbereTV reports.

Yinka Alaseyori called God "Oniduro mi" in her song, meaning my guarantor.

But popular gospel singer, Tope Alabi objected to this, claiming that the Holy Spirit does not approve of such name.

While ministering at a vigil in the early hours of Saturday, June 12, Tope Alabi said that when she tried to sing the song, the Holy Spirit told her not to. She added that God is not a guarantor.

In response to the criticism, Yinka said Tope Alabi is a mother to her and others. She then asked people to centre God in their worship.

"Let Jesus take the wheel," she said.

She added: "Mummy Tope Alabi is our mother. She is a mother to me and so many and by virtue, we have been blessed by her ministry.

"Please and please, let us worship God, let us celebrate God, let Jesus be at the centre of it all."

See her video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZVf1QXTwg

https://igberetvnews.com/1393164/tope-alabi-mother-yinka-alaseyori-says-tope-alabi-criticized-song-video/
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by pusskhole(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Na this over pampering wey una dey give elders, dey make some of them dey misbehave..
You will tell us when the Holy spirit said he does not approve or when God appointed you as the "Minister of Approval" for earthly affairs.
Best comment I’ve seen today so far.

1 Like

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by helicopterman(m): 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
The two of them dey craze.... How that one help Nigeria matter now?
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Olaolex: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Btruth:
OP, "Oniduro" in this case is an Advocate & not a guarantor as you interpret.

Jesus is our Advocate.

smiley
And moreso he is our defender, solisitor etc...
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Olarewaju89: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
pongwa:
The song sef was not originally hers. May God allow us reap the fruit of our labors. She needs to pay royalty to the actual owner of the song

You know gist bro.
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Fyngal1(f): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
drakeli:
But God cannot be any of that. Whether advocate or guarantor. To which higher authority is God a guarantor or advocate on her behalf? That’s is insulting to God. Maybe she need to have more understanding of English next time

The song says: thank you my guarantor/advocate. So, she could possibly have been referring to Jesus. Though, some songs in our indigenous languages often refer to God and Jesus as one.

To the case in point, Tope Alabi didn't criticize the song based on reference to God or Jesus. She simply said: Jesus didn't come to stand for us (guarantee), he came to die for us. Whereas the Bible says that by his death, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better convenant for us.

6 Likes

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Tory101: 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
Olaolex:
And moreso he is our defender, solisitor etc...

God is our everything

Husband to the widows
Father to the fatherless and so on.

Envy can kill
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Tundex911: 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
So she's also your God too abi na semi god

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Meanwhile Alaseyori is not d originator of the song

7 Likes

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Lamasta(m): 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Some criticism are a stepping s5one to a greater height
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Olibboy: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Shellsploit:
Amazing response!
No more food for bloggers grin

Ndi uchi..
grin
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by lakefist(m): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
CaroLyner:
Good response.
I think some people were just waiting for an opportunity to insult Tope alabi

Exactly
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by lakefist(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
900warriorz:
You are looking for an Omoluabi?

There she is kiss

Meanwhile, haters waiting to tear Tope Alabi apart will accept the news like

grin grin grin
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by lakefist(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
Fyngal1:

The song says: thank you my guarantor/advocate. So, she could possibly have been referring to Jesus. Though, some songs in our indigenous languages often refer to God and Jesus as one.

To the case in point, Tope Alabi didn't criticize the song based on reference to God or Jesus. She simply said: Jesus didn't come to stand for us (guarantee), he came to die for us. Whereas the Bible says that by his death, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better convenant for us.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by drololaaof: 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
Tope Alabi want to disgrace or tear herself apart, if the Holy Spirit minister to her she shouldn't be too arrogant about it . Who is there or witnessed Holy spirit ministering to you . May the spirit of Ajanaku is still on course.

1 Like

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Segzy19: 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
That's how it should be...

Let Jesus be at the center of it all..

Case closed
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Advancedman(m): 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2021
CaroLyner:
Good response.

If the holy spirit said don't sing to tope and said sing to Alaseyori what right has tope to criticize the song if she respect the office of the holy spirit?
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by michigang: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
obembet:
Another finishing
come and collect big casava
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
And to say that song was originally composed and sang by Mama Adelegan.
Yinka is being made popular by someone else song. That's Grace.

1 Like

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by stevenosa(m): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
onthehill:
"Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Alabi Criticized Her Song (Video)

Yinka Alaseyori, the gospel singer whose song was criticized by Tope Alabi, has finally reacted days after she was criticized, IgbereTV reports.

Yinka Alaseyori called God "Oniduro mi" in her song, meaning my guarantor.

But popular gospel singer, Tope Alabi objected to this, claiming that the Holy Spirit does not approve of such name.

While ministering at a vigil in the early hours of Saturday, June 12, Tope Alabi said that when she tried to sing the song, the Holy Spirit told her not to. She added that God is not a guarantor.

In response to the criticism, Yinka said Tope Alabi is a mother to her and others. She then asked people to centre God in their worship.

"Let Jesus take the wheel," she said.

She added: "Mummy Tope Alabi is our mother. She is a mother to me and so many and by virtue, we have been blessed by her ministry.

"Please and please, let us worship God, let us celebrate God, let Jesus be at the centre of it all."
See her video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZVf1QXTwg

https://igberetvnews.com/1393164/tope-alabi-mother-yinka-alaseyori-says-tope-alabi-criticized-song-video/

Many of us don't really read our scriptures and when we do, we tend not to understand what we read. GUARANTOR & SURETY are same word. Let me quote the scripture: "By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament."
Hebrews 7:22 KJV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Fiscus105(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
ObaKlaz:
I find it amusing how the holy spirit never revealed to her that Ajanaku was occultic and stopped her from name-dropping Ajanaku in her songs.

Tope is just a singer who's very good at what she does, that's all.

She has no spiritual stature over anyone!

Many of them including so-called Pentecostal big pastors, when God gives them little grace, they assume that God can only use them and any other vessle is a counterfeit.

They quickly forgot Elijah action in the bible.

1 Like

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Fiscus105(m): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
stevenosa:

Many of us don't really read our scriptures and when we do, we tend not to understand what we read. GUARANTOR & SURETY are same word. Let me quote the scripture: "By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament."
Hebrews 7:22 KJV

Urs is kjv and for NIV ......for his oath Jesus has become our i]guarantor[/i] for better covenant
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Fiscus105(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Urs is kjv and for NIV ......for his oath Jesus has become our "guarantor" ror better covenant
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by ObaKlaz: 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Fiscus105:

Many of them in including so called Pentecostal big pastors, when God gives them little grace, they assume that God can only use them and any other vessle is a counterfeit.

They quickly forgot Elijah action in the bible.
Exactly!

Just a little measure of grace and they'd start feeling/acting like they have more access to God, like they know the mind of God more, like they can speak the mind of God better than anyone else around them!
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Narnah(f): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
drakeli:
But God cannot be any of that. Whether advocate or guarantor. To which higher authority is God a guarantor or advocate on her behalf? That’s is insulting to God. Maybe she need to have more understanding of English next time

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John 2:1 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1jn.2.1.KJV

2 Likes

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
CaroLyner:
Good response.

"Tope Alabi", "Carolyner". You need to move to the capital of wherever you are. E get why.
Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by Btruth: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
drakeli:
Well, Jesus as God in the son, or son of God is our Advocate. He came to pay the highest price one could think of on the cross for our sins. For me, He is my advocate.

1 Like

Re: "Tope Alabi Is Our Mother" - Yinka Alaseyori Says After Tope Criticized Her Song by clothingonline(m): 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
Am a fan of Tope Alabi her music lift my soul in dark time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adorable New Photos Of Patoranking & His Mini-me In Bed / Iheoma Nnadi Exposes Lady Who Begs Her Money For Insulting Ighalo's Wife / 5 Celebrity Marriages That Have Scaled Through Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.