Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:47 PM

10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes (26930 Views)

List Of Agric Ponzi Schemes / FG Develops Three Retirement Schemes For Federal Civil Servants (names) / 10 Ways To Look Busy In The Office: The Gospel Of Lazy Bones. A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
Financialslot1:

Source: https://financialslot.com/ways-to-recognize-ponzi-schemes/

. Na wah woooooh ! Over Eight Thousand but na 3000 figure dey for your Bracket (3000) grin grin grin

Oyaaaaaah ! Go back and Correct that error now cool

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by xavuv: 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
The trick is to get on it as early as possible, and get out as fast as your first payout.
Dont be greedy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by ThierryJay: 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
Are all pyramid schemes ponzi schemes? Schemes backed by products such as Forever living, Trevo, GNLD etc are all pyramid schemes. Do they also qualify as Ponzi cos they are still around after all these years.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
Beancounter93:

Most of the Nigerians who invest in Ponzis are not hungry...because anyone who had N1million to put in MMM is not a hungry person.Greed is more like it.

Plus Nigerians have and do not do research. Me, I refused to go near MMM...because I have been hearing about Mavrodi for over 10 years before he landed in Nigeria...and it was NOTHING GOOD AT ALL.
The greed is the fuel to their hunger because they want drive that and live that large life that they imagine is very possible
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Racksterli Killed people. That Boy BlackGold really received people.
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Petyprince: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Free education for you!

Cc
theAccountant
Acidosis
Nyxx123
kings11ng
Dottune
Omobola121
joey150
spiceeamiee
joyce777
Bridget001
MummyIMadeIt
Smartphelz
DrAkpa
copyrites
SonOfUbunja

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by K4daniel: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
Greedy foes will still not learn...just wait for another 1 year many will spring up again and sink with a lot of peoples hard-earned money.
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by daniwise(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Thanks OP.MMM been show me pepper that year grin. A friend almost almost ran mad simply because he had invested so much,the day he was to cash out na him kasala burst.Then twinklers came along d line too come do me GBAS GBOS GBAS...he Don tey wey man dey Hussle abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Dagenius53: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
The number 7 got my attention. One of my banks staff can me now to come pick my card, ge was sounding like it a must I have card. Definitely they are unable to remove any money from my account because I don't have the card. The account is just there and the money there is just smiling at them. Now they want me to get the card by force. Stupid bank.

Guess the bank...

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Dalivingrin: 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
People still dey fall for this thing ��
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by MaaziIgbokwe(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE EVEN WORST THAN SOME PONZI SCHEME, ALWAYS ON A MISSION TO SUCK A MAN'S BANK ACCOUNT DRY

NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE USELESS....ALL OF THEM

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Fiscus105(m): 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
As CBN once said which I'm 100% key in to.

Any investment that give you 100% guarantee of more than 30% profit margin, watch out and take extra caution

Any investment of 50% and above of profit margin, there is bhigh tendency of fraudulent activities and high risk for someone to go into

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Beancounter93:
What scared me off ponzis was watching what happened in one former east european nation that, on abandoning communism in the 90's welcomed free enterprise....leading to an influx of fraudsters.....who used ponzis to drain people of their money. The resultant crisis led to war.

That was in Albania...

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by skales67(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Good one! A very good example is AIM Global
After hoodwinking me into coming to their foolish seminar/workshop and showing us fake videos of people who "marketed and sold their products" earning N70m per month and buying latest cars like Mercedes Benz and BMWs, they now told us to make a quick investment of N35,000 to start.

I stood up, dusted my nyash and told them to wait lemme get the money.

One of the stupid presenters insisted he must follow me to get the money.

The kind of "if I slap you" look I have him just told them that they were talking to someone who did not fall for their scam!

Another one chopping people now is InksNation and Bishop Sam Zuga of Zugacoin

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Majesty33(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
Although is a game of chance as some are lucky to join new Ponzi scheme on arrival and after making few change, they take off thereby leaving other later investors to run at loss. So the circle continues defrauding ignorant citizens.
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
Sanchez01:
Insightful! That number 5 is a major red flag. I recall MMM of yesteryears and how some attained the position of "Guiders" (whatever it means). It was a Guider who convinced me to join only for the scheme to crash the moment my money went in. grin

Unfortunately, Ponzi schemes will always thrive despite these signs because people are greedy and want to make so much by doing so little.

Ghw, Loom, and so many others. Now they have started hacking into social media accounts to scam others.
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by snofunk472(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2021
Is crypto a ponzi scheme?
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Giyeww: 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
Oh Oh
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by FBIBOT(m): 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
okomile:
grin grin

U got it ooooo
grin

The thing dey always vex me.... I just hate referral work give me product to sell and i will gladly do it bt telling people to invest so I can earn... I will never do it

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by hardbody: 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
Financialslot1:

Thank you for this training. Time to create my own Ponzi scheme, now that I have learnt the rudiments. Make Nigerians wait for me.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by TrendingWealth: 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
A great write up BUT people will always be greedy for easy money and so they will always fall prey to Ponzi schemes
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Gamesmart: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
MaaziIgbokwe:
NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE EVEN WORST THAN SOME PONZI SCHEME, ALWAYS ON A MISSION TO SUCK A MAN'S BANK ACCOUNT DRY

NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE USELESS....ALL OF THEM

I can see you speak for, and refer to, your mother, sisters and females in your wider family only.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Downey(f): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
This adverts are always on 94. 5 FM .every morning everyday. l believed that Radio station was compromised.
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Credobee(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2021
Greed
Greed is a necessary ingredient for Ponzi schemes to succeed.
Sadly most people have this ingredient in abundance.
Hence the proliferation of Ponzi schemes

Financialslot1:

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Restructure9ja(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
Business Agreement

This is a business agreement between
Ogu Lambert ( Management of Agro Westaf): 07042020423, Suit 31 Garki shopping plaza, Garki 11, Abuja.
And
Name (Investor): phone number, address
Next of kin:

The agreement is as follows;
1. XYZ has invested the sum of xyz naira with Ogu Lambert for the purchase and sales of Agro commodity products.
2. The agreed ROI on monthly basis is 11%
3. ROI will be paid between 28th - 30th of each month.
4. The investment tenure is three (3) months
5. The investor can withdraw his/her capital investment after three (3) months, given two weeks notice before withdrawal.
6. Start date of investment: **/**/****.

7. For the security of investors fund. Any information required by the investor as regarding the management (Ogu Lambert) including private shall be provided.

NOTE: We will sign an undertaking with the DSS/NPF for Investor's investment security.

8. Investors shall disburse funds immediately after agreement have been signed.

Ogu Lambert.
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by FuckHomophobes: 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
I did cryptocurency Ponzi... Bank of Tron, forsage Tron and the rest. Well I profited in some and lost in others
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by jeff1607(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
How about omegapro, how genuine is this
Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Any other scams, do share with a comment. God bless you all.

These are their lines

1. For serious minded people only

2. Invest with us, scammers keep off. (they are the scammers)

3. I need just five persons, if you are not ready don't message me.

4. Others are earning, what are you doing.

5. They use terms like "we, our, us, my service" e.t.c.

6. First three people to send N5,000 gets extra N2,500. Limited.

7. They upload fake screenshots and tag it, one of our successful customer.

8. Join our VIP group (join at your risk)

9. Those that invest with us please send me proof, I want to show these doubting people

10. Payment first, we guarantee sure...

11. If you are not interested please go, Nigerians can't take risks.

12. Everything is scam, have you try me (and they are the scammers)

13. Matured minds only.

Their homes are:

WhatsApp TV (9/10)

Telegram channels (8.5/10)

Facebook (group and DM) (6/10)

VIP groups and DM (WhatsApp) (8/10)

DM to email (professional scammers) (5/10)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes by occam(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
ThierryJay:
Are all pyramid schemes ponzi schemes? Schemes backed by products such as Forever living, Trevo, GNLD etc are all pyramid schemes. Do they also qualify as Ponzi cos they are still around after all these years.

Ponzi scheme or pyramid are brothers. Their cousin is MLM (multi level marketing). If you have to attend a seminar to get the gist of the investment or introduced to the product; just run away. And if it takes more than 3 mins to understand the business model; it’s definitely a pyramid

Nigeria is a fertile ground for Ponzis/pyramids. I bet couple are running as we speak. People won’t listen because too many Nigerians believe they are smart. They don’t ask questions or think asking questions means you’re a dullard.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Have Learnt As A Woman In Real Estate / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / 1st Female Mechanic Sandra Aguebor Begins After School Program To Teach Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.