Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Is It A Sin - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin (19123 Views)

Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
ObaKlaz:
Not just what he owned, but what he cheated off others.
Luke 19:8...
"...and if I have cheated anybody of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."

There you have it. Clear enough for ya?
Wait a second.... you claimed Jesus Christ's endorsement of Zaccheus's acts and I specifically asked you to show where Jesus Christ did this....not the acts of Zaccheus. undecided
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ endorsed Zaccheus' giving away of only some, and not all, of what He owned? undecided
where is this endorsement you spoke of? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
almarthins:

Is like you didn't really study the evolution of sin. How can a simple disobedience evolve into many sins.

You r using the wisdom of the serpent to nullify the gravity of masturbation.
1. Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment. That is simply what sin is. And that which constitutes sin is not arbitrarily defined for us. It is as defined in God's Law and God's Law is absolute with no man having authority to add to or remove components from His Law. undecided

2. Nullify the gravity of masturbation? Well, we have to look at what God's Law said of this to know, right? So what did Jesus Christ,God's Law for us, say of masturbation? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Adakintroy: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok, then you shouldn't have a problem providing Bible reference for this revelation which you claim was given you by Jesus Christ then, right?

Do you know who or what Jesus "is", mean" or represent?.

By conceptualization Christ is the best a human can be or attain. I am religious..but I will not go there with you. It's a dead end. Rather I will walk my way back with you rationally.

So by conceptualization Christ is the best a human can be. Name me one decent human that praise the service of weed or achohol.
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Is It A Sin by Worldwise(m): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
On a good day I will just wake pass... your contribution is good...mine is how is a woman trouser a sin?

Who told you trouser is for male? Moreover, if I can agree with you, if you says, if a female is wearing a male trouser is a sin.. I can be a bit concur...

Boss, there is no where it was defined trouser is for male.. they are just defined based on our culture and environment.

There is a female trouser there is a male trouser as there is a male shirt, there is also a female shirt.

MrPRevailer:
Ehh??

Yes it is a sin to sell gadgets that encourage sexual immorality or pleasure, makeup, attachments, weavon, skimpy cloths, "women trousers", alcoholic drinks, cigarettes.
Romans 1:32, 2 Timothy 3:4

If it's genuinely a health product. It may not be sin. You'll should still pray and ask God to lead you

https://t. me/covid19vaccinefatalies
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
Adakintroy:

Do you know who or what Jesus "is", mean" or represent?.

By conceptualization Christ is the best a human can be or attain. I am religious..but I will not go there with you. It's a dead end. Rather I will walk my way back with you rationally.

So by conceptualization Christ is the best a human can be. Name me one decent human that praise the service of weed or achohol.
God is a God of Laws/Covenants - Noahic Covenant, Abrahamic Covenant, Mosaic Covenant(Old Covenant Law of Moses) etc. undecided

Jesus Christ is one of God's many Laws. He is the embodiment of God's New Covenant/agreement promised by God through His prophets, from even the time of Abraham, with which to save Israel and to bless the nations of the world with. undecided

The teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ define for us what sin is in the Kingdom of God and is Law we are meant to live by. So, if Jesus Christ declares it sin, then it is indeed sin. If not, then it's not. undecided

So where did Jesus Christ teach that alcohol and weed are sins? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by lookingfly: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other (tithe) undone.
the other being reffered to here is not tithe but the omission of the weigtier things as stated above. Secondly, this portion doesn't give an affirmation that Jesus gave tithe because he only used it to teach about the hypocrisy of the pharasees and scribes. Untill you open a portion that stated Jesus and he's disciples paid tithe, you are only making a contribution. And if you say you're bent on paying tithes, read this portion Deuteronomy 14:22-27 cos that's the right way to pay tithe. Malachi 3:10 is scolding the Levites priest who refused to pay tithes to the high priest(Aaron) after collecting from the people.
Re: Is It A Sin by ObaKlaz: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Sure...by their fruit you shall know them... and the same Jesus Christ went on to teach you that those who love Him , are His, are those who submit and obey His commandments, giving you the biggest clue as to what the fruits He spoke of refer to - obedience(good) & disobedience(bad) of the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ. undecided

So , what bad fruits have I dropped so far to warrant your accusing me of heresy? undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ indeed state that what is sin is masturbation? Can you please provide bible reference for this? undecided
That man/moniker saw through you easilly and called you exactly what you are - an heretic!.

Your stand is that smoking, buying/selling of intimacy gadgets and gadgets etc isn't sin because Jesus didn't explicitly say so??! Wow!!!

I may not be the 'best Christian' around but what you have is just head knowledge devoid of the very life of Christ.

Mangling and twisting scriptures into utter perversion.

Mtcheeew!
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

Yes, Jesus is the new covenant but he still didn't disown the commandments(written) of God through the prophets.

See the following verses:

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

story of the young rich man and Jesus
the verse before and the verses of the young rich man were said by Jesus. It proves that even after believing in Christ, there is a lifestyle we must have to show the truth lies in us and we are upholders of the law.
1 John 2:4 also says "Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

Now let us read God's commandment and also see where all those laws Jesus told the young rich man was first written:

Exodus 20:2-17
You can now see that Jesus is in alignment with the word of God and his commandments.
This is why I said you should read the book of Romans carefully to have a better understanding of what believing in Jesus truly means but you said there is no need to read it since you have already read Jesus's gospel and believe. Why pick a particular gospel and throw away the rest? And surprisingly, you still make strong reference to the bible when trying to prove your point? Why being picky With the bible?

God first wrote his commandment on a stone and handed over to moses. and he also inspired his messengers through the Holy spirit to do the same. These scriptures have been compiled in the bible but yet you choose to be picky with them.

Jesus also endorsed the words(written) from the prophets before him by saying he came to fulfill the word of the prophets, and he also endorsed the diciples after by commanding us to go into the word and preach the gospel. This gospel we have learnt from the bible and preach with the bible.

Why are you picky?
1. God is a God of Laws/Covenants - Noahic Covenant, Abrahamic Covenant, Mosaic Covenant(Old Covenant Law of Moses) etc.

2. Now, God's Laws are also absolute in the sense that when you adopt one, you let go of every other Law in order to do that. For instance, the Old Covenant contains a law that you are not to add or remove commandments or from it. So any attempts to practice both the Old and the New Covenants Covenants same time is a sin.

In similar manner, the New Covenant declares that you are not to add or remove to or from the Law, even by way of teachings and doctrines of men, as that is sin against God. undecided

3. Jesus Christ is one of God's many Laws. He is the embodiment of God's New Covenant/agreement promised by God through His prophets, from even the time of Abraham, with which to save Israel and to bless the nations of the world with. undecided

The teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ define for us what sin is in the Kingdom of God and is Law we are meant to live by. So, if Jesus Christ declares it sin, then it is indeed sin. If not, then it's not. undecided

However, the Mosaic Covenant, the Old Covenant Law of Moses,is instead a Law given by God only to those who are descendants of Jacob for living in the land of Canaan. So those of gentile descent are excluded from practicing that Covenant, from the very beginning, by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 -20. undecided

So it isn't the case that I am picky but instead that I understand the different Laws God has in place and the contract to which God has called me to living by. undecided

Now your question about Jesus Christ living in fulfillment of the Old Covenant is a valid one but there is so much to that that delving here will only derail this conversation, so let's leave that Interesting topic for another thread please. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by ObaKlaz: 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second.... you claimed Jesus Christ's endorsement of Zaccheus's acts and I specifically asked you to show where Jesus Christ did this....not the acts of Zaccheus. undecided
where is this endorsement you spoke of? undecided
Oga, Jesus' declaration of salvation into the house of Zachaeus in the next verse is an obvious approval of Zachaeus' act of restitution.

Or, lemme use your own logic back on you: show me explicitly in black and white where/how Jesus disapproved of . Zachaeus' act of restitution.

If you can't, then you're just talking, not communicating.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
ObaKlaz:
That man/moniker saw through you easilly and called you exactly what you are - an heretic!.

Your stand is that smoking, buying/selling of intimacy gadgets and gadgets etc isn't sin because Jesus didn't explicitly say so??! Wow!!!

I may not be the 'best Christian' around but what you have is just head knowledge devoid of the very life of Christ.

Mangling and twisting scriptures into utter perversion.

Mtcheeew!
Is the heretic the one who is able to provide scriptural contextual backing for his stance or the one who rambles on without providing any such? undecided

You calmed that Jesus Christ endorsed Zaccheus's act and I have asked several times now for you to provide bible reference for the claim you have made, yet several posts later, still nothing from you. But you are so sure I am a heretic in this? undecided

Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20, Jesus Christ more than makes it clear that nothing you eat or ingest can cause you to sin, defile you or make you unclean in God's eyes. But here you pretend instead that Jesus Christ was just being foolish,possibly heretical by His statements there since you declare by your own rule that cigarettes are sin. undecided

You are not called to be the best Christian but instead to submit to and obey the standards set By Jesus Christ Himself. If you cannot even do that, what's the point of your claim to Christianity? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Adakintroy: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God is a God of Laws/Covenants - Noahic Covenant, Abrahamic Covenant, Mosaic Covenant(Old Covenant Law of Moses) etc. undecided

Jesus Christ is one of God's many Laws. He is the embodiment of God's New Covenant/agreement promised by God through His prophets, from even the time of Abraham, with which to save Israel and to bless the nations of the world with. undecided

So where did Jesus Christ teach that alcohol and weed are sins? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by jeff1607(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Just surprised no one is talking about restitution before he starts the business after being born again
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
ObaKlaz:
Oga, Jesus' declaration of salvation into the house of Zachaeus in the next verse is an obvious approval of Zachaeus' act of restitution.

Or, lemme use your own logic back on you: show me explicitly in black and white where/how Jesus disapproved of . Zachaeus' act of restitution.

If you can't, then you're just talking, not communicating.
1. Matthew 10 vs 37 - 39 - Jesus Christ teaches that anyone who lose(everything) their life will be saved ... undecided

2. Luke 13 vs 44 - 46- Jesus Christ teaches through parable that only those sell it al(give it all ) will inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

3. Matthew 19 vs 16 - 24 - Jesus Christ makes it clear that those who will become His followers are those who will give it all away instead.

4. Matthew 19 vs 25 - 30- we learn that even His own disciples were asked by Jesus Christ to make the same sacrifice in order to become His followers.

See how easy that is to post the referenceswithout all the fuzz you have made so far?

As for what Jesus Christ said in the next verse, Check Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20 to see that the Salvation He spoke of is defined there.
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. God is a God of Laws/Covenants - Noahic Covenant, Abrahamic Covenant, Mosaic Covenant(Old Covenant Law of Moses) etc.

2. Now, God's Laws are also absolute in the sense that when you adopt one, you let go of every other Law in order to do that. For instance, the Old Covenant contains a law that you are not to add or remove commandments or from it. So any attempts to practice both the Old and the New Covenants Covenants same time is a sin.

In similar manner, the New Covenant declares that you are not to add or remove to or from the Law, even by way of teachings and doctrines of men, as that is sin against God. undecided

3. Jesus Christ is one of God's many Laws. He is the embodiment of God's New Covenant/agreement promised by God through His prophets, from even the time of Abraham, with which to save Israel and to bless the nations of the world with. undecided

However, the Mosaic Covenant, the Old Covenant Law of Moses,is instead a Law given by God only to those who are descendants of Jacob for living in the land of Canaan. So those of gentile descent are excluded from practicing that Covenant, from the very beginning, by God Himself - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 -20. undecided

So it isn't the case that I am picky but instead that I understand the different Laws God has in place and the contract to which God has called me to living by. undecided

Now your question about Jesus Christ living in fulfillment of the Old Covenant is a valid one but there is so much to that that delving here will only derail this conversation, so let's leave that Interesting topic for another thread please. undecided

You derailed the conversation when you said you do not believe the bible is God's word, but yet you make references to it in defence of your views.

All I can deduce from our conversation is that you are one that choose to believe what sits well with you in the bible. You believe the Gospel of Mat, Deu is legit but you do not believe the gospel of Romans is, and when I ask why, you said you don't believe the bible is the word of God and highlighted the "book of apocrypha".
But take a look, all through this thread you are making reference to the same bible to defend your views.

I think you just want to believe what you choose to believe from the bible.

Please read the Bible COMPLETELY. Whoever typed Mat, Deu also typed Romans and the rest.
Re: Is It A Sin by Jonebby(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
Funny!!!!
Nutritionist needed for urgent employment @ Ogba Ikeja Axis
whatsapp-08068183762
Re: Is It A Sin by Ferdinandu(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
lordmayor2013:
A free thinker asked: "Why is sin hereditary and salvation is not"?

For those quoting me, this is for you
Deuteronomy 5:9
" I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers’ sin to the third and fourth generations"
Ezekiel 18:1-24 KJV
The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying, What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge? As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel. Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right, and hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman, and hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment; he that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man, hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD. If he beget a son that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doeth the like to any one of these things, and that doeth not any of those duties, but even hath eaten upon the mountains, and defiled his neighbour's wife, hath oppressed the poor and needy, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lifted up his eyes to the idols, hath
Re: Is It A Sin by chaloskyx: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
LOL ITS NOT A SIN ALL NAA BUSINESS PASTORS SELL ANOINTING OIL, HOLY WATER AND HANDKERCHIEF TO HELP PEOPLE WITH THEIR SPIRITUAL PROBLEMS YOU SELL INTIMACY GADGETS TO HELP PEOPLE WITH THEIR SEXUAL PROBLEMS OR DESIRES SO THEY ARE BOTH DONE TO EARN A LIVING AND SOLVE PROBLEMS DONT LET NO SILLY PASTOR DECIEVE YOU
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

You derailed the conversation when you said you do not believe the bible is God's word, but yet you make references to it in defence of your views.

All I can deduce from our conversation is that you are one that choose to believe what sits well with you in the bible. You believe the Gospel of Mat, Deu is legit but you do not believe the gospel of Romans is, and when I ask why, you said you don't believe the bible is the word of God and highlighted the "book of apocrypha".
But take a look, all through this thread you are making reference to the same bible to defend your views.

I think you just want to believe what you choose to believe from the bible.

Please read the Bible COMPLETELY. Whoever typed Mat, Deu also typed Romans and the rest.
1. My not subscribing to the same ideas you have of the book called the Bible in no way derailed my thoughts as far as this conversation. If I have to make reference to that which I learned from reading history books, I will too. undecided

2. Stop trying to deduce me and my thoughts in this. Rather, focus on the arguing whatever point you are trying to make in this entire conversation and maybe by that you get even closer to learning how to approach the Word of God than thinking Bible first. undecided

3. That book you call your Holy book contains the words of demons, witches, Satan evil men, as well as the Word of God Himself. That you are able to convince yourself that all that is Holy is you and only you. Nowhere is it written by God Almighty that the book is holy and nowhere does God tell you that even the words of Satan as written in that book are His Words, so I think you need instead wake up to the fact that your belief in the holiness of the book is a personal choice you made against all the evidence. undecided

4. Another thing! When Jesus Christ declared that those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments, He meant the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - and not the Old Covenant Law of Moses defined in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by aidameoryou: 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
almarthins:

No let the devil decieve you. So his purpose is to sell dido, cocumber, silicon dick?
Adam and Eve go just dey weep for this generation. Make I no even mention Jesus.

THERE COMES ANOTHER CONFUSED FELLOW.
HIS PURPOSE ISNT TO SELL Love Machine, HIS PURPOSE IS TO DO AND EXCEL, AND EQUALLY BE SUCCESSFUL IN WHATEVER GOOD HE HAS CHOSEN TO EMBARK ON, TO ENJOY HIS LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND TO RESPECT AND REVERE GOD IN HIS LIFE.

AND COMING TO YOUR ASSERTION ABOUT Love Machine AND SILICON DICK, WHAT OTHER PURPOSE OF SEX ASIDES MAKING BABIES IF NOT FOR PLEASURE?
IF GOD DID NOT WANT ME TO GET THAT PLEASURE, HE WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ME A DICK OR A VAGINA, AND THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NOTHING LIKE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE, BUT IT WAS GIVEN TO ME TO EXPLORE SO LONG AS I DO NOT INFRINGE ON OTHERS HAPPINESS.

OKAY LET US REMOVE THE PLEASURE FROM SEX, AND WILL YOU STILL PERFORM SEX

A BLOCKHEADED CONFUSED AFRICAN MAN LIKE YOURSELF CANNOT REASON LOGICALLY, OR EVEN THINK LIKE A REASONABLE HUMAN BEING, OTHER THAN SHOUTING GOD THIS AND GOD THAT EVERYWHERE, BUT STILL YET IS THE SAME JUST LIKE EVERYONE OF US, BUT CLAIMING TO BE DIFFERENT.

SO WITH ALL THESE YOUR DEVIL DECEIVING YOU AND DEVIL NOT DECEIVING YOU, I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK,
IF THE TRUMPET BLOWS NOW (that is if there is any) WILL YOU BE FLYING TO THE HEAVENS
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
jeff1607:
Just surprised no one is talking about restitution before he starts the business after being born again
God said he ought to give everything he owns away, you are talking of only giving some away. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 6:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. My not subscribing to the same ideas you have of the book called the Bible in no way derailed my thoughts as far as this conversation. If I have to make reference to that which I learned from reading history books, I will too. undecided

2. Stop trying to deduce me and my thoughts in this. Rather, focus on the arguing whatever point you are trying to make in this entire conversation and maybe by that you get even closer to learning how to approach the Word of God than thinking Bible first. undecided

3. That book you call your Holy book contains the words of demons, witches, Satan evil men, as well as the Word of God Himself. That you are able to convince yourself that all that is Holy is you and only you. Nowhere is it written by God Almighty that the book is holy and nowhere does God tell you that even the words of Satan as written in that book are His Words, so I think you need instead wake up to the fact that your belief in the holiness of the book is a personal choice you made against all the evidence. undecided

4. Another thing! When Jesus Christ declared that those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments, He meant the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John - and not the Old Covenant Law of Moses defined in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. undecided
You are picky with words from the same book that you said you do not believe is God's word.

Apostle Paul wrote the books of the Romans. This is a man that Jesus appeared to and converted personally from Saul to Paul. Jesus also commanded him to preach the Gospel and took him to many nations(endorsement). This same Apostle broke down what it meant to be declared righteous through faith in Jesus Christ in the book of Romans. I told you to read it and you blatantly said you do not need to read it.

Jesus endorsed his deciples, filled them with the Holy spirit and sent them preach, and
Commanded them to preach the goapel. He even said to them in Matthew 10:14: “And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.”

You also claim the bible is not the compilation of God's word but yet you still make reference to it in your defence.

I ask you again:
1. what book are you reading and how did you get to have knowledge about Christ?

2. Why are you still making reference to the bible in defence of your views but still say the bible is not God's word and you don't believe it is(this one confuses me the most)

3. Why choose to believe in certain chapters/verses and do away with some chapters from same people endorsed by Christ.

4. Whatever book you are, who compiled it and why do you think it hasn't been manipulated?
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

You are picky with words from the same book that you said you do not believe is God's word.

Apostle Paul wrote the books of the Romans. This is a man that Jesus appeared to and converted personally from Saul to Paul. Jesus also commanded him to preach the Gospel and took him to many nations(endorsement). This same Apostle broke down what it meant to be declared righteous through faith in Jesus Christ in the book of Romans. I told you to read it and you blatantly said you do not need to read it.

Jesus endorsed his deciples, filled them with the Holy spirit and sent them preach, and even said to them in Matthew 10:14: “And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.”

You also claim the bible is not the compilation of God's word but yet you still make reference to it in your defence.

I ask you again:
1. what book are you reading and how did you get to have knowledge about Christ?

2. Why are you still making reference to the bible in defence of your views but still say the bible is not God's word and you don't believe it is(this one confuses me the most)

3. Why choose to believe in certain chapters/verses and do away with some chapters from same people endorsed by Christ.

4. Whatever book you are, who compiled it and why do you think it hasn't been manipulated?
Here's a simple question for you.

If God's Law, Jesus Christ, says that the answer to a question X is always equal to A, and Paul instead said Q, is the answer A or Q? undecided
Is X == A ?
Or is X == Q ?
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Here's a simple question for you.

If Jesus Christ said A, and Paul instead said Q, is the answer A or Q? undecided
Lol now I know you are just saying from your views. Paul was in alignment with Christ. You just have a wrong understanding.

Have a nice day and please read your bible.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

Lol now I know you are just saying from your views. Paul was in alignment with Christ. You just have a wrong understanding.

Have a nice day and please read your bible.
You dont have a clue as far as my understanding
remember or by views, so you don't have a clue of me yet. undecided
So Again... Here's a simple question for you.
If God's Law, Jesus Christ, says that the answer to a question X is always equal to A, and Paul instead said Q, and we know A is not equal to Q, so is the answer A or Q? undecided
Is X == A ?
Or is X == Q ?

Jesus Christ said to use the understanding you and only when you do will more be given to you. So use the understanding you have here. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Offpoint1: 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
aidameoryou:
TYPICAL AFRICAN MAN MENTALITY.
WHEN WILL OUR AFRICAN BRAINS OPEN AND WE KNOW THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU LIFE, AND GOD STILL LETS YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.
WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO SEPARATE OUR BUSINESS WITH ALL THESE RELIGION BROUHAHA, THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE HUMANS AND NOT GOD.
SO LONG AS YOU ARE DOING A BUSINESS OR MOVE THAT DOESNT HURT ANYONE, AND THAT DOESNT PUT ANYONE IN A BAD SPOT, WHO DO YOU OWE ANY EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ENTANGLEMENT OVER IT TO

SERIOUSLY OUR AFRICAN MINDS HAVE BEEN SO MUCH THWARTED AND CONFUSED TO THE EXTENT THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY LIVING IN DELUSION, RATHER THAN LIVING THIS LIFE AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE, AND AS THE CREATOR OF THIS UNIVERSE HAS MADE IT TO BE.

OUR AFRICA IS THE MOST RELIGIOUS, THE MOST PRAYING, BUT STILL YET THE MOST BACKWARD AND THE MOST DESTITUTE, WE WILL PRAY FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT TO OUR GOD TO GIVE US VISA TO ARRIVE IN A NON-GODLY COUNTRY, AND EVEN WE WILL WORK UNDER A NON RELIGIOUS PERSON OVER THERE, AND STILL CALL IT GOD'S BLESSINGS.

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL PREFER TO PRAY ALL NIGHT OF 12HRS, RATHER THAN LEARNING A 1HR COURSE THAT WILL BETTER HIS LIFE.
WHEN WILL WE GT OVER THIS BONDAGE OF RELIGION?

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL RATHER SHOUT AMEN, AND I RECEIVE TILL ETERNITY RATHER THAN HAVING A QUIET TIME OF SOLACE TO REFLECT AND INNOVATE/IMPACT MEANINGFULLY ON HIS LIFE.

OUR PASTORS WILL TELL US OF HOW OUR POLITICIANS ARE BLESSED WHILST SOME OF THESE OUR POLITICIANS RENDERING PEOPLE HOPELESS IN ALL AREA OF THE COUNTRY.

AND AT THE END OF THE DAY, MOST OF OUR PRAYER POINTS ARE BASED ON PROSPERITY AND SUCCESSFULNESS, AND BREAKTHROUGH AND WEALTH, AND KILLING EVERY OBSTACLES IN OUR WAY, WHILE THE PURPOSE OF OUR RELIGION AND SUPPOSED RELATION WITH GOD SHOULD BE ETERNITY AT LAST

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL PRAY AND FAST FROM NOW TILL NEXT TOMORROW TO TRAVEL TO CHINA (A NON RELIGIOUS COUNTRY) TO GET WORK, AND WILL KILL ANYONE IN THE WAY OF THAT WITHOUT EVEN THINKING TWICE, AND WILL STILL CALL IT GOD'S PLAN AND PURPOSE.

THE GREATEST BREAKTHROUGH IN LIFE IS FINDING YOUR PURPOSE ON THIS EARTH, AND FULFILLING YOUR GREATEST POTENTIAL.... AND NOT PRAYING 24HRS A DAY.

Quit typing in capital letters, that shit is annoying.
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 6:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Is It A Sin by jeff1607(m): 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God said he ought to give everything he owns away, you are talking of only giving some away. undecided

Where did I say give some? Restitution can’t be done in part or half.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

This is you right now:

26. However, Jehovah’s angel spoke to Philip, saying: “Get up and go to the south to the road that runs down from Jerusalem to Gazʹa.” (This is a desert road.)

27. With that he got up and went, and look! an E·thi·oʹpi·an eunuch, a man who had authority under Can·daʹce, queen of the E·thi·oʹpi·ans, and who was in charge of all her treasure. He had gone to Jerusalem to worship,

28. and he was returning and was sitting in his chariot, reading aloud the prophet Isaiah.

29. So the spirit said to Philip: “Go over and approach this chariot.” 30 Philip ran alongside and heard him reading aloud Isaiah the prophet, and he said: “Do you actually know what you are reading?”

31 He said: “Really, how could I ever do so unless someone guided me?” So he urged Philip to get on and sit down with him.

34. The eunuch then said to Philip: “I beg you, about whom does the prophet say this? About himself or about some other man?”

35 Philip began to speak, and starting with this scripture, he declared to him the good news about Jesus.

The Ethiopian eunuch is you right now. But in your case, you have already decided and believe that it is not possible for God to use human to preach Jesus Christ.

I have offered to have a personal study with you and I still wish you accept my offering. You can come with whatever area you want us to discuss about.
i am afraid your response makes absolutely no sense to me considering what I asked.... how much simpler can I make this for you.. undecided
So Again... .

God's Law, Jesus Christ, declares that the answer to question X is always equal to A, but Paul says instead that Q is the answer to X, and we know A is not equal to Q. undecided

So is what do you believe and trust as the answer to question X and tell us why? undecided

Hope this is easier in getting a direct answer from you now
Re: Is It A Sin by IgweOfNnewi: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
lookingfly:
the other being reffered to here is not tithe but the omission of the weigtier things as stated above. Secondly, this portion doesn't give an affirmation that Jesus gave tithe because he only used it to teach about the hypocrisy of the pharasees and scribes. Untill you open a portion that stated Jesus and he's disciples paid tithe, you are only making a contribution. And if you say you're bent on paying tithes, read this portion Deuteronomy 14:22-27 cos that's the right way to pay tithe. Malachi 3:10 is scolding the Levites priest who refused to pay tithes to the high priest(Aaron) after collecting from the people.
There is no ambiguity or hiding meaning in this scripture just that you are ready to twist the passage to suit your ego, weightier used in that scripture is a comparative between tithe, good judgement and mercy, Jesus Christ is saying good judgement and mercy should be done and very important and tithe shouldn't be undone, that is why it is singlar not plural

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
jeff1607:
Where did I say give some? Restitution can’t be done in part or half.
Restitution implies you give only that which you owe or have taken. But God instead commands that you give away everything you own to the poor. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
bestabigaelever:
BTW, when are you getting that 9inches for your babe

She practices celibacy till wedding night wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... / Kingdom Of Darkness Using Valentine’s Day To Destroy Souls – Mummy GO Warns / Unbox Your Special Christmas Gift So Far And Post Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.