Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? (1740 Views)

I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Should I Divorce My Wife? / Should I divorce my wife for this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
I was on the bed, half asleep and half awake, lying and muttering some few Psalms I learnt from my younger days as a Sunday school student... when the phone rang.

I picked on the second ring whilst wondering who was calling my line at that ungodly time of the night. He was full of tears and for a moment, he didn't speak. I patiently listened as he sobbed on.

"Thank you for saving me from my desires," He said when he finally found his voice amidst intermittent sobs.

That was when I suddenly recalled that this number had called earlier in the day, seeking an audience, while I was junketing around this great city of Lagos, attending to legal business.

Hello, I said, but he could not say a word. I quietly listened as he was sobbing again. I could connect with his grief and heartbreak, even though I couldn't decipher what will make a grown-up man break down at this time of the night.

I was lost in deep thoughts when suddenly, he broke the ice. " I am tired he said" ...I do not think I can continue with a woman who has decided to weaponize sex and only agrees to have sex with me when I give her money or agree to her material demands.

Sir, the last time we had sex was 4 years ago, and that was after the birth of our second child. We've had series of quarrels. At some point, both families had to intervene, but nothing has changed. Rather, it is getting worse daily.

She will not even let me touch her. Do you know this woman slapped me the last time I touched her ass while she was cooking in the kitchen? To make matters worse, she has packed out of our matrimonial bed and has moved into the kid's room to avoid me touching her. Am I supposed to touch myself?

Each time I visit her in the kid's room, she will either raise her voice or talk to me in a harsh and unruly manner until the kids at awake. Sir, I am tired...I have had it up to here... I am do not think I can continue with this marriage. I want out.

A sexless marriage was not what I signed up for. She knew very well that I was a sex addict, and she was a nymphomaniac when we were dating and during the early days of our marriage. What could have gone wrong?

I have examined myself and there is nothing wrong with me. I have woken her up in the middle of the night to have a heart to heart discussion on what could be wrong with our sex life, but she said nothing.

Sir, I work 2 jobs. I also own a business on the side to ensure we are comfortable as a family. What else does she want from me? He asked amidst sobs.

Sir, What do I do? I am still young and good looking. I hate the fact that I have resorted to drinking and staying out late at night, just to avoid her and her wahala.

Besides, there is a female business friend of mine that is seriously seducing me, and I won't tell you lies, I am falling in love with her. She is very supportive and likes to brainstorm business ideas.

She is free to talk with, unlike my wife that sees negativity in everything, including brilliant business ideas. This is getting me hooked on her, but I can't cheat on my wife. Sir, young girls are seriously tempting me everywhere I go like MTN, but I simply can't cheat on her.

I almost cheated on her some moments ago, and right now, I feel guilty and dirty. Can I end my marriage on the grounds of denial and weaponization of sex?

This is one area we often do not like to talk about, permit me to say that this is one of the most delicate aspects that could cause married couples that once shared a happy and faithful home to drift apart.

The resultant effect is often loneliness, anger problems and unhealthy communication in an average Godly home. And for others, they simply throw caution to the wind and seek ways to satisfy their sexual desires outside the bonds of marriage.

Does denial of conjugal right ( sex) a ground for divorce?

What is the position of the law? We will examine this soon.
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Op is good to be in separate relationship than to be under same roof and not having sex with your partner. In bible we all know that it was citied that never will a woman deny his husband her body.

Its a straight way judgement, hence our Libido is active then I herby pronounce this marriage dissolved.

All parties involve should go their separate ways, if any property in both name should be divided if not to your tenth o'isreal.

relax and think of the next partner and look at age, background, history, recent and past relationship life style and again throw your weight on a woman that will honor and respect you.

God give us signs but we don't see it.

Check the meaning of Asunder. BTW OP is neither bot nor human!

Amotolongbo:
What God has joined together, let no man put asunder
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by OlayemiAshraf(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
. family matter ... Let's wait for the to come and solve it

Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
angry
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Amotolongbo(f): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Fulaniherdmens:
Op is good to be in separate relationship than to be under same roof and not having sex with your partner. In bible we all know that it was citied that never will a woman deny his husband her body.

Its a straight way judgement, hence our Libido is active then I herby pronounce this marriage dissolved.

All parties involve should go their separate ways, if any property in both name should be divided if not to your tenth o'isreal.

relax and think of the next partner and look at age, background, history, recent and past relationship life style and again throw your weight on a woman that will honor and respect you.

God give us signs but we don't see it.
What God has joined together, let no man put asunder

1 Like

Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
For now it's proper the man stop taking care of any financial obligations in the family. Once this happens it is the woman that will call for a dialogue

2 Likes

Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Klass99(f): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2021
smiley
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Queenserah26(f): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
Let me take position and learn from the married ones smiley
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
Klass99:
The Litigator with his drama filled clients cheesy

I will not blame this man if he decides to cheat or have a steady side chic, while staying married for the sake of his kids or for the sake of preventing a broken home.

I have read on this forum that, the reality of most Naija marriages is like the scenario I described above - a married female Nlander said so, not me o!

She said, Naija couples do not divorce over "just anything" most stay in the marriage for different reasons, while they find ways to make themselves happy.

What advice did you give him? @ Litigator

Imaginary clients you mean?
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by efficiencie(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Wife has been satisfied by spirit husband already...so she needs to be paid to have sex with her husband. This is why I say it. If you end up marrying a hoe, take her for deliverance...all hoes are wives of demons and that is why their legs hardly ever gets closed except it is their husband that is involved...their shop is always open for business!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Mystery9(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Maybe the man married a demon in human flesh. That is humanoid. See... I know what I am talking about.
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mystery9:
Maybe the man married a demon in human flesh. That is humanoid. See... I know what I am talking about.

How do you mean? Kindly explain
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by MummyIMadeIt: 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
Marriage i learnt deals with compromise....

I wonder what the compromise will be in such situation
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by criuze(m): 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
For now it's proper the man stop taking care of any financial obligations in the family. Once this happens it is the woman that will call for a dialogue

No, can't stand your family no matter what , sex for a bad excuse
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Quirekoon: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2021
Sex is the cornerstone of every marriage
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by baralatie(m): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
Quirekoon:
Sex is the cornerstone of every marriage
Naaaah
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by baralatie(m): 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Klass99:
The Litigator with his drama filled clients cheesy

I will not blame this man if he decides to cheat or have a steady side chic, while staying married for the sake of his kids or for the sake of preventing a broken home.

I have read on this forum that, the reality of most Naija marriages is like the scenario I described above - a married female Nlander said so, not me o!

She said, Naija couples do not divorce over "just anything" most stay in the marriage for different reasons, while they find ways to make themselves happy.

What advice did you give him? @ Litigator
He opened it earlier didn't get traction.now he has reposted again
Meaning it is an imaginary event
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by baralatie(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
efficiencie:
Wife has been satisfied by spirit husband already...so she needs to be paid to have sex with her husband. This is why I say it. If you end up marrying a hoe, take her for deliverance...all hoes are wives of demons and that is why their legs hardly ever gets closed except it is their husband that is involved...their shop is always open for business!
And you think a virgin will not starve her husband of sex?
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
baralatie:

He opened it earlier didn't get traction. now he has reposted again
Meaning it is an imaginary event

Of course! This is an imaginary event.

Our stories are often lifted from real-life court events or law reports for legal educational purposes only. Even if it is a real-life event, facts and details have been carefully concealed to avoid running foul of professional ethics as lawyers. We handle our clients with the utmost professional care and diligence. We will never break client/attorney privilege.
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Mystery9(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
litigator:

How do you mean? Kindly explain
Hello sir. Do you love God, are you born again, do you perceive that you have a great destiny? Incase you are. Your wife purposely denying you sex is not ordinary at all. It maybe a trap from her to push you into adultery that is if she is a human agent of darkness or a demonic humanoid. And on that ground you can be attack by the kingdom of darkness, on the ground of the terrible sin committed. If the wife is not a conscious agent of darkness or a humanoid. Then she is under demonic influence of spiritual husband. Sir all you need to know what is really happening is prayers. Pray sir, and look for other praying brethen to pray for your situation. And with time the reality of what is going on will be unveiled.
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Mystery9(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2021
efficiencie:
True sir, I pray he understand this.
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Richy4(m): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
This story looks/ sounds Chinese to me..... especially the sobbing part...how can be sob when he was already acknowledging greenlight from a nice female Business Friend....But if the story is true, He should tell his roommate wife that he is no longer interested in rooming...
Re: Can I Divorce My Wife Because She Has Denied Me Sex For 3 Years? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mystery9:

Hello sir. Do you love God, are you born again, do you perceive that you have a great destiny? Incase you are. Your wife purposely denying you sex is not ordinary at all. It maybe a trap from her to push you into adultery that is if she is a human agent of darkness or a demonic humanoid. And on that ground you can be attack by the kingdom of darkness, on the ground of the terrible sin committed. If the wife is not a conscious agent of darkness or a humanoid. Then she is under demonic influence of spiritual husband. Sir all you need to know what is really happening is prayers. Pray sir, and look for other praying brethen to pray for your situation. And with time the reality of what is going on will be unveiled.

I like your explanation. It's purely from a religious perspective. But let me ask, what if she is naturally asexual?

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Father My Child? / Let The Truth Be Told / Broken Of You Wife Sim After Marriage, Share Your Taught On It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.