Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

The Guide To Successfully Landing Your First Job - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Guide To Successfully Landing Your First Job (115 Views)

OAU Gives Adebayo Mosobalaje Indicted For Sexual Misconduct Soft Landing / "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator / JAMB 2018: How To Successfully Score Very High In Jamb(300+) CBT Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Guide To Successfully Landing Your First Job by Dottune(m): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
So earlier this year I had a rude shock or came to the realization, that even though there are limited jobs in the country, most job applicants or graduates (most especially) are not fit enough for the job positions and where they are qualified, they go about it the wrong way.

There are many job vacancies that you'll see published repeatedly by companies without getting filled, why is this? They haven't found the right the candidate(s).

Most people send their CVs to apply for multiple job positions without even getting called for an interview, trust me it isn't because they've given the job to an insider or you need connection (sometimes you do), but you're simply not the candidate they're looking for. You finished with a 1st class, 2nd class upper but the company seems to prefer a 2nd class lower or 3rd class applicant who seems to show more promise than you. They have the needed skills, experience even but what you have is a better grade and nothing else to offer. Except it is an annual recruitment for Graduate or Management Trainees by banks or large corporate organizations (we all know this is limited and extremely competitive) where better grades are preferred, they'll continue to edge over you.

Trust me, a Recruiter's job is one of the hardest in this country, because they have to look through tons of job applications and when they find that you're not fit enough they simply bin your CV without giving it a second thought.

Enough with the talk, I am sure you get the drift. If you've been struggling to get your first job or even a better job, I'll be talking about practical principles that you can apply to help you in your job search and get you that job you desire.

This is mostly targeted at graduates and final year students but if you're dissatisfied with your current job and you've been finding it hard to get a new job, trust me what we will be discussing will help you.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Threatens Fresh Strike Over Unpaid Wages / Leaked: Kaduna Varsity Asks Students, Parents To Sign Undertaking Not To Protest / Best Work Boots For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.