Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics (14172 Views)

Serena Williams Out Of Wimbledon After Retiring Injured In First Round / Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics / Serena Williams Defeats Naomi Osaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by HonNL: 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
Four-time grandslam Champion, Japan's Naomi Osaka will not play at Wimbledon this year but is planning to return in time for the Tokyo Olympics.

The four-time Grand Slam champion will spend time with friends and family having also withdrawn from the French Open in May.

At the time, Osaka, 23, said she would be taking a break from tennis after experiencing depression and anxiety.

The world number two says she is "excited to play in front of her home fans" in Tokyo.

Osaka was fined $15,000 (£10,570) for not taking part in a news conference following her first round match at Roland Garros.

Grand Slam organisers said she could face expulsion from the tournament should she refuse to take part in media duties.

But the player withdrew from the tournament the following day, saying she needed to "protect her mental health".

"When the time is right I really want to work with the Tour to discuss ways we can make things better for the players, press and fans," she added at the time.

Wimbledon's chief executive Sally Bolton had earlier revealed the All England Club (AELTC) had been in contact with Osaka's team and was actively looking at ways to improve its media operations.

"We have started a consultation," she told BBC Radio 4's Today Programme.

"Of course, that consultation needs to include not just the players, but the media and all of those engaged in that space."

Wimbledon tournament director Jamie Baker said on Wednesday that he had told Osaka's entourage that the phone lines were always open to discuss any issues that might arise.

BBC Sport

5 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Amotolongbo(f): 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
The fan you have in me is standing by you and cooling you off the anxiety dear.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Some have food but refuse to eat.

You may need this:
https://www.nairaland.com/6599455/redmi-note-8-pro-6gb

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by candidbabe(f): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Folly

4 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Felabrity: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Too much money cheesy

I wish my Naomi the best

5 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by slawormiir: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Why all of them dey pull out na

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Benitoh: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
Amen
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Lincoln275(m): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Sabadon(m): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Why pulling out

2 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by NwaNimo1(m): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by bouncin04(m): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
I think she's missing her dickccine sorry vaccine grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Drsnives(m): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
End time

Ohhh my baby dea drivi me crazy
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Hillarie(m): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Fine, talented woman
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Oyin2212(m): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ok na
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by nextBIGthing: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Na pull out Dey reign like this

Me sef I still pull out while banging my hot chic

1 Like

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by babyfaceafrica: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Good one.. You first
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Drsnives(m): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Amotolongbo:
The fan you have in me is standing by you and cooling you off the anxiety dear.

Alow her rest na, you won kill her??
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by mrkings84(m): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
She will soon be a forgotten name in world tennis

Let her keep pulling out!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by tradepunter: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
She should GTFO, there are many up coming stars aiming for top spot.

She's beginning to act foolish

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Havertz(m): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
Not again my favorite tennis player

2 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Ceenachi: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
Her mental health is far more important than the wishes of her sponsors, even though she might have to take a year off. She is not some sort of tennis machine which you feed with money, and its great that she has the courage of her convictions.

6 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Lancer47(m): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
Probably preparing to make her country proud
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by Havertz(m): 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2021
Why

1 Like

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by MeghaneMorgane(f): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Take care of your mental space

1 Like

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ceenachi:
Her mental health is far more important than the wishes of her sponsors, even though she might have to take a year off. She is not some sort of tennis machine which you feed with money, and its great that she has the courage of her convictions.
hmm
Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by baysan(m): 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Age still on her side

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by ninocia18(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
I hope this lady isn't on drugs

6 Likes

Re: Again, Naomi Osaka Pulls Out Of Wimbledon But Will Return For The Olympics by money121(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar / Nigeria's D'tigers Defeats China 74-64 In Stankovic Cup / Daniel Sturridge And Alberto Moreno Set To Leave Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.