Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,876 members, 7,798,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Female Bosses - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Bosses (17101 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Bosses by Bugatie(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2021
Blackfire:
Especially igbo and yoruba lady boss

How tribe enter this talk now

8 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Sunnyjoseph44: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2021
Female bosses are to arrogant most especially those one at private organization

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bosses by Coolgent(m): 10:48am On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:
I just want to know if I am the only one to notice it, some female bosses are usually overtly arrogant, abusive and overbearing and most times they bring their family problems to work and can't deal with the stress that comes with working.

This is not a misogynistic post just an observation from me. Do you guys also experience this.
Currently running PGD one of my lectures a Female told me... "Just because u are from the same state with my husband ain't gonna have a soft spot for u o grin

3 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2021
Re: Female Bosses by Focusmind: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2021
Just find a way of "ass licking" them. My first boss when I joined the banking sector was a woman. I would praise her to high heaven. Sometimes she came with food from home and while eating it, I would be like, " Madam, this food smells nice and your husband must be enjoying". She would laugh and always found ways of trying to tell me things so that I would give her the kind of answers she would want.

I would praise her and her kids to high heavens to the extent that I had to come to her house to coach her son that was preparing for Federal government college entrance exam then. She was so impressed that I was favored among the staff under her. She was mean to the core and was dreaded by all, but I found favor with her. Sometimes, she sent me to her house with driver to pick up something and I practically warmed myself to her. It was a game I played very well since I could not change or select my boss. She was the one doing appraisal and a lot of things are taken into consideration. If you have been into corporate world, you would understand.

There was time she did 10 years marriage anniversary and invited everybody, including staff. I was practically serving food, doing every chore. When people left that Sunday evening, I went to the back of the house and started washing plates and coolers with her Nanny. She came to the back of the house to drop some plates and found me and shouted that I should leave the place and stop washing the plates. I said, " madam, don't worry, it was nothing." She stood there and was looking at me.

It was around, 8:30pm and I was about to go. She was staying in a massive duplex in festac, while I was leaving at Ire-Akari estate. She insisted that I should not go, that I should go and sleep at their boys quarter. But I told her that tomorrow was Monday and I needed to go home and prepare for work. She said I should not bother coming to the office in the morning and should take two days off. I did stay in their house, helped her kids with their weekend homework and other things.

In the morning, before leaving, the husband gave me N10k and one new Turkish suite that he has not used before. The man is well to do anyway. Since that day, I was one of the most favored staff, recommending me for promotion. This was someone that everybody saw as "wicked" and feared by staff. She could shout to people anyhow and woe to you if you fail to balance your investment account after close of business.

When an opportunity came for someone to be recommended for a new project, she didn't waste time and put me forward. It was not that I was not good on my job, but I needed to build good relationship with her to help my career. In life and in corporate world, your boss can determine the trajectory of your growth. You must manage the person and play to his/her sentiments and massage ego.

But you must know your job and be dedicated. Adding interpersonal relationship and managing difficult bosses are just the icing on the cake.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Female Bosses by Juicy001: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2021
Not all per say but yes they can be very troublesome, my boss is a lady, abi woman, shes never in a good mood, Mondays to fridays, from the security men down to the cleaners, everyone is always afraid of what might happen when ever she steps in the building, calling you names, zero regard for anyone,
Sometimes I wish I can just quit but when I think of my Bills........

Buhari....this one na your fault, I swear

5 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Angelfrost(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:
I just want to know if I am the only one to notice it, some female bosses are usually overtly arrogant, abusive and overbearing and most times they bring their family problems to work and can't deal with the stress that comes with working.

This is not a misogynistic post just an observation from me. Do you guys also experience this.

The ones I have worked with are the very direct opposite of what you described above... They are highly professional, goal-oriented, driven to succeed, strict (Quite strict), result inclined, motherly, and highly disciplined.

So, it all depends on who you meet with and your own character or work ethics too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bosses by Christiansen(m): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2021
In mosdi's voice "Useless"!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bosses by Oluromantic: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2021
Dozis:

I don't believe it's a gender thing, because I have worked with female colleagues that are great at what they do.
God is your strength my brother.
This thread should be an eye opener to you

https://www.nairaland.com/6728069/what-hate-job-place-work#105343751
Re: Female Bosses by bukatyne(f): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:

@bold:

And you have not seen male bosses with such traits?
Re: Female Bosses by Juicy001: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2021
Nijagogetsense:
Female boss are the easiest personality to deal with. It's not about them, it is about you.

When dealing with a female boss, one thing you need to master is your emotions. Forget your ego and stoop to conquer. Make sure you always compliment them. Anytime she make a decision, flatter her and say you look up to her. Bingo! You're starting to getting her fall into your trap. She will start thinking about you. Don't stop there, buy her gifts. Compliment her. Make sure you know more about her. Make her a friend. Be interested in her like a family. But never lose yourself. Be professional in your work. Watch as events unfold and she will be fond of you.

See this chappie oh grin

Na kpansh you wan kpansh your boss?

2 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Spectaclesawe25: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2021
Most are perfectionist at work, also emotional, but usually fail on their children and husband at home. They tend not to be able to balance both, sometimes resulting to transferring the frustration at home on the staff members at work.

4 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by lwisee: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2021
They are terrible, especially when they don't like you.

7 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:
[s]I just want to know if I am the only one to notice it, some female bosses are usually overtly arrogant, abusive and overbearing and most times they bring their family problems to work and can't deal with the stress that comes with working.

This is not a misogynistic post just an observation from me. Do you guys also experience this.[/s]

So are male bosses. Or how do you explain a male boss sending his subordinate to go and buy a pack of pampers for him?

Alot of women are bread winners of their family and as a result, their responsible children especially the males don't come on nairaland to insult their own mothers like the demented, ugly redpillers do.

Enough with the disguised Taliban support. It will definitely backfire.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Bosses by chatinent: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2021
I had a female boss who was more of an aunt to me. So comely.

May God Bless Her for Me.

4 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Oluromantic: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2021
bukatyne:

Can you give practical examples?
This thread should be an eye opener for you.

I purposely didn't reply you before to avoid unnecessary gender arguments.

There's a big difference between officiating men and women. Simple!

https://www.nairaland.com/6728069/what-hate-job-place-work#105343751

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by Karmatyra(f): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2021
Lol
Re: Female Bosses by bjtinz: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2021
My personal observation:If she married and in a stable home, then it's likely you'll have the best of time with her.

If she's having issues at home, especially with darling hubby, it might spill into the workplace and overly ambitious subordinates who remind her of DH may incur her wrath.

For the unmarried ones, I think its a little more complex: Of my 5 female bosses, 3 were unmarried. But it's only one who had real issues. The remaining two were very okay.

All the same I agree it's wrong to generalize that all female bosses are bad.

4 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2021
My employer was a female, she is very kind, down to earth and nice. I love her.

2 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by lonelydora: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2021
Nijagogetsense:
Female boss are the easiest personality to deal with. It's not about them, it is about you.

When dealing with a female boss, one thing you need to master is your emotions. Forget your ego and stoop to conquer. Make sure you always compliment them. Anytime she make a decision, flatter her and say you look up to her. Bingo! You're starting to getting her fall into your trap. She will start thinking about you. Don't stop there, buy her gifts. Compliment her. Make sure you know more about her. Make her a friend. Be interested in her like a family. But never lose yourself. Be professional in your work. Watch as events unfold and she will be fond of you.

Na knacking you dey prepare so!

7 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:58am On Sep 18, 2021
kenn4rill:
Very difficult to work with, they always want to put you on constant reminder that they are your boss
yes, you're right. I rejected a job after a successful interview in PH because of this. THE LADY WAS LIKE; if you want to say something, you have to call me ma! I am your boss! AS IF I DON'T KNOW THAT. very annoying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Bosses by stanliwise(m): 10:58am On Sep 18, 2021
Nijagogetsense:

we aren’t talking about a female colleague. We are talking about a boss. Stop saying it’s about you.
If she is toxic, she is toxic. And you don’t expect every employee to understand how to manage everyone emotion.

Let’s be real here

7 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by TouchOfSpice(m): 10:59am On Sep 18, 2021
My impression about female Bosses changed when I worked with one. That was the best moment of my career.

Till tomorrow I still cherish the few moment I worked with her.....

When I was about leaving, she asked me to drop my offer letter that she will double whatever amount I was offered . She did.....

Note: She is the only boss I work with that will give you a task or project that will build you yet still guide you through all the way....

Madam P, God will continue to Bless you in all you do...

5 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Sparklinglyte(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2021
I used to have a female boss like that she very strict she hardly release money even after sweating your ass off but she's very lovely at times

1 Like

Re: Female Bosses by judecares1(m): 11:05am On Sep 18, 2021
H
Re: Female Bosses by Hassanmaye(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:

Absolutely true I swear
Re: Female Bosses by Buffalo2(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2021
OP, you are right. No more comment.
Re: Female Bosses by Hassanmaye(m): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2021
Money05:
Anything female in charge is a disaster.

They can be so mean, jealous, back stabbing, envious esp to their fellow women.
Lol true
Re: Female Bosses by bayulll011(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:

Lol female bosses lmao.
Make i no talk cos am currently facing one.

It is well thats all i can say,just walk yourself to their heart not that they wont make things difficult for you but just dont talk all of them too serious

3 Likes

Re: Female Bosses by Hassanmaye(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2021
Sunnyjoseph44:
Female bosses are to arrogant most especially those one at private organization
True
Re: Female Bosses by Standing5(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2021
MrbonZ:

that's why they are the weaker gender. The inability to manage personal emotional issues.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After Studying Geology For 4 Years, What Next? / FG Bans Foreign Trips & Training For Civil Servants / Workplace Christmas Bonus: What Did Your Workplace Give Out As Christmas Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.