Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,500 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:34 PM

FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) (50298 Views)

Presidential Election: Peter Obi Disputes INEC Results In 21 States / FG Shortlists 20 Candidates For AGF’s Replacement, Begins Accreditation Monday / FG Shortlists Bidders For 12 Highways In Lagos, Kano, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by Thereishel: 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mossadd:
I hope someone will caution makinde before he brings everlasting destruction to his state because I just don't get the reason why any sane southern governor will accept anything fulani after the atrocities they have been committed

I don't know why Maine would surrender Oyo lands to killer herdsmen for grazing. This governor is a bastard. I think he has skeleton in his cupboard. He is scared the federal government would probe home through efcc because of embezzlement.
Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by JesseJo: 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2021
Kenn55:

You wouldn't have been wrong looking at it normally. But you are assuming that we are dealing with rational people. People who have no ulterior agenda of their own.

At face value, the initiative looks harmless and business oriented. However except you just intentionally want to lie to yourself, you should know that this whole thing is a ploy to legally plant fulanis in those lands.

It might look like business today but think about what the situation will be 20 to 30 years from now when they have gained ground,brought in their brothers from Mali and Senegal etc to occupy those lands.Think about the changes that would happen along the line when it will become impossible to resist and back off. Because once you start, bear in mind that there wouldn't be a peaceful exist.

The best thing would have been for the cattle owners to individually buy or rent lands from host communities and ranch their cows. But they don't want that cos it doesn't align with their long term agenda. One cow cost hundreds of thousands of naira so we are not talking of one naira business here. Anyway people who wants to risk their communities and states can go ahead sha.

One thing I like about fulanis is that they have a long term outlook and plan for things. They are not short term thinkers. They are long term strategists. Conquering the hausas which is one of the largest tribes in Africa is not something that was done overnight. Think about it.

If you are conversant with the Land Use Act as enshrined in our laws. You will know that there is nothing to fear.

The States in Nigeria have absolute and total authority over every land in the country including those bought and C of O were issued on them.

The State govt, can repossess those land at any point in time, even though they have C of O and only pay compensation. And in this case the State simply need not issue any C of O or approve any Deed of Assignment.

The land will remain that of the State forever. And if trouble breeds they can simply stop the usage of the land.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by Kenn55: 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
JesseJo:

If you are conversant with the Land Use Act as enshrined in our laws. You will know that there is nothing to fear.

The States in Nigeria have absolute and total authority over every land in the country including those bought and C of O were issued on them.

The State govt, can repossess those land at any point in time, even though they have C of O and only pay compensation. And in this case the State simply need not issue any C of O or approve any Deed of Assignment.

The land will remain that of the State forever. And if trouble breeds they can simply stop the usage of the land.

You are correct. Like I said before, you are assuming that things will work the way it is designed to work.
But note that we are dealing with people who don't care about any law. It will be difficult to evict fulanis when they have been entrenched in the land. Blood will have to flow for that to happen and it will lead to full blown terrorism like what is happening in Benue.

Who is even going to stop them if the state wants to end it? The police? The ones that can't enforce an open grazing ban agreed by southern governors? What makes you think they will be interested in enforcing any law that goes against the fulanis? The governors have no real power.

The best way to avoid future bloodshed is to restrict grazing reserves or whatever it is called to the north. Any fulani who wants to graze in the south should buy or rent a land as an individual and do their business. Cow is a big business and should be treated as such.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by EMMY76: 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
Any southern state that release any land for this program will definitely loose it to the fulanis in few years time unless they will make sure that it's only their own people that will be in charge of the ranch.
Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by olabukola: 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
Is oyo not Sunday Igboho's state? How will Sunday handle this if it is about to kick off? Yorubas are always bitches and remain bitches for life. After 17 southern states reached a communique in Asaba 2 yoruba snitch governors have betrayed them because the report says the state registered with national livestock transformation plan. I don't want to believe that these governors registered with them for their lands to be taken over. Southerners should also rise up and demand STOP to harassment of alcohol business in the north, we should demand land for piggery farming in north or let's go to war. The stack illiterate dirty
northernerss should be our slaves.
The governors reached agreement to ban open grazing and not ranching. So I don't see the problem here.
Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by olabukola: 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin spare parts requires 2 by 2 room ranching requires a huge expanse of space something only the State Government have the authority to grant but I am sure "educated" southerners like yourself have replaced bigotry hypocrisy as the basis of your thinking.
But 2by 2 into 5k shops will be expanse of space now. Then add warehouses.
Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by olabukola: 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2021
kudinkarfe:

Nna you are talking as if Easterners doesn't need the North. Come to the north and see population of nndibos living comfortably, making their millions without been attack. Let's learn to tolerate one another. Nobody is happy with the Fulani herdsmen's behavior but doesn't mean we will be treating each other with disdain.
We open our arms wide open to welcome una
Northern people are everywhere in the south. What southern people don't like are the northerners that stays in the bushes and forests.
Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by 41lady(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2021
Vicotex:
I smell the sophisticated ones lurking this thread.
I dey always tell una say yoruba and fulani na brothers but una no dey hear.
Shebi una eyes don clear.
Well na family matter, I no need to chuk mouth put.

You are right, to confirm your point, listen to their plan with this kanuri man https://fb.watch/67987nLEXd/
Re: FG Shortlists 21 States For Pilot Grazing Reserves (list) by bellotaofeek: 2:43am On Jun 19, 2021
When will cattle rearing be exempted from Nigeria government problem ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Portfolios: How Buhari Shocked Some Ministers / State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard / Yemi Osinbajo Meets Jide Sanwo-Olu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.