Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences (40167 Views)

Which Teams Will Make It Into The Euro 2020 Quarterfinals? / ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition / UEFA Champions League: Ranking The Five Teams That Could Win The Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Chachamiliano: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2021
FBIBOT:

The companies already paid uefa for the adverts the players aren't forced to drink it just leave it for viewers to see and drink whatever you want... It that simple....

Yes ooo. They even met the drinks sitting before they sat down. Not like the drinks were arranged in their fronts. The drinks didn't obstruct their views, the drink was not close to them and this is the first I will hear or see a player remove sponsorship advert. To gain fame, they have rendered many people jobless.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Ykc2(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2021
Look at these useless boy pogba,he paint his hair with different colour now his claiming holy soul,why is he playing football at all when he knew that alcoholic companies and gambling companies are the main sponsors of football, angrythey should sack and deport him back to his mother's country Guinea let him go there and become koran memorizeer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Nazifi2021: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2021
Ye madnessah. pogba is a pure muslim nd then. yeye
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by NomzyJust(m): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2021
Most people in the west drink more of soda than water. When they're thirsty, they go for coke or pepsi. Drinking water is boring to most of them.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by derbykol(f): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2021
Good one!
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by unmask: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2021
styleewhyte:
Then the big Stars will definitely stop appearing in the press conference... Someone like Ronaldo will definitely turn down a press conference
for every one player that turns it down, a million will be available to take it.

What CR7 did was wrong and we shouldn't be excusing it.

Uefa is just trying to be careful following the ESL debacle....at some other time, A strong worded waring or fine would appear

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Chachamiliano: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I laugh hard esp with the front page comments. Big sponsors are the ones killing you. They are the ones giving you cancer and many bad diseases. Sportsmen have just woken up. And they are educating you. Yet the businessmen are trying to prevent them. Coke knows the damage their drink is doing, yet, they won't stop. And you guys are saying sportsmen are wrong. When you carry your own cancer or terrible disease, you will understand these guys are bold to do this. The same way, I talked about tennis - that babe boycotted most of the tournaments now. Ok ooo. Keep saying sponsors need to make money. They will make money with their terrible products, and you will even make doctors and drugs manufacturers happier. You will buy useless drugs cos they are sponsors too. Dont worry. Keep supporting those killing you cos they are sponsors who need to make money back.

To everything you consume on this Earth has advantages and disadvantages including water. The word here is moderate consumption.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by tunapawizzy: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2021
styleewhyte:

Coke should have made a banner.. I don't support CR7 on that but let's take it this way... Make a banner.. The company's know what they are doing, You don't need to keep your drinks on the table. Players have faiths and believes.. And Many Fans look up to them... To see products they endorse

They can sponsor the tournament but don't need the Product on the table, it kinda implies the players take them...

If UEFA is this Naive to to warn countries... These top players will start turning down these press conferences... And that will be worse and they can use their platform against the company..
I dont agree with u on this. That platform belongs to UEFA and sponsors based on the contract/agreement between the 2 of them. It's not up to players or nations to decide what should be on the table. They have their own platforms to promote whatever they want, but u dont come on someone else's platform(paid for) and decide how things should be done, He who pays the piper dictates the tune

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Chachamiliano: 9:31am On Jun 18, 2021
styleewhyte:
Then the big Stars will definitely stop appearing in the press conference... Someone like Ronaldo will definitely turn down a press conference

Then they go back to the slump. Who is Ronaldo or Pogba before football Football made then. The day they decides that, millions of young men are ready to appear. Sponsorship makes football

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by charlesm91(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2021
sunshineV:
pogba is a bloody hypocrite. he doesnt drink alcohol so he took the drink off the table but he plays a competition sponspored by the drink and get paid from their earnings, what level of nonsense is that? besides, who said he had to drink it? just give ur speech and leave but leave the drink alone. islam and hypocrisy
iswear and you find people making excuse for him in the name of religion and then going on to slam ronaldo for his own gesture. Pogba na showman and wanted to trend too, cos i doubt he would have done that if Ronaldo hadn't.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by CSTRR: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

What if Muslims own that clubs like Mancity??

They will play in Europe and Heineken is a symbol of Europe.

He should go and sponsor a club in his country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by unmask: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2021
joshtooxplicit:

The person that collected the money should come and sit behind the table. They know he does not like coca cola or other Fizzy drinks why tie his hands to advertise them. Its Hypocrisy to not take a drink and advise other people to do so. The coca cola company have a water brand why not use it. I trust Ronaldo till the tournament end he wont attend a Press conference or he will do and Move His chair to the other side instead of the Bottle..
Dont be surprised that Pepsi is not part of Messis daily Life he is just doing it for the money, I drink because I love you and behind doors you dont drink.
He wasn't asked to advertise for them, the products were there to be advertised at the press conference....not by a player

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by tunapawizzy: 9:37am On Jun 18, 2021
Ronaldo has a hotel, do they sell CocaCola in that hotel? Has Pogba been to a club where they sell Heineken/Beer. Has he ever participated in a competition sponsored by Heineken(Champions League)? So what exactly is the point they are making.
UEFA and their sponsors own the platform and they decide how things are done, if u as a participant do not agree, just dont participate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by wumi2017(f): 9:39am On Jun 18, 2021
Cr7 my man grin
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by BareFacedLies(m): 9:40am On Jun 18, 2021
joshtooxplicit:

The person that collected the money should come and sit behind the table. They know he does not like coca cola or other Fizzy drinks why tie his hands to advertise them. Its Hypocrisy to not take a drink and advise other people to do so. The coca cola company have a water brand why not use it. I trust Ronaldo till the tournament end he wont attend a Press conference or he will do and Move His chair to the other side instead of the Bottle..
Dont be surprised that Pepsi is not part of Messis daily Life he is just doing it for the money, I drink because I love you and behind doors you dont drink.

In case you have forgotten, he who pays the piper dictates the tune!

The beverage companies are the ones paying Ronaldo and the rest of the holier-than-thou gang so he has absolutely no right to disrespect them.

If the sponsors become offended and leave there will not be a football tournament to watch!

And let me tell you if UEFA is asked to make a choice I can tell you without mincing words that they would choose Coca-Cola over Ronaldo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by P1PrinceKT(m): 9:40am On Jun 18, 2021
CSTRR:

They will play in Europe and Heineken is a symbol of Europe.

He should go and sponsor a club in his country.

HEINEKEN remained injurious to your health, despite your blinded(selfish) comprehending.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by DriveByKiller: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2021
He did it for attention and media
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by henryobinna(m): 9:42am On Jun 18, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
Lol, same UEFA won't want a player to take a beer or gulp a coke before or during the match. Just like betting, they are ready to collect money from bet companies, but not ready to allow players place bet.
if players place bets it could influence their performance for example a player might bet against his team and while in the match would render a sub par performance. Coke and other drinks contain certain substances that might influence the way you play. It makes perfect sense

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by hensben(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2021
Khd95:
for ronaldo's act, i heard coca-cola lost millions of money shocked sad
4 billion dollars.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 18, 2021
Chachamiliano:

To everything you consume on this Earth has advantages and disadvantages including water. The word here is moderate consumption.
Stop deceiving yourself with moderate consumption. What is unhealthy is unhealthy. What is bad is bad. Refined sugar is bad. There is nothing like moderate consumption. Get it right.
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by henryobinna(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2021
LesbianBoy:
It will soon become a trend grin grin

Meanwhile why is uefa behaving like Nigeria government trying to force something on the players
it's not forcing. Someone paid for them to be on those fields playing and what these people get in return js having their products displayed if you deprive them of what they're paid for then you're not being fair. If the players feel too big or rich they should sponsore the competition themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by hensben(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2021
tunapawizzy:
You accepted Heineken Star of the match plaque from Heinken but u comot Heineken bottle from ur table at press conference.... orishirishi
pogba too dey follow follow. He think of himself a star like messi and cr7 too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Invitationn: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2021
Elock1:
shocked
Way to go.

The other day I was telling a friend that c. Ronaldo was wrong.. He no gree accept.

Saying I'm a barca fan and I don't just like ororo.

I told him it's not about football here.
These guys are sponsoring the tournament.. Thereby paying you directly or indirectly...

And if you being such a big name take off their products it will send a wrong message to his fans and they may loose money.

But trust ororo boys, he started shouting barca fans and hate bla bla bla.
Point is, he's making a statement.
He's not going to love-vendor a product he doesn't use and has previously condemned... that's deceitful.
These guys don't care about coca-cola, their wages will still be paid.
A similar case is Naomi Osaka declining to attend press conferences after games; she knew she'll be fined but went on anyways!
She's creating awareness about athletes mental health.
Serena Williams had broken down many times during these press conferences where saucy journalist ask foolish questions not considering the athlete's state of mind.
I'm sure Ronaldo won't be bothered if he gets fined!
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Elock1: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2021
Invitationn:

Point is, he's making a statement.
He's not going to love-vendor a product he doesn't use and has previously condemned... that's deceitful.
These guys don't care about coca-cola, their wages will still be paid.
A similar case is Naomi Osaka declining to attend press conferences after games; she knew she'll be fined but went on anyways!
She's creating awareness about athletes mental health.
Serena Williams had broken down many times during these press conferences where saucy journalist ask foolish questions not considering the athlete's state of mind.
I'm sure Ronaldo won't be bothered if he gets fined!
then he should sit his ass down at home and or play in a tournament sponsored by a bottle water.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by henryobinna(m): 9:49am On Jun 18, 2021
na2016:

It doesn't matter. Those drinks were kept there as a form of advert. If the players, don't share the same sentiments, tell the organizers before the event starts. Pogba's own was even more worrying considering that the beer there was non-alcoholic.[b][/b]
na pride dey do those players. They're feeling too big forgetting that these companies made them whom they are by sponsoring the various competitions they play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by kolade560: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2021
[quote author=Harrynight post=102839547] shocked

I support UEFA on this a 110%
In fact FINE the players involve directly too

Those brands paid for the drinks to be on those tables, they ain't forcing anyone to drink
If u ain't drinking just mind urself, Respect the product!
Why seeking unnecessary attention just to kill someone's business? [/quote
Are you high on weed?? Just asking .... Who is seeking attention?? Rinaldo that has more 300millions followers? A population that is more than four Europeans countries combined.....saying he's seeking attention is gibberish....

1 Like

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Chachamiliano: 9:51am On Jun 18, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Stop deceiving yourself with moderate consumption. What is unhealthy is unhealthy. What is bad is bad. Refined sugar is bad. There is nothing like moderate consumption. Get it right.

The I guess you do not know a thing about consumption then. Mention on thing that doesn't have disadvantage(s) if taken excessively How many people have died of the consumption of refined sugar like you postulated? If I go by your logic, then no need to consume canned, or fast food. No need to consume drinks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Alhaamade(m): 9:52am On Jun 18, 2021
It's getting complicated
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 18, 2021
unmask:
So why are they playing in the competition sponsored by these companies? Nothing stops them from quitting football, based on the fact that they don't support the sponsors of football
The real ethical view is that producers of dangerous products should not be allowed to sponsor any event, but the real motivation now is profit. Of course, if people did not come hard on tobacco makers, they will still be sponsoring events like this cos they have the cash. In the 1920s to 70s, cigarettes makers make people think smokers are effective and for "cool" guys and girls. You see them with cow boy hats standing next to horses showing they were in charge. But today, they still have the money and they cannot sponsor such again because some old Ronaldos and Osakas cameaafter them. Coca cola's time is up. I am confident the drink cannot survive the next 10 years. And all carbonated drinks will be flushed away. It is not your fault sir. They have just twisted everything and you cannot see well just like they twisted it in the olden days to make them see smoking as a cool habit. Some people started it against tobacco makers, and today they are forced to print on it that "tobacco smokers are liable to die young". I dont even think sports allow them as sponsors anymore. If yes, they have restricted way of promoting them. So, people like I needs to help people like you. You are still sleeping. Wake up! It's not all about money.

So, it is about stopping them. If the guys of the old took to your idea, we would still be slaves to Rothman, British Tobacco, and the rest. Are you not grateful some ppl stood against them for you?
Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by marveangel(m): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2021
First I think it's arrant nonesense for a man who owns a hotel where I'm sure he sells these sort of drinks to his customers to remove the same product from the table supposedly encouraging people to drink only water. Does it implies he doesn't care about the health of his hotel clientele??.

Also Pepsi is one of the major sponsors of the UEFA champions league same as Heineken why haven't they had any issues with these brands at club level they wouldn't everyone goes to their national Tema and form boss because they don't really get paid as much but they are very humble servants to the club's because of the huge weekly wages they collect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Warns Teams Could Be Fined If Players Move Drinks At News Conferences by OloyeVIII: 9:59am On Jun 18, 2021
Elock1:
shocked
Way to go.

The other day I was telling a friend that c. Ronaldo was wrong.. He no gree accept.

Saying I'm a barca fan and I don't just like ororo.

I told him it's not about football here.
These guys are sponsoring the tournament.. Thereby paying you directly or indirectly...

And if you being such a big name take off their products it will send a wrong message to his fans and they may loose money.

But trust ororo boys, he started shouting barca fans and hate bla bla bla.
Coca-Cola were down $238b from $242b cos of his actions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Super League Is Back On As Court Rules UEFA Cannot Sanction Clubs Involved / Censored Picture Of Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey's Leg Break Against Stoke City / UEFA Europa League Round Of 16 Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.