Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? (1117 Views)

Ghanaian Girl Falls To Her Death After Removing P@nt To Tw3rk On Stage / Your Wrist Watch Could Tell How Romantic U Are! / How Do I Tell A Friend To Stop Bringing Girls To Have Sex In My Apartment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by SwagPower: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2021
The state of the country over the past few years has steadily gotten worse. As Nigerians migrate to establish better lives elsewhere,here are some things to note. cheesy

Don't go calling everyone older than you aunty or bother.

They have their names and they love to be called that. Leave your auntie's and bother in Nigeria. embarassed

Make an effort to learn people's name and call them by Thier names.

Yes, we know Nigerian guys can hang out with you for weeks or month and not even know your name. Guys learn to ask people for their names. Chairman, boss, oga, baba, my guy won't work abroad. Mike is mike. Don’t confuse his mind by making him wonder when he became your boss. cheesy

Women have the upper hand here.

Keep your bad behaviour in your suitcase and treat your wife right. Swallow your pride with ogbona soup because she will have the upper hand there. smiley

Don't shout people's name from afar

Walk up to that person you know from afar instead of calling out to the person by shouting heeeeeeeeee, mttsssssss or bolaaaaaaaaaa. Don't be a hoodlum. cool

Electricity goes out sometimes.

Don't go and be acting like you have always been used to constant electricity. When power goes off, enjoy yourself in the dark like the king of darkness that you are. cry

Always notify people of your visit.

Make sure you call your friends or colleagues before visiting them. Remember no one likes it when you suddenly bump in on them without prior notice over there. angry

Mind your Business.

Mind your business like your life depends on it. When you hear Dave and Sylvia fighting the best you can do is to call the cops so they can come see with their eyes. Don't go knocking their door like you have been doing with aunty risi and her husband here in Nigeria. If they want you involved they will call you to come and watch before they start fighting. tongue

Leave your bad road Etiquettes here.

Learn to drive like a normal person. Be patient on the roads. If there is traffic don't try to form another lane. If you try it, you will cool off In jail till you become normal. cheesy

Deliver yourself from "African time".

Always keep to time. 4 is 4. Nothing like i got there 15 minutes past 4 and he is looking at me like I killed 5 people. angry

You'll see lots of nudity, Get used to it.

Don't look down on nudity. In most places nudity is a norm. Don't go and be preaching Christ to someone that is simply being himself or herself because you are not used to it. In fact don't stare too.
What we see as indecent dressing here is normal there. Summer and indecent dressing are like 5 and 6. Omo, mind your business. lipsrsealed

Do not litter the streets.

Put that gala nylon in your pocket till you see a trash can or till you get home. That's if you see gala to buy sef. undecided

Feel free to add yours. grin

Credit: Osazua Iruedo/ Quora

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by Afonjashapmouth: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2021
Don't misrepresent us undecided
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by pansophist(m): 9:46am On Jun 18, 2021
No de shout abeg, that will be my advice.

It's not difficult to know someone is Nigerian just by observing them. Nigerians talk loud, with a strong intonation even though they are not being aggressive, and they walk with this sense of ownership, like the whole place belong to them.

Their guts de vex oyinbo and other Africans join. I remember one time in school me and my naija friends was arguing about Yar'adua and Jonathan, during class break, and our lecturer actually came to us to see if we were fighting, we shocked that day. He was genuinely surprised we were having a discussion.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2021
Drink water and mind yours!
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by angelfallz(m): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2021
Bros forget we're a proud people. We might as well own the place. I'm sure that your lecturer has not heard Yoruba women discussing before. grin grin grin

pansophist:

It's not difficult to know someone is Nigerian just by observing them. Nigerians talk loud, with a strong intonation even though they are not being aggressive, and they walk with this sense of ownership, like the whole place belong to them.

Their guts de vex oyinbo and other Africans join. I remember one time in school me and my naija friends was arguing about Yar'adua and Jonathan, during class break, and our lecturer actually came to us to see if we were fighting, we shocked that day. He was genuinely surprised we were having a discussion.
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by josh123(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2021
So many Nigerians will receive culture shock when they travel out

1 Like

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by pansophist(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2021
angelfallz:
Bros forget we're a proud people. We might as well own the place. I'm sure that your lecturer has not heard Yoruba women discussing before. grin grin grin

Na London those yoruba women full. Those one wey de fight inside bus and subway, and them de usually fat gan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by skinnyebans(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

pansophist:

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by IamCookie(f): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2021
Soon... Very soon
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by angelfallz(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2021
grin
pansophist:

Na London those yoruba women full. Those one wey de fight inside bus and subway, and them de usually fat gan grin
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by CaroLyner(f): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2021
I already do most of the above, abroad here I come grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by Regex: 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
Learn to cross road using the cross walk...

Me bus for don jam me when I wanted to cross road the naija way.

On the note of minding your business, abeg try mind your business well, don't because you see your neighbour outside you come down to join them, na lie, e fit embarrass you gon gon... Only join them when you are invited and most times, turn down their invitation they were only being polite not really inviting you.

I learned all these the hard way since weh I land UK.

4 Likes

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by Regex: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2021
pansophist:

For Newcastle na Edo people. But the thing is, them deh respect themselves sha pass Yoruba women.
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by pansophist(m): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
Regex:

For Newcastle na Edo people. But the thing is, them deh respect themselves sha pass Yoruba women.

Edo na Italy joor. Na dem get their place.
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by Regex: 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2021
pansophist:

Edo na Italy joor. Na dem get their place.

Omo, they are taking over Newcastle. 60% of Nigerians in Newcastle na Edo.
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by RisenJoe(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2021
pansophist:

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by RisenJoe(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2021
IamCookie:
Soon... Very soon

Abeg remember me ooo

1 Like

Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by SavageResponse(m): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2021
Don't continue staring when you see a lady wearing bum shorts in the street
Re: If You Could Tell A Nigerian Hw Nt To Behave Abroad, What Would You Say To Them? by Frenzy01(m): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2021
No matter what we read and see online.. It would actually take us a whole before we get used to their lifestyle over there.

Meanwhile, make una Patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services

(1) (Reply)

Meet Abuja Cool Fun Singles Here. / Should I Still Marry Her After Calling Me A Broke Guy... / Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.