Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage (1894 Views)

What Is MGTOW? Meet The ‘Men Going Their Own Way’ / What Book On Marriage Can I Get For My Girlfriend On Her Birthday? / I Lost My Junior Brother Yesterday, Please Console Me In Your Own Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage by Lostchild(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2021
My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage

Before you read My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage. Note; I sound more like a child becos of the way I feel. I think the ways and traditions of Nigerians (Africans) is very stupid.

THE NIGERIA WAY

I know a guy my age mate, he was depressed and complain because, he wanted to do the right thing by paying the bride price of his fiancee according to the Nigeria way. What shock me the most is that, the father of the lady demanded for 20k first. The babe father said that, before the guy will seat down with him to talk about marrying his daughter, my guy must pay N20.000 just to seat down with him and talk, guess what? my guy paid the money.

The traditional list of items was given to my guy, he went back home, very depressed and unhappy. He complain bitterly to everyone, even though he does little business.

I thought to myself, the babe father was lucky that it was not a guy like me. I will prego the babe and I will see what the father can do about it. (abortion is not permmited)

MY OWN WAY

1) I frown upon traditional marriage. How? I hate it when I see traditional marriage practices. I also hate those their native attire or dress code.

2) I strongly believe that, marriage is between two persons and not by crowd or family approval. Example, a good man sees a nice woman and both of them like and love each other, move in together and become ONE. God has approved them because God approve what man approved.

3) I dont encourage promiscuous life style and I don't believe the word, child out of wedlock, O Yea, one fool who can't create even a fowl egg will say, that baby is a bastard. That is a none sense mindset because humans are humans, wedlock or outlock, they are precious little human beings and should be appreciated and must be well loved as a human.

4) Pressure
In case the babe wanted to depressed me with pressure, fine. You take me to your parents, I take you to my parents. Our family meet to introduce our Families (conjugal bliss)

Dont forget. No bride price or traditional marriage.

But, if the babe is from this mangroove just like me. Oh OK. I will still give the parents gift, money, just to free their heart, but not for bride price. I will help her parents, help her brothers or sister when needed, am I not still paying price indirectly? of course. Her family will even consider me a better dude (inlaw)

But If the babe parents is financially ok, then I already have a free chenkess as a wife, trust me, I don't do crazy traditions practices.

Believe me on this, women have (LOVE) brain. If you manipulate a woman with sweet mouth, feed their head with love tips, you own them for free. 

5) Even my bible says that a man shall leave his parents house and join with a woman and both of them will become ONE

My bible also says, do not join yourself with a prostitute, or else you become ONE body with a prostitue, why? sexual bond.

Imagine I find a cute pie of a woman. She agreed to be my mate. She move in with me and I always give her multiple fu*ck section to her satisfaction. She beget my seed, I am a wonderful dad to my children and I still give her good fu*c'k when she is hor-ny. I cuddled her just to keep her warm, and I always wisper to her, I love you and assures her I will always takes care of us

What else does she need?

Do we need any one approval over two consensual adult who decide to join as onr, love each other and corpulate?

Do we need to feed 100 guest for them to approved or puplicize our union?

Do we need wedding gown as symbol of our union?

Do we need a pastor or a court to seal our union ?

Even whitiiii dont collect bride price

It is illegal in America to collect bride price

What is the need for your traditions ?

Who has time for more Nigeria craziness and stress?

I see that I must do it (My Own Way) and not the Nigeria way

Tradition should go to hell.

Re: My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage by habsydiamond(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
Some people will never go with ur assertion oo... If dem no use the female child as a means to richness they won't be contented... Having three events because u want to marry someone is just waste of resources.. Intro, engagement then wedding why not stick to one or two... Remember if u are inviting 300 to the events imagine the amount of money that will feed those people... If u invest that money in one business u will make huge profit by the end of the year oo
Re: My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage by GboyegaD(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2021
The size of people at the marriage is dependent on both of you getting married most often than not than the parents decisions. The issue in most cases is that most parents did not do well raising independent children. The reason why parents still interfere in the homes of their adult children.

As for other things listed, each person should define how they want theirs.

Lastly, it is unfair to compare human thinking with that of a fish. That is very disrespectful.
Re: My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage by Lostchild(m): 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2021
GboyegaD:
The size of people at the marriage is dependent on both of you getting married most often than not than the parents decisions. The issue in most cases is that most parents did not do well raising independent children. The reason why parents still interfere in the homes of their adult children.

As for other things listed, each person should define how they want theirs.

Lastly, it is unfair to compare human thinking with that of a fish. That is very disrespectful.

Brother

I have edited the word

I did not want to use the word fish brain that is why I code the word and turn it to (tuna) as I thought Nigeria women will not know it is a fish. Using the word fish brain is direspectful to (women). You just instantly decode me

Apologize to all women over (Tuna) in advance
Re: My Own Way VS Nigeria Way On Marriage by Lostchild(m): 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
habsydiamond:
Some people will never go with ur assertion oo... If dem no use the female child as a means to richness they won't be contented... Having three events because u want to marry someone is just waste of resources.. Intro, engagement then wedding why not stick to one or two... Remember if u are inviting 300 to the events imagine the amount of money that will feed those people... If u invest that money in one business u will make huge profit by the end of the year oo

You are very right
My guy was billed N90,000 for papa and mama tradition cloths.

Papa cloths = N50K
Mama cloths = N40K

I felt very bad for him because my guy was just managing life with his small business.

When I see the stress people go through in marriage is making to create uneccesary format on escape plan

(1) (Reply)

Where To Swap Your Old Mattress For A Brand New One In Nigeria / . / My Father Is Dying Before My Eyes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.