Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar (55922 Views)

What Made The Dollar Fall Over Night? / "Respect The Naira, Beware Of EFCC" Banner Displayed At A Party / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by neyyoh: 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
Frontail:
angry... Just Leave the Naira to finds it's real market Value jare undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It's real value will be worthless, very little demand for the naira outside of Nigeria.
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by zanshi: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
You work up 2016 and devaluved the naira without consenting with us?

And you expect Genz to get dollars from you?

We would rather sort it out with cryptocurrencies...
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Slynation(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Gain as how? 210 in 2015, 496 in 2021.
Gain indeed, Nigerians now buy fish for #1500.
Nothing pain me pass this one oO, Fish is now a proud owner of the formal price of chicken, while chicken is now sold for the formal price of Turkey, Turkey is too Goat, Goat is to Cow, and now the prices of cow can get you a very clean used honda baby boy...grin

This country na wa....grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by pickatyouu: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
Thats what emiefele is good at.
Give dollars to his bdc friends all In the name of pumping forex.
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by BigBashiru: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
OmoManU:
The Emefielenomics is not working it's part of what even failed the Buhari's govt, i don't know why he hasn't been sacked all the while

But if he is fired, they will say its nepotism. so thats why he hasnt been fired.... so nigerians think next time before you criticize.
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Chidexter(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Make he gain small....
Make I check yuan......
Na yuan concern me
Only my real niggarrrrs know about the importance of yuan to da hood
Pussy asss niggarrrz stay far away

As in ehnnnn.....I shock today.....when I see fish way one of my baby sister buy for 800 naira....

Consignment.!?. Boss
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by SilentBurner(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
So you think you've written something ���

Naira gain fire.
Na only God go help us for this country
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Slynation(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
PAWG:
Bad news for crrypto investors
Very bad news oO....me that is planning to BTD next week!!

1 Like

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Voiceofthestree: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
jesebel:
HOW I CLEARED MY STRETCH MARKS IN FEW WEEKS
A friend told me about Actress stretch marks cream. She told me that she used it to make her stretch marks disappear.
I bought the cream and used it, in just few weeks my stretch marks is gone. I never believed that there is a cream that wipes stretch marks. But Actress stretch marks cream has saved me from the shame of having stretch marks, I used to hide my skin because of stretch marks
I’m writing this for millions of women out there who are looking for solution for stretch marks
The cream is available in AMAZON, shopify, AND THE COMAPANY WEBSITE (wwwACTRESSBEAUTY.COM) . But I ordered it in konga.com.
Buy from konga. https:///product/actress-stretch-marks-and-spot-cream-100ml-5265096

Do you have a link that I can buy it and pay on delivery like Jumia store ??
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by LandMann: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
The worst CBN in Nigeria's history.

Remove BDCs and and order commercial banks to sell forex directly to consumers who apply subject to a monthly minimum maximum limit as the case may be.

BDCs were created by corrupt politicians to steal forex and also to create jobs for northern people... That is why 95% of BDC business is controlled by northerners at the detriment of the so-called enlightened southerners who would rather focus on their corrupt lifestyle or run away from the country than stand up and fight for a new Nigeria without this bunch of corrupt fools

We will learn the hard way when we all become cannibals due to not being able to afford basic food items

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by techWriter1: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
Gain as how 210 in 2015 496 in 2021 Gain indeed Nigerians now buy trout for 1500
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by cybertruss(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mynd44:
https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/18/why-the-naira-is-now-gaining-against-the-dollar/

It is still terrible. For more than 5 years FG could not return the naira back to how it was before they took over power. I will be extremely happy with the government if they could do that or make our currency better than that
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Infocity1474(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2021
The exchange rate ain't business friendly, is really affecting every corner
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by skayT: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
No Sir it's not better. I have over 50 percent of my money in USD, and I can categorically tell you Naira falling against the dollar is not a good thing for anyone. You think that your car body parts will remain at the same price? or you think the food you eat will remain at the same price? Won't crime rates soar? More people will depend on you, more people will beg you for money. The ripple effect is just endless!
FacelessKing:
For those earning in USD, the weaker the naira the better.

No I’m not patriotic, thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by zanshi: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
koife:
Pumping dollar into the local market to halt naira sliding is a very bad economic strategy. Best way remain sound policy, export of Goods and service via industrialization and production, encourage local industry and give teeth to local content law.
Now I understand why forex landed in certain airport and efcc and other agencies counted them for hours. Nja and emefiafool, una wehdone. Una wan hold Dollar to save una oga from tongue of Nigerians. I wonder how much dollar una go ferry in to make it 1$/1Naira undecided

Valid!

I look at this economic experts and one thing i can deduced from them is that they don't know how to structure the economy.

Baba mi, back in the 50's, 60s and 70's when Nigeria had it good economically, local manufacturing and exports was what gave us an edge economically. Even Donald Trump saw the light when he was encouraging companies to kickstart manufacturing in America but the leftist still took swipes at him for that.

All these are short term strategies that would hurt us real bad economically

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by SmartPolician: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
OmoManU:
The Emefielenomics is not working it's part of what even failed the Buhari's govt, i don't know why he hasn't been sacked all the while

There's little or nothing Emefiele can do.
The biggest responsibility stops at the desk of the man in Aso Rock.

Buhari, in his first tenure, started the buy made-in-Nigeria product campaign but couldn't even carry on.

Did I fail to mention that we don't have the enabling environment to produce locally?
In fact, that money he's using to fix our railways should have gone into power so that we can become self-reliant in local manufacturing and reduce the cost of production.

Doing so will also encourage foreign direct investments and improve employment statistics among the informal sector.

If we continue to dollarize our economy, Nigerians will always cry at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Adakintroy: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
All this econometrics.

Naira is gaining because America is still recovering from one of the most diverstating natural or unnatural disasters to hit them in recent yrs. People do not seem to recognise they record the most death. Its even common sense not economics.

Nigeria was not all that hit. Humans animate economy. Humans stop motioning, so does the economy. Once their economy resume full steam that is everyone goes back to work, it will be normal service resuming.

All this talk about one gibberish policy of central bank will not be needed.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by OmoManU: 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
htdot:

If the problems were from Emefielenomics , buhari would have sacked it long time ago.

Honestly look at it very well we've been on a constant downward developmental trend for like 6 years now, we know how Sanusi and Soludo made a lot of strides during their own times
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
The Naira is not gaining anything because the prices of goods are uprising. Imagine the cost of fish, chicken, meat, pepper and tomatoes, onions, Garri, beans, yams and co is out of this world. They should stop this nonsense of giving people false hope of telling us the naira is gaining against the US dollars.
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by ogododo: 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Dantedasz(m): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
This article is a joke.
Where is the gain undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by SaintUlot: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
skayT:
No Sir it's not better. I have over 50 percent of my money in USD, and I can categorically tell you Naira falling against the dollar is not a good thing for anyone. You think that your car body parts will remain at the same price? or you think the food you eat will remain at the same price? Won't crime rates soar? More people will depend on you, more people will beg you for money. The ripple effect is just endless!

He is just ignorant. Nigerians and their unempathetic and selfish attitude, that's why the country is retrogressing till date.

The current stagflation rate that is being experienced currently is higher than the exchange rate.
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by nedekid: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
LaIabobo:
The CBN is struggling to meet forex demands of businesses.

Many large companies are still buying forex inflows at N515/USD and it'll continue to be this bad mainly because of our reduced foreign income and huge foreign loan repayment expenses.

We spend too much on importation and the country doesn't make that much forex anymore so there's pressure on the little dollars in circulation.

Same reason why CBN is luring our abroad brothers to send us dollars and they give us extra 5naira/USD incentive
Oil prices has started hitting the roof knocking on $80 per barrel. We require no more excuses. The naira must appreciate similar to other oil producing countries around the world that their currency lost value.
Haba, Nigeria was not exporting much and was importing more and still paying subsidy with lower petrol at the pump price few years ago and dollar was stable at 140 to 150, pounds 250 for many years(forget it hitting 190 during the election period of 2015, it was going to fall back after politicians release their loot after elections).
The excuse was low oil prices before and then the devastation of corona where oil was valueless. Thank God it is going up and estimated to hit $100 per barrel soon.
Bottomline, Buhari should give is back dollar and pounds at how much he met it or at least close to.

1 Like

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Sincinnati: 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2021
FacelessKing:
For those earning in USD, the weaker the naira the better.

No I’m not patriotic, thank you.
That’s jot true. In fact, a very wrong assertion!

Prices of commodities in Nigeria will as well adjust to what the Naira lost.

Shebi those who earn in USD will exchange in Naira?
Also, ask those who earn in USD if they still buy Hungry man indomie noodles for N100 like they use to do when Naira was N200 to $1 early 2015.

On you think the CBN rate controls prices of Commodities in the market?

1 Like

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by CocoaOla: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Naira free fall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Polyglot7pointO: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mynd44:
https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/18/why-the-naira-is-now-gaining-against-the-dollar/
lol so even cbn now use threats to sustain the naira .. no qualms
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by LaIabobo: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
nedekid:

Oil prices has started hitting the roof knocking on $80 per barrel. We require no more excuses. The naira must appreciate similar to other oil producing countries around the world that their currency lost value.
Haba, Nigeria was not exporting much and was importing more and still paying subsidy with lower petrol at the pump price few years ago and dollar was stable at 140 to 150, pounds 250 for many years(forget it hitting 190 during the election period of 2015, it was going to fall back after politicians release their loot after elections).
The excuse was low oil prices before and then the devastation of corona where oil was valueless. Thank God it is going up and estimated to hit $100 per barrel soon.
Bottomline, Buhari should give is back dollar and pounds at how much he met it or at least close to.

Una Buhari don over borrow. The loan repayments is eating deep into our foreign earnings. Our foreign loan repayment bill is too high
Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by kumulus(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
Joke of the week...all major foreign currencies are shitting their pants against the dollar rn. Of all days to lie na today una con dey lie this kain lie, haba now!! Even gold is feeling the heat as I type, nonsense and Lai Mohammed

-Lloyd

**Attached is an image of the current price chart of the Greenback against the Loonie (USDCAD). This pair movement often can be used as a major indicator for the direction of oil as Canada is a key exporter of the black gold and their economy is hinged on the commodity. To think this is a screengrab I made less than 15minutes or thereabouts after initial post. What do this people take Nigerians for, fools??
Damn!

1 Like

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by Slynation(m): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
LaIabobo:
The CBN is struggling to meet forex demands of businesses.

Many large companies are still buying forex inflows at N515/USD and it'll continue to be this bad mainly because of our reduced foreign income and huge foreign loan repayment expenses.

We spend too much on importation and the country doesn't make that much forex anymore so there's pressure on the little dollars in circulation.

Same reason why CBN is luring our abroad brothers to send us dollars and they give us extra 5naira/USD incentive
Very useless and myopic leaders we have, after strift restrictions and blocking all necessary ways dollar can come in the country in the name of fighting yahoo...!! All I see was a case of misplaced priorities, now it's telling on the economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by TCD: 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
I dont understand what they mean by companies and individuals are buying inflows at 505. Can anyone please explain why its expensive?

My BDC aboki buys my inflows less thn market price, claiming its difficult to sell. So this man is cheating me?

2 Likes

Re: Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar by illicit(m): 3:30pm On Jun 18, 2021
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Completes The Installation Of All 18 Transformers (Photos) / Being Rich Is Not Easy (pictures) / Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.