Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others (1495 Views)

My Nigerian Childhood Friend Killed In South Africa Xenophobic Attack - Oyinbo / Warning Of A Possible Xenophobic Attack On Nigerians Monday Morning (tomorrow) / Xenophobic Attack: Expensive Cars Owned By Nigerians, Burnt By South Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by TruthHurts1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
ASouth African top advocate, Ike Khumalo, has been caught on camera inciting a crowd of South Africans in Soweto and asking them not to regard “fighting for one’s country” as xenophobic attacks.

SaharaReporters obtained a five-minute video where Khumalo was addressing the crowd and asking them to work together to solve the problem of foreigners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY1pMeUl07E

He said, “Yes, we are all Africans - that's what they say. But unfortunately, this African unity is not going to be here. They will show you that you are in a foreign land. I'm a South African. I'm not a tourist. We must cater for everyone. All these problems don't belong to any political party.

“In the past, you tell us we were not educated, but if you go to a hospital, you will have to queue; foreigners are everywhere.

“There are people who think this issue does not affect them because they are doctors, nurses. But go to every suburb, you have foreigners. I don't see anything xenophobic in fighting for your country.”

SaharaReporters had reported on Thursday that violent groups Wednesday led a protest in Soweto, South Africa, calling for the expulsion of foreigners and non-nationals which led to tension in the South African city.

SaharaReporters had learnt that the protest was tagged “Operation Dudula,” which saw violent groups calling for a protest against foreigners – a march which started at 8 am at a hall in the Diepkloof area of Soweto.

Posters encouraging violence were shared widely in the town, some of which were obtained by SaharaReporters, calling on non-nationals to leave the Soweto area before Wednesday, June 16.

It is not clear yet the steps South African authorities are taking on the matter, but the police were seen around the protesters trying to prevent them from breaking into people’s shops.

A local member of Operation Dudula, however, had claimed they were targeting criminals such as drug peddlers, cult members, and others.

Some other protesters claimed that they wanted “undocumented, immigrant business owners, to be removed from the area.”

Soweto is South Africa’s largest and most influential township, from where large xenophobic attacked originated in previous years.

A Nigerian lawyer based in South Africa had also confirmed the fresh protest in Soweto, saying since 2008, they have lived with the “ominous increase in xenophobic threats and attacks on an annual basis.”

The last pronounced wave of xenophobic attacks was around July 2019, when a Deputy Director-General of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria, Mrs. Elizabeth Ndubuisi, was murdered in her hotel room in South Africa, among other killings and violence.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/18/south-african-top-lawyer-incites-crowd-against-nigerians-other-african-nationals-fresh

Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Fahdiga1: 4:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Still his country. If you don't like it go and develop your country.

10 Likes

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Mokason288(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
And someone somewhere would come out and tell me

BLACK LIVES MATTER

BLACK’S KILL MORE BLACKS ALL OVER THE WORLD
MORE THAN THE RATE WHITES KILL BLACKS
OR WHITE KILL WHITE’s

Meanwhile inferiority complex will finish South Africans
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by TruthHurts1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Na wa o. Stay in your country and FULLANUS herdsmen, bandits, boko haram, one million boys, Eiye, will trouble you. Go abroad wahala go still follow you. E get as life be undecided
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Mokason288(m): 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Na wa o. Stay in your country and FULLANUS herdsmen, bandits, boko haram, one million boys, Eiye, will trouble you. Go abroad wahala go still follow you. E get as life be undecided
Is South Africa abroad

That means Ghana

Niger Republic

Cameroon is also Abroad

My friend carry your sorry ass to USA , Uk , Canada

2 Likes

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Reeses: 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
Seriously though I think it’s time they start chasing all of us abroad back home including me. If you can’t develop your own country you have no damn say in whatever decisions they take.

3 Likes

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Nuelito: 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Wahala no dey finish oh
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by TruthHurts1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Abroad literally means another country. What kind of demented semi illiterates are nigerian universities vomitting into society these days?
Mokason288:

Is South Africa abroad

That means Ghana

Niger Republic

Cameroon is also Abroad

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Rugaria: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2021
Poverty!
That's the problem!
Poverty turns neighbors against each other!
African doctors and engineers are not taking jobs from black South African doctors and engineers!
It's the reason the poor ones battle the foreigners..
Poverty!
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Blackfire(m): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
Africans the way we hate ourselves eeehh
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by SmartPolician: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mokason288:

Is South Africa abroad

That means Ghana

Niger Republic

Cameroon is also Abroad

Anything that is not your country is abroad. Unless you have your version of English that we don't know yet.

To the video now, we all cannot keep running away from this country and allow polticians to keep destroying it.

One of the most stupid things that has made us unproductive in this country is the desire to run away from this country. We keep running away from Nigeria to other lands that people made sacrifices to build.

There's no place like home. If you don't like what the guy is saying in the video, fix your country and stop running away like a coward.

4 Likes

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by UDUJ(m): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mokason288:

Is South Africa abroad

That means Ghana

Niger Republic

Cameroon is also Abroad

Abroad means a foreign country, so yes South Africa, Ghana even Benin Republic can be referred to as abroad.

It gets different when you say overseas which means foreign countries that are separated by large bodies of water like seas ( the Atlantic Ocean et Al), this is where countries like the US, Canada et Al can be referred to as overseas from a Nigerian standpoint.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:
Poverty!
That's the problem!
Poverty turns neighbors against each other!
African doctors and engineers are not taking jobs from black South African doctors and engineers!
It's the reason the poor ones battle the foreigners..
Poverty!

When did South africans claim foreign doctors were their problem ? grin. Doctors form part of the critical skills wanted in South Africa hence you never hear of foreign doctors being asked to leave. What we do not want is your petty traders ,beggers, drug dealers ,yahoo boys,fake pastors & cultists. Have you ever seen or heard South africans complaining about investors like Dangote ? Nope ,that's because he is a job creator here not a parasite .

You are correct poverty is an issue here ,unemployment is high, hence we dont want anymore poor people migrating here ,who will increase our problems .

1 Like

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2021
Stop lying ,the man didn't incite any attacks . He is saying poor migrants are a burden on our infrastructure; they pay no taxes and yet expect to be treated for free in our hospitals . They are creating slums near every suburb as they can't afford to pay rent in most places in South Africa. Our government is busy building houses for our poor people In an effort to get rid of slums in the country ,and some undocumented aliens are working against this effort,you cannot expect us not to be pissed .

South Africa needs real investors not leeches like petty traders who are not creating jobs nor paying tax ,but want to benefit from the sweat of South Africans ; free schooling ,free healthcare, roads ,water etc. Enough is enough!. Let everyone hold their own governments responsible, South Africa is not the United States of Africa.

1 Like

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Rugaria: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2021
Lionessza6:

When did South africans claim foreign doctors were their problem ? grin. Doctors form part of the critical skills wanted in South Africa hence you never hear of foreign doctors being asked to leave. What we do not want is your petty traders ,beggers, drug dealers ,yahoo boys,fake pastors & cultists. Have you ever seen or heard South africans complaining about investors like Dangote ? Nope ,that's because he is a job creator here not a parasite .

You are correct poverty is an issue here ,unemployment is high, hence we dont want anymore poor people migrating here ,who will increase our problems .

Struggling to understand what you are rambling about..
You agreed with my conclusions, so what's the noise all about?
Fake rapists, true pastors, bla bla bla.., how's that my fukcin business!?
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2021
TruthHurts1:

What you guys don't seem to understand is that every country has it's own issues ,so by running away to another country you're simply substituting your current challenges for new ones; you will still suffer grin. Running never solves anything.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Disclaimer12: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
grin
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Struggling to understand what you are rambling about..
You agreed with my conclusions, so what's the noise all about?
Fake rapists, true pastors, bla bla bla.., how's that my fukcin business!?

Lol, like I said ,there is no South african fighting skilled workers here as you insinuated . South Africans are pushing against leeches.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Rugaria: 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
Lionessza6:

Lol, like I said ,there is no South african fighting skilled workers here as you insinuated . South Africans are pushing against leeches.

Very nice!
We're on the same page on this..
Get rid of the leeches..
Just that you are not doing enough to get rid of your rampaging local rapists, violent carjackers and your swelling hiv quantity....
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
Rugaria:

Very nice!
We're on the same page on this..
Get rid of the leeches..
Just that you are not doing enough to get rid of your rampaging local rapists, violent carjackers and your swelling hiv quantity....

Lol, when we are done with the leeches then we will have enough space and time to deal with all our issues. I hope you guys will also work on reducing your violent savage criminals; ritualists ,child molesters ,cultists ,human traffickers & organ thieves. Talking about HIV ,I hope you guys will also join us in running many awareness campaigns,its not good to be the biggest producer of children with HIV,your future doesn't look so good here, especially since you guys have no reliable healthcare system .

Yes ,I think we're on the same page, everyone must face their own shytty countries . Goodluck to us all.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by PoloG: 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2021
I don't understand, is South Africa abroad? undecided
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
Blackfire:
Africans the way we hate ourselves eeehh

We must start loving each other in our respective countries first, then move on to regional intergration, and then the rest will follow. We cannot expect a tribalist who is chasing away fulanis in Nigeria to be loved and welcomed in Somalia. We cannot expect a tribalist killing other tribes in Ethiopia to be loved and respected in far away Zimbabwe. It doesn't work that way.

1 Like

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
PoloG:

I don't understand your question.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by UDUJ(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2021
PoloG:

Yes it is. We already explained in posts above. You can also go to Google if you still have doubts.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by PoloG: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2021
UDUJ:

Yes it is. We already explained in posts above. You can also go to Google if you still have doubts.
abroad to me is Europe or North America... Any other abroad is a counterfeit
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by PoloG: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
Lionessza6:

I don't understand your question.
i wasn't talking to you
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by UDUJ(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Still his country. If you don't like it go and develop your country.

Exactly. It's their country and they have every legal right to kick you out of their country if you are constituting a nuisance there by engaging in crimes like drugs, armed robbery, scamming et al which majority of some lowlifes are doing there.

You don't see them harassing the foreign medical doctors, engineers, geologists et Al ( and yes we have some Nigerians doing these jobs there peacefully ). Why leave your country and go into crime in another country?

1 Like

Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by Lionessza6(f): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
PoloG:
i wasn't talking to you

You posted a question on a public forum ,asking a question about my country ,so yes you were talking to me but you just didn't realise it wink.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by UDUJ(m): 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2021
PoloG:
abroad to me is Europe or North America... Any other abroad is a counterfeit

Suit yourself.
Re: South African Lawyer Incites Xenophobic Attack Against Nigerians, Others by PoloG: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
Lionessza6:

You posted a question on a public forum ,asking a question about my country ,so yes you were talking to me but you just didn't realise it wink.
this is not randland

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Enjoy Raping Old Women In The Farms, Serial Rapist Confesses / Why Are Some Nigerians Wicked ???? Price Of Indomie. / Catholic Nun Kidnapped And Gang Raped For A Week By Her Cousins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.