Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

What Was Your Pregnancy Like? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Was Your Pregnancy Like? (25561 Views)

Natural Ways To Check Your Pregnancy Status At Home / 12 Practical Ways On How To Hide Your Pregnancy For 9 Months / Xcash Anthony: Save The Baby - Before You Interrupt Your Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
NoToPile:
Baby 1
Smooth all through
Mettalic taste and cramps was the first sign of pregnancy even before missed period.
Had a small tommy, gave birth and people were asking if I was already due.
Went from about 55-60kg to 68-70kg.
Was not sick,just swollen feet and a bp around 148 in 3rd trimester and was controlled.

Baby 2
Mettalic taste was also first sign
My tommy was really long grin
I had cravings in this one, Conc ijebu garri was a major one, the Garri water had this effect I can't describe.
Retained some of the weight I gained after the first baby, so I went to around 75kg for this pregnancy.
Had swollen feet in 3rd trimester too but always resolved with raising my legs up.

Similarities
No major health incident during both.

Differences
2nd pregnancy was way bigger than first, 2nd baby was also slightly larger.
Had cravings in 2nd

Having children has helped me gain some weight, was a confirmed extra lepa. Was underweight at some point in Uni angry .

I have read about the metallic taste which many women experience but I haven't had it. Did it last long?
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ishilove:

This is Nigeria where the stress alone reduces life expectancy.

For sure. undecided

You must be very resilient to survive the every day madness.
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by NoToPile: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hathor5:

I have read about the metallic taste which many women experience but I haven't had it. Did it last long?

Nope, stopped after few weeks.
I think its one of the earliest signs for some women

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
NoToPile:

Nope, stopped after few weeks.
I think its one of the earliest signs for some women

That's what I heard too.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by zaynie(f): 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hathor5:

The way you people narrate your stories and even the not so pleasant parts makes me lol. smiley I already love this thread.

Baby 2 was the most troublesome pregnancy. I hope she or he is behaving now. grin

Did you gain a lot of weight in your 3rd pregnancy?

Baby 2 remains the drama queen amongst all 3.
She hasn't changed one bit cheesy

I actually lost a lot of weight in my 3rd pregnancy. I wore my pre-pregnancy clothes all through. I think I went down 2 dress sizes. Went from a size 18/20 to a size 14/16.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by zaynie(f): 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hathor5:

Mine lasts all through pregnancy.
Nutri C was always my go to. Couldn't drink water.
But it leaves about a week after having my babies.
It was worse in my first pregnancy, but subsequently I knew what to expect so e no too pepper me.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
zaynie:

Baby 2 remains the drama queen amongst all 3.
She hasn't changed one bit cheesy

I actually lost a lot of weight in my 3rd pregnancy. I wore my pre-pregnancy clothes all through. I think I went down 2 dress sizes. Went from a size 18/20 to a size 14/16.

Baby 2 did not even try to make a good impression at the beginning. cheesy She has been herself from the start. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by zaynie(f): 4:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
poshestmina:

Too cute and the smell ehhn... kiss kiss kiss abi Zaynie mama ,did you add extra love to the delivery because I was totally in love grin.

Rainbow dusts ni o grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Mekudi: 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2021
realtalk19:

The first pregnancy was smooth, little nausea with large appetite later on ,no cold water and beverage all through .i constantly kept a good hygiene and slayed well till I delivered. Took pregncare all through. I eventually had CS because I wasn't dilating after 7cm and baby was in distress. I healed very fast and baby was calm all through.

The second pregnancy started with serious itching and smelly vagina discharge which lasted till I delivered, I couldn't wear panties most time because of the hot, red and itching feeling. Despite the constant hygiene , antibiotics and all the infection didn't stop. I had lots of cramps and kicks, I felt tired most times but had a good appetite and ate healthy. I couldn't slay much, i used Obron 6 for a while and stopped at 8 months. I eventually had CS because I was in very active labour but wasn't dilating. It took me two months for my stitches to close up.

I only added 10kg for both pregnancy ,no swollen feet

For both pregnancies I enjoyed special attention from people,public places and given considerations. Since I was still schooling part time when I had my first baby ,I had my class colleagues helping me out with my child. It was fun.

Challenges for the first pregnancy was funds because I didn't plan for CS and it was a private standard hospital which was an emergency later on and my delivery bill sky rocketed beyond plan. I was delayed for a week till I was able to clear my bills. For my second I opted for general hospital which was okay in terms of fees but had lots of stress
with moving around, appointments, blood donation and crowded unhealthy ward I was kept in with noisy nurses.

Was the second pregnancy through CS , I'm asking cus i heard when a lady give birth to CS for the first birth that the future delivery will also be CS
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by realtalk19: 6:39am On Jul 18, 2021
Mekudi:

Was the second pregnancy through CS , I'm asking cus i heard when a lady give birth to CS for the first birth that the future delivery will also be CS
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by realtalk19: 6:45am On Jul 18, 2021
Mekudi:

Yes the second was also CS. In some cases There is VBAC(vagina birth after cesarian). Google to learn more. Some can also have a vagina delivery for your first and second pregnancies and end up with a cesarian on the third. Each pregnancy comes with its own challenges.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by debbydams(f): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ishilove:

Does this mean they were menstruating all through?
yes
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Ishilove: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
debbydams:
yes
But surely there must have been a change in the volume of flow, consistency and even colour of the discharge?
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by zaynie(f): 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mekudi:

My first was CS
The next 2 was VD

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Klass99(f): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Ezeanna: 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
It's funny how you asked a question and answered it by yourself in the same post grin

Anyway to answer your question, the parties concerned in the CS delivery i.e the expectant mother, the foetus and the concerned father do not look down on the delivery, they are rather hoping and praying for a successful outcome; any other party and their opinions don't matter.

Also, all those religious leaders that ask some gullible pregnant women to pray and reject CS are partly to be blamed; most educated/exposed women do not fall victims to this anyway.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Klass99(f): 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
smiley
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by olabrinks(f): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Pregnancy e no easy
Only get pregnant for a man you are married to
A man who can financial provide
A man who will help you or provide help for you
A man that will pay hospital fees with ease

If not, you will suffer

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by abimic(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
Bola146:
Let me sit here and enjoy the comments....
Make I bring pop corn
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by abimic(m): 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
I have this friend whose pregnancy didn't really affect her much while I have another, from the beginning till the end, na from one complain till the other, but unfortunately, her husband is abroad. Me no like too much stress o .. Make wifey pity us embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Pinkzebra: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
What did I enjoy about being pregnant ? Like seriously? Absolutely nothing! Pregnancy do take a toll on me , from conception till birth . Then the sleepless night when the baby won't sleep .
I keep telling people I am so done with pregnancy as if that will automatically just make pregnancy scared to catch me .
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Pinkzebra: 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
cococandy:

Being single doesn’t affect my reproductive system does it?

You are one hell of a crazy person, I like you , you know ?

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Bola146(f): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
abimic:

Make I bring pop corn

No wahala grin
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
abimic:
I have this friend whose pregnancy didn't really affect her much while I have another, from the beginning till the end, na from one complain till the other, but unfortunately, her husband is abroad. Me no like too much stress o .. Make wifey pity us embarassed

This is really unfortunate. A caring husband can help a great deal.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Hathor5(f): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pinkzebra:
What did I enjoy about being pregnant ? Like seriously? Absolutely nothing! Pregnancy do take a toll on me , from conception till birth . Then the sleepless night when the baby won't sleep .
I keep telling people I am so done with pregnancy as if that will automatically just make pregnancy scared to catch me .

All three trimesters equally bad? sad
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Preciousppearl(f): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
ImaIma1:
First three months was tough. Was hospitalized thrice. Constantly going to the hospital. Had to move in with my eldest sister. The vomiting was intense. It made me dehydrated and I had to be constantly admitted to be given drips.

At a point, I threw up everything till I started throwing up my saliva. I was so weak and I lost so much weight. No appetite. Couldn't drink water because it irritated me. Always hot internally. AC and fan were very important to me. I was always having saliva in my mouth.

But after I cross the first trimester, I was fine. No swollen feet, no big nose, I slept well, ate well, no saliva, better appetite. My tummy doesn't get so big, just compact and cute grin.
same here only I was never admitted Pretty small looking tummy and I had extra strength 2nd n 3rd trimester.
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Timekeeper: 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Why are there no guys here?

MJBOLT mrbrownjay1 Explorers nonut rubby1 sats Fastt htdot..

Oya men, make una come na grin
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Timekeeper: 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hathor5:

This is really unfortunate. A caring husband can help a great deal.

U don' born?
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Timekeeper: 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
olabrinks:
Pregnancy e no easy
Only get pregnant for a man you are married to
A man who can financial provide
A man who will help you or provide help for you
A man that will pay hospital fees with ease

If not, you will suffer

sad
Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:41am On Dec 05, 2021
Timekeeper:
MJBOLT mrbrownjay1 Explorers nonut rubby1 sats Fastt htdot..

lets be honest here:
- pregnancies are beautiful things, pregnant women "can be" a pain in the aass.
- as much as its hard work being around a pregnant woman, they are so beautiful in a magical way.
- their emotional ups and downs is something to have you think twice about whatever a pregnant women says/does
- the physical transformations/desires are one of a kind.. this 9 months life creation between two people is such a fantastic voyage. YES we men go through changes too.
- the sexual changes are mind boggling too (one baby mama became a squirter during pregnancy, never before or after)
- having a baby can be very stressful in some kind of way, but i hate to think of the nightmare it would be for people who have twins or more

quick facts..
1st time i went to ultrasound, i almost fainted
when my 1st child was born, i cried like i have never cried before
seeing a birth for the 1st time made me kinda go like eeeewww
...and whatever you do, dont hold your woman's hand during childbirth, lol!

all in all, a pregnancy is a fantastic experience to go through with a woman that you love.... going through it with a woman you dont know is a NIGHTMARE! (because all her mood swings and emotional rollercoaster will make you look at her like an insane person)

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
Timekeeper:

MJB OLT mrbrow njay1 Explore rs non ut rub by1 sat s F astt htd ot..

Come for what? undecided Because they are women that'll have experiences to share? Abi you're looking for people to come and invalidate the stories here and play logic?

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Pregnancy Like? by Bablosik: 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
My pregnancy was the best period of my life. I enjoyed how my body changes and manifest. I was happy, filled with joy, appetite, love for energy, motivation, and lots of love. I learned to understand my body and prepare for pregnancy and childbirth with https://courses.mother.com/courses/how-to-raise-happy-children-the-danish-way. I recommend it to all moms who think they cannot deal with babies or pregnancy. You are powerful, and you cannot imagine your strength. After this course, I made many mom friends, learned a lot of incredible things, and became more confident.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lassa: 4,400 Rats Killed In 6 Markets In Lagos / Male Contraceptive Nears Completion / Why White Spots Appear On Nails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.