Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before (31528 Views)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Bola146(f): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
biggy26:

Nigeria was good then. May God keep helping us.

Amen! There are still millions good people on this planet Nigeria. Just pray to God to meet one.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by victorVIC1(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
In 2014 a lady from Nairaland helped me got my first job. I only held that job for three months before I moved to a bigger one but I would always be grateful to her for being instrumental in my career lunch.

God bless you Joy

41 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by tayo60(f): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
It was during 2020 lockdown when things were very tight, to eat gan became so difficult. A stranger I didn't know just sent me a good sum of money from UK. God will continue to bless him wherever he is IJN.

21 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Afostev11(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
They stopped our company of our contract with millions uninformed, went to Delta to cool off my pains, bae break up the next morning saying I dont have money, went to warri to meet a friend just him to say sorry I cant stay with him. A stranger just walk up to me at shoprite and asked if i need help and I said yes, he took me home and lied to his mum I was his tutorial teacher and I was welcomed. he fed me, gave me a nice room just that tears were just flowing till dawn.... Daniel, I vowed to myself I will pay back you in hundred folds

63 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Bola146(f): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
oluwafeolami:

Amen.

I don’t know him but God be with him

Amen

1 Like

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Lamanii22(f): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
BrazilAirport:
I used to see slot of people getting help. I have helped alot of people too although not always monetary.

The way i see it, I think some of use are meant to help others. Those others too will help someone, somewhere, someday that will inturn affect us or our loved ones positively.

This world works in mysterious ways
I hope someone will help me too some day soon

You're right... I told my sister the same thing... I happen to fall in the category of helping others more than getting helped.... Maybe my help comes from God though cause I don't have a job and I have never begged... I still help in anyway I can....

18 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Cutehector(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
She bought me a plate of food worth 2500naira.. smiley Will never forget

And hungerbad(rip) paid for my houserent when he was alive. I miss you bro cry

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Godsown0: 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ellixlimswag:
I received airdrop from from ample forty worth millions crypto Na vibes sha
Baba any drop available? embarassed
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
This is currently happening right now. University of Ibadan finally resumed on the 6th of June, 2021, but here's the catch; I'm from Delta State and I knew absolutely nobody there (and before you ask me why I chose to attend a university in a state I knew nobody, my desired course isn't currently available in many Nigerian Universities).

I had already paid for hostel accommodation as soon as the portal opened (which was 2days before resumption) but I wasn't going to get a room just yet so accomodation became a huge challenge.

Lucky for me, my classmate had a relative who she could stay with, we would have stayed together but the house is very far from the school so it would have been a major inconvenience. However, the relative (her uncle) once stayed with a family, and due to his good behavior, he was able to flow with the father, who was also the landlord.

Note that the man and his family do not know me at all. The uncle begged the landlord to accommodate me in the mean time, before I settle in school. He was very sceptical because a stranger had earlier lived with him on a similar situation but was stealing from him.

After close to an hour of begging and vouching for me (the uncle also didn't know me at all), he decided to allow me stay in one of his rooms for free!

Apart from that, his wife gives me food, his son sometimes helps me with bathing water– I never imagined human beings could be so nice and warm. I promised myself not to let him regret letting me in!

Oh, did I also forget to mention that I'm currently staying for free in a room he could have rented out?

I'm about to move to my hostel and I'll always be grateful to this family for their kindness. Yoruba people rule!

55 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ayo2004:
I was walking jejely on the road when a women came into view in her Benz..she told me that I am handsome and she would like to date me.That same day,she gave me 2million naira
The rest is history cheesy

Ayooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Stopppppppppppp

2 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Lamanii22(f): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
eliyonvibes:
Allowing me stay with them in their 2bedroom flat back then without knowing any of my family members , but now I've successfully bought a land for the family

Awwww how kind of you.... God bless your heart

5 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by symbianDON(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
1. Got to a city I wasn't used to quite late at night. A complete stranger I had only just met accommodated me for the night.
2. Was driving along a deserted highway when I had a blown tire. My spare had gone flat in the trunk so it was useless to me. I was standing nearly stranded when out of the blues, this young man rode to me on his motorbike and offered assistance. Though I was kinda apprehensive but I hadn't any further choice than to accept his gesture. He took me on a ride through the bushes till we got to his village where I was able to purchase a used tire that I used till I got to the next city.
3. I was on my way back to abuja via lagos from Republic of Benin with the intention of taking the night bus from lagos to abuja. Unfortunately, I got to the park a few minutes before the bus was due to leave as a result of delays at the border. Upon arriving at the park, I realised that the fares had gone up (it was December) and I was short of money to pay. They were just two seats left and it wasn't possible for me to get cash from anywhere close by. As I was contemplating my situation, an intending passenger came along and as he paid his fare, he observed me and asked what the matter was. I explained myself to him. Without further ado, he paid the complete fare for me!! I was short of words at his kindness!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Ngenge(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
A stranger gave me a ride in his vehicle to the hospital the day after my wife gave birth. I went to buy juice,a carton of wine and packs of canned malt for the hospital MD, some doctors and other nurses respectively. I had just alighted from the bus and was contemplating how I will carry my load to the hospital because there was no wheel barrow or truck pusher in that area. I was also looking for someone to keep the drinks with as I carry them in batches. Immediately I lift the first batch to cross the road, the man asked if I was going to Vaden hospital and I said "yes", he told me to put all in his booth and drove me to that place. I was surprisingly astonished and thanked him for his benevolence

22 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Godsown0: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Dagger111:
There was day i was coming to Lagos on leave, so it was an election time in Lagos and no movement. All vehs av to stop at Begger. So as a security personnel, i came down from the commercial bus and moved 2wards to securities on guard, i talked to them, and was told to pass with my veh. A man sighted me and talked to me that i should come inside his car cos he will be having an appointment with MTN officials and he need to make timing. I succumbed and took 2 vehs pass. I got to his house and was abt to continue my movement. He then asked, can i drive? I said yes, then he said i should go home with his car cos he av other cars and i can return it any day in 3 days time. I refused be he couldn't listened too, he insisted i take d car home. So i did and brought it back same day. He was so glad, he tuk me in and told his maid to prepare lunch for me and i also left his house with some cash. God bless you sir, i really do appreciate you.
Kindness dey sweet if na between two well-to-do
God bless you for returning the car

10 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Mckeni007: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
A woman visited my village I greeted her well, she asked me if I'm done with school I told her yes, few months later I was called to go and pick my appointment letter in a federal agency, what God cannot do doesn't exist

46 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Nezzjnr: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ayo2004:
I was walking jejely on the road when a women came into view in her Benz..she told me that I am handsome and she would like to date me.That same day,she gave me 2million naira
The rest is history cheesy
Are we babies here

4 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by tlurdy: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Someone i didnt know pick me at airport and take me to his house and accomodate me for two month for free..

3 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Toks2008(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hmmmmm!

My own deep gan.

3 strangers for that matter but what they did is a story for another day.

I pray your angelic strangers visit you...

5 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by ike6: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
My story is short. The kindest thing I've received this month is the
GLO UNLIMITED DATA CHEAT available ...*

For just *#2000*

Works perfectly for android only.

Browse and download without limits.

WITHOUT LIMITS

ALL THE FVCKING TIME

Make payments and send the proof of payment and send a dm to
https:///<07011324873>

I'll send the files to you and walk you through the setup.

Bank Name: ACCESS Bank
Account Name: Ikenna mgb...
Account Number: 0693561219
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by alamin0506(m): 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
They are angels to me,

Got my way into the university through a stranger, Tried all my possible means to see her just to to say thanks, but she no get my time, Just like "O boy you don't need all that, I've played a role in your life, you go do the rest and make me and the society proud"

Barely a month after Youth coup, got my dream job through a stranger, who seems not to care about what he did, more like " O boy you don't need all that, I've played my role, Go make me and the society proud" I was able to see him after a year and he is more like a God Father.

My prayers daily are with these individuals.

35 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by brosom(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:
I was serving in Benin then when my 2 friends and I were stranded by the road side looking for whom to pick us from the bush where the public bus got fault. A man came to pick us, we thought he would just drop us to any nearby pack, he said he is going to my town in Osun state ( omo see how happy I was inside AC shinning teeth grin grin) he dropped two of my friends at Ondo, he took me to my door step. God bless him wherever he is now
Talk true, shey u collact am for number? grin
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by shesawesome(f): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Let me think and modify later
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Image123(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
He died for me, without me ever knowing Him before. Thank You Jesus Christ.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Whiteball(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Two things that really touched me .
1.I sent someone to help me get some stuff gave him 200k cash ,he misplaced d money somewhere 3weeks later!!! a stranger found d money and returned it all! It was so strange to me but yes he returned it.
2. Along Benin (aduwawa)-Auchi road many years back I was rescued by a stranger from ritualist. It's a story am willing to share someday on naira land .. Can't forget that day in a hurry .Nigeria and Brazil had a friendly match at Abuja stadium (Ronaldinho and the likes) it ended 3-0 in favor of Brazil. Indomie children 'cannot can'.

10 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Bhadmus7: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ellixlimswag:
I received airdrop from from ample forty worth millions crypto Na vibes sha
Is it carlive?
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by blazepascal(m): 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
Always be humble when you help people don't show off or be proud.

10 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Bola146(f): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
brosom:
Talk true, shey u collact am for number? grin

No cheesy
Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Lawalemi(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Coming from Ghana and stranded at Agbara at night. A stranger gave me a lift to his house and became my friend afterwards

2 Likes

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by DimkpaEnugu: 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
All u guys are saying are lies... No one stranger has helped me before , even my own relations have not helped me before... people are very wicked.. l have been good to people but they use bad to pay me back. Someone l helped got a work made me lose my work . let me talk no more on this and no body should give any lies again here about how strangers help them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by Dagger111(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
Godsown0:

Kindness dey sweet if na between two well-to-do
God bless you for returning the car

Amen o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before by brosom(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bola146:

No cheesy
hmmm, unlike our 9ja babes shocked

Ok ooo wink

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.