Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot (26099 Views)

Top 5 Countries That Do Not Celebrate Christmas, No. 2 Surprises Many / Justice Mary Odili To Become No 2 At Supreme Court, But May Never Be CJN / Chairles Obi Odili: There Is No ₦2.3 Billion NDDC Bridge At Elebele, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Workch: 8:07am On Jun 21, 2021
post=102934475:

How do I care with propaganda without credibility.

Anambra is second commercial after Lagos

Anambra ranked third in numbers of commercial banks After Lagos and Abuja

ranked second in Micro finance banks after Lagos followed by your big for nothing state Oyo, Anambra top your states in GDP is measures economy that's the point not your Lagos/Ibadan rubbish
Below are credible source
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/OUT/2011/PUBLICATIONS/STATISTICS/2010/PartA/PartA.html

https://www.proshareng.com/news/REGULATORS/The-List-of-882-CBN-Licensed-
Microfinance-Banks-in-Nigeria-As-At-Sept-30--2018/42497
Its better not to deceive yourself grin

You dug up 2009 figures to please your Anambraic ego

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Broveens42(m): 8:08am On Jun 21, 2021
2003 report still stands if the slums in sophisticated west are yet to be demolished. grin
It's just 2003 make una no make like 1895 report
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Broveens42(m): 8:09am On Jun 21, 2021
See what sophisticated west is celebrating about. Start up capitals at 0.68 to 4points
In case you don't know it's as good as nothing
Lwkmd
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Broveens42(m): 8:09am On Jun 21, 2021
Even China will see this comments and laugh hard
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by KingOdart(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2021
post=102860413:

Cities of the richest tribe in Nigeria according to Afonja media Ibadan branch grin grin

Osogbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qlnwfTkZFQ

Akure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5AHPjQUM8k

Ekiti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1VW1ntAHM8

Abeokuta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnDCVOaIX4I

Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUYY2Ur8z0

These are citizens one can confidently say was built by by Yorubas
grin grin grin

These are also You tube videos of Ibadan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftA8UOWBR2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZ1R_VhqmE

1 Like

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:12am On Jun 21, 2021
Taye4j:

If it were an aboki that is writing this, I wouldn't have responded. I expect you as an Igbo guy to be slightly above our aboki brothers from the North. How the number of micro finance banks and the number of banks in a particular state correlate with the development of the state is still a mystery.

Stop exposing your hatred and bigotry online; it sucks.

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by kay29000(m): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2021
Seunfretty:
You know most times I just laff wen I see threads like this and people bashing Ibadan calling the city a slum am so many other words.....first and foremost let me say ave been to many cities in Nigeria even the northern part ,.Ibadan ofcourse has so many ancient building and places i must be sincere ...the brown roof u pple always google here and post is actually true ...but have u asked urself why ..this city is older than 80% of any other city in Nigeria ...it dated back to 100 of years and it will take a while and lot to bring down dose thousands of structures ...so it always be there ....but that place u call slum is just about 30% of Ibadan....the other places in the city will house almost double of each city in the east ....and in terms of development is still far more superior than 70% percent of the cities in Nigeria....YES U HEARD ME!!...most of u shouting slums have never really been to Ibadan ...from challenge to mokola..and UI alone is the whole of the place you pple call city in some states...and Ibadan has so much road network and routes so modern u will drive around and get tired ...IBADAN is no mate to so many cities except maib Lagos and abuja

You have said it all.
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Broveens42(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Seunfretty:
You know most times I just laff wen I see threads like this and people bashing Ibadan calling the city a slum am so many other words.....first and foremost let me say ave been to many cities in Nigeria even the northern part ,.Ibadan ofcourse has so many ancient building and places i must be sincere ...the brown roof u pple always google here and post is actually true ...but have u asked urself why ..this city is older than 80% of any other city in Nigeria ...it dated back to 100 of years and it will take a while and lot to bring down dose thousands of structures ...so it always be there ....but that place u call slum is just about 30% of Ibadan....the other places in the city will house almost double of each city in the east ....and in terms of development is still far more superior than 70% percent of the cities in Nigeria....YES U HEARD ME!!...most of u shouting slums have never really been to Ibadan ...from challenge to mokola..and UI alone is the whole of the place you pple call city in some states...and Ibadan has so much road network and routes so modern u will drive around and get tired ...IBADAN is no mate to so many cities except maib Lagos and abuja

This one na long sermon. Every region get old houses even in London. But the organisation of the environment and structures should stand out. Even the good places I have been in IB just get good houses without proper planning and that is not befitting of a city.. QED
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Broveens42(m): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2021
Even oguta village in imo state is well planned

1 Like

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Carlyboi(m): 8:35am On Jun 21, 2021
Broveens42:

This one na long sermon. Every region get old houses even in London. But the organisation of the environment and structures should stand out. Even the good places I have been in IB just get good houses without proper planning and that is not befitting of a city.. QED

It’s not well planned?coming from someone who has probably been to 30% of the places or areas in Ibadan!You are comparing some oguta or whatever this is very clownish!
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by KingOdart(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2021
post=102934948:

Feed your eyes compare with your slum city

Anambra state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xuh2JviB2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWh-M2CO2Dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2pmSlVqDwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L03lP-YE-j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOdCojmiJ5c

There are also better looking video of Ibadan out there

Ibadan is almost as big as Anambra state, is the whole Anambra developed?

All the cities you listed are just like streets in Ibadan

South East is so tiny but still not better in development than other regions that have more landmass to cover

With how tiny South East is even if you are being marginalize your region should be the most developed.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Carlyboi(m): 8:42am On Jun 21, 2021
If you don’t know much or your knowledge of the city of Ibadan is limited it’s better you keep your mouth shut talking figuratively and keep your fingers and thumb of your keypad Ibadan is still the largest city in west Africa and Top 5 largest city in the whole of Africa.
Let that sink in before you make an unintelligent comment and uninformed opinion.
Socio-economic development is not the presence of high-rise buildings or the absence of brown-roofs the index for calculating or determining the development of a city goes way beyond the colors of a roof.

Ibadan has it’s all and she’s on a way higher level than most of your mushroom cities!Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by MENELIIK: 8:43am On Jun 21, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Absolutely!

Southwest leads in;

SKULL MINING

Yes, although behind Clifford Orji, the Osu cannibal-in chief

1 Like

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:44am On Jun 21, 2021
KingOdart:

There are also better looking video of Ibadan out there

Ibadan is almost as big as Anambra state, is the whole Anambra developed?

All the cities you listed are just like streets in Ibadan

South East is so tiny but still not better in development than other regions that have more landmass to cover

With how tiny South East is even if you are being marginalize your region should be the most developed.

Ibadan is world largest slum city

Your big for nothing Oyo is five states below Anambra state in Economy, fact you ranting here can't change

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by sophxx: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2021
Kimjongun:

Na Igbo people get Ibadan na, go challenge, go monlete na we dey run things for there
Ok. Ndi developers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by KingOdart(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2021
post=102935610:

Your big for nothing Oyo is five states below Anambra state in Economy, fact you ranting here can't change

Keep deceiving yourself

You are still wanking on 2017 statistics that can not even be deem reliable, dude we are in 2021

Oyo state also generates more money than all 5 small for nothing South East states, fact your ranting cannot also change.

This is also video of Anambra state, I thought you guys don't have any brown roof in your region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWMCjWRMFNE

Your region is so tiny but you guys are still struggling to develop it, imagine if Yoruba were the one in the East it would have been more developed than it currently is

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Boudiccao: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
OutOfContext:
Waiting for with his IPOB statistics grin

It depends on what exactly you want him to say. Lagos is a melting pot of Nigerians who have all contributed to it's growth and development so it's hardly a Yoruba achievement.
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Fahdiga1: 9:12am On Jun 21, 2021
danilmo:

Is this truly u fahdiga Like u praised Tinubu puppet grin

Ok shaa complete ur article with ( Lagos would have been the top only if Tinubu will allow him) grin

How can u wake up in the morning without bad-mouting Tinubu. Surprising. shocked
I am a patriot bro.. I want the best for my country
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by mimilogistics: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2021
Thank God we are part of this great news.

Mimilogs Nigeria aka Mimi Logistics have been helping to make ecommerce business smooth and profitable for Nigerians, with a special focus on Nigerian youths.

Download our Android mobile App on playstore....search for "Mimilogs" and enjoy easy importation and reselling of RMB and much more,.
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Jeetech01(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2021
A good development
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:
Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, Ibadan What?

I hope human organ harvesting and skull mining wasn't calibrated into the data because skull mining has become a stock-in-trade in that part of the country.ENEMY of progress...E PAIN am...lol!

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Jeetech01(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2021
Them try
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Workch: 9:34am On Jun 21, 2021
post=102935610:

I have visited every part of the eastern cities for sales meetings and from what I can see, Enugu and Owerri are the best.

I don’t know why Anambra people like making up stuffs that are non-existent. Awka is a small town and Onitsha is just a large market with two major expressways.

Enugu is in the news after Abuja and Port harcourt and we haven’t heard any noise from them. Only Anambra people

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by King44(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Truly Sanwo-olu is working and we Lagosians are happy. I implore him to do more about the dirtiness of the city because all the nooks and crannies of Lagos are littered with dirt making it difficult to breathe fresh air. Lagos for show
Na sanwo olu create or inspire idea.... Or people who saw problems and tried to solve them.
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Princedapace(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2021
Taye4j:

I like your write-up, but I beg to differ on the latter part of your message. Some states get revenues from the FG plus their IGR. Infact, what some States command as income surpass what some countries in Africa generate.

Until our state governors become proactive and begin to judiciously use what accrues to the state, even if they are given Lagos to govern, there won't be an appreciable improvement.

Also, another factor limiting most states is the Constitution. Until some items are removed from the exclusive list of the FG and states are empowered to control their resources, we will always remain on a spot.

Yea, our constitution is bad.. And pls, no state is as rich as Lagos in Nigeria. In fact, lagos makes in a month is more than what more than 70 percent of the entire states make. Like I said, Nigeria is faulty in her structure which is very bad.

u cant compare the commercial hub of any country with other states or cities in that country. In every country, there is always a commercial hub. From south africa, to Egypt, to Russia, to china, usa, uk, etc. Lagos is our commercial hub and houses over 90 percent of business operational bases, the major clearing and fowarding point of Nigeria, the major source to enter and exist Nigeria. If u want to leave Nigeria, u either in Lagos or Abuja. So, these two cities will top. Abuja would have done same but just that Abuja was designed as a FG sit of power while Lagos continued as commercial hub. Lagos will always top all states in Nigeria until maybe our structure is changed. Nigeria is even made up of three major nations.It is like the destiny of the three major nations controlled in Lagos. lol

Lagos is super rich
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Moorish: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2021
Yoruba vs Igbo everyday

We are all Africans.

This is not even healthy competition because you wish evil for each other.

If Igbo should rise Yoruba will benefit

If Yoruba should rise Igbo will benefit

How old are these people who stay online hating another tribe while their mates are CEOs of their own companies, making partnerships all over the globe

You clannish inbreds

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2021
Workch:
I have visited every part of the eastern cities for sales meetings and from what I can see, Enugu and Owerri are the best.

I don’t know why Anambra people like making up stuffs that are non-existent. Awka is a small town and Onitsha is just a large market with two major expressways.

Enugu is in the news after Abuja and Port harcourt and we haven’t heard any noise from them. Only Anambra people
You are ignorant, Onitsha metro comprises of many towns and locals, Onitsha have commercial, industrial and residential areas, Onitsha industrial estate is not located in Onitsha but Ogbaru which is Onitsha sub, Obosi is different town from Onitsha, Nkpor, Ogidi, Ogbunike, Nkwelle , Oba and umunya are all different towns and lgs, non natives now call refer these towns Onitsha, the towns each are bigger than Onitsha

Below is one of the industrial estate in Ogbaru Onitsha sub many don't know this location exist, people will know more about this location once second niger bridge is completed because the new road trespass through the estate. if truly you have visited east I don't need to be argu with you, you should have seen things youself

Below is Industrial estate in Ogbaru Onitsha sub

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hausa Traders, Soldiers Clash In Mile 12 / 2019: Inside Pdp’s Plans To Topple APC / Benue Govt. Reacts To Apostle Johnson Suleman's Donation Of N5m To The State IDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.