Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained (27747 Views)

Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise / US Threatens Sanctions Against Officials In Tigray Conflict / Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Houseofglam7(f): 11:24am On Jun 19, 2021
cry
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by sulaak(m): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
I just pray Nigeria do not witness this soon war

Prayers can not save Nigeria if a president undermines the federal system of government.

Why did this lead to the current conflict?
The TPLF, which remained in power in Tigray, saw Abiy’s centralising “pan-Ethiopian” politics as undermining the country’s federal system and its delicate ethnic balance. Abiy, in turn, accused the Tigrayans of brazenly defying the authority of central government – notably by holding elections in September despite a national postponement initiated on account of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by ukpahu(m): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2021
War is coming soon be very ready
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Jackson105: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The CHESTBEATERs and Ipob messengers Love War.

Yoruba people and northern people should be ready for igbo refugees in the future.

A
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Patrioticman007(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:

You mean dotians republic ?.
Imagine the Republic is as small that Borno state alone is larger than it, just like Tigray that are mouth that they will end the majority.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by IPIGSRMUMUS: 11:27am On Jun 19, 2021
[[s]quote author=PeaceforNigeria post=102875480]

Another DUMB head slammer who thinks that this is 1967. You are on your own this time around. Its everybody against juhadists.[/quote][/s]

Too many delusional reta@ded brainwashed IPIG terrorist monkeys on NL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by IPIGSRMUMUS: 11:27am On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of every country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo

Nigerian's problem right now is in the SADEAST.

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Monogamy: 11:29am On Jun 19, 2021
That's one lesson northerners are not learning from..

Tigray people used to be like Northern Nigeria in Ethiopia until...

6 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
we won't by the will of the Almighty. We just need honest citizens and honest leaders....

That I most chop my share is why Nigeria is still where it is...

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:
And some deluded idiots like Julius Malema think it's possible to unite Africa without 1st fixing each nation undecided. They think getting rid of the borders will automatically make everyone peaceful,really ?.
Lol.. are you South African?
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Ogaonos: 11:31am On Jun 19, 2021
marvelphysics:

link: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/other/what-is-happening-in-tigray-ethiopia-s-brutal-civil-war-explained/ar-AALbBDS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
African leaders( sometimes feel we African men can't control money Nd power it control us) this matter na simple thing so far d militia group are nt motivated by religion.no be jux to set amnesty for them Nd declare d tigray d region state of emergency on federal project like all highways,in d region be developed.fed.sch Nd hospital.d matter Neva end

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by armadeo(m): 11:32am On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:

Some clowns are always beating the drums of war.

It's not a pleasant thing and the aftermath may take decades to clean up.

Say no to war!!!

5 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Ewedegubbler: 11:33am On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of every country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo

Because Satan resides in the mountains of the north according to the holy book

That’s why you have
Satan of Sokoto north
Isis north
Boko haraam north
Bububari North
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by emmnprince(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2021
Oh mama Africa!

When there is inequality & no justice, crisis/war is inevitable. And during war, expect the unexpectables! Human life is reduced to nothing!

“Ethiopian and Eritrean troops have been accused of using rape as a weapon of war. “Rape is starting at the age of eight and to the age of 72,” an Ethiopian nun told The Guardian. “It is so widespread, I go on seeing it everywhere... This rape is in public, in front of family, husbands, in front of everyone.” Finally, fields, food stores and irrigation systems have also been destroyed.”
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Ethiopia and Nigeria have one thing in common. Islam vs christain.

the oromo people are Muslims, they are the majority.

while the Tigray are christains, they are like a dot in a circle.

so the oromo president Abiy Ahmed decided to talk to them in a language they would understand. he turned off internet service in the region since the war started.

They don't have state, they have region, based on the tribe. the Tigray were the minority ruling a Muslim majority tribe.

The Amhara and the oromo people have a common enemy . they have decided to commit a genocide by wiping off the Tigray people.
If this story is true......I can't help but wonder why Christians and Muslims can't leave in oeace? Why tribes can put understanding before sentiment..

This is sad!!
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by mmsen: 11:36am On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:
And some deluded idiots like Julius Malema think it's possible to unite Africa without 1st fixing each nation undecided. They think getting rid of the borders will automatically make everyone peaceful,really ?.

It will help dilute a lot of the petty, tribalistic nonsense that Africans seem privy to if there is more movement between places and a realization that the differences are relatively minor.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Elock1: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The CHESTBEATERs and Ipob messengers Love War.

Yoruba people and northern people should be ready for igbo refugees in the future.
has it not been referendum we have been asking for?
Why change the narrative?

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by mmsen: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:

It's the African Sahel where people had to fend off Arabs and Islamized Africans. The people in that region subsequently acquired some very unhealthy survival habits that they have tried to push onto the rest of the continent.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Princedapace(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:

Exactly, I said this on my post that first, Africans need to fix their ethnic rationality. No major ethnic group will be happy to be dominated. It is like the French dominating the English or the Scotish. This will surely cause war.

I read about the UK union of 4 nations and I was amazed at the contents that I read. The Scotish were a bit scared of joining the union at first becus they didnt want to be dominated by the English. But a proper system was put in place to reduce this. That is why the nations that make up the UK have their own culture, religion, national identity and even national sporting teams. It is a global fear: ethnic domination is a global fear and the best thing to do is to run a system that will not give any major ethnic group opportunity to dominate others. Buhari could have pushed us into war becus he came in with complete ethnic bias in place and pushed his tribe to rule over others in Nigeria.

Things like this can cause war in a fragile country like Nigeria. Africa will never know peace if she doesnt run a political system that grants major ethic groups complete national identity, same as minor ethnic group. The current prime minister of Ethiopa caused this rubbish. He came in with ethnic domination mindset. I dont know what is wrong with blacks. It was later that I read and understood the type of agreement Monaco has with France. That is it. Let nation building be based on agreement that can be reviewed and let these ethnic groups enjoy political national identity. Europe did a great job in managing their ethnicity, especially, western Europe and that is why u see peace and stability there. They used to fight before and the wars were mainly all about ethnic domination.

Africans dont want to hear the truth. We need to grant ethnic groups national identity to help grow Africa. Look at this war in Ethiopia will take another 30 years to fix. This is why Africa is so backward. Sudan fought war for 28 years to free south sudan. Come on, why all these madness? come on, Africa. What is all these?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Jeromejnr(m): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2021
Benekkk:
Sadly, the world doesn't seem to care! Myanmar, Cameroon, Ethiopia etc, etc.

Yes, they only care if you ban Twitter.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by fasa199(m): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2021
Why always the North

Tigray, Ethiopia’s northernmost region, has often been a focal point for disputes. It is home to seven million people out of Ethiopia’s 112 million: Tigrayans are the nation’s third largest ethnic group (the two largest, the Oromo and the Amhara, make up more than 60%). They have a strong local Orthodox Christian identity, and a strong sense of grievance against central government.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:43am On Jun 19, 2021
Benekkk:
Sadly, the world doesn't seem to care! Myanmar, Cameroon, Ethiopia etc, etc.

You have to care for yourself first for the world to care for you.

So sad a state of things at the moment
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2021
SLOVFO:
IPOB should take note. If you don't have what it takes to win a war. Don't start it! Many are counting on the intervention of foreign bodies should armed conflicts arise in Nigeria. But from the look of things nobody is interested in that. The most USA et al would do is to place a kind of sanction on Nigeria or any other part of the country that's having an upper hand in the conflict.

o
my brother war between biafra and nigeria 2021 will be very different from 1967 ooo

one is Northerners will not get the support of yoruba or edo even middle belt self will join biafra

fulani don show us pepper we don wise!

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by OneKinGuy(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Mozegee: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2021
It is written in the Bible. They are children of Ishmael.
godwinkessi:
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by sapientia(m): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2021
Toothless AU

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Ethiopia and Nigeria have one thing in common. Islam vs christain.

the oromo people are Muslims, they are the majority.

while the Tigray are christains, they are like a dot in a circle.

so the oromo president Abiy Ahmed decided to talk to them in a language they would understand. he turned off internet service in the region since the war started.

They don't have state, they have region, based on the tribe. the Tigray were the minority ruling a Muslim majority tribe.

The Amhara and the oromo people have a common enemy . they have decided to commit a genocide by wiping off the Tigray people.

The Oromo are 55% muslim , 40 % Christian and the rest traditonalist

However most of the christians and Muslims follow traditionalist beliefs on the side especially the rural dwellers.

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2021
Mozegee:
It is written in the Bible. They are children of Ishmael.

Ethiopians are Hamites , and some are descendants of Cush.

No Ishmaelite blood in them.

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by realstars: 11:51am On Jun 19, 2021
Jah Rastarfari Bless Jah People.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Netherlands Probes 'illegal' Chinese Police Stations / Egypt Devalues Its Pound, Loses Over 50% Against US Dollars / Donald Trump: "Our Historic Movement Has Only Just Begun"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.