Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

How To Deal With An Angry Boss - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Deal With An Angry Boss (13359 Views)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / How To Deal With Resume Immediately Vs 1 Month Notice / 5 Ways To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
brosom:
Also put Him/her in prayers, for sometimes it's not really them attacking u, but a personality of a spirit in them using them to frustrate u.

Sometimes we should think beyond human.

So sometimes when they're praising you....it's that same spirit that might be praising you too

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by OneNigeria1: 1:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
mehnnn this just gave me some guidelines am facing a paranoid,rude and old boss here that feels he knows everything and literally he is just an old fool kicked out of priesthood for rape charges mehnnn lemme use this ur technique first

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
I advice you not to try this in Nigeria ,except you have made up your mind to resign. I manage a couple of people and the only time I yell at them is when they are not performing and once management yell at me they also have to feel the heat. No be say we wicked naturally
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by kalu61(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
inumidun2010:
I Dont want a FEMALE BOSS again... It's too TIRING... she go dey put mouth inside wetin no concern her... Abi which one is " WHEN DID YOU COME TO LAGOS THAT YOU NOW HAVE A GIRLFRIEND"...
That may be sign of admiration grin
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Buffalo2(m): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
OP is writing from outside naija I am sure
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by shesawesome(f): 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
If I ask my boss what do you mean? Na sack letter be that

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Itisallright: 1:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
shocked
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Freelane33(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
GRIN GRIN grin grin grin
inumidun2010:
I Dont want a FEMALE BOSS again... It's too TIRING... she go dey put mouth inside wetin no concern her... Abi which one is " WHEN DID YOU COME TO LAGOS THAT YOU NOW HAVE A GIRLFRIEND"...
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by olamoses75(m): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Once you start questioning ur angry boss like this, you're playing with ur job.

Don't try this in this Buhari regime, else you're a gunner!

Try and understand the angry boss and make some calculative moves to get him/her in check.
so, because we're now in Buhari's regime we shouldn't voice out when we're been yelled at or threatened? That's a sign of low self esteem. My boss needs my service that's why he employed me, while I also need the cash. So, nobody is helping anyone here. As long as he/she is not giving me free money, if my boss slaps me, I will return the slap. I might lose the job, but I will be helping the next person he/she employ.

7 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by EdoFirstBorn(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
Too many stupid topics on front-page these days

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
richmond500:
As a boss, its wrong to shout at ur workers.
The best ways to get them to work is to always praise them in the little effort they make.

They will go out of their ways to make u see that they are working better than u give them credit for, humans love it when their effort is appreciated, it gives them strength and confidence to reach greater heights

You're right bro. I was an apprentice 4 a guy who nags like a woman. He only sees ur mistake and no matter what u do right he never appreciate the effort. It got to a point that I was lied against and it dawned on me that I had to leave the place. I left last two weeks and I'm enjoying my work with someone else now

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Hespee93: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
inumidun2010:

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by DriveByKiller: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde

The next time you are being yelled at or criticized, ask them “what do you mean? are you not happy with what I did or may be with how I did it?”
You are forcing them to actually explain to you what do they want. This is the first step of negotiation.

Oh, sorry, I didn’t mention it before. It is all about negotiation and them yelling at you is a tactic for you doing whatever they want. In this particular case I assume that they want you to acknowledge that they are stronger, better, superior, whatever. It is all about ego. You on the other hand, do not want to be yelled at, bullied or otherwise abused.
So, by asking them what do they mean, you are defusing the situation. when yelled at, we tend to react emotionally but when you are asking a question, you are taking control over a situation since you are creating a dialog and not a yelling/criticism interaction.

SO, you start with a question - “what do you mean?” and then you should receive an answer since the question is based on your constructive desire to be a better employee, right? If you get some response like “you are too slow, you should work faster!” Ask them for guidance - “How would I do that?” Or “How would you suggest me to do that?”. At this point, I am sure that you will have a much more calmer boss and a little bit more control over the situation. Who knows, they may even understand that being quite and “introvert” is not the same as stupid and spineless.

Introverts, are more focused, more creative and usually, have greater self confidence and esteem. People are challenged by introverted people and thus have trouble with them sometimes. It is their problem, not yours.

Shared from Bogger.

Tell us how you control your Boss anger?
never seen a dumber thread hit front page than this one pretending to be smart.

So you wrote a piece to heal the hurts of introverts and pretend it is a general solution and then you then berate all other groups who aren't introverted socially in the end.

Your advice only works for females, introverted ones.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by OgaSeun: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Make sure you don get work for filling station before you try that shit
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by frankson1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Once you start questioning ur angry boss like this, you're playing with ur job.

Don't try this in this Buhari regime, else you're a gunner!

Try and understand the angry boss and make some calculative moves to get him/her in check.

Don't mind the OP, he's indirectly trying to lead people in trouble.
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by brosom(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Faller:

So sometimes when they're praising you....it's that same spirit that might be praising you too

I just hope u understand what I meant..
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by PrinceGallant: 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
My former boss would get angrier if you ask him 'how do you want me to do it", he woukd tell you "don't you have sense? What's your schooling for? If you know you cannot do it, you better resign". Though after all the higi-haga, the man would come back to his sense and stylishly beg you but not (directly). He would be calling you nice names, praising you etc. I left
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Gucciboy1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Get free unlimited browsing cheat on Airtel Glo and 9mobile for just 1k
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by jaafree: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
I won't advice anybody to confront his yelling boss with such questions, by doing so, you are clearly showing them you are not up to the task and that you don't know what you are doing in the first place , the boss will feel he is paying you for nothing, plus you will be sounding arrogant when asking such questions which will boil their hearts again.

I think the best approach is to put on a regretful face and allow he/she to calm down, all bosses likes an employee who always listen and regret his act and willing to improve.

When they finish you tell them sorry and that you will improve in the areas you have lapses.

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Bigii(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
medropoly:
De best way to deal with an annoying boss is to do your work accurately so that he won't have any reason to yell at you. Also try as much as possible to abide by the rules governing the organization.
Believe me your boss can't even look at your face twice

This one haven't work under Anambara catholic priest before. If you like do 1000% accurately, he would still frustrate you with many lies on your head. The most wicked set of people angry
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by 77star: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Would read later
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by jaytii(f): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
degenuine1:
You don't control your boss' anger by talking back, you endure/manage/overlook/apologize. The day u r tired, you get the fvck out. Cux is not your company.

Next.....

Never apologize to a boss that insults your person or bullies you.
Never!!!
Talk back. Yes look that goat/b¡tch in the eyes and talk some sense into him or her albeit calmly (manipulation)

Let them see reasons why they don't need to yell at you after you do something "they think is wrong"
Show them that you're never comfortable with underperformance and because of that you always want to do better next time without anyone telling you.

Don't ever let them take you for granted
Man know thy worth
Peace!

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Josywhyte: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
inumidun2010:

Like say e get when person suppose get babe when e come Lagos. Some female bosses sha can be annoying. If she like u make she tell u na
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by G12(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
This ebook here was the solution to my problem of dealing with difficult people like angry bosses, friends, and family members: www.customstoreng.com/landing-page-2
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by emmnprince(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
That year when I was posted to assist my boss. The man is a good talkative. Not just a talkative, when he is talking, you can hear his voice 10000km away. When he is angry, his voice be like DJ Alawi, DJ Neptune, DJ Xclusive and DJ Spinall speakers hitting simultaneously at a show.

The man always get on my nerve with his provocative comments. He can't even hold a conversation without yelling at you when you're not doing things his own way. He always think his approach to any task is best, even when it isn't and you show him better ways, he insist you do it his way. He love doing things the old ways.

He won't allow you to respond to his questionings and criticisms, before you say one, he has spoken 100 words. Even when you have the opportunity to respond, he will say you are always arguing with him with a more louder voice with about 6 veins on his forehead. What he cannot take is what he dishes out.

Initially I do give him as he brings it, but, when I have more knowledge about him and his triggers, I'd just let him vent his anger at me first! I'd just allow him to talk, talk and talk, while taking notes of his insubstantial accusations. Then I respond briefly to his every accusation. Sometimes, he will just talk and leave without giving me room to respond.

Most times when he yelled, it is transferred aggression, especially when the Directors criticized him at meetings for his shortcomings.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by degenuine1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by ofiko123(m): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Try to kill the Angry boss abi..
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by Gjmff: 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
Oh
Re: How To Deal With An Angry Boss by tfkbaba(m): 6:34am On Jun 20, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde

The next time you are being yelled at or criticized, ask them “what do you mean? are you not happy with what I did or may be with how I did it?”
You are forcing them to actually explain to you what do they want. This is the first step of negotiation.

Oh, sorry, I didn’t mention it before. It is all about negotiation and them yelling at you is a tactic for you doing whatever they want. In this particular case I assume that they want you to acknowledge that they are stronger, better, superior, whatever. It is all about ego. You on the other hand, do not want to be yelled at, bullied or otherwise abused.
So, by asking them what do they mean, you are defusing the situation. when yelled at, we tend to react emotionally but when you are asking a question, you are taking control over a situation since you are creating a dialog and not a yelling/criticism interaction.

SO, you start with a question - “what do you mean?” and then you should receive an answer since the question is based on your constructive desire to be a better employee, right? If you get some response like “you are too slow, you should work faster!” Ask them for guidance - “How would I do that?” Or “How would you suggest me to do that?”. At this point, I am sure that you will have a much more calmer boss and a little bit more control over the situation. Who knows, they may even understand that being quite and “introvert” is not the same as stupid and spineless.

Introverts, are more focused, more creative and usually, have greater self confidence and esteem. People are challenged by introverted people and thus have trouble with them sometimes. It is their problem, not yours.

Shared from Bogger.

Tell us how you control your Boss anger?
The first question" what do you mean" made me laughed. Please never ask ur oga when he / she is angry that question. It means you are fired, not even sacked. The two are not the same o�

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can You Terminate Ur Appointment With Npower If U Got A Starble Job? / If You Are Unemployed, Read This / In Bayelsa, 46,000 Jostle For 2,500 N20,000-per-month SEEFOR Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.