Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception (1766 Views)

Online & offline games Install On All PS5 & PS4 on High Firmwares without hack. / Buy Cheap And Latest Ps4 and ps5 Digital OFFLINE GAMES. (offline Package) / Buy Cheap And Latest Ps4 And ps5 Digital OFFLINE GAMES. (offline Package) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by definitelyME(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2021
After observing for a while now, I've come to notice that most Nigerians prefer offline games to online games....so found some time to ask some persons why they prefer online games to offline games, and guess what, their answers were all the same..

That they can't be buying data to play games, or that they can't use their data for games....it consumes data...

This misconception is very common because I was once in that category of people too...

Now to get things straight...
Online games offer more competitive gameplays, better graphics, and are far more enjoyable that offline games... you can play most online games like Pubg mobile lite, call of duty, asphalt 8 and many more for as long as 30 minutes with just
50-100mb of data..

What do you guys think

1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by crafteck(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2021
You lost me at better graphics

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by saddeeqrunka(m): 9:33am On Jun 19, 2021
Seriously data is expensive, and we don't have an unlimited data plan like some other countries.

And for the graphics i don't think there's big difference (if there is self), online games tend to lag sometimes also due to poor network

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Mooooo: 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
definitelyME:
After observing for a while now, I've come to notice that most Nigerians prefer offline games to online games....so found some time to ask some persons why they prefer online games to offline games, and guess what, their answers were all the same..

That they can't be buying data to play games, or that they can't use their data for games....it consumes data...

This misconception is very common because I was once in that category of people too...

Online games offer more competitive gameplays, better graphics, and are far more enjoyable that offline games... you can play most online games like Pubg mobile lite, call of duty, asphalt 8 and many more for as long as 30 minutes with just
50-100mb of data..

What do you guys think

Not only data for playing the game but you will have to keep on updating the game which cost data and Nigeria network is not the best for gaming

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Emeka71(m): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
Online games requires data. cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by definitelyME(m): 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mooooo:

Not only data for playing the game but you will have to keep on updating the game which cost data and Nigeria network is not the best for gaming
I don't understand you sir... almost all games on playstore recieve frequent updates...
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Deicide: 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
It has nothing to do with data except maybe for downloading the game itself. Most game don't use a lot of bandwidth.

The reason is that most of this competitive games get frustrating when you play them simple because those games hardly ever get any servers in Africa! You have to be very fuckìng good to come out on top.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by arazanbal: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2021
yea better graphics in a way because dere are some game features available on online for same game that is not available when you playing offline. (talking about consoles) . the data consumption regarding gaming online is not that much as people may think. according to the OP you can have little data and use it to game well without problem, i have played division 2 and ghost recon breakpoint which is pure online on xbox console for hours with little data on the sim without any issue at all. the trick is, to stop your connection breaking it is advice to use mifi or router to connect your gaming phone or console rather than phone wifi to avoid calls coming in and frequent text messages because sometimes it affect the smoothness of your internet connectivity when gaming

crafteck:
You lost me at better graphics
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by crafteck(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
arazanbal:
yea better graphics in a way because dere are some game features available on online for same game that is not available when you playing offline. (talking about consoles) . the data consumption regarding gaming online is not that much as people may think. according to the OP you can have little data and use it to game well without problem, i have played division 2 and ghost recon breakpoint which is pure online on xbox console for hours with little data on the sim without any issue at all. the trick is, to stop your connection breaking it is advice to use mifi or router to connect your gaming phone or console rather than phone wifi to avoid calls coming in and frequent text messages because sometimes it affect the smoothness of your internet connectivity when gaming

To play online your game software must be on latest update...
People with cod, pls tell us the update sizes...
Kindly quote me angry
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by RYEOFARMS(m): 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
crafteck:

Kindly quote me angry
Yh you have to update your game to keep playing which is not so for offline games (it's optional for offline games)

But I do enjoy online games whenever I have the chance,I remembered back then on my android, I was a boss on my own in CLASH OF THE KINGS,LORDS MOBILE & DURANGO WILDLANDS, MARVEL FUTURE FIGHT
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Vcollinzo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
crafteck:

Kindly quote me angry

You don't exactly have to be on the latest version to play the game; at least not the way you make it seem. Whenever there's an update in Playstore, you can always play the old version for about a week (or thereabouts) before you're mandated to update. But while you play the old version, you miss out on updated content (usually Season Pass; new weapons, characters, perks, and stuff like that).

And by the way, if data/bandwidth to update is the problem, you can always subscribe to midnight data plans to download the update. Call of Duty: Mobile update for instance, is usually less than 2GB (unless it's a huge upgrade in the game content.) and N200 is enough to pay for 2GB midnight bundle.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Zannx(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2021
Vcollinzo:

You don't exactly have to be on the latest version to play the game; at least not the way you make it seem. Whenever there's an update in Playstore, you can always play the old version for about a week (or thereabouts) before you're mandated to update. But while you play the old version, you miss out on updated content (usually Season Pass; new weapons, characters, perks, and stuff like that).

And by the way, if data/bandwidth to update is the problem, you can always subscribe to midnight data plans to download the update. Call of Duty: Mobile update for instance, is usually less than 2GB (unless it's a huge upgrade in the game content.) and N200 is enough to pay for 2GB midnight bundle.

All the same bruh, data is the problem
Not everyone would wake up in the midnight just to play game

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Cutehector(m): 5:48am On Jun 23, 2021
Nigerian telcos are useless, all of them undecided
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Emeka71(m): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2021
Offline games is more realistic because you shall see what you are playing and get results immediately and quit easily unlike online games where network can become the issue.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by arazanbal: 11:38am On Jun 23, 2021
Emeka71:
Offline games is more realistic because you shall see what you are playing and get results immediately and quit easily unlike online games where network can become the issue.

i disagree with the line that offline games is more realistic than online. it like you comparing a static image with a dynamic image that is always changing and improving base on latest technologies
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by filani(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
definitelyME:

50-100mb of data..

What do you guys think

@definitelyME

Apart from the reasons others on here have said, my own biggest issue is that games that strict online games are never really yours.

How do i mean? Simple , Using the example of Call of Duty Mobile which is the toast of the town right now .
No matter how sweet the game is now eventually one day the developers will tell you
"We regret to inform our CoDM fans that our servers will no longer support the game, thank you for your support!"
Do you know what that means?
All your repeated updates (which cost money no matter how small) , all your in app purchases (again real money) ,all the game hours to level up your avatar,weapons etc
...ALL GONE !!!

With an Offline Premium Game , pay for the game and download then it is yours forever!

Just My 50 kobo wink

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by RYEOFARMS(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
filani:

@definitelyME

Apart from the reasons others on here have said, my own biggest issue is that games that strict online games are never really yours.

How do i mean? Simple , Using the example of Call of Duty Mobile which is the toast of the town right now .
No matter how sweet the game is now eventually one day the developers will tell you
"We regret to inform our CoDM fans that our servers will no longer support the game, thank you for your support!"
All your repeated updates (which cost money no matter how small) , all your in app purchases (again real money) ,all the game hours to level up your avatar,weapons etc
...ALL GONE !!!

With an Offline Premium Game , pay for the game and download then it is yours forever!

Just My 50 kobo wink

yh you have a point there though, I never recovered from DURANGO WILDLANDS (android/mobile)....The whole of my island and everything I ever built,infact twas a great loss as I had never gave my all so much into a game like that before cry
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Emeka71(m): 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
arazanbal:

i disagree with the line that offline games is more realistic than online. it like you comparing a static image with a dynamic image that is always changing and improving base on latest technologies
Good point.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Dafungames: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Guys I downloaded PUBG Mobile but I'm finding it hard to spot enemies.

Please how do you guys spot enemies in PUBG?
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by lexander(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
definitelyME:
I don't understand you sir... almost all games on playstore recieve frequent updates...
but offline games can be played for the next 10 years unless you choose to uninstall or update it yourself but online games must be updated whenever the update is available.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by lexander(m): 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2021
Deicide:
It has nothing to do with data except maybe for downloading the game itself. Most game don't use a lot of bandwidth.

The reason is that most of this competitive games get frustrating when you play them simple because those games hardly ever get any servers in Africa! You have to be very fuckìng good to come out on top.
I agree with you on this point actually you can play for over 3 hours with less than 100mb provided the game does display video ads. With the exception of update cost it's relatively very cheap to play online
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by lexander(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2021
Vcollinzo:

how about the updates for "life after" don't even go there
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by lexander(m): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
arazanbal:

they're both the same the developers actually decides how good a game looks besides am not interested how good it look, I care more about how good the controls and mechanics work, one example black desert mobile over 6gb in terms of graphics that game is superb but I had to delete it when I discovered its has auto quest, auto attack and auto play. Lots of online only games on play actually follow the exact same pattern
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by lexander(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
yh you have a point there though, I never recovered from DURANGO WILDLANDS (android/mobile)....The whole of my island and everything I ever built,infact twas a great loss as I had never gave my all so much into a game like that before cry
how about dark avengers it's still available on the playstore but the servers has been down since 2015 plus no new updates so you're free to install the game but it won't open. It's was offline during the initial release but later they introduced online content but it was voluntary later on before they shutdown and abandoned the game i it the last 8 updates the game became online only

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by lexander(m): 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Yh you have to update your game to keep playing which is not so for offline games (it's optional for offline games)

But I do enjoy online games whenever I have the chance,I remembered back then on my android, I was a boss on my own in CLASH OF THE KINGS,LORDS MOBILE & DURANGO WILDLANDS, MARVEL FUTURE FIGHT
future fight that P2W game count me out
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by Emeka71(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
lexander:
they're both the same the developers actually decides how good a game looks besides am not interested how good it look, I care more about how good the controls and mechanics work, one example black desert mobile over 6gb in terms of graphics that game is superb but I had to delete it when I discovered its has auto quest, auto attack and auto play. Lots of online only games on play actually follow the exact same pattern
They are simulated games.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
lexander:
future fight that P2W game count me out
Lolz
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by jikins(m): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2021
lexander:
I agree with you on this point actually you can play for over 3 hours with less than 100mb provided the game does display video ads. With the exception of update cost it's relatively very cheap to play online

The reason I stopped playing online games on mobile is the network lag. They don't have Africa servers, so most times you will have to connect to European servers which will definitely increase your ping. In a competitive showdown, you will struggle against players of equal abilities in Europe because they will have shorter pings. Its frustrating,
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by filani(m): 5:42am On Jul 23, 2021
filani:

@definitelyME

...ALL GONE !!!

Just My 50 kobo wink

See a recent example

https://www.pocketgamer.com/articles/087463/tom-clancys-elite-squad-is-shutting-down/
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by classic200609: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2022
Online game are just better in every way cux no matter how smart the game is,it can never match the strategies of a real professional player so and besides who like playing the same thing over and over again.....and besides those of u that say ur ping is too high because of the servers...wrong again just get a better gaming phone
My phone usually has a ping of 40-90ms when i connect to an europe server depending on the game
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by anadozie1: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2022
How do you guys play Fortnite for Android? Even with good network e dey disconnect
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer Offline Games To Online Games...common Misconception by NoonMasamune: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
in this day and age, lack of data is not much of a reason anymore. the main reasons in my opinion is the lack of servers and lack of accessibility by the console brands

when it comes to most online games, many people play competitive ones ranging from FPS like COD and Valorant to fighting games like Strive and Street Fighter. and in those games, your network latency will dictate how well you play. for most nigerians, the closest server is the europe one which usually gives average pings of 120ms. watching any clip of fighting games, you will know that the latency will play a huge problem in such a high speed environment.

unlike during the PS3 era where all you need to play online is an internet connection, consoles of this generation also require you to purchase a subscription, and that's where the lack of accessibilty comes into play. currently, there is no legitimate way for a nigerian to register his account as a nigerian account and buy the subscription in Naira with his credit card. for consoles like the Playstation, you cant even select Nigeria. as for Nintendo, the eShop is not available there. this means you will have to create an account under a different region and either get a dollar card due to the directive on Naira cards, or buy the subscription from third party websites just to play online.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Forget About The Next Gen Console War For A Minute And Let's Go Oldschool / APC Vs PDP Game / Check This Laptop Out Medium Gaming Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.