Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) (2026 Views)

Buhari Misunderstood King Charles — And Burns Nigeria On His Way Out - Kperogi / Why Legislature Remains A Misunderstood Institution – Saraki / Igbo's, Nigeria's Most Misunderstood Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by softwerk(f): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2021
Fulani, also called Peul or Fulbe, a primarily Muslim people scattered throughout many parts of West Africa, from Lake Chad, in the east, to the Atlantic coast. They are concentrated principally in Nigeria, Mali, Guinea, Cameroon, Senegal, and Niger. The Fulani language, known as Fula, is classified within the Atlantic branch of the Niger-Congo language family.

Intro culled from The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica

The Fulanis: A misunderstood tribe by Softwerk:

The emergence of the Fulani empire after Danfodio's holy war of 1810 revealed the strength in the unity of the Fulanis. However, recent turn of events from the rise of insecurity in our schools, farms, forests and highways have continued to point to the direction of this misunderstood tribe. Killer Herdsmen, Bandits, Terrorists and even links with Boko Haram and ISWAP are recent unfortunate and mostly uninformed tags to the Fulanis in Nigeria.

I was personally born and raised in the Northern parts of Nigeria and can say without political prejudice that the Fulanis are generally peaceful, accommodating and a completely misunderstood tribe and as a result of this obscurity, political gladiators have continued to reap the "juicy" dividends from scoring cheap points from the propaganda that comes with our current insecurity challenges with this tribe particularly in focus.

I remember during the 1991 religious riots in a particular North-Eastern state when our Fulani neighbor Hajiya Binta (God bless her endlessly) in the heat of the killings of Christians and the burning of homes and churches personally offered that our family come to hide in her house until the crisis was over..... Greater Love hath no man than this.........! (John 15:13).

Historically, the Fulanis are culturally herdsmen and pastoralists. This has been passed on from generation to generation. Cows have been their currency for the settlement of bride price, dowries and settlement of conflicts and even in the purchasing of assets. The Fulanis are pastoralists and move from place to place in search of new grazing grounds to feed their cattle. This is the genesis of the perennial Herdsmen and Farmers conflicts! This however may have taken different dimensions in states like Benue, Plateau and Taraba but like I previously opined, have been politicized and blown out of proportion by our politicians mostly for personal and political interests.

Our Eastern brothers in their call for secession should remember the number of houses, assets and chains of businesses they own in states where the Fulanis dominate in the Northern parts of Nigeria.

In every Northern state I have lived in, there exists residential areas named Igbo Quarters where hundreds of our Eastern brothers peacefully live and raise their families without harrassment. During the day, they go to their business places in almost ALL major streets and EVERY market to trade peaceful.

Despite the heightened tension and eviction notices from trouble-makers issued to the Fulanis in the Southern and Eastern parts of Nigeria, no single newspaper, radio or TV station has published or broadcast any report of Igbos leaving the North!

While I will continue to advocate for social justice, peace, equality and equity in our government sphere and political cycles, I will also draw your attention to the fact that the Fulanis due to their pastoral culture and remote locations did not enjoy western education. (FACT). God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his campaign for nomadic education during his time as President. Most of those still practicing their culture of open grazing may not even be up to date with recent developments due to their deficiency in western education (FACT). Little wonder you still see an innocent herdsman grazing his cattle in an Eastern primary school recently despite the heightened tension in the region.....Did any journalist or reporter interview the herdsman to know if he ever heard about the ban on open grazing?!! Was he also armed with an AK-47?!

Killer herdsmen are not all Fulanis and not all Fulanis are killer herdsmen!!!

Bandits are not all Fulanis and not all Fulanis are Bandits!!!

Let us encourage Unity and Oneness!

Let us mend the religious divide and live as one. Afterall, whether Christian or Muslim, we are all children of Father Abraham and pray to the same God!

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by duro4chang(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2021
It is always difficult to advertise a bad product.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by BKayy: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2021
I pity Hausa people.
Hausa Nation is now a myth. Many don't even believe they exist

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by chymes0359(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2021
With all modesty not all fulani's are bad, but the Bad out weighed the goods.
Just like no tribe with a monopoly of Violence.

Its true of what we learnt in peace and conflict resolution that the Fulanis never forgive, they always avenge their revenge. They always avenge, if they couldn't now, they pass it to their generation.

For this cause the fulani have been on a long course to avenge what their fore father can't that's why PMB contested for 4 times to become the president.

OP what you are seeing now is a Fulani Tribe with a course well understood, and a role each of them have to play. They are well affiliated and organised in their crime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Arrewa: 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ok
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by BKayy: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
Arrewa:
Ok
Ok

1 Like

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Arrewa: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
BKayy:
I pity Hausa people.
Hausa Nation is now a myth. Many don't even believe they exist
ok
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by BKayy: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by BKayy: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Arrewa:
ok
OK. I know your style.
This space na for your reply

2 Likes

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Genesiis(m): 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Due to the nature of their business, I will advice the government to provide a means of education for the Fulani's. This education is known as nomadic education. It is a mobile system education whereby a teacher moves with these herdsmen, educating them.

These folks are lagging behind in education, that's just the difference between a person from the south trading in the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by advanceDNA: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
duro4chang:
It is always difficult to advertise bad product.

U can say that again...sounds like my friend when he keeps telling me his religion is a religion of peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by duro4chang(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
[quote author=advanceDNA post=102876943]

U can say that again...sounds like my friend when he keeps telling me his religion is a religion of peace[/quote.Their own meaning of the word peace is different from generally acceptable meaning.
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by advanceDNA: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
softwerk:
Fulani, also called Peul or Fulbe, a primarily Muslim people scattered throughout many parts of West Africa, from Lake Chad, in the east, to the Atlantic coast. They are concentrated principally in Nigeria, Mali, Guinea, Cameroon, Senegal, and Niger. The Fulani language, known as Fula, is classified within the Atlantic branch of the Niger-Congo language family.

Intro culled from The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica

The Fulanis: A misunderstood tribe by Softwerk:

The emergence of the Fulani empire after Danfodio's holy war of 1810 revealed the strength in the unity of the Fulanis. However, recent turn of events from the rise of insecurity in our schools, farms, forests and highways have continued to point to the direction of this misunderstood tribe. Killer Herdsmen, Bandits, Terrorists and even links with Boko Haram and ISWAP are recent unfortunate and mostly uninformed tags to the Fulanis in Nigeria.

I was personally born and raised in the Northern parts of Nigeria and can say without political prejudice that the Fulanis are generally peaceful, accommodating and a completely misunderstood tribe and as a result of this obscurity, political gladiators have continued to reap the "juicy" dividends from scoring cheap points from the propaganda that comes with our current insecurity challenges with this tribe particularly in focus.

I remember during the 1991 religious riots in a particular North-Eastern state when our Fulani neighbor Hajiya Binta (God bless her endlessly) in the heat of the killings of Christians and the burning of homes and churches personally offered that our family come to hide in her house until the crisis was over..... Greater Love hath no man than this.........! (John 15:13).

Historically, the Fulanis are culturally herdsmen and pastoralists. This has been passed on from generation to generation. Cows have been their currency for the settlement of bride price, dowries and settlement of conflicts and even in the purchasing of assets. The Fulanis are pastoralists and move from place to place in search of new grazing grounds to feed their cattle. This is the genesis of the perennial Herdsmen and Farmers conflicts! This however may have taken different dimensions in states like Benue, Plateau and Taraba but like I previously opined, have been politicized and blown out of proportion by our politicians mostly for personal and political interests.

Our Eastern brothers in their call for secession should remember the number of houses, assets and chains of businesses they own in states where the Fulanis dominate in the Northern parts of Nigeria.

In every Northern state I have lived in, there exists residential areas named Igbo Quarters where hundreds of our Eastern brothers peacefully live and raise their families without harrassment. During the day, they go to their business places in almost ALL major streets and EVERY market to trade peaceful.

Despite the heightened tension and eviction notices from trouble-makers issued to the Fulanis in the Southern and Eastern parts of Nigeria, no single newspaper, radio or TV station has published or broadcast any report of Igbos leaving the North!

While I will continue to advocate for social justice, peace, equality and equity in our government sphere and political cycles, I will also draw your attention to the fact that the Fulanis due to their pastoral culture and remote locations did not enjoy western education. (FACT). God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his campaign for nomadic education during his time as President. Most of those still practicing their culture of open grazing may not even be up to date with recent developments due to their deficiency in western education (FACT). Little wonder you still see innocent herdsmen grazing their cattle in an Eastern primary school recently despite the heightened tension in the region.....Did any journalist or reporter interview the herdsman to know if he ever heard about the ban on open grazing?!! Was he also armed with an AK-47?!

Killer herdsmen are not all Fulanis and not all Fulanis are killer herdsmen!!!

Bandits are not all Fulanis and not all Fulanis are Bandits!!!

Let us encourage Unity and Oneness!

Let us mend the religious divide and live as one. Afterall, whether Christian or Muslim, we are all children of Father Abraham and pray to the same God!

Is it religious divide that told Fulani herds men to enter into people’s farm without being considerate....we have always had Fulani among us...they never behaved this way until the we brought a cow-loving Fulani as president....

I met a Fulanis who said they were told Nigeria now belongs to them....if u don’t know there’s a Fulani domination agenda u are just being naive and not being truthful...

All of a sudden, the government is forcing people’s personal business (cow rearing in states) on states. Making us provide land to Fulani for free in the name of promoting agriculture....it’s just irritating ...

Take ur tribe marketing elsewhere....like my guy said up there...u can’t sell a bad product joor

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by effort1: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
softwerk:
Fulani, also called Peul or Fulbe, a primarily Muslim

Fulani herdsmen invade people's farms to destroy their crops.

Kindly tell me what is misunderstood in that?

7 Likes

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by DriverX: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Damage control
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by effort1: 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Genesiis:
Due to the nature of their business, I will advice the government to provide a means of education for the Fulani's. This education is known as nomadic education. It is a mobile system education whereby a teacher moves with these herdsmen, educating them.

These folks are lagging behind in education, that's just the difference between a person from the south trading in the north.

They are running a private business. It shouldn't be the duty of government to sponsored.privwte businesses
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by duro4chang(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Genesiis:

That type of education can no more work in this dispensation. They should settle down and receive normal education and then embrace modern method of rearing cows as it is done in western countries.

1 Like

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by techWriter1: 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
It is always difficult to advertise a bad brand
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Powersurge: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Bad product will always fruatrate the seller.
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by OfoIgbo: 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Whoever wrote this crap can go and die.

What of the indigenous populations being raped and murdered y Fulani terrorists?

What of the Fulani-controlled government federal that treats Fulani terrorists with kid gloves but will rather arrest and kill people who are protecting their populations in the middlebelt east and west?

What of the the fact that no Igbo has ever been the president of Nigeria for about 55 years, all being primarily orchestrated by the Fulanis?
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Saao(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
You don't know fulani, if u know them, you won't waste your time to write. Fulani are naturally wicked, no matter how you write sweet words about them, it won't change who they are. Again fulani are not Nigerians, make your research and u will know more about them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by oluwaseyi0: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2021
Genesiis:

So many comedy comment on nairaland, grin

You mean the government will provide each almajiri Fulani with their own private home/bush teachers, as they keep wandering the teachers keeps wandering with them

You can't teach someone who is permanently backward and unwilling to learn

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by advanceDNA: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

So many comedy comment on nairaland, grin

You mean the government will provide each almajiri Fulani with their own private home/bush teachers, as they keep wandering the teachers keeps wandering with them

You can't teach someone who is permanently backward and unwilling to learn

Can u see why it’s not surprising we have leaders, law makers and advisers that pass stupid laws...

How can someone say teachers should be hired specially for Fulani herdsmen all over the country to be following them around...

1 Like

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Dproperties: 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
So, what are you saying.

They haven't burnt your village before right?

Keep talking
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by LordLugard1: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
Animals who doesn't know Fulani will believe you
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Xhuntra: 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Genesiis:

Provide them all this as per all the tax they pay from their cattle proceeds abi?? fYI, these cow herders cum terrorists does not pay a single tax to the govt. They do not deserve any social or basic amenities from the govt.
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
Genesiis:

Are you saying Nigerian government should spent money in educating foreign Fulanis because according to Buhari, he said most of these maurading fulani herdsmen are Bororo's from lake Chad and Niger?

1 Like

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by sammyj: 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Seriously speaking, you are absolutely correct. A bad product is like cancer to the Human body !!!
duro4chang:
It is always difficult to advertise a bad product.

1 Like

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by ThinkSmarter: 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
Fulanis are in panic mode.
U want to dare the anger of Hefty Indigenous Nigerian tribes?
U want to dare Gladiators?
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Jack005(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Some of thes guys are innocent though.
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by cornelin(m): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
BKayy:

OK. I know your style.
This space na for your reply

This one wey you dey give this guy close marking
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Gireiboy(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
chymes0359:
With all modesty not all fulani's are bad, but the Bad out weighed the goods.
Just like no tribe with a monopoly of Violence.

Its true of what we learnt in peace and conflict resolution that the Fulanis never forgive, they always avenge their revenge. They always avenge, if they couldn't now, they pass it to their generation.

For this cause the fulani have been on a long course to avenge what their fore father can't that's why PMB contested for 4 times to become the president.

OP what you are seeing now is a Fulani Tribe with a course well understood, and a role each of them have to play. They are well affiliated and organised in their crime.

So, Buhari is the first Fulani man to rule these country abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Commanders May Have Read Tsan Zu Art Of War . / Governor Ganduje And Wife Attends Son Graduation In London-photo / Nigerian Soldiers Flee As Bandits kill 150 civilians in sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.