Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) (2031 Views)

Buhari Misunderstood King Charles — And Burns Nigeria On His Way Out - Kperogi / Why Legislature Remains A Misunderstood Institution – Saraki / Igbo's, Nigeria's Most Misunderstood Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by orikoku: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Fulani
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by chymes0359(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
Gireiboy:

So, Buhari is the first Fulani man to rule these country abi?

Wow! Am i writing Jamb or in a current affairs quiz.

What do you think?
Oooh
Gen. Mutalar Muhammed
Shehu shagari
Abubakar Tafawa Belwa
IBB
Sani Abacha

Bro...
Read again
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by softwerk(f): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2021
seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
This intelligent original write up won't make FP now but divisive and yeye materials like Bobrisky, ESN and ritual killings straight to FP angry angry angry

You guys at Nairaland should repent abeg!
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by BiafIntel: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2021
These people are not in any way misunderstood, unless by hypocrite elements amongst you. We Igbos know them now through our God sent Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. They are a violent, mostly uneducated, nomadic wandering tribe that prefers to live in medieval times and always taking things especially lands that don't belong to them by force.
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by rummmy: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
The real terrorists
Re: The FULANIS: A misunderstood tribe (Pics) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
softwerk:
Fulani, also called Peul or Fulbe, a primarily Muslim people scattered throughout many parts of West Africa, from Lake Chad, in the east, to the Atlantic coast. They are concentrated principally in Nigeria, Mali, Guinea, Cameroon, Senegal, and Niger. The Fulani language, known as Fula, is classified within the Atlantic branch of the Niger-Congo language family.

Intro culled from The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica

The Fulanis: A misunderstood tribe by Softwerk:

The emergence of the Fulani empire after Danfodio's holy war of 1810 revealed the strength in the unity of the Fulanis. However, recent turn of events from the rise of insecurity in our schools, farms, forests and highways have continued to point to the direction of this misunderstood tribe. Killer Herdsmen, Bandits, Terrorists and even links with Boko Haram and ISWAP are recent unfortunate and mostly uninformed tags to the Fulanis in Nigeria.

I was personally born and raised in the Northern parts of Nigeria and can say without political prejudice that the Fulanis are generally peaceful, accommodating and a completely misunderstood tribe and as a result of this obscurity, political gladiators have continued to reap the "juicy" dividends from scoring cheap points from the propaganda that comes with our current insecurity challenges with this tribe particularly in focus.

I remember during the 1991 religious riots in a particular North-Eastern state when our Fulani neighbor Hajiya Binta (God bless her endlessly) in the heat of the killings of Christians and the burning of homes and churches personally offered that our family come to hide in her house until the crisis was over..... Greater Love hath no man than this.........! (John 15:13).

Historically, the Fulanis are culturally herdsmen and pastoralists. This has been passed on from generation to generation. Cows have been their currency for the settlement of bride price, dowries and settlement of conflicts and even in the purchasing of assets. The Fulanis are pastoralists and move from place to place in search of new grazing grounds to feed their cattle. This is the genesis of the perennial Herdsmen and Farmers conflicts! This however may have taken different dimensions in states like Benue, Plateau and Taraba but like I previously opined, have been politicized and blown out of proportion by our politicians mostly for personal and political interests.

Our Eastern brothers in their call for secession should remember the number of houses, assets and chains of businesses they own in states where the Fulanis dominate in the Northern parts of Nigeria.

In every Northern state I have lived in, there exists residential areas named Igbo Quarters where hundreds of our Eastern brothers peacefully live and raise their families without harrassment. During the day, they go to their business places in almost ALL major streets and EVERY market to trade peaceful.

Despite the heightened tension and eviction notices from trouble-makers issued to the Fulanis in the Southern and Eastern parts of Nigeria, no single newspaper, radio or TV station has published or broadcast any report of Igbos leaving the North!

While I will continue to advocate for social justice, peace, equality and equity in our government sphere and political cycles, I will also draw your attention to the fact that the Fulanis due to their pastoral culture and remote locations did not enjoy western education. (FACT). God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his campaign for nomadic education during his time as President. Most of those still practicing their culture of open grazing may not even be up to date with recent developments due to their deficiency in western education (FACT). Little wonder you still see an innocent herdsman grazing his cattle in an Eastern primary school recently despite the heightened tension in the region.....Did any journalist or reporter interview the herdsman to know if he ever heard about the ban on open grazing?!! Was he also armed with an AK-47?!

Killer herdsmen are not all Fulanis and not all Fulanis are killer herdsmen!!!

Bandits are not all Fulanis and not all Fulanis are Bandits!!!

Let us encourage Unity and Oneness!

Let us mend the religious divide and live as one. Afterall, whether Christian or Muslim, we are all children of Father Abraham and pray to the same God!

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

I love your writeup.

I think I love your mentality.

Ignore those countering you, how can you judge what you don't know.

Are they all clean themselves?, no one will be marginalised and not feel the need to take back their place, no one will agree to being treated like a second citizen, if we all can't be reasonable and live with love, you can't expect those who feel hurt to keep silence.

In other words, if you know how to be an animal, I will show you how much of a beast I am.

I watch some documentary on the history of Nigeria, and what I can deduce was that the foundation was destroyed due to the lack of trust, you can't be manipuatuve, believing you are wise or sophisticated, and treats others like they are lesser, then expect them to trust you, i believe there is a reason the UK's and the Fulanis don't trust yorubas, and being a yoruba myself, and having live with both tribe, i think I know why.

Most people may look foolish, but can read your actions from afar, I believe the fulanis are like that, while the yoruba elites then thought them to be foolish, I look foolish myself, and my Yoruba people are ever ready to explore that, but unfortunately for them, I am not the least a fool.

I don't blame anyone, but it is a collective fault.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Separation Of Singapore From Malaysia, Led To The Prosperity Of Both Nat / Kanu Was Likely Extradited From Kenya-reno Omokri / Peter Obi Supporters Are Bullies, Don't Bully Me To Support Him- Mr Macaroni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.