Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. (27253 Views)

I Finally Had An Extra Year / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
I'm in my finals and I just found out that I will be carrying over two courses in my extra year cry. My results just came out.

The saddest thing is that it's even an elective borrowed course from physics. All my mates that borrowed it failed it too. If only I could see the future.
I feel doomed and depressed.
Regret is eating me up!

I could have done a simpler course.
God what led me to physics?

I've been passing all my courses until now. How can I handle this?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Ekeseges(f): 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
It is not the end of the world, Brace up, register them and you would pass them.God guide you

170 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Drizzy5001(m): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
So sorry bro, I was formerly doing a course with strong calculations , but as time went on, I saw that I couldn't cope, ọmọ I japa go change course ọ sharperly, And my friends too followed me, I feel for u bro.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by macnino399: 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
AyamSad:
I'm in my finals and I just found out that I will be carrying over two courses in my extra year cry. My results just came out.

The saddest thing is that it's even an elective borrowed course from physics. All my mates that borrowed it failed it too. If only I could see the future.
Regret is eating me up!

Brace up bro, this would all be a story someday, very soon you'd have this caption "how I made it in life despite having an extra year in school".
Sometimes I wonder why lecturers fail final year students. I'm currently in my final year and there's this lecturer in my department that told us that out of the 6 questions he'd set in exam even if you could answer only 1 correctly irrespective of your CA you're sure of passing the course, I just wished all lecturers were like him.

OP. In all you do, you must NEVER break!
Cheers.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by brian91(m): 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
Stay focused, alright!!
One thing is sure, HE knows best(never a religious guy here).
At the time you would graduate, he's got a breakthrough prepared and it would manifest at ease.
To the troubled course, I could attest to its challenge as I had a first degree in it with an upper. Loosened up sir and decide to give your best to it.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by talk2hb1(m): 6:42am On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Tooh,
I understand how it feels.
I deferred a session, had two extra years, and I still graduated with strong 2:1. Its not the end of the world bro, just take advantage of the moment to improve yourself.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by JOACHINpedro: 7:03am On Jun 20, 2021
Man up bro.
Utilize the time to seeing that you pass it.

Learn digital skills while on it so that you boost your work acceptability.

I'm in finals too(writing my exams) but I know say I fit come back cus of financial depression that I had during my first semester exam.
But regardless, I'm won't give up. I know my capabilities and I won't back down because of excuses.
P.S you'll face worse in future but your management skill is what will help you surmount obstacles.

Good luck bro

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Concetta(f): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2021
You'll be fine dear. Just remove fear and self pity from yourself.

6 Likes

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by LordIsaac(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2021
It's just an extra year. Before you know it, it will come to pass. Some didn't have it, and Bokoharam killed them. Thank God you will be alive to do it and finish it well.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Glamouzpeter(f): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2021
Wow
This is the first time have seen reasonable advice in Nairand and not insult
God bless everyone who encourage him

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by phemmyfour: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Not the end of World, It's important that you brace up and face your carry overs. You ll be alright last last

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Maj196(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2021
Is it the whole session or just a semester? See ehhn I was once in your shoe. I even missed the exam I was supposed to retake. But I didn't give up either. It's all history now. Just take it like that and finish up

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Twelfthman: 11:07am On Jun 20, 2021
Like they say
"Extra year no be for goats nah for human being"
A lot of people had extra year and finally graduated before you and a lot more others will do too after you.
Stay strong and don't be ashame of it. U no kill person.
This isn't much a problem if you ask me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Alusiizizi(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Physics is for the strong alone. You didn't even test warm water with an EE course, but instead decided to jump directly into the fire. Too bad. Try again next year then.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Kehcsc(m): 11:35am On Jun 20, 2021
Hey bro... Look at the brighter side... U now have an extra year to get Ur self equipped with that skilled u always wanted to learn. An extra of no much stress... It's just one course dat u have to worry about now... All the remaining time is for u to focus and grab a useful skill while leaving the school system. So cheer up bro... It will all be history soonest.

Love from a finalist just like u.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Rickmann: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

I feel for you brother cos I know exactly what its like, but delay isn't denial. Register your course again, prepare adequate for it this time and I believe God'll see you through.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by kaleidoscope: 11:56am On Jun 20, 2021
I know the pain is deep, but later on in life you will get to know why it had to happen this way.
Be strong

AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Cashio(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
Extra year no mean anything bro. Yes you will feel bad, but in a short while, you and your hommies will even start making fun of it all...just use the extra year wisely to invest on something worthwhile while you wait to rewrite the said courses...

With my gp slightly above 4 points in 2019, I was hoping to be the best graduating student in my class or at least second best. But shit happened and I and my roommates came late for our second to the last paper and we were denied entry into the examination hall. It gave the 3 of us automatic extra year and particularly cost me a fully funded Msc scholarship with a 450k laptop.
I felt terrible and regretted all the efforts I made while in school to come out good. Well, I moved on and we just wrote the exam last month. Funny that was de only carryover course I wrote all through my stay in school...one of the reasons I still feel terrible.
life happens man.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by SPLENDID25(m): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Cashio:
Extra year no mean anything bro. Yes you will feel bad, but in a short while, you and your hommies will even start making fun of it all...just use the extra year wisely to invest on something worthwhile while you wait to rewrite the said courses...

With my gp slightly above 4 points in 2019, I was hoping to be the best graduating student in my class or at least second best. But shit happened and I and my roommates came late for our second to the last paper and we were denied entry into the examination hall. It gave the 3 of us automatic extra year and particularly cost me a fully funded Msc scholarship with a 450k laptop.
I felt terrible and regretted all the efforts I made while in school to come out good. Well, I moved on and we just wrote the exam last month. Funny that was de only carryover course I wrote all through my stay in school...one of the reasons I still feel terrible.
life happens man.
ehya! may God help me oh.

2 Likes

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Thermodynamics(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
Graduating from a University or graduating with a 2.1 is not much of a big deal as you may think.
When you graduate you'll understand.
University is just a play, a mirage of what life is truly about.

When you graduate and get into the real world you'll hate yourself for crying over extra year or having C in a course instead of an A.

This might not make much sense to you at the moment because you are still in School. I use to think like you when I was an undergraduate.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by UniversalDove: 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Be more concerned about unemployment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Karleb(m): 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thermodynamics:
Graduating from a University or graduating with a 2.1 is not much of a big deal as you may think.
When you graduate you'll understand.
University is just a play, a mirage of what life is truly about.

When you graduate and get into the real world you'll hate yourself for crying over extra year or having C in a course instead of an A.

This might not make much sense to you at the moment because you are still in School. I use to think like you when I was an undergraduate.

I swear down.

I remember when I was feeling so bad because my HOD insulted me when I went to him to rewrite a test I missed. I thought it was my worst day ever, unfortunately for me, it was my worst day yet as at then.

I know how the OP feels even though I didn't have an extra year but in 5 years time, I won't matter to him or anybody anymore.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Karleb(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kehcsc:
Hey bro... Look at the brighter side... U now have an extra year to get Ur self equipped with that skilled u always wanted to learn. An extra of no much stress... It's just one course dat u have to worry about now... All the remaining time is for u to focus and grab a useful skill while leaving the school system. So cheer up bro... It will all be history soonest.

Love from a finalist just like u.

The OP should use this advice o.

Start learning a skill now. Dedicate 2 hours per day for the course and use the rest to learn a skill. By the time you finish NYSC you would have gotten to intermediate level at least. Such skills can fetch you money or help propell your career.

You should worry more about life after school because it's inevitable and not easy.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by WinnardShaw(m): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's difficult to see things with perspective when it hits you like this.

A year really means nothing except you'll be better equipped to face that exam next time. You'll be more knowledgeable, know where you need to focus your efforts, stronger and more determined in a way that you never have known if you simply passed everything first time.

You'll probably getter a higher grade than you would have otherwise, and who knows where that extra year will take you.

Go out and own this situation. You might come out of this better off than if you'd passed first time.

Good luck!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by emetisuccess(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Baba, calm down and take it the way it is bru, if person one the mention carryover wey dem get for school, even u go say, 'boss i fear for u oooo' . Last last everyone go still graduate. What u shld look into shld be ur ambition in life after school not thinking over carryover that u will later pass.

2 Likes

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Obakashdee(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
See this as an Avenue to share a testimony in the next 5-10years, that 10 years ago you had an extra year and now you are this, but no be by mouth na by Gods grace

6 Likes

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Davny(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Don't beat yourself up over it bro, recharge properly and you will get it next time. After all our oga at the top said no jobs for the youth, mk we behave so take your time and you will eventually conquer it all

1 Like

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Karlovych: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
embarassed embarassed Learn from it and come back stronger

1 Like

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Nuelito: 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Its not the end of the road for you bro...there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

Just dont let it weigh you down.... buckle up your shoe, reregister the courses and dust em off.

1 Like

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by GloShare(m): 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
E no matter

Somehow, all my friends who had extra years and those who had poor grades are doing alright. In a way, better than those with second class upper.

Those with 2.1 were relaxed because of their grade, but we failures realized how tougher the journey would be, so we pushed double time.

Now we give them funds to help them out, because while we struggled twice as hard, they were dependent on the labour market.

You may feel like a failure now, but you'll be fine.

Use your extra time to learn an IT skill. Work twice as hard.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SSANU, NASU To Begin 14-Day Nationwide Warning Strike On October 5 / Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN / 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.