Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. (27209 Views)

I Finally Had An Extra Year / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Funpeter: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ekeseges:
It is not the end of the world, Brace up, register them and you would pass them.God guide you
Yes ooo but the time wasting is just somehow
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Jagri: 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Take heart.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by doghorp(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Djbush:
I'm just wondering why you failed a course in Physics. What course is that, if I may ask? Solid states, Quantum Mechanics, Electronics, Nuclear? You name them bro...

What you have to do now is focus, focus and focus. An extra year/spill over is not the end of the world. The sun will always shine...I've not seen a dull sun

Cheers
Is like you are physics student. I am a physics 300 Level student
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Johncuppa(m): 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Djbush:
I'm just wondering why you failed a course in Physics. What course is that, if I may ask? Solid states, Quantum Mechanics, Electronics, Nuclear? You name them bro...

What you have to do now is focus, focus and focus. An extra year/spill over is not the end of the world. The sun will always shine...I've not seen a dull sun

Cheers

Coming from IT, there is this relaxation students do have in the final year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by sulphric(m): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
I can so relate to this 'cause I'm about to defer a session too for health reasons and I still hope to graduate with a 2-1. Thanks for sharing your story it's one that I really connect to, did you graduate from a Nigerian Uni please?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by SANSAJAY: 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:
I'm in my finals and I just found out that I will be carrying over two courses in my extra year cry. My results just came out.

The saddest thing is that it's even an elective borrowed course from physics. All my mates that borrowed it failed it too. If only I could see the future.
I feel doomed and depressed.
Regret is eating me up!

I could have done a simpler course.
God what led me to physics?

I've been passing all my courses until now. How can I handle this?
@op, a "heart-breaking delay" like this is the reason I AM ALIVE TODAY. I had gone to do something & was asked to come pick it up two days later. I got there from home hurrying because I had a very crucial meeting that morning. I told them how much time I lacked & needed to run to the office after receiving a second reminder, one on the previous night & the second in their office that morning. THEY SEARCHED EVERYWHERE & COULD NOT FIND WHAT THEY HAD PREPARED FOR ME. Ofcourse I was disappointed & getting agitated. After ALMOST about ONE HOUR, they found my paperwork & handed to me & I SPED off to the office. When I got to the office, I hurried through security & even refused to use the elevator & ran through the stairs to my high-floor office to keep what I was carrying before joining the meeting on a lower floor. I just got off the stairs, running into my office & ......A BANG & EVERYTHING WENT 'DEAD....BLANK, DARK & SMOKE EVERYWHERE....WE JUST GOT BOMBED. If I got my papers immediately I got to that office, I would have been in the meeting where unfortunately most of my colleagues were killed.

LET US THANK GOD IN EVERY SITUATION FRIENDS. TRUE TRUE STORY.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by sulphric(m): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
talk2hb1:

Tooh,
I understand how it feels.
I deferred a session, had two extra years, and I still graduated with strong 2:1. Its not the end of the world bro, just take advantage of the moment to improve yourself.

I can so relate to this 'cause I'm about to defer a session too for health reasons and I still hope to graduate with a 2-1. Thanks for sharing your story it's one that I really connect to, did you graduate from a Nigerian Uni please?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
It's a sign that you're destined for greatness.
Write it down.

Make sure you handle it well. I was in your shoes some years back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by ArisingStorm: 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:
I'm in my finals and I just found out that I will be carrying over two courses in my extra year cry. My results just came out.

The saddest thing is that it's even an elective borrowed course from physics. All my mates that borrowed it failed it too. If only I could see the future.
Regret is eating me up!

Guy, There is a blessing attached to failure. never ever forget that. I failed a course in my final year. all my mates left me in school. i was ashamed, depressed and even almost gave up. But I trusted in God's Mercy , I am currently far ahead of my mates right now, I am not even in Nigeria at the moment, I recieved grace. dude, pray, I learnt more during those periods. dont waste this opportunity, I am not decieving you. if you think I am lying , send me a mail.

1 Like

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by 1EmmyKay: 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Op you need mindset cleansing. Me wey be sey I absented for 2sessions and I no die. School na last thing wey I go sweat or put more energy than required cos the shi ain't worth it. Even if e be sef las las the certificate na wash. Cos person go die leave am rat will feast or it becomes useless. So imaging using ones six years struggles hungers brain disturbance just to get some degree and las las work sef no go come through. Better relax your mind and be calm. You go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Enn214(m): 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Calm down.. e no dey Tay...
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Jman06(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
Eyea. Another extra year plus COVID19 extra year. That's 2 extra years!

Me think lecturers should consider the impact of COVID19 and give final year students some waivers, especially those having only less than 3 courses.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

You should start reading the courses now before new session
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by talk2hb1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
sulphric:

I finished from UNILAG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Dproperties: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
I remember those days, I couldn't finish my ND in computer science but I took the challenge as a tutorial for something better.

As God may have.

I bagged my Degree from the State.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by MOTIONTECH(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Please just push anyhow you would do it just dont give up.I know how it feels, i also had an extra year because of my project
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by nedekid: 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Metcheew undecided
Ordinary extra year and you don't know how you will handle it. All the thousand before you (including me) that did extra session nko? Millions will also do extra till thy kingdom come.
My G Had extra and saw he will graduate with poor score, nigger went back to start 100 level again and graduated with 2.1. It is now years ago, married, richer than most of his classmates and approaching 50.
Guy sit up, dissapointed as you may be, it is only a slight setback. You may even use it to raise you Gpa.
Small challenge you de shake, meanwhile you have not faced the major life challenges ohh!!

1 Like

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by seyz91(m): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
Baba forget that shit

Carryover or not doesn't stop or affect what becomes of you in the future

In life, its not about first cone firs serve

And not about first to graduate, first to make it
Its not always like that

Just know what you are doing

Thats all
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by nedekid: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
Teeboy15:
You're lucky I saw this post quite late.
You're ignorant. Boy, I'll tell you something, you think extra year is the end? Then commit suicide, I pray you do. Stupid boy. You never face reality for Naija you dey whine over extra year. Can you imagine. Na even extra semester. 2 courses only for that matter. Boy you are a foool. You know wetin men face for Uni yet still doing well? You know how many extra years some men get? Walahi you be foool. You know how many men senate sit down on top their matter before dem graduate? You know how many men been no fit go NYSC cos of the delay due to age? Thunder faya you there. You must commit suicide cos of those 2 courses o... Only 2. Chai this boy na mumu. I know your type, competition. Infact God should touch your school so they can do 'let my people go' so you can come face reality. Ode
Lol. Na so me sef vex for the matter.
The boy need encouragement though.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Tobechuckwu(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

It's tough though, but u just got to stay strong. Be courageous

That means say my department tried for us that year be that. Nobody got F in any of our final year course, so far u come write exam even if u fail na E dem go give. They didn't fail anybody in my final year.
By God's grace, I still write 2 carry over for final year, but na project nd IT God take saved me for 2.1
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Mcslize: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Teeboy15:
You're lucky I saw this post quite late.
You're ignorant. Boy, I'll tell you something, you think extra year is the end? Then commit suicide, I pray you do. Stupid boy. You never face reality for Naija you dey whine over extra year. Can you imagine. Na even extra semester. 2 courses only for that matter. Boy you are a foool. You know wetin men face for Uni yet still doing well? You know how many extra years some men get? Walahi you be foool. You know how many men senate sit down on top their matter before dem graduate? You know how many men been no fit go NYSC cos of the delay due to age? Thunder faya you there. You must commit suicide cos of those 2 courses o... Only 2. Chai this boy na mumu. I know your type, competition. Infact God should touch your school so they can do 'let my people go' so you can come face reality. Ode

Don't mind OP jor.

OP, if men tell you stories, you will cry for them. Carry over is not a problem. You have no issue. If it is carry over that is bothering you, then you are just being unnecessarily bothered.

cc AyamSad
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Joetttimua1811(m): 5:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
It's well just relax and not work yourself out, to everything there is a purpose.... God knows best grin grin
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by darlenese(f): 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
You are lamenting for just one extra year , I wasted 7 years seeking for admission while my mates were convocating and getting married I was still struggling to get admitted into the university, but guess what 11 years after graduating from the University my story changed . Those people I was hiding from out of shame that they got into school before me now come to me for employment .

Don't ever give up ! You do not know what the future holds

2 Likes

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

end of the world. Oga who die?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

2 carry overs and you feel depressed? Unstandable though. If I were to calculate my stay in school based of carry overs then conservatively, I would says it would be up to 10.

Cry a little, dust yourself up and move on.

All the best
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Quahl: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
My Geee! Just knw that you are not the first to find yourself in this situation and you won't b the last. Just stay strong and move on bruh
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Polynek(m): 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Na small challenge
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Zzyy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ur dept will waive it for you
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by sulphric(m): 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
talk2hb1:

I finished from UNILAG

Oh, alright sir.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Privatepart00: 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me

Just two courses ? You are behaving as if a train crushed you?
What will the ones who are carrying over ten or twenty courses do?
Probably dig a grave and bury themselves?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes / ABU Zaria Dam: A Nairalander Goes On A Private Excursion (Pictures Included) / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.