Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes (16313 Views)

Godwin Obaseki Congratulates Atiku Abubakar, Urge Other Aspirants To Support Him / FFK Replies El-Rufai: Northerners Have Looted Nigeria More Than Other Regions / Ganduje Conferred With Chieftaincy in Abia- Lion That Protect Igbo People (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by OEPHIUS(m): 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
South East leaders urge other regions to protect Igbo indigenes

Reiterate commitment to united #Nigeria anchored on justice, equity, fairness, respect for one another

*To engage violent secessionist youths

Leaders of the South East geo-political zone comprising the governors of the five states, members of the National Assembly, Ministers, Speakers of the State Houses of Assembly, the Clergy and Traditional Rulers, on Saturday, rose from a closed-door meeting at the Government House, Enugu, urging leaders of other geo-political zones in the country to protect Igbos living in their regions.

The South East leaders who made the request in view of what they described as[b] “threats by some groups against our people”, promised to protect everyone, including Igbos and people from other regions, residing in the zone.[/b]

In a communiqué read by the Governor of Ebonyi State and Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, Engr. David Umahi, the leaders of the zone reiterated their “commitment to one united Nigeria under a platform of justice, equality of rights, fairness, love and respect for one another” .

They explained that the meeting was held “for articulation of our positions and further meet with the Presidential team”, sequel to the earlier meeting with the Presidential delegation, led by the Minister of Defence, Retired Maj. Gen. Bashir Magashi, on June 11, 2021.

The communiqué disclosed that the meeting consequently “set up committees under Ohaneze Ndigbo to articulate and address our positions on all burning issues to further meet among ourselves and thereafter meet with the Presidential team”.

It added that South East leaders condemned the killing of security agents, burning of strategic infrastructure and killing of civilians in South East and in other regions, and requested the security agencies to discharge their duties within the rules of engagement and the law.

The South East leaders also condemned in totality, the activities of violent secessionist groups in the zone and elsewhere, proclaiming firmly that “we do not support them, they do not speak for South East”.

On the impression that South East leaders are silent over agitations for secession by some youths of the region, they stated that “is not correct” , stressing that[b] “South East Governors, Ohaneze President, National Assembly members, notable leader had come out publicly many times in the past to speak against such agitations”.[/b]

The communiqué revealed that South East leaders, in order not to mismanage the unfortunate situation, “have set up a committee to engage such youths to stop and allow elders speak to address such fears”.

On the safety of the Igbo indigenes in other parts of the country and the newly established regional security outfit, etc, the communiqué added that the “meeting directed our Governors and Ohaneze Ndigbo to liaise with indigenes from the northern part of Nigeria and indigenes of other regions to assure that the nation, Nigeria, and their people of their safety in South East.

“The meeting endorsed our South East joint security outfit - Ebubeagu and asked them to work with security agencies and to respect the rights and privileges of all those living in the South East and our visitors.

“We request our National Assembly from the South East to support State Police creation in the on-going constitutional amendment.”

The Committees set up, according to the communiqué, are “Agitation; engagement with other regions; those of our people in the North, South East, South-South and South West; IPOB, MASSOB, Youths and Market people, Okada and Keke; Diaspora; Advocacy; and Diplomatic engagement with Foreign Missions”.

Those present at the meeting include the host #Governor of Enugu State, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi #Ugwuanyi, Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, Deputy Governors of Anambra and Imo states, Dr. Nkem Okeke and Prof. Placid Njoku respectively, the Senate Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Dr. Chris Ngige, the Minister of State for Mines and Steel Development, Hon. Uchechukwu Ogah, President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Amb. George Obiozor, former President of the Senate, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, former Governor of old Enugu State, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, former Governor of Ebonyi State, Senator Sam Egwu, former Governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim and former Military Administrator of old Anambra State, Rear Admiral Allison Madueke.

Also in attendance were the Speaker of Enugu State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi; his Ebonyi State counterpart, Rt. Hon. Francis Nwifuru, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, the Deputy Minority Leader, House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Toby Okechukwu; Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyawu; Archbishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha and Metropolitan of Onitsha Ecclesiastical Province, Most Rev. Valerian Maduka Okeke, Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province, Most. Rev. Dr. Emmanuel O. Chukwuma, Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Most Rev. Callistus Onaga, Chairman, Enugu State Traditional Rulers’ Council, HRH Igwe Amb. Lawrence Agubuzu, immediate past President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, among others.

#EnuguStateIsInTheHandsOfGod
#amokelouis

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1460644330945794&id=100010007227700

3 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Commentor: 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
grin

We told them...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by OEPHIUS(m): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Tranquillity360: 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
This shows Nigeria is not one.

No body protects Igbo in other regions except God.

Igbos will have their independent so that they can protect it citizen wherever they are.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by OnionBandit(f): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
Na now Una dey wake up?

Hypocrites! So they now agree there are violent secessionists in the South East and will engage them soonest...

When these untrained children where displaying the nihilism in them, almost all the so called leaders kept mute..the likes of Abaribe even claimed it was Fulani herdsmen burning down and looting Government facilities and killing security agents , unleashing never-seen-before terror on innocent people with views contrary to theirs..this is despite the countless evidence all over the internet nailing IPOB...

Now wey be say both the innocent and guilty dey suffer for the crimes of IPOB, the leaders finally found their voices. Una for wait till IDP camps full all the South East states

Shebi you are competing with North East

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by SLAP44: 9:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
This strategy is called * Telling them what they want to hear *

Let them keep leading them to the wrong path till its too late.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Cholls(m): 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
My brother 3weeks ago all these Igbo leaders keep quiet, but now I wonder what has changed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Tranquillity360: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Cholls:
My brother 3weeks ago all these Igbo leaders keep quiet, but now I wonder what has changed
So what are you people's joy over their recent action.

One Nigeria with people you hate right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Almaigaa: 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
But they couldn't protect others who live in their Region. I just Dey pitty them, cause e go soon do them like Magic. IPOB TERRORIST, Unknown Gunmen, ESN, BIAFRANS and their SYMPATHISERS kill other Nigerians who live in the EAST. They also LOOT and vandalise their goods/properties but, these so called elders refused to call them to order. grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Almaigaa: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Tranquillity360:
No body protects Igbo in other regions except God.

Igbos will have their independent so that they can protect it citizen wherever they are.

Only the North can give Biafrans their independence

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Atiwaye: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
But they are not orphan now.

6 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by heniford2: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Cholls:
brown envelope exchange hands grin

1 Like

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Cholls(m): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Tranquillity360:
So what are you people's joy over their recent action.

One Nigeria with people you hate right?
my brother me hate? Who? And why would I?
Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Tranquillity360: 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Almaigaa:

Only the North can give Biafrans their independence
I no mention cow so i don't know why you quote me.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Tranquillity360: 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Cholls:
my brother me hate? Who? And why would I?
How i take be your brother?

Why do you want One Nigeria with Igbos by fire by force.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Tranquillity360: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
brown envelope exchange hands grin
As if those Governors controls the youths in East.

Since 2014 are these governors not saying the same thing,yet Ipob are doing their things.

Last last Nigeria will divide.

12 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Cholls(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
Tranquillity360:
How i take be your brother?

Why do you want One Nigeria with Igbos by fire by force.
my brother our fathers use to say... Bi a ba fi owo otun ba Omo wi, a ma fi owo osi famora ni, meaning; If the Son is rebuked with the right hand, he is embraced with the left hand.

I love you! You're a Nigerian! So you're my brother

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Sammy07: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Don't worry governors

We got them covered like a chick covering her children grin
Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Almaigaa: 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
Tranquillity360:
I no mention cow so i don't know why you quote me.

Relax, na your master dey yarn. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Tranquillity360: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
Cholls:
my brother our fathers use to say... Bi a ba fi owo otun ba Omo wi, a ma fi owo osi famora ni, meaning; If the Son is rebuked with the right hand, he is embraced with the left hand.

I love you! You're a Nigeria! So you're my brother
Who rebuke who.and who son and who is father.

Am not a Nigerian.

So am not your brother.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Cholls(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Who rebuke who.and who son and who is father.

Am not a Nigerian.

So am not your brother.
my brother you were going astray so we called you out and now that your leaders are gradually speaking out we the rest of the country is ready to welcome you back home(Nigeria)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
OnionBandit:
Na now Una dey wake up?

Hypocrites! So they now agree there are violent secessionists in the South East and will engage them soonest...

When these untrained children where displaying the nihilism in them, almost all the so called leaders kept mute..the likes of Abaribe even claimed it was Fulani herdsmen burning down and looting Government facilities and killing security agents , unleashing never-seen-before terror on innocent people with views contrary to theirs..this is despite the countless evidence all over the internet nailing IPOB...

Now wey be say both the innocent and guilty dey suffer for the crimes of IPOB, the leaders finally found their voices. Una for wait till IDP camps full all the South East states

Shebi you are competing with North East

HELINUES SHUT UP THERE!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by neighbourhud: 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
undecided
Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by Handsum64: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
Why ask for independence when una never get sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by flokii: 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Protect them as endangered species or what?

So we should fold our arms and watch people that crossed over 1000miles and river Niger to be attacking our leaders, people, businesses and development we laboured for on the order of one man in London simply because they are Igbos.
Anytime you warn Igbos, they will turn the narrative to Igbos are being threatened. But when Igbos plan attack on Yorubas and Lagos, they suddenly go deaf and mute, all of them.

Well, CP Odumosu has done the needful.. if you can't live peacefully and respect your hosts, go back home.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by kambili999(f): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Very hilarious. Charity begins at home. as long as a lot of igbos don't love themselves, it will be hard to make other tribes love them.

5 Likes

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by BigSarah(f): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
sad, Buhari has said security is everyone's responsibility. Most indigenes haven't even protected themselves gan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by sino2000(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
Gbam!!
Re: South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes by OnionBandit(f): 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigSarah:
sad
Dear, how can I help you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike To Philip Shaibu: You’re An Ingrate For Threatening PDP / President Buhari Condemns Killings In South-Eastern Nigeria. / Atiku Won't Win Delta State (My Personal Observation) - 4teenblaq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.