Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why Always The Army? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Always The Army? (265 Views)

The First African To Attain The Post Of Field Marshal In The Army-photo / ‘leave The Army Out Of Politics And Fake News’ – Nigerian Army / Why Is Beard Allowed In The Navy But Disallowed In The Army And Airforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Always The Army? by ifiokjohn(m): 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
Guys I created this topic because I was curious.
I need answers.

Why is it that any coup that takes place is always staged, conducted by the Army(Ground troops). Why not the Navy or Airforce?
Or are they less powerful than the Army or less in numbers than the Army?
In the numerous coups that have been done in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large, it has always been the country's Army organizing the coup. What is other various military arms doing while this takes place?

Please I will like to be educated on that
Who knows if I get to the Army, I'm planning to also stage a coup( sigh, if only I was in the army now...) I would have brought down this terrorist Govt and every other Governnors in the country.
Re: Why Always The Army? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hmmmmm!!!!
See question and reasoning.

Are you a member of the other arm of the military who is contemplating or thinking of staging one?
Re: Why Always The Army? by Divinefavour1: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
cry

Military rule
Re: Why Always The Army? by obiekunie01: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Because the ground forces are more politically greedy, ruthless and power hungry.

Aside that, they are closer to the seat of power than the rest of the armed forces.

You will notice that in USA they are politically powerless. This is because the USA kept the army were they belong - they used their constitution to keep them very far from the seat of power.

(1) (Reply)

Group Wants Fashola Probed Over Poor Rehabilitation Of Third Mainland Bridge / ..... / DSS Thought Igboho Turned Into Cat To Escape Arrest, Says Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.