Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? (966 Views)

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Yungmil: 3:32am On Jun 20, 2021
Some people dont like going to church but prefers to pray and read the Bible at home.

Does it make them spiritual or they must have to attend church?
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:
Some people dont like going to church but prefers to pray and read the Bible at home.

What is your meaning of "spiritual "? If my "spiritual" you mean "churchy" then there you have your answer. undecided
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Bola146(f): 4:14am On Jun 20, 2021
No
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by tobechi20(m): 4:34am On Jun 20, 2021
Churches makes u religious
Babslawo makes u spiritual
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Joshmodest(m): 6:30am On Jun 20, 2021
There's really nothing special about these churches except u listen to music and a fellow man like u talks to the audience and then u get to pay for both the music and the speech ...Of cos ur pastors wouldn't tell u that cos it's bad for business !
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by triple996(m): 7:03am On Jun 20, 2021
Yes
Inoder to worship gods of men
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by taiwotimitt: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2021
Church is like a hospital, most people that visit hospital are sick people.
Selah
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Jodha(f): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2021
I had this feeling...up till now I'm trying to fight it.....
The bible said we should not forsake the gathering of the brethrens.....also faith cometh by hearing of the word of God....

Yhu can't grow spiritually by sitting at home...
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
Jodha:
I had this feeling...up till now I'm trying to fight it.....
The bible said we should not forsake the gathering of the brethrens.....also faith cometh by hearing of the word of God....

Yhu can't grow spiritually by sitting at home...
Jesus Christ never said that though, and Jesus Christ, not your bible, is the one you are called to obey. undecided
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by efficiencie(m): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:

If the church is a building please stay at home and worship but if the church is a brotherhood in the name of Jesus join them...for the LORD Himself said:

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
efficiencie:

If the church is a building please stay at home and worship but if the church is a brotherhood in the name of Jesus join them...for the LORD Himself said:

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Did Jesus Christ say that if you are not gathered, He is not there with you? undecided

Also, the only brotherhood Jesus Christ ever called anyone of us to is to becoming of Sons of God. Every other kind is meaningless where God is concerned. undecided
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by efficiencie(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Did Jesus Christ say that if you are not gathered, He is not there with you? undecided

Also, the only brotherhood Jesus Christ ever called anyone of us to is to becoming of Sons of God. Every other kind is meaningless where God is concerned. undecided

Your tirade did not address the verse which logically followed from my position!

1 Like

Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
efficiencie:

Your tirade did not address the verse which logically followed from my position!
Open your eyes then..
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ said where 2 or 3 are gathered, a rule much like the law of 2 or 3 witnesses..." by the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses shall a thing be established...." undecided
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by perezeghi: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:

You need to first explain on your own view what it means to be spiritual or you can quote a Bible verse to draw a better meaning to your question so we don't drift off the topic
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by efficiencie(m): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Open your eyes then.. Jesus Christ said where 2 or 3 are gathered, a rule much like the law of 2 or 3 witnesses..." by the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses shall a thing be established...." undecided

baseless critique...anywhere 2 or 3 are gathered signifies that any gathering of those who call upon the Father in the name of Jesus, has the presence of the LORD Jesus...just as the testimony of 2 or 3 does not preclude the testimony of 4, 100, 1000 people in the establishment of the truth...in both instances where the phrase "2 or 3" is used an absolute minimum is stated. Hence according to the scriptures any gathering in the name of Jesus has the presence of the LORD Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by petra1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:

one of the signs of Dpirituality is going to church

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV)
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Jodha(f): 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never said that though, and Jesus Christ, not your bible, is the one you are called to obey. undecided

I don't get yhur point but read Hebrews 10:25
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Jodha:

I don't get yhur point but read Hebrews 10:25
The statement from Hebrew is not attributed to Jesus Christ in anyway. undecided
Also, Jesus Christ is the only whose commands and instructions you are called to trust and obey. undecided
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by orunto27: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
NO. BUT BE CAREFUL THAT YOU DON'T SELL YOUR SOUL TO ATHEIST AND EVIL.
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Image123(m): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:

Churches do not make you spiritual but a spiritual person attends church, except he is in prison or indisposed. You can't sit in your room claiming world best or spiritual. You come out and have your pride and virtue tested. As hypocritical as the church was in Jesus days, it was His manner to be there. Imagine perfect Jesus Christ from Heaven sitting through the dullness of the synagogue services and knowing the sinful life of all the leaders and speakers. He did it as an example.
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Jodha(f): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The statement from Hebrew is not attributed to Jesus Christ in anyway. undecided
Also, Jesus Christ is the only whose commands and instructions you are called to trust and obey. undecided

So yhure saying that any word on the bible that is not said by Jesus is not valid?
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
Jodha:

So yhure saying that any word on the bible that is not said by Jesus is not valid?
First, how in the world did you deduce any of that from what I stated? undecided

Second, are the words of Satan recorded in Job 1 made valid because they are in the Bible? undecided
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by SirLiquidGold: 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
You need to attend church. It's just like a guiding light
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
SirLiquidGold:
You need to attend church. It's just like a guiding light
Who made it a guiding light, and for whom? undecided
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by SirLiquidGold: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who made it a guiding light, and for whom? undecided
Get out of my face abeg
Re: Does Someone Need To Attend Church To Be Spiritual? by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
SirLiquidGold:

Get out of my face abeg
The only way that can happen is if you dont post comments I find to respond to. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Divine Revelation: Fela Kuti Laments Agonizingly From Hell. / To All Muslems / How Should We Worship God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.