Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,450 members, 7,801,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? (953 Views)

Death? What Benefit? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / What Benefit Did You Reap? - Steve Edwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Yungmil: 4:04am On Jun 20, 2021
Please share your thought
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Bola146(f): 4:11am On Jun 20, 2021
A lots! Closeness to God, hearing and learning from His words, to say thank you to Him, to pray for more blessings, etc

2 Likes

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Jun 20, 2021
Bola146:
A lots! Closeness to God, hearing and learning from His words, to say thank you to Him, to pray for more blessings, etc
Yoir churches are founded on the doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ warned where lies that are set to decieve many away from the Truth of God, neutralizing the power of God in the lives of those who listen to these lies, rendering their worship of God meaningless- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 9.

Those who attend churches are further away from God than before they began attending and are taught lies instead of the Truth of God in these churches. undecided
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by tobechi20(m): 4:32am On Jun 20, 2021
How to be a hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by GboyegaD(m): 4:38am On Jun 20, 2021
Fellowship and communion with the brethren.

1 Like

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by hopeforcharles(m): 4:57am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Yoir churches are founded on the doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ warned where lies that are set to decieve many away from the Truth of God, neutralizing the power of God in the lives of those who listen to these lies, rendering their worship of God meaningless- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 9.

Those who attend churches are further away from God than before they began attending and are taught lies instead of the Truth of God in these churches. undecided
You are an agent of darkness. Where will u find the gathering of by the saints if not in the church? Where will Iron Sharpen Iron If not in the house of God, Where will Gladness be found in the spiritual race of a Christian if not in the Church. The best place to be is in The Church.
A quote says When God builds a church the Devil builts his next door. The benefits of going to Church is massive, So if you don't go Dont discourage others.
My Advice is Find a Gospel Teaching Church and join. Keep searching if you haven't found one because your Spiritual life needs it like Air.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by hopeforcharles(m): 4:58am On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:
hopeforcharles:

Where will u find the gathering of by the saints if not in the church? Where will Iron Sharpen Iron If not in the house of God, Where will Gladness be found in the spiritual race of a Christian if not in the Church. The best place to be is in The Church.
A quote says When God builds a church the Devil builts his next door. The benefits of going to Church is massive, So if you don't go Dont discourage others.
My Advice is Find a Gospel Teaching Church and join. Keep searching if you haven't found one because your Spiritual life needs it like Air.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Jun 20, 2021
hopeforcharles:

You are an agent of darkness. Where will u find the gathering of by the saints if not in the church? Where will Iron Sharpen Iron If not in the house of God, Where will Gladness be found in the spiritual race of a Christian if not in the Church. The best place to be is in The Church.
1. Gathering by saints in your churches ? Those who are referred to as saints in the Bible are those who follow only Jesus Christ, in continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. Your churches are instead filled to the brim with sinners and pretend saints who follow and submit and obey only the will of their human pastors and church leaders as well as bank accounts. undecided

3. That quote of yours is useless since it isn't of God and has nothing to do with God but idea of men which are lies where the Truth of God is concerned. My advice for you is that you learn the Truth as taught over 2000 years ago by Jesus Christ, this as written in the Gospels for all to read, and begin obeying His Word for that is the only way you will ever be able to make it to Heaven. Mark 7 vs 1 - 23. Your churches are traps set by the enemy to deceive you all from the Truth of God. Jesus Christ warned you of this over 2000 years ago. Heed Warning- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 9.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:09am On Jun 20, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin solution to all your problem..if u know, u know
If u are in the right church, u will understand
Renewed power too.. alleluia..it's a service station like Mobil and Nnpc..if u want unadulterated type, living faith church winners chapel cannanland is ur plug.. congratulations as u make d right decision
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2021
The Truth is that the church as a whole has lost its savor, so the benefits of going to church, especially the spiritual aspect, are not as much as it used to be in those early days.

However it also depends on the church, because there are some churches that are more spiritually and doctrinally sound than others.

It's my earnest prayer that the church returns to what it used to be in the days of the apostles, when it could be said that the church represented the interest, example and teachings of Christ.

God bless.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Monogamy: 6:18am On Jun 20, 2021
You stop using of your free gifted senses
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by doggedfighter(f): 6:44am On Jun 20, 2021
None at all
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by ProfAmaben(m): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2021
Use that time to learn a skill or get better in the one you have. There's no benefit at all, waste of time and transportation fare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by The5DME(m): 7:33am On Jun 20, 2021
No iota of benefit. Just an absolute waste of time to keep listening to the same thing I've been hearing since I was 5. It hurts my ears.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by drmikeadams(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2021
[quote author=The5DME post=102901845]No iota of benefit. Just an absolute waste of time to keep listening to the same thing I've been hearing since I was 5. It hurts my ears. [/quote

Lol]...the benefit is to get a fornicating partner using Bible
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by jesmond3945: 8:10am On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:
why do we always seek our benefits when it comes to dealing with God? You would always go to bank to withdraw money but you won't want to go to church and commune with your maker?. See is better we stop deceiving ourselves. If you are going to church because of benefits, please stop going. God is not begging anyone and don't expect to build mansion or buy car because you are coming to church. The life God gave me is enough to go and commune with Him out of the love I have for Him.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Yungmil: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2021
The5DME:
No iota of benefit. Just an absolute waste of time to keep listening to the same thing I've been hearing since I was 5. It hurts my ears.
Are u sure about this?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Yungmil: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2021
ProfAmaben:
Use that time to learn a skill or get better in the one you have. There's no benefit at all, waste of time and transportation fare.
Transportation fair? I don't think so
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by ENEMYOFGOD6: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2021
grin grin
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Yungmil: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2021
ENEMYOFGOD6:
grin grin
I love living faith
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Zodiac61(m): 9:08am On Jun 20, 2021
A waste of a few hours.
Time that can never be regained.
Listening to untruths.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:

None! Unless you do not mind acquiring lots of bad things!

I presume you meant the obtaining of good things and if so, you will get little or none at all.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Yungmil: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

None! Unless you do not mind acquiring lots of bad things!

I presume you meant the obtaining of good things and if so, you will get little or none at all.
Are u saying the truth?
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:26am On Jun 20, 2021
jesmond3945:
why do we always seek our benefits when it comes to dealing with God?

That is how Greatly Good God is. He made us to receive the benefits He has already planted for us to receive.

But of course we have a duty to reciprocate.

So, God Allowed it.

jesmond3945:

The life God gave me is enough to go and commune with Him out of the love I have for Him.

This was exact thoughts and opinions of those who are now atheist, when they thought they were Christians.

And they were not but only deceived themselves!

There is A lot to Acquire to Truly be A Christian! There is A Lot!
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2021
Yungmil:
Are u saying the truth?

I Always say the Truth. And the Truth I present are Always verifiable.

It is as simple as this, go to church and come back and speak Only The Truth, whether you obtained " True Good Benefits"!
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Sheunma: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2021
A wife
A husband
A Side chick
Sugar daddy or mummy
Even a gigolo
Charge a phone
Business contacts or connections
Show off ( people go to church just to display what's new in their lives)
Dancing and singing( good for health)
Free meal and drink
To socialize ( good for mental health)
Etc etc
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by KrazyDave16(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2021
Connects frequent places of worship if you play your cards right

Immoral hook-ups (sugar mummy and the likes) aplenty

Wanna learn an illegal profession (yahoo n robbery)? They got you, only attend the popular churches cos those guys love to show off

Look for the "one" that completes you

Keep your neighbours from gossiping unnecessarily

But honestly it's a waste of time going. You can find most of what I listed anywhere
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2021
to go and look nyash. different shapes. different sizes.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2021
The church is a group of worshipers not the building!

So any group of people gathering for the purpose of worship is "Church" that's why you have a gathering called "Church of Satan" today.

Now to address your question, the main purpose why Jesus ordered his followers to gather is for God's Holy Spirit to assist them in propagating the good news of God's kingdom as a congregation! Matthew 18:20 compare to Matthew 28:19-20

So any gathering where all the members are not trained to go out PREACHING and TEACHING in their neighbourhood as commissioned by Christ has nothing to do with Jesus of Nazareth! Act 1:8 smiley

Yungmil:

Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by jesmond3945: 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is how Greatly Good God is. He made us to receive the benefits He has already planted for us to receive.

But of course we have a duty to reciprocate.

So, God Allowed it.

This was exact thoughts and opinions of those who are now atheist, when they thought they were Christians.

And they were not but only deceived themselves!

There is A lot to Acquire to Truly be A Christian! There is A Lot!
no I disagree. It is a selfish mindset to always relate to God based on what to benefit.
If you want to acquire or benefit anything, go and get a skill or a start a business, work hard and pray to God to bless the business. It is His own perogative to bless or not to. God cannot give you Gwagon because you go to church.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by CyberHustle: 1:11pm On Jun 20, 2021
Going to church presents you the chance to come under the sound of the voice of God's servant and prophets and light bearers.
Typing...

Acts 14:22 and 15:32 are few examples of how the apostles strengthened the congregation with the word of God. Church service is meant to strengthen your spirit and soul.
When Peter wanted to help the man at the beautiful gate, what did he engage? strength! Silver and Gold I have none but what he had(strength) he gave and the man received strength in his leg. He said "what I have I give..." and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength to walk. Acts 3:7.
Acts 15:41 and 16:5 also solidifies this argument.

The word also sanctifies. Whether you like or not the is dirt in the spirit realm and the word sanctifies. The effects of church services are so numerous.
Re: What Benefit Can One Get From Going To Church? by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
CyberHustle:
Going to church present you the chance to come under the sound of the voice of God's servant and prophets and light bearers.
Typing...
The opposite. What you hear in your churches are nothing but lies that are meant to draw you further and further away from the Truth of God, neutralizing the power of God in your lives and rendering your worship of God meaningless- Matthew 15 vs 1- 9 undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truth About Hip Hop / The Da Vinci Story Or The Bible Story / Between Obasanjo And Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.