Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

"Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others (45651 Views)

Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It / Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen / Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2021
Badonasty:
He should start by closing is Facebook and other social media accounts
Is he spending the majority of his time there? Read the post and stop making misguided statement.

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by lasisi69(f): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2021
TeDesQ:

Nigga fvck off. Do you know the number of youths who earn a living from the Internet. Just fvck off.
okay, I have undecided undecided undecided
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by TeDesQ: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2021
Myer:

You disagree that social media is making most youths of this generation less productive?
You disagree that social media consumes most of the time of the youths that could have been used instead for productivity viz- work, study, physical socialization, etc?
You disagree that majority of social media users only use it for unproductive and illegal activities?

Yes, there's still a sizeable number of youth that use social media productively, but it's negative impact on the youth of our generation cannot be denied.

Should it be regulated? And to what extent, should be the issue at hand.

Abeg shift
It's just about control and domination nothing else. You don't know how people in seats of power think.

5 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by egunna(m): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Religion na politics.
Regulation of SM or freedom of expression should not amount to restriction of same freedom.
African leaders most times are beclouded with their position or power, they hardly see the bigger picture of how they'll want to be viewed after they are no longer in position of power.

Deep Quote
The only constant thing in life is change but most people holding leadership positions in Africa become brain drain due to greed to hold unto power.

@Seniorwriter
senior writer sir, which one is "become brain drain"?the English sweet u and you no know how to use am ne?

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Vireani79: 8:41am On Jun 20, 2021
TeDesQ:
I disagree

When people no longer have strong grip over controlling people, they feel threatened.

It's control freaks that would have such ìdeologies seeing that massive amount of people they once had as captives are no longer captives of their ìdeologies and control.

The world will continue to be a free place for people and will never return to an era where people are dominated and controlled people by fiat

It's control freaks that need to develop restraint and control themselves
U said it all
They are afraid that their lies with the bible will be debated and more knowledge can be achieved from that
And they will become irrelevant

These same god of men where saying no social media regulations
Today he is saying another thing
Since after the lock down they know they have lost a grip on the minds of people
As people saw through the lies they sold for years

3 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by loswhite(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2021
Mikecold:
Where are those always saying oyedepo speaks out and Adeboye don't

Hope you can see speaking out is not a guarantee someone has sense, I prefer the way Adeboye reacted to the Twitter ban

Are you saying the USA, China etc that their youths are using social media don't have future?

When his generation didn't have social media what have they achieved for this country with their focus

When has it become government responsibility to parent youths on internet
Lol does restricting social media include stopping ppl from chatting? The headlines and the entire story is just nonsense
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by edoairways: 8:43am On Jun 20, 2021
grossintel:
I'm disappointed, this is an example of irrational thinking. He can as well encourage FG to ban mobile phone and laptops entirely since yahoo boys use it for fraud.

Ban kitchen knives because women are now using it to kill their husbands and boyfriends.

The benefits of social media can never be overlooked, if not for YouTube I wouldn't have learnt coding, graphics design or game development.

If not for Nairaland, I wouldn't have known freelancing works and how to go about getting clients abroad who pay well.

If not for Facebook, I wouldn't know the best and trending products to dropship.

If not for Twitter, SARS will still be out there killing youths for owning an iPhone.

Whats my own, can they really sensor social media? I don't think it's ever going to happen. Nigerians are very smart people with dump leaders so they will end up paying catchup.
It doesn't stop you from doing your job however the cleric only call for regulation since it is been abused. So many fake news flying everywhere
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by loswhite(m): 8:43am On Jun 20, 2021
iamimohtal:
Hahaha....I have seen wat his generation is doing...abeg today nah Sunday, I don't want to say shit
His so called productive generation has destroyed Nigeria..lol

4 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by lastempero: 8:44am On Jun 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
This caption is so wrong. Taking what he said out of context.

Please read what he said carefully before you allow the devil use you to comment nonsense.

He spoke the pure truth!

Your level for the church go don pass sheep level.

4 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by hotseat: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2021
I hope the god of men won't claim he was quoted out of context tomorrow.

SM has come to stay!

Oledepo should focus his attention on his gullible members and the dumb students of his money spinning universities.

Those who hate criticism love themselves more than truth.

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Tomilola360: 8:47am On Jun 20, 2021
LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTHS - BUHARI
YOUTHS CAN'T THINK - OYEDEPO

grin

Muslim and Christian Terrorists.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by favour32(m): 8:48am On Jun 20, 2021
Stale news before Twitter ban.
Op what do you expect to gain with this?
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2021
loswhite:
Lol does restricting social media include stopping ppl from chatting? The headlines and the entire story is just nonsense
Whether restricting people from chatting or restricting social media, this is not their business

Every one have their personal lives, he is talking as if it's his children or covenant students that comprises the whole youths

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by DenreleDave(m): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2021
MansoryMX:

I stay online 18 hours of the day doing programming and other forms of advertising and ads. This is the first time I will admit what I do for a living in Nairaland. My daily bread comes from social media! If them ban am! Thank God North Korea now have Nuclear bomb and are willing to sell to anyone who can afford it. Na to level this country make everybody rest!

Now u said u do for programming where u earn a living but majority of youth only use it to talk from morning to night doing ntn relevant... Show off and other useless things
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2021
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by chukel(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2021
barragan:
First time I'll agree with this fraud.
i de tell you. First time in history he is making sense.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by NewDelhi(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2021
rayvelez:
Another gibberish from yahoo yahho pastor.
He's a pastor what else do you expect.. he dread his members/followers using their brains and thinking.

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by chukel(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2021
Tomide007:
Oyedepo never talked about governmental regulation. He's talking about addiction. Why do bloggers just love twisting information.
read the last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by RichBoy247: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2021
You won't see that clown called Righteousness, an educated illiterate brainwashed into submission of his fundamental human right.

His spiritual father is talking nonsense, Righteousness will never be brave enough to tell his spiritual father to keep shut before Holy and unHoly Spirits slap him.

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Ecstacys(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2021
stupid man shey he don gather tithe and offering d youths have known

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by MansoryMX(m): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2021
DenreleDave:

Now u said u do for programming where u earn a living but majority of youth only use it to talk from morning to night doing ntn relevant... Show off and other useless things

Just because of one bad for inside crate you go throw the whole eggs away? People lost a lot when this government ban twitter. People lost millions of naira! Now this! If government try am! Endsars will be nothing compare to what’s gonna happen. this country go catch fire walahi!

4 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by stanliwise(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2021
KingAlabi:
I agree to an extent with this, this year I have found out how distracting notifications can be.

Try it for a day, turn on do not disturb, and work on a task
PS : the above are for the social media freaks.
Straw man fallacy.
He was talking about the Government regulating it. Not to individuals, we are not kids

3 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2021
Oyedepo is scared of online pastors like my humble self who God is using to daily free Christians from the grips of false teachers like Oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by techWriter1: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2021
Your General Overseer Has Spoken
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Zodiac61(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2021
I agree with Oyedepo for perhaps the only time ever.
The government should regulate Oyedepo and other conman like him off social media.
Who made the fool censor-in-chief?
All he wants to do is silence those who do not agree with the snake oil he is selling.

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by WaffenSS(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
They have taken away so many things from us...no food, no house, no healthcare, no good road, no jobs, yet they want to take away free speech from us...God why?

Papa God help this country!

I don't know where you got the idea that government is responsible for giving you food, housing, and jobs.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by sigiyaya112: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2021
barragan:
If you now he is a fraud (which i know he is) the you should know why the only support he has ever given to Buhari's government is regulate social media. He want to stop people like you from calling him fraud and exposing his calamities and wickedness on the social media sad

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by falseprophet: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2021
barragan:

you agree with him and still call him fraud, well i agree with the fraud part only

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by babydioku(f): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2021
maybe we should also regulate churches and make them pay taxes. And if possible make you pay extra taxes for your jets

5 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by beejayjohn(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2021
Is it not social media he's using to post this shit, how about millions of Nigeria that earn a living through social media. He can go ahead and regulate social media for his church members and his school. Greedy old man.

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by TheFacelessMan: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2021
He has a strong point
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by EgobiambuEmmanuel(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2021
grossintel:
I'm disappointed, this is an example of irrational thinking. He can as well encourage FG to ban mobile phone and laptops entirely since yahoo boys use it for fraud.

Ban kitchen knives because women are now using it to kill their husbands and boyfriends.

The benefits of social media can never be overlooked, if not for YouTube I wouldn't have learnt coding, graphics design or game development.

If not for Nairaland, I wouldn't have known freelancing works and how to go about getting clients abroad who pay well.

If not for Facebook, I wouldn't know the best and trending products to dropship.

If not for Twitter, SARS will still be out there killing youths for owning an iPhone.

Whats my own, can they really sensor social media? I don't think it's ever going to happen. Nigerians are very smart people with dump leaders so they will end up paying catchup.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ogun Todaju / TB Joshua Made Childless Couples To Exchange Spouses –ex-worker / Salvation Ministries Collapse: 10 Persons Dead, 8 Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.