Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? (24348 Views)

How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget / Why Do We Always Cook Rice On Sundays? / Why Do Most Nigerian Families Eat Rice On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Opak001(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
Food assumed to be expensive are cooked on Sunday....
We do pounded yam and varieties of soup.
That's my Sunday.
Hope u know how yo pound?!
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by amechispeaks(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
Bro, as far as Nigeria is concerned, we cook rice almost everyday.

Need a competent, creative, and experienced writer? Reach out to me 08033422206
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Slimsly100(f): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
Exactly what I thought of that made me decide to prepare okra soup with 9lives for today. It had enough seafood in it and I prefer it to the usual Sunday rice sef. And as I dey see am so, I don't think I'll continue with that every Sunday rice tradition again
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Mummyfour(f): 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=xcuggsm post=103141900]
[b]Why nah! Do you want to go to HELL FIRE⁉️
Haven't you heard that one Daddy man of God has proclaimed that "anybody that does not eat RICE on Sunday will not make Heaven"?
The current BEAN and EBA & OKRO SOUP you eat on Sundays make you a sure candidate for Hellfire! PLEASE REPENT NOW FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND
grin Hian!! Who be this one biko?
You and that your pastor that is worshipping rice every Sunday need serious repentance
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Mummyfour(f): 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
andrewtosin:
Ofe mmanu wink
grin proudly ofe mmanu dot. Com
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by mrkings84(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2021
Me am just noticing this now cos growing up, we (in my family) didn't have a special meal on Sunday rather we had a rota for meals in days of the week. So whatever meal falls on any day was what was prepared....
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Btruth: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
SweetBuns:
Back in the olden days, rice was a very special food, only cooked twice or Thrice in a year, depending on the families denomination (New year, Easter and Christmas )

Then it became more common and then was cooked every Sunday, and then every other day

But that tradition of cooking it every Sunday still persists

Our parents learnt it from theirs, we learnt it from ours and we will soon teach our kids

That’s just it
.....hummmm.
....iresi!
grin
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by kazobaba1985: 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
Sunday is for yam ooo grin
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by frozen70(f): 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
BadRadio:
grin

Have u ever thought of it.

U pay a visit and u are being served ricegrin

Rice is the only food that can go round the family and still remains the same the next day
It's easier to prepare with less stress unlike preparing soup and Semo vita
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Henryfour(m): 8:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
for the associate you are referring ...

please send them the link below �.
Let them click the link and fill the form there in.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdP22NxWkpFRwS1VR_nAsplqkzMeYwcLJgyj-uHcqhPCmolXw/viewform

This is so we can make arrangements on training them ,

*then let them select other - and put the name of the scout (i.e Okereke uchechukwu) that referred them for proper tracking and documentation*.
Kindly let me hv d names of those dat hv completed d form ASAP.
Send ur details to me after filling 07016714007
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by TruthinAction: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
Do people still do it? I thought it was years back.
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by rumzy1(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
bro no be everything dem dey think o Just go along with d flow
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by orumba(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
Easily served
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by alizma: 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
Sugar97:
It's in the constitution dear
Lol, abeg which paragraph
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Scamburster(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
BadRadio:
grin

Have u ever thought of it.

U pay a visit and u are being served ricegrin

LOL,mass acceptance food because of too much of Sunday visitors.
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Emeka71(m): 6:17am On Jun 28, 2021
BadRadio:
lol
Rice is easier to cook on Sunday service.
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by MASCOTECH: 10:28am On Jun 28, 2021
The same reason we do so on special occasions including Muslim and Christian celebrations, New year and special events . Sunday is special.
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by sharisto(m): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2021
no be 4 AKWACROSS......come and see afang soup and fufu.....wetin carry calabar man join with rice.....
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2021
BECAUSE RICE WAS A SPECIAL FOOD THEN AND SUNDAY IS SPECIAL DAY TOO.
Re: Why Do Most People Cook Rice On Sundays??? by Misternas89(m): 9:57am On Jun 29, 2021
Abikeade11:
For my house, our own na pounded yam not rice bcus that's the only day of the week that we have time to pound.
With this tiny hand u go use pound yam tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Common Types Of People You Meet At A Nigerian Buka / Drinking/sippin Garri. Is It Gud Or Bad? / What Is Its Original Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.