Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media (719 Views)

Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by richmond500: 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
Pls, no insult biko, if u disagree, just say ur point with minimal insults grin

He(Oyedepo's) never wished for govt to ban social media or total restrictions but he supports regulation of social media and addiction to it.
Believe it or not, there are a lot of people that misuse social media, even on NL, go to investment and business threads, and u won't see any meaningful discussion except bet9ja, meanwhile we spend most times on NK, Tinubu, Ipob, Yoruba, Ijaw, escapades and other non valuable threads than we do on investment threads (I am also guilty of that).

His opinion is that, if these continues, we will loose some of the youths to the serpent called social media, people who naturally are destined to be giants when our era finally kicks off will be destroyed.
This isn't time to attack him but I think we should discipline ourselves and also spend time in building our future.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by insidelife22(m): 1:13pm On Jun 20, 2021
let him come and brake it down for us

1 Like

Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by 3lovelyflowers(f): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
shocked
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by yanabasee1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
Daddy G.O...................at!!!
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Hyperchi(m): 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
my bro there is noting to defend there. there is noting ppl do not misuse, even drugs, will u say DA should ban panadol coz ppl misuse it.
how can govt regulate what DA did not create, if not to ban it.
coz ppl use it to expose some church practice that why. if it about govt regulating church practice they will come out against it.
tell ur daddy Go to go and sit. if naija youth come for him it will not be funny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Commentor: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
grin
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by richmond500: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hyperchi:
my bro there is noting to defend there. there is noting ppl do not misuse, even drugs, will u say DA should ban panadol coz ppl misuse it.
how can govt regulate what DA did not create, if not to ban it.
coz ppl use it to expose some church practice that why. if it about govt regulating church practice they will come out against it.
tell ur daddy Go to go and sit. if naija youth come for him it will not be funny
This is what we fail to understand, he never said ban, he was talking about regulations and for govt to look for a way so people don't get addicted to it.
He isn't my GO and this is the first time I agree with him
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by chymes0359(m): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nonsense thread!

People misuse everything even opportunity of life.

People have different mind set.

And that's what you cant control.

Other nation ain't better than us.

And for what it is we all know why PMB ban twitter.

Think your Daddy G. O is wrong.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
Na because your pastor talk am, na why you talk say we misunderstood wetin em talk.

If na buhari talk am, shee, una no go find excuses give am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Onepeople: 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
chymes0359:
Nonsense thread!

People misuse everything even opportunity of life.

People have different mind set.

And that's what you cant control.

Other nation ain't better than us.

And for what it is we all know why PMB ban twitter.

Think your Daddy G. O is wrong.

you have to agree with him ,because this time around his opinion is tendon with the actions of the tyrant in Aso rock, who you represent and support at all time.nobody is expecting oyedipo to be your GO,Buhari is your Go.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Hyperchi(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
richmond500:
This is what we fail to understand, he never said ban, he was talking about regulations and for govt to look for a way so people don't get addicted to it.
tell me what way FG can regulate what they did not create.
so if someone expose the nepotism in govt they should delete it. or if it during the End SARS they should go for those that are victim. oyedapo knows where he is driven to. he knows u can't control what u did not create. u can only take them to court which can also effect u, if u also post fake news.
the America GOP took social media to court and it all bounce back. when trump post news they verify it and delete it if it a lie. who lose
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by lastempero: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
richmond500:

If he understands what a free society entails, he wont make such comment. It's just like asking the govt to ban freedom of speech because some people dish out nonsense. He could have admonished the youths to regulate the time they spend on social media than asking our overdo govt to regulate it and we know what the twitter ban is causing already.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by richmond500: 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
lastempero:

If he understands what a free society entails, he wont make such comment. It's just like asking the govt to ban freedom of speech because some people dish out nonsense. He could have admonished the youths to regulate the time they spend on social media than asking our overdo govt to regulate it and we know what the twitter ban is causing already.
Na wa o, I am done with this talk, he was not even concerned about the kinds of speech that comes from SM, he was talking about addiction to it and wants the govt to find a way to control that, he cares more about the youths than we even care about ourselves
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by murphyibiam15(m): 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
richmond500:
[s] Pls, no insult biko, if u disagree, just say ur point with minimal insults grin

He(Oyedepo's) never wished for govt to ban social media or total restrictions but he supports regulation of social media and addiction to it.
Believe it or not, there are a lot of people that misuse social media, even on NL, go to investment and business threads, and u won't see any meaningful discussion except bet9ja, meanwhile we spend most times on NK, Tinubu, Ipob, Yoruba, Ijaw, escapades and other non valuable threads than we do on investment threads (I am also guilty of that).

His opinion is that, if these continues, we will loose some of the youths to the serpent called social media, people who naturally are destined to be giants when our era finally kicks off will be destroyed.
This isn't time to attack him but I think we should discipline ourselves and also spend time in building our future[/s] .
Buhari will soon regulate the church too

1 Like

Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by advanceDNA: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
richmond500:

This isn't time to attack him but I think we should discipline ourselves and also spend time in building our future.

U have time..
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Abedfff14: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
even if what PMB, posted was against twitter law, they should have thought well before acting, seeing he is he president and his country's unity and security is important to him and left to him on how he goes about it, or what will twitter do to those using twitter to undermine national unity and security. twitter flaunted their powers and the president also flaunted his powers. what will be good for both sides is either twitter should leave their hands off how to regulate what post is what in the nigerian social media space concerning unity ,security and sessionist etc which will require them to beg the president or federal government, and say sorry, we would not interfare for una country matter again, or they come for dialougue with fg presenting to them their terms of national unity and security.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by omaclarry(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
You all should realise that religion and politics are the same, infact religion birthed politics to control humanity. Religion will always support politics unless the politics tries to control religion and we know religion always come out top cos na dem b boss. Y didnt oyedepo support the bill to control religion since we know there are many fake pastors hiding under churches to scam people, but he's rushing to support media regulation just because like politics, religious ills can also be exposed through media, and that they dont want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by SMI2020: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nobody misunderstood anything, d guy is always loud, sometimes he Dey think say na him b d return of David for bible,
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by omaclarry(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Abedfff14:
even if what PMB, posted was against twitter law, they should have thought well before acting, seeing he is he president and his country's unity and security is important to him and left to him on how he goes about it, or what will twitter do to those using twitter to undermine national unity and security. twitter flaunted their powers and the president also flaunted his powers. what will be good for both sides is either twitter should leave their hands off how to regulate what post is what in the nigerian social media space concerning unity ,security and sessionist etc which will require them to beg the president or federal government, and say sorry, we would not interfare for una country matter again, or they come for dialougue with fg presenting to them their terms of national unity and security.

Buhari personal account is treated same way as any other person on twitter, the only account that can get preference is the account of the president of nigeria, and u cant post rubbish using that account cos it is the voice of the presidency/Nigeria. The implication is that Buhari can post rubbish on personal account and claim he posted his opinion as an individual and not as a president, so if his tweet cause problem, u can only sue Mr buhari, and not president buhari/nigeria and for u to do dat u go wait make him tenur finish as a president cos of imunity. That why if u read twitters memo the said they deleted "Mr Buhari's tweet" and not president buhari. Same way trump used his personal account to tweet his opinions and not the account of the POTUS cos his opinions are not same as that of the presidency, and he got deleted for incitement.

1 Like

Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Abedfff14: 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
omaclarry:

Buhari personal account is treated same way as any other person on twitter, the only account that can get preference is the account of the president of nigeria, and u cant post rubbish using that account cos it is the voice of the presidency/Nigeria. The implication is that Buhari can post rubbish on personal account and claim he posted his opinion as an individual and not as a president, so if his tweet cause problem, u can only sue Mr buhari, and not president buhari/nigeria and for u to do dat u go wait make him tenur finish as a president cos of imunity. That why if u read twitters memo the said they deleted "Mr Buhari's tweet" and not president buhari. Same way trump used his personal account to tweet his opinions and not the account of the POTUS cos his opinions are not same as that of the presidency, and he got deleted for incitement.
incitement,yes where, in usa or in nigeria seeing twitter is a company incorporated in US.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by lastempero: 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
richmond500:
Na wa o, I am done with this talk, he was not even concerned about the kinds of speech that comes from SM, he was talking about addiction to it and wants the govt to find a way to control that, he cares more about the youths than we even care about ourselves

Your level go don pass sheep level 4 the church.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by richmond500: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
lastempero:

Your level go don pass sheep level 4 the church.
I am not a member of living faith church
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Cabble4(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
I just recalled similar case with the Presidency. Whenever Buhari made a public statement like the "someone can't sit in Lagos and decide for APC"", his media aid will come out to explain the real message. I'm just surprised, is it that these people don't just know how to communicate or they just pretend? Those that feel the need like oop to explain, what's their purpose?
Because as far as I am concerned, explaining his message is like telling us that, he Doesn't know how to communicate because I'm not insane.
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Captain8(m): 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
oledepo is a criminal.. there is no truth can be found in him...
Re: We Misunderstood Oyedepo's Point On Social Media by Gambit23: 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
richmond500:

He should shut up his mouth n focus on his useless church with brainwashed members...

Nigeria has massive state backed terrorism + economic wahala, he should talk about those ones.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Sleep Paralysis Or Vision. Share Your Experience / Am I Filled With The Holy Ghost Or What Is Happening. / Olamide Is A Member Of Illuminati-evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo Aka Mummy Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.