Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? (806 Views)

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by KnownUnknown: 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

All men sin and are guilty of sin!

I am exempt and I have documents to prove my exemption.
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
KnownUnknown:

I am exempt and I have documents to prove my exemption.

grin Ok! However I am not The Judge who shall review the validity of your documents. grin
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by shadeyinka(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
budaatum:

No, I have not. I sell myself on my capabilities and only seek employment with those who value it in me because I am not into the faith selling business.

An employer who wants to hire because of faith does not have a need for me, and if I am asked about faith in a job interview it would be time for me to say "thank you for your time but you are not the employer for me". I wouldn't even apply for such jobs in the first place because they'd operate more by faith than by work which I value much more. It's called knowing one's worth and value.

Imagine them solving problems with "let us pray" instead of using our God given brains to solve problems and you might understand why I would not bother applying to work for an employer that gets its manna (profit) from heaven.
My wife's only offence was not being a Muslim!
For several years while we were newly married, she would be invited for interview, she would pass the interview, the immediate boss to be would desire her BUT her "Christian" middle name was a give-away. In one occasion, one of the "Oga at the top" was ready to help if she could convert to Islam. Another one said to her: "You are even a christian. ...Can you not see that the atmosphere has changed? ...the vacancy is reserved for Muslims".

This was in Government Establishments in a state in Nigeria. She's on her own now and well established.

There are several other examples I have first hand experience about with respect to student admission in a University where your scores doesn't matter if you are a Christian; Muslims with lower scores will get preferential admission before you.

That's why I said: only the victims can understand
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by shadeyinka(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2021
budaatum:
shadeyinka, this moght interest you. I found it amusing.

Prayer Marketing Executive https://g.co/kgs/F2XLC1
The advert is amusing indeed.
I think the overall purpose is vague.

All they need are people who will come to pray for nations and churches everywhere in the world. They probably thought the advert is catchy but for me, it's a turn-off
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by compton11(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

All men sin and are guilty of sin!
and Abraham was a fornicator!
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by budaatum: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

The advert is amusing indeed.
I think the overall purpose is vague.

All they need are people who will come to pray for nations and churches everywhere in the world. They probably thought the advert is catchy but for me, it's a turn-off

Lol. The job description does more credit to the advert. Pity it's lost in the detail.
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by budaatum: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

My wife's only offence was not being a Muslim!
For several years while we were newly married, she would be invited for interview, she would pass the interview, the immediate boss to be would desire her BUT her "Christian" middle name was a give-away. In one occasion, one of the "Oga at the top" was ready to help if she could convert to Islam. Another one said to her: "You are even a christian. ...Can you not see that the atmosphere has changed? ...the vacancy is reserved for Muslims".

This was in Government Establishments in a state in Nigeria. She's on her own now and well established.

There are several other examples I have first hand experience about with respect to student admission in a University where your scores doesn't matter if you are a Christian; Muslims with lower scores will get preferential admission before you.

That's why I said: only the victims can understand

Your wife is one single person. Lots of people with Christian names get employed everyday so she should perhaps change where she's looking and not limit herself by being a victim.

If her God is not providing what she wants, she's either not worshipping her God in the correct way or she is worshipping the wrong God and should change Gods.

When buda say yes, buda's God says, "Yes! Yes!" That is what is promised and a labourer must be paid.

Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by shadeyinka(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
budaatum:

Your wife is one single person. Lots of people with Christian names get employed everyday so she should perhaps change where she's looking and not limit herself by being a victim.

If her God is not providing what she wants, she's either not worshipping her God in the correct way or she is worshipping the wrong God and should change Gods.

When buda say yes, buda's God says, "Yes! Yes!" That is what is promised and a labourer must be paid.
You didn't read my post, did you.
I gave you one specific example: my wife
I gave you nonspecific generalized example: students in a particular university

I also told you my wife is now well established! Have God not been faithful to her?

BTW:
The kingdom of God is not in food or drinks (supplies)
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by shadeyinka(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
budaatum:

Lol. The job description does more credit to the advert. Pity it's lost in the detail.
Of course!
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by budaatum: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

You didn't read my post, did you.
I gave you one specific example: my wife
I gave you nonspecific generalized example: students in a particular university

I also told you my wife is now well established! Have God not been faithful to her?

BTW:
The kingdom of God is not in food or drinks (supplies)
And I'm still certain you know many Christians employed by Muslims and vice versa.
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by kindlyheart: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
haekymbahd:
Ask the Christians. They are the ones who can legally by their religion practice taqiyyahon Muslims without their conscience pricking them.

2 Corinthians 6
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness?

I didn't write the above it is an instruction giving to them in the bible

that was the old testament... quote from the new testament
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by haekymbahd(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
kindlyheart:

that was the old testament... quote from the new testament
Are you a Christian I can't believe you don't know Corinthians is from the new testament by Apostle Paul himself.
Re: Can Nigerian Christian And Muslim Ever Unite? by kindlyheart: 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
haekymbahd:
Are you a Christian I can't believe you don't know Corinthians is from the new testament by Apostle Paul himself.

100% Christian

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In / Why You Will Never Be Satisfied When You Receive All That You Prayed / Apostle Johnson Suleman Launches A New Social Media App “HOSGRAM”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.