Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65651 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by kenzysmith: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
U re very very stupid 580k for bride price is ur family selling u off no wonder men beat d hell at of u wen ever u Sharp ur mouth in marriage gerrout of here idiot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Anusiemgood(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
You get luck he even reply you self... Me, I will snub you dey move my move..

Imagine rubbish, even this babe know get conscience ooo

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by IJOBA11: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
okomile:
Good one from the man!

Sister, build your home with your husband and not your family member.

If he gives in to this, it will not stop. U better apologize and be a wife to your man.

Happy married life
FI OKOMI LE

IS THAT YOUR NAMEgrin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ishilove: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
This is an old story na
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ceede2: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Correct man.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Sniper4real(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
This story don tey now.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by chukwuibuipob: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
sad
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by brutal1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
He owes your family nothing but to take care of you and the children. He is not the husband of your family members...or is your brothers wife inviting him to the honeymoon Your father shouldn't have even send your husband a list...for what If your brother is not buoyant enough he should hold on till he can fund his wedding ..Poverty is your family problem...your daddy should handle his created problems and not drag the guy into it ....nonsense...I am angry right now !

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Focusmind: 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
Twitter stories and lies sad

I will report you all to Lai Mohammed and Malami for prosecution. Our darling president banned twitter and you people are having conversion about a post on twitter grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by seunny4lif(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
I know it’s a joke joor grin
Else I go sue the family
Which kind family be this? You no dey work and the guy dey manage get 70K in a month.
70K abi na Dollars?
What’s 70K in Nigeria now?
Ungrateful wife
With 70K per month, I go just give am belle without Marriage

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by INCREDIBLE007(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
grin

he is married to you not your family

helping your family members is a good move on the sides
but it's by choice and depends on the financial and connection muscle of your husband in the now .

in all of this
apply wisdom

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by pocohantas(f): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
This one is not even entitlement, na stupidity.

580k from 70k salary? Meaning 8 months of intense labour was gone in 60 seconds.

Una suppose use the guy picture do pendant. If the wife has any sense, she shouldn’t be found making an issue out of this.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by sexy74(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
My sister you are quite funny ooh.
How do you expect him to contribute to your brother's wedding?
If I may ask did your brother or family member contribute to hia?
Just as you said that your father said it is tradition he has to do what on the list they gave him.
So I say to you too your brother should of marry his wife alone , your husband has no role to play in his marriage , it is tradirion your family should cater for their responsibility .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by kokomilala(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
You either misplaced the meaning of being responsible or you gave it an extended meaning. Yet still, I think you prevaricated the word to suit your narrative. Your husband is responsible, and has done no wrong.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ednut1(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your father is mad. May ogun punish him
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by biggz82: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Make dem use d bride price help dem self
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Apst: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Elohor shey na village witch dey worry u? I have three inlaws and my sisters have never asked them for help for their brothers even during my marriage or that of my younger brother. Eight months into marrige na 120k bill u take slam the man. Hmm some people no dey shame sha. So ur younger brother wan marry and he cant man up for the bills? And u want to scatter ur marriage because ur ur brother marriage oya go ur fathers house go sit down na. Shameless family quote author=insidelife22 post=102912295]you can not eat your cake and have it back[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
Dont wanna believe what I just read

Maybe I don't understand what she's trying to say

Very funny

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by seyz91(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
cheesy
degenuine1:
He has really tried.. shows he loves you. You will be surprised what most men will do from the day they saw that compulsory list. grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by lapazi(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
my own issue is not even with the family or the husband, is the brother that wants to marry but cant raise 400k.

no be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ngwababe(f): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your parents are selfish and greedy.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Monday60655(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
You're the one that want to scatter your marriage . When your husband paid your bride price did his father shared the said 580k to his own in-law?
Go to your husband and apologize to him.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by seyz91(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
Confirm!
hisgrace090:
Dear lady it seems you're there to render the young man useless.

Have you ever asked if he has finished paying back the money he payed your bride price with?
Cant you start up something so you can help your family as he did to his instead of carrying both family with 70k salary?

When looking for partner, beware of liability that comes with entitlement mentality.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ngwababe(f): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
lapazi:
my own issue is not even with the family or the husband, is the brother that wants to marry but cant raise 400k.

no be juju be that?

Serious juju oo. Him get mind chop him fellow man ₦580k but no get 400k. Him dey mad infact.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by seyz91(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
Confirm!
Luckylife:
Imagine the reaction of a wife the man marry , A good wife that was train well and understand the situation of things now Should stand with her husband or even respectfully beg him to contribute any amount if he which. Why must he as in-law contribute for his wife brother to get married ? I stand with the husband in any decisions he makes and that's what is expected from his wife .
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by isa6namo(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
Madam you're very heartless,you mean after draining the man from his savings you still get mind to come tell us say him no help your family? Which help again? That was a life time help he just did. Stingy Men of Nigeria Association will never forgive you
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Idzitari1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
This lady is jst stupid nd out of this world. U don't deserve to get married at all. Did ur husband ask ur brother to get married or is he his dad, so because he is married to u ur family problem ar his responsibility? What a stone-age fool

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by okomile(f): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
IJOBA11:
FI OKOMI LE

IS THAT YOUR NAMEgrin

That's my name

What's wrong with it?
grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by KunleyY19(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
We done read am before na.... grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Lasky2000: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
I support your husband action 100 %,your family have in the name of tradition eaten all that could have eaten for years once. Your brother marriage is your family responsibility,your husband responsibility is voluntary and not being rail roaded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? / My Cousin's Advances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.