Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,781 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed (35965 Views)

14 Children, 1 Teacher Killed In Texas School Shooting: Governor / Cameroon: 22 Including 14 Children 1 Pregnant Woman Killed In Violent Attack-BBC / Doug Jones Won The Senate Seat In Alabama Over A Child Rapist Republican Roy Moo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by Sleekfingers: 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
NwaIgboBoy:
When I hear Alabama , it reminds me of the movie "Captain Phillip".

tom hanks......kinda like that movie

1 Like

Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by milky3(f): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
It is well
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by YoungboyNBA(m): 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
What about the ones here nko.

I haven't seen RIP to dead people for some time now. Have we gotten used to it abii what
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
shegzhkn:

Captain Philip is from Vermont.

And Alabama was not referenced at all.

Oversabi No Good At All

The name of the ship in the movie is Maersk Alabama

1 Like

Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
crazyABO:
Senators representing the state sent their condolences, mayor, governor and sooner or later the presidential will. But when hundred of lives are lost or goes missing , ain't nobody saying nothing about it angry bloody mf. May their souls rest in peace cry
This reminds me of a statement Stalin supposedly made
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by Investorlex(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Condolences to all that lost there life��

Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by PAWG(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
amrichy:
Here in Nigeria, we are very fortunate to have relatively nice weather and we hardly experience any seriously devastating natural disaster. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, we have created (and still creating) far worse artificial disasters for ourselves through our greed, self-centeredness and religious bigotry.
Can Nigeria still be a great country or is all hope lost?

Let me add this also:
Posting "Rest in Peace" or "RIP" on social media when someone dies is clearly a futile exercise. Your wish for the dead (whether good or bad) will be of no consequence whatsoever. So instead of the RIP post, a better thing to do is to use that sad occasion to reflect on the reality of death for every human; that one day you too will die. The more you do this, the more aware you will become of the ephemeral and transient nature of your existence. Hopefully, this will make you put more thought into HOW you live your life.

It’s just a kind gesture and show of empathy for the deceased, nothing more. Just like wishing someone a safe trip and success in exams, it’ll in no way affect possible outcomes. What’s up with you sef?

If this flood had happened at Lagos I’m pretty sure you’d have attributed it to bad governance.

1 Like

Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by ofiko123(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
RIP to the dead... May the soul of the faithful departed rest in peace..
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by Reglad2020: 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
In addition Remember to give your life to Jesus Christ before you die.
amrichy:
Here in Nigeria, we are very fortunate to have relatively nice weather and we hardly experience any seriously devastating natural disaster. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, we have created (and still creating) far worse artificial disasters for ourselves through our greed, self-centeredness and religious bigotry.
Can Nigeria still be a great country or is all hope lost?

Let me add this also:
Posting "Rest in Peace" or "RIP" on social media when someone dies is clearly a futile exercise. Your wish for the dead (whether good or bad) will be of no consequence whatsoever. So instead of the RIP post, a better thing to do is to use that sad occasion to reflect on the reality of death for every human; that one day you too will die. The more you do this, the more aware you will become of the ephemeral and transient nature of your existence. Hopefully, this will make you put more thought into HOW you live your life.
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by shegzhkn: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Faller:

Oversabi No Good At All

The name of the ship in the movie is Maersk Alabama

Lol.

i downplayed little detail.
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by jaxxy(m): 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Traffic control and break down on high ways need to be handled more effectively and efficiently especially is the tropical areas and raining season. U can be speeding unnecessarily.
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by Yeahmehn: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Why is that all these storms and hurricanes are named after women?! Maybe my observation is off but I'm yet to hear anyone named after a man

1 Like

Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by iswallker(m): 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
We Live in very crazy Abnormal times..
The sort of Events hitting Nations in these times are very abnormal, wierd and Fearful.

Various cities and Nations are being swallowed by strange events.

The truth of the Matter is that we are in the Endtimes.
Infact we are in the Last of the last of the Last days. These things are gonna Increase.

What is vital for everyone is to sort out your Personal relationship with JESUS Christ...
Anything can happen at anytime.
Preparation for your Eternity is very highly Vital..

Prayers for the families of the dead..

Tot you wanted to say sort out your belongings

And wait for the bus - since it's the last if the last dYs

grin grin
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by jojo1415: 4:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Such a loss....and some people in Nigeria wil be shouting...i want to go to America cry kiss
Re: Alabama Crash: 9 Children, 1 Adult Killed by ageraGT: 7:27am On Jun 21, 2021
Nigerians notice how they didn't show gore pictures of the accident. GOOD.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zelensky Speech With Nazi Azov Battalion Prompts Greek Lawmakers To Walk Out / 'Dead' Woman Comes Back To Life At Her Funeral / SA To Build Fence On Zimbabwe Border 'To Stem Virus'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.