Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? (837 Views)

No Hit No Single Yet This Musician Always Does Giveaways (pictures) / Some Hit Songs Of Yesteryears. What Do You Think / Naija Music Start Davido Shares First Photo With His Son. Names Him David Adedej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
This 2021 is already getting to it's Midpoint and every sector in Nigeria must be counting dier Gains!!

But in the Nigerian Music Industry, There has been a Lull!.
No Hit Songs that Shakes Clubs, Parties and events, like some in the Past!!..

Songs like
If-Davido (2017)
Fia- Davido (2017)
Pana-Tekno (2016)
Yawa-Tekno(2017)
Limpopo-Kcee (2013)
Soco- Wizkid (2018)
Dumebi-Rema(2019)
Stupid love- Olamide(2012)
+Other Great Classic hits of the past.

This year 2021, there has been no STAND OUT song!!

Some relatively average songs are now like Hit Songs..e.g
Don dada-Timaya
Body-Mayorkun
Highway-DJ Kaywise, etc..
And dat Useless Naira Marley's song when he was talking about missionary, cowgirl, etc she say Aha a, she say Oho oo.. undecided angry
Average songs, we have seen dis 2021!!

What's the cause??
*Are our Artistes losing dier Talents??
*Or they were not even talented in d ist place?
*Or there are no Music producers.. sad
*Or it's a natural phenomenon..

What do you think??

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by etrange: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
It's possible the musicians are still recovering from the pandemic effects or the fans are not in the mood to make hit songs at this moment in time seeing the state of the country. I said fans caused songs don't just become hit cause the beatings and lyrics are cool, but also because they drop at a time when people are receptive of them. All these have to fall into place for a track to be successful.

Meanwhile, what you call "average" is completely based on your own taste/preference. If those songs are hit, they're hit.

3 Likes

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
etrange:
It's possible the musicians are still recovering from the pandemic effects or the fans are not in the mood to make hit songs at this moment in time seeing the state of the country. I said fans caused songs don't just become hit cause the beatings and lyrics are cool, but also because they drop at a time when people are receptive of them. All these have to fall into place for a track to be successful.

Meanwhile, what you call "average" is completely based on your own taste/preference. If those songs are hit, they're hit.

Oh,based on the Covid of last year!!
Mayb, dats a reason!!..

For what you said on an Hit Song, wouldn't say it's based on my opinion!!

When you listen to a Hit Song, You will feel it@once!!
E.g Bobo- Olamide(2015)..
Dat song, Only the Intro Alone is a Hit.. cheesy cool

4 Likes

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by kestolove95(m): 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
the only hit song this year is by naira marley ft busiswa Titled "comin"

3 Likes

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by etrange: 11:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Oh,based on the Covid of last year!!
Mayb, dats a reason!!..

For what you said on an Hit Song, wouldn't say it's based on my opinion!!

When you listen to a Hit Song, You will feel it@once!!
E.g Bobo- Olamide(2015)..
Dat song, Only the Intro Alone is a Hit.. cheesy cool

I see. Well... you love the song, and it's okey to call it a hit cause a lot of people liked and played it. But even poorly done works have ended up being hits in the past too, and some better works never made it. That's because music is an art, there's really no standard for measuring what will be a hit. Beats, lyrics, location, timing, the artist's reputation, the audience (demography, etc), all intertwine with luck to make it very unpredictable. That's why you sometimes wonder why people are mad over a certain song you personally find unappealing.

If there's no song people have liked in common this year like those hit songs you mentioned, then it's okay to wonder why the year is musically dry. But if those ones you call "average" are widely accepted, played and enjoyed by fans all over the country, then they are just as hit, and only average based on your own standard. The point here being that being a hit is not really about the highly subjective quality of the song but more about how well it's accepted by the audience; the part I think is unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by AstroG: 12:12am On Jun 21, 2021
All those saying that their no hits this year at just gullible and blind

So these below are not smash hits undecided

Olamide ft Omah lay- Infinity

Ajebo Hustlers ft Omah lay - Pronto

Phyno ft Kaywise - Highway

Omah lay - Godly

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Incips: 1:49am On Jun 21, 2021
I think there is no hit song in 2021 because the poets do not write good potery.
Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:19am On Jun 21, 2021
AstroG:
All those saying that their no hits this year at just gullible and blind

So these below are not smash hits undecided

Olamide ft Omah lay- Infinity

Ajebo Hustlers ft Omah lay - Pronto

Phyno ft Kaywise - Highway

Omah lay - Godly

Really??
Those songs u listed aren't Hits!!..Maybe just trendy songs..
Ask some Nigerians now. Many haven't heard of 'Pronto' or 'Infinity'..

But songs like
Godwin- Korede Bello
Raggae blues- Harry Songz..

The whole country heard the songs..Even Pastors, 80 yr olds and deaf pple.. smiley cheesy cheesy
Dats my point!!
Diz are d Hit songs I am referring to..

4 Likes

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:28am On Jun 21, 2021
kestolove95:
the only hit song this year is by naira marley ft busiswa Titled "comin"

Lolss..
Am cumming, am cumming.. undecided cheesy cheesy
She say Ohooo, She say Ahaaa, She say Eheeyy.. sad

I so much hate that song..

But It's one Song that is closest of being a Hit in this 2021!!
Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Dreadlock69(m): 8:08am On Jun 21, 2021
Bella shurmda

Omah lay

Ruger

Rema

Anytime any day

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by AstroG: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Really??
Those songs u listed aren't Hits!!..Maybe just trendy songs..
Ask some Nigerians now. Many haven't heard of 'Pronto' or 'Infinity'..

But songs like
Godwin- Korede Bello
Raggae blues- Harry Songz..

The whole country heard the songs..Even Pastors, 80 yr olds and deaf pple.. smiley cheesy cheesy
Dats my point!!
Diz are d Hit songs I am referring to..

I have noting to say to you
Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Robertgreene1(m): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2021
i tire o...ystaday I watched naija top 10 countdown on MTV Base that I so much enjoyed back then when better hits still full ground nd I almost threw up at d quality of hits that made d top 10...dt olamide's wack hit "Rock" was even no 2...never even heard either d name of d artist or d wack track dt made no 1 position sef....infact dt "no 1" was so bad I changed d damn channel 4 good...
Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Polynek(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2021
What OP said is true, I remember when Phyno and Olamide released FADA- FADA

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by AyoII(m): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by GeneralPula: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2021
IF is the only hit song on that list..

Good music died long time ago, even in America..

You can’t be singing about women always and expect people not to get tired. Too much of everything is bad..

Nigeria needs a fresh tune and any artist that’s lucky to see that will make a jam..

2 Likes

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by GeneralPula: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Lolss..
Am cumming, am cumming.. undecided cheesy cheesy
She say Ohooo, She say Ahaaa, She say Eheeyy.. sad

I so much hate that song..

But It's one Song that is closest of being a Hit in this 2021!!

That song isn’t a hit... It’s just a song of the moment.

My fav Nigeria hit song of all time is Bigiano - Shayo!

2 Likes

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Vinnie2000(m): 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
Robertgreene1:
i tire o...ystaday I watched naija top 10 on MTV Base that I so much enjoyed back then when better hits still full ground nd I almost threw up at d quality of hits that made d top 10...dt olamide's wack hit "Rock" was even no 2...never even heard either d name of d artist or d wack track dt made no 1 sef....infact dt "no 1" was so bad I changed d damn channel 4 good...s

Correct, Bro!!
I watched one MTV base Top 10 List recently!!
I saw Ruger's Bounce in d 1st Position!!
Ruger??.. shocked
In 2016,2017, etc, Dat song wouldn't make a Top 50 countdown!! sad

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Vinnie2000(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
GeneralPula:
IF is the only hit song on that list..

Good music died long time ago, even in America..

You can’t be singing about women always and expect people not to get tired. Too much of everything is bad..

Nigeria needs a fresh tune and any artist that’s lucky to see that will make a jam..

Nice one, Boss!!

You have put down a probable reason for dis..

The 'Baby Whine your waist' and 'Shake am for me' Vibes has been overused and some Artistes know this!!

Meaning Artistes needs to get More creative!!
But can dey??

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by jimmychang: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Feeling by Ladipoe ft Buju grin grin grin grin

That song na bomb

4 Likes

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Vinnie2000(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Polynek:
What OP said is true, I remember when Phyno and Olamide released FADA- FADA

Welldone, Sir!!
You understand d post!!

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by Cholls(m): 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
My brothers abeg make una check if na your papa I don check no be my papa

1 Like

Re: Naija Music: Why No Hit Songs In 2021?? by GeneralPula: 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Nice one, Boss!!

You have put down a probable reason for dis..

The 'Baby Whine your waist' and 'Shake am for me' Vibes has been overused and some Artistes know this!!

Meaning Artistes needs to get More creative!!
But can dey??

I can only hope they can bro.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Slams Boyfriend For Failing To Buy Her Iphone 11 Pro Max / My Girlfriend Is Too Possessive. / Hotel Prices In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.