Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Happy Father's Day To My MUM - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Father's Day To My MUM (1044 Views)

Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / Happy Father's Day To All Men / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hi everyone I just want to wish my mum a happy Father's day for taking the bravest responsibility of taking care of us single handedly an enforcing the dual parenting in us
I Love you Mum
Happy Father's day to you an to all Amazing DAD(mum)

My Mum fills a void an represents everything Fatherhood
It's not all about Gender but who plays the role better

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by chatinent: 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hi Pam, are you married? smiley
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by amaham(m): 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
Poor girl with daddy issues. It really sucks growing up without a Dad. Forgive your dad sweetheart and halt this bitterness from spreading to your future generations

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by bukatyne(f): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
Juicypamela:
Hi everyone I just want to wish my mum a happy Father's day for taking the bravest responsibility of taking care of us single handedly an enforcing the dual parenting in us
I Love you Mum

Tragic.

God bless your mum.

A super mom does not equal a dad.

The best your mom can be is a super mom.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by airex(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Juicypamela:
I Love you Mum
Dad and mum CANNOT be the same no matter how hard you try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
Op, Happy Father's Day to your mother.

I strongly believe that a man who wants to be celebrated will act accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Ritzybeauty(f): 6:29am On Jun 21, 2021
Unfortunately I see what some father do for their children and I can't help but wish I had one in my life, he is still alive but doesn't act as a father to me,my mom has always been the one there right from day one.. God would continue to bless her for me.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Arsenate(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2021
KimberlyWest:
Op, Happy Father's Day to your mother.

I strongly believe that a man who wants to be celebrated will act accordingly.
Yeah, we celebrate mother's day every month without men making it about themselves because mothers are flawless and are always acting accordingly. Keep encouraging damage girls to continue in their bitter path.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by crackhaus: 7:10am On Jun 21, 2021
Arsenate:

Yeah, we celebrate mother's day every month without men making it about themselves because mothers are flawless and are always acting accordingly. Keep encouraging damage girls to continue in their bitter path.
gringrin
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Arsenate(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2021
crackhaus:

gringrin
Man, these women can really be annoying. They have like what, 364 days to whinge about how men are not the angelic, flawless beings they are supposed to be, but they always opt to do that on just the one day set aside to celebrate men. Stinking the whole place with their moaning.
Fuckknng annoying..

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by nigerianrevolut(f): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2021
This is very wrong ma. My mummy can never replace my daddy no matter what. Whether he is dead or alive. The same way Northerners can never be as progressive as Southerners.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 21, 2021
Arsenate:

cool I was once like you, screaming, "Leave Father's Day for Fathers," up and down. Now I know better.

Some of these kids grew up seeing their mother shoulder ALL responsibilities. Not because the man is not capable of doing it or the economy is not favourable, but because he just chose not to.

After seeing all of these, you expect them to get up on Father's Day and write epistle about how their father is an exemplary figure, okwaya?

cool If any child choose to celebrate his/her mother on Father's Day, then they have EVERY right to do that. They're not bitter, it's simply a reaction to someone's action. Some of them have more love to give than you can imagine.

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by iyke649(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2021
KimberlyWest:

cool I was once like you, screaming, "Leave Father's Day for Fathers," up and down. Now I know better.

Some of these kids grew up seeing their mother shoulder ALL responsibilities. Not because the man is not capable of doing it or the economy is not favourable, but because he just chose not to.

After seeing all of these, you expect them to get up on Father's Day and write epistle about how their father is an exemplary figure, okwaya?

cool If any child choose to celebrate his/her mother on Father's Day, then they have EVERY right to do that. They're not bitter, it's simply a reaction to someone's action. Some of them have more love to give than you can imagine.
The best is for people in ur category to set aside a day and call it super mom day.

4 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Arsenate(m): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2021
KimberlyWest:

My point is; there are bad fathers just like there are bad mothers. You don't see men talk about the many evil mothers on the numerous mother's days. You women should let the good fathers enjoy one day, ffs.You have hundreds other days to cry about deadbeat dads, fuckkingn let men enjoy one day. How hard can that be?

3 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Arsenate(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2021
iyke649:
The best is for people in ur category to set aside a day and call it super mom day.
And this brother here just put my entire thought in a much fewer words.

5 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 9:24am On Jun 21, 2021
Juicypamela:
I Love you Mum

That's cute. Although I was raised by a single mom, I would never wish her a happy father's day. She is not my father, was never and will never.

Stop being silly.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Tragic.

God bless your mum.

A super mom does not equal a dad.

The best your mom can be is a super mom.

Being a mom is enough.
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by bukatyne(f): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2021
KimberlyWest:

Are all mothers perfect?

If no, do you see people calling their dads super moms on any of the numerous mother's days?

4 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by bukatyne(f): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

Being a mom is enough.

Well womanhood is never enough for them.

It must be super mom, independent woman, strong woman, boss lady.....

There must be some sort of adjective. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2021
Quit mentioning me, please. Thank you. If the Op chooses to celebrate her mother on Father's Day, leave her alone. If it's paining you, then go ahead and celebrate your Father on Mother's Day! Case closed. Y'all are not in her shoes. She's an adult and has every right to do whatever she deems fit! Stop being all judgemental.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Well womanhood is never enough for them.

It must be super mom, independent woman, strong woman, boss lady.....

There must be some sort of adjective. undecided

That's silly tbh.
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 9:41am On Jun 21, 2021
KimberlyWest:

That their father didn't shoulder nothing and left everything for their mum does not mean every father in the world is same.

If they celebrate their mum on fathers day, should they celebrate her on mother's day?

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Are all mothers perfect?

If no, do you see people calling their dads super moms on any of the numerous mother's days?

I'm beginning to think it's jealousy. They celebrate theirs at least 4x a year. Just this one day, they want to also take it.

They should also celebrate their mum on world AIDS day, in short every celebration should be about mum.

My mum was and is the best to ever happen to me, that I am not celebrating my dad doesn't mean I should celebrate her. It's like an insult to her.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

That their father didn't shoulder nothing and left everything for their mum does not mean every father in the world is same.

If they celebrate their mum on fathers day, should they celebrate her on mother's day?

I totally understand your point, which is why I'm responding to this. Otherwise, I'd have read and ignored the mention.

All fathers are not the same, and it's why the Op used, "my mum."

And if kids in this situation choose to celebrate their mother on both days for playing both roles, then I have no issues with that. I wonder why some people do.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I still wish people would reason things from Op's angle. I doubt if it's easy celebrating a mother while everyone else is celebrating their father. She probably spent hours watching others post and wishing she could do the same thing as them.

Why people are acting like she committed a crime is what I'm still trying to understand.

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2021
Lastly, Op, Daalį»„! The Lord is your strength.

smiley PLEASE, I'll really appreciate it if nobody mentions my moniker again, over this particular issue. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by bukatyne(f): 10:30am On Jun 21, 2021
Regex:

I'm beginning to think it's jealousy. They celebrate theirs at least 4x a year. Just this one day, they want to also take it.

They should also celebrate their mum on world AIDS day, in short every celebration should be about mum.

My mum was and is the best to ever happen to me, that I am not celebrating my dad doesn't mean I should celebrate her. It's like an insult to her.

@bold:

100%
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2021
KimberlyWest:

I totally understand your point, which is why I'm responding to this. Otherwise, I'd have read and ignored the mention.

All fathers are not the same, and it's why the Op used, "my mum."

And if kids in this situation choose to celebrate their mother on both days for playing both roles, then I have no issues with that. I wonder why some people do.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I still wish people would reason things from Op's angle. I doubt if it's easy celebrating a mother while everyone else is celebrating their father. She probably spent hours watching others post and wishing she could do the same thing as them.

Why people are acting like she committed a crime is what I'm still trying to understand.

It isn't easy celebrating a mum on father's day whilst others are celebrating their dad.

But there are those who's mum is either late or dead beat, and was raised by their father only, do you think it's OK to celebrate their father on mother's day too?

It is not a crime to celebrate one's mum on father's day, but it's unethical and unbalanced. It's either celebrate your dad, or you don't.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2021
Some of the comments above are senseless and it's one of the reasons this site sucks. Why don't y'all let her celebrate her mom?

Regex:

It is not a crime to celebrate one's mum on father's day, but it's unethical and unbalanced. It's either celebrate your dad, or you don't.
What is unethical and unbalanced about it? People will be using words they don't even understand.

Give me a philosophical argument on what makes her celebrating her mom on Father's Day unethical and unbalanced?

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Juicypamela(f): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2021
I don't know about you but my mum has been representing Fatherhood

An is not all about gender
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by mariahAngel(f): 11:53am On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=Juicypamela post=102940580][/quote]

If Fathers' day reminds you of all the sacrifices your mother made(that your father should have), by all means, celebrate her.
You have the right to celebrate her as much as you're inspired to.
At least, you chose to celebrate your mum instead of bashing your dad. That is being grateful for what you have, instead of being resentful for what you never had.
On any day of celebration, we have the right to choose who to celebrate.
Let us always remember that before gender, we're humans first.

1 Like

Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2021
Juicypamela:
my dear the truth is that our mothers who are amazing has been doing exactly what dad ought to be

But they can never be our father. There's this void they can't fill. As much as I wish my mum could, but she can't because, she's a woman and a mother.
Re: Happy Father's Day To My MUM by Regex: 11:57am On Jun 21, 2021
Yxwqq:
Some of the comments above are senseless and it's one of the reasons this site sucks. Why don't y'all let her celebrate her mom?

What is unethical and unbalanced about it? People will be using words they don't even understand.

Give me a philosophical argument on what makes her celebrating her mom on Father's Day unethical and unbalanced? You're talking to a Philosophy guru, so wassup?

OK. How do you feel if I should celebrate my dad on mother's day? Seems you are the one who needs studying on the word 'unethical' and 'unbalanced'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join Happy Couples Intl / Help Me With Accomodation / *****August 2023 Giveaway ****** =N=1000 Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.