Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund (12813 Views)

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Return N1.3bn, EFCC Tells Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Berezuski: 4:06am On Jun 21, 2021
By Salifu Usman

Barely days to the end of the second quarter of this year, fact has emerged that only three billion naira out of the approved N12.5 billion was made available for disbursement to youths under the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF).

The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development last year got approval from the Federal Executive Council, directing the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to make N12.5 billions available in the first tranche of NYIF operated by the ministry .

However, checks by our correspondent confirmed that only N3 billion has been made available by the CBN to NIRSAL Microfinance Bank (NMFB) through which some youths have secured loans of various amounts under the NYIF scheme.

Meanwhile, the ministry in a statement said it has disbursed loans to 5,200 youths amounting to one billion, six hundred and twenty-nine million, two hundred and twenty thousand naira (N1,629,220,000.00).

The information was contained in the latest update provided to the ministry by the NIRSAL Micro Finance Bank (NMFB), which disbursed the loan. The update also showed plans to disburse funds to another batch of 25,000 youth as soon as their loan applications are approved.

The total eligible applications, according to update, is 6054 out of which the 5,200 disbursements were made, leaving the number of those that have been approved but yet to get disbursement, at 854. The number of unqualified applicants for the batch is 721

An advisory from the ministry revealed that some applications were turned down due to the inability of the applicants to provide valid or correct contact details for communication on further steps in the loan application; or had existing AGSMEIS or COVID-19 Loan while some others were more than 35 years old, which puts them beyond the age bracket for youth.

Other reasons are that the applicants had poor credit rating or currently had a non-performing loan with some others failing to provide a valid BVN as well as incomplete or incorrect BVN.

The statement signed by the director of press and public relations, Mohammed Manga, reminded the beneficiaries and applicants that the monies disbursed by NYIF to youths are not grants, but repayable loans.

https://leadership.ng/only-n3bn-released-from-n12-5bn-youth-investment-fund/amp/

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Berezuski: 4:10am On Jun 21, 2021
Oga Dare.
If the BVN was used for age verification, how come persons of over 35yrs of age were registered?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Atiwaye: 4:16am On Jun 21, 2021
Corruption everywhere, they gave you something to share it but you withhold it. Poor credit score in Nigeria system.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Grace001: 4:27am On Jun 21, 2021
It’s not new, don’t be surprise that slots for this loans are given to their families and friends.

Useless country

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Jesse6(m): 5:18am On Jun 21, 2021
If i just reason the kind money wey these people dey loot since 19s
E dey pain me

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Mysticwebb: 5:30am On Jun 21, 2021
Same corruption intended actions. N12b approved, only N3b released. Instead of disbursing the released N3b, they disbursed N1.6b and kept the balance.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Yankee101: 5:33am On Jun 21, 2021
And where's the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Bossontop(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2021
undecided
The remaining don disappear into thin air like.......

[img]https://media1./images/9e9fdd1ebe593f3adf24b829a0f5a989/tenor.gif?itemid=3377649[/img]

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by GodSaklek(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2021
Where are those money? Those stolen money still come back to people but to brainless slay queens.

Slay queens in Nigeria benefits from this stolen money most because they dates senators,Chiefs,Ministers,Honourables, Alhajis,DPO etc, they spends half of stolen money lavishly to buy cars,houses etc for side chicks,slays queens,Nollywood actresses etc,and the laters whos comes from poor families will flunt expenses jewelries,cars,houses on internet,they will caption it with "Hard work paid off,see what God has just done for me",yet they have no sources of income but they depends on stolen money from politicians.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Npmedia(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2021
grin
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Mcfi(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2021
We just keep swimming and going deeper in deceit, lies and corruption.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by LeeSantos(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Wahala,they don't even have the fund. No wonder they are asking heaven from candidates. Thumb print your finger, scan Ur eyes, clean Ur tattoo, submit NEPA bill, check if BVN is correct. All requirements and it's only 3bn they have in their pocket.

3 Likes

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by mbahfrankuc(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2021
If

You

Ask
Me
Na
Who
I
Go
Ask?
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by mytime24(f): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Theives
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Sirdan247(m): 6:24am On Jun 21, 2021
No hope. I gave up long time ago. This country and corruption na padi padi

1 Like

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by ichommy(m): 6:26am On Jun 21, 2021
Oga Dare, Haba.

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Odunolumide(m): 6:28am On Jun 21, 2021
Some youths cashed out when the first batch of payment was made.
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Ezedon(m): 6:28am On Jun 21, 2021
Where is the money?
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by TexZy6562: 6:28am On Jun 21, 2021
Where's the remaining balance[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Revere27: 6:30am On Jun 21, 2021
It's a known fact that a certain percentage of the money would be embezzled.

Cbn should kindly release the money to them so as for NYIF to disburse the money to the necessary beneficiaries even if we know that the program is also another avenue for scam process.
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by whela(m): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2021
The rest has been shared since...
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by AlexGofGod: 6:32am On Jun 21, 2021
How do we know one is not qualify beside, criterials for disqualification does not affect me and I did not get any loan, does that mean I am among the remaining 800? I want to. BeLieve there is lies in the figure. God will liberate us someday

1 Like

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by cardoctor(m): 6:33am On Jun 21, 2021
One chance
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Sunnybay7: 6:37am On Jun 21, 2021
Ok money is missing story again
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by degenuine1(m): 6:40am On Jun 21, 2021
Not a new thing in Nigeria.

Next..
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by domainfully: 6:40am On Jun 21, 2021
Youths don't need to wait eternally for the government to make it in life.

They should struggle to be self-made. You can get free cry.pto coi ns by registering with the link in my signature. Please don't forget to thank me later!
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Powersurge: 6:40am On Jun 21, 2021
Nigerian programs are only on paper. I applied for AGSMEIS loan since October last year, I have not been called for ordinary interview. After SMEDAN staff subtly bullied us that if we don't use their man fir business plan OYO was our case.

On paper, the whole process supposed to last for 6 weeks.

Government programs, just like the budget is only on paper. That's why this country will keep crawling. How do you jump-start the economy when initiatives are only on paper?

2 Likes

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Terver90: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2021
They have ruined the beautiful objective of this program, youth companies applied for 3million naira ended up getting 300k naira approved which they deducted tax and it fell back to 273k which could barely fund any serious business enterprise. My company's plans were grounded by this dissapointing situation. Honestly the lack of implementation is a serious evil, I wonder if the government is really serious about MSME growth in this country, because most potential viable businesses that has genuine intentions and capacity to reduce unemployment are facing difficulty in assessing funds. GOD save and bless NIGERIA amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Norski15: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2021
Where's bal of 9.5b,

1 Like

Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Generalwoodz(m): 6:43am On Jun 21, 2021
These old evil corrupt politicians will still loot funds meant for youths.
Re: Only ₦3Bn Released From ₦12.5bn Youth Investment Fund by Norski15: 6:44am On Jun 21, 2021
Where's bal of 9.5b

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Under Pressure To End Fuel, Naira Disasters / Senator Dickson Shares Food To Bayelsa Residents As Christmas/New Year Gifts / N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.