Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay (25256 Views)

My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World / Lagos: Third Most Stressful City In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Emily22(m): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:
When I talk now, some low class trash, would make it an issue of tribalism.......... cheesy

No talk baba

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by MeghaneMorgane(f): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2021
When you have lived life outside Lagos, you will realise that the stress in Lagos is not worth it. As far as I am concerned, people in other cities in Nigeria have better quality of life than people in Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by pacespot(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
The problem is that lagos development pattern is anti masses and pro super rich. People keep eulogizing someone like Tinubu because they are ignorant of how a city with enormous potentials like Lagos should be arranged. Lagos housing scheme should have been made a private and public partnership, where some investors come together in alliance with the government to erect an estate of high-rise buildings in strategic areas so as to free the city's road networks and expand on new ones. But instead people see Lagos as a place of segregated livings where the rich neighborhoods are separated from the poor. Lagos roads should have been extended to 25 or more lanes and many overhead paths are built to suffice the congested areas. This is possible if residential settlements are aggregated into certain areas with skyscrapers that can accommodate between 500+ apartments in each. People say skyscrapers are costly but the cost of building one mansion for a single family is far greater. Land development should be the exclusive reserve of the government and some private investors. Lagos has the money and potentials to do all this provided the money is judiciously spent. Financially capable people can also donate money to government's housing scheme, in this case, they will be considered in the housing lease before others. The land fragmentation in Lagos will not get the city anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Lexusgs430: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2021
Emily22:

No talk baba

Some people would deem it, hate speech......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by bahdpersona(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2021
LeeSantos:
That's why when some persons come, they run back and start shouting Lagos is a shithole, slum from their villages..

Lagos is very very very competitive.
There's 10,000+ banker better than u
10,000+ physician better than you
10, 000+ Marketers better than you
10,000+Physicists better than you
For a apartment u want to rent for ₦200k there are 10,000 person that want to pay ₦500k
Think you have one connection, when you come, that your connection dey learn for where 10,000 person connection dey.
Where u come from they call you God of trekking, come and check 10,000+ person's shoes and u go hail

So many person in your field better than you.

So it highly competitive, and human nature doesn't like competition.
you're very right on this sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by bahdpersona(m): 9:19am On Jun 21, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Yorubas have destroy Lagos.
Rubbish
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by nomenclature(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2021
You don't get the point
LeeSantos:
That's why when some persons come, they run back and start shouting Lagos is a shithole, slum from their villages..

For a apartment u want to rent for ₦200k there are 10,000 person that want to pay ₦500k
Think you have one connection, when you come, that your connection dey learn for where 10,000 person connection dey.
Where u come from they call you God of trekking, come and check 10,000+ person's shoes and u go hail

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Jeetech01(m): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2021
Lagos is not for the lazy people.

You gat to be smart while in Lagos

However, in regards to the stress, I well agree.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by redsun(m): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2021
Lagos like every so-called city in Nigeria is a junkyard. It will another 50 to 100 years of structured town planning and infrastructural development for it to be called a city.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Agricaddict(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2021
Monogamy:

I see, it's logical to say if Igbo's are the one who developed Lagos, then Yorubas must be the one that underdeveloped SE entirely

I literally don't know what to say here
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by LegalWolf: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2021
ZUBY77:
It should be number one. Even Baghdad is better than Lagos in terms of stress.
Driving from Mile 2 to Badagry is like a war Zone since 12 years ago.
I think the reports says so. Only Mumbai beats Lagos in terms of stress. That City called Lagos is the most useless in the world I kid you not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by LegalWolf: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2021
paschalj4:
cool cool cool We don't have to worry about this analysis conducted by a german firm popularly known as (vaay). Cause am very optimistic that in due time gov sanwo olu, will fix this, and lagos will be the (Newyork City) of Nigeria. A city less stressful, well secured, and massive infastructural development for the ease of doing business.

I think youre being sarcastic. Truth be told, sanwo is trying infrastructure wise. Albeit, lagos has a lot of structural problems that even angel gabriel cannot resolve
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Hawkler: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
So it's landmass that stop ur slum and brown roofs from developing.
Shut up! do you know SWesterner are the most accommodative set of people, forget abt hoodlums you meet in Lagos most of them are not even from SW but can speak fluently like parrot. But in SE hmmm but much envy, jeolousy, greediness etc. nobody LL sell a swampy piece of land for you since you are not from there. So whats the legacy at the end.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2021
What d difference between Mumbai and Lagos
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Unrated900(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2021
chigoziri2403:
People that live in Lagos have engine oil as blood, they breathe in carbon monoxide and breathe out oxygen

65% of people who made it in Nigeria
Made their wealth in Lagos
Also if you are coming to Lagos
Fasten your belt and hold ur phones tight
Cos Lagos na no mans land
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Adakintroy: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2021
I bet the first is new york.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by paschalj4(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2021
LegalWolf:

I think youre being sarcastic. Truth be told, sanwo is trying infrastructure wise. Albeit, lagos has a lot of structural problems that even angel gabriel cannot resolve
Well, i am not being too sarcastic as you claim, i am only being optimistic about what the future holds for a fast growing city like lagos, though i must admit that we are coupled with a lot of structural problem (when it comes to infastructural development) in lagos. Hav'nt said that, i know an angle gabriel won't come down from heaven to fix our nation, but with our collective effort we can but heads together in moving this nation foward, by doing the right thing in electing credible and reliable leaders that will transform the image of this nation, to what we will all be proud of in the future.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Kingstanding: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2021
landforeast:

Lagos City does not need to be congested if there is a good road and train Network. Soeone can live in Abeokuta peacefully and work in Lagos without undergoing any form of stress. But the leaders are not putting up their thninking cap when formulating policies that will guide their developmental plans.
. You're damn right. Our government lack of vision and very wicked. Like you said I could remembered when I was in Netherlands, I resided in Amsterdam city and I worked in Groningen which is 181.5 kilometers distance from where I lived could you believe that by train is just 2 hours 5 minutes. And I do go to work 6 days in a week, there train is electric train not like our own locomotive train.Nigeria is just a shithole country.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Uchemus(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2021
LeeSantos:

So this is what you wrote in defence of the slum. So because Lagos is competitive, then it's a good enough reason for the poor quality of life? Nigerians and Mediocrity..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Jesse6(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2021
Bros I say money dey Lagos
I no wan talk again
Edusouls:
How much u don get from Lagos? Stop deceiving ur self no money in Lagos, but only suffering and stress
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Impactever(m): 10:45am On Jun 21, 2021
chigoziri2403:
People that live in Lagos have engine oil as blood, they breathe in carbon monoxide and breathe out oxygen

Hahahaha.... See savage .... Walahi Lagos is over crowded....No breathing space .. Especially the mainland Areas like Mushin, Agege, Alimosho, Ajegunle, Ijaiye, Abule-Egba, Ojokoro.. Ketu , Orile mile 2. .. etc ......No be small thing oh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Jesuyinka01(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Yorubas have destroy Lagos.

You don't even get sense I swear

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Gval123: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2021
Loloz. Dirty place. In fact, the full country dirty die.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by tolufase: 11:13am On Jun 21, 2021
evasunny06:
[b][/b]seems they have ever welcome you to Lagos bro ��

Not really, but a lot of friends are victims. I don't spend more than two or three days in that city before I find my way out
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by LegalWolf: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2021
paschalj4:
Well, i am not being too sarcastic as you claim, i am only being optimistic about what the future holds for a fast growing city like lagos, though i must admit that we are coupled with a lot of structural problem (when it comes to infastructural development) in lagos. Hav'nt said that, i know an angle gabriel won't come down from heaven to fix our nation, but with our collective effort we can but heads together in moving this nation foward, by doing the right thing in electing credible and reliable leaders that will transform the image of this nation, to what we will all be proud of in the future.

I concede. I completely agree with your position
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by TemmyDayo50(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2021
LeeSantos:

Couldn't have been better said. Succint!
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Goldenboy333(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=chigoziri2403 post=102931330]People that live in Lagos have engine oil as blood, they breathe in carbon monoxide and breathe out oxygen[/quote

Mad o I fear you but you're right
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
I can't stay in lagos. My guy wants me to join him der but i cant. I'm very ok here
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by DrewMX(m): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
Lagos- the city of hustlers. Kudos to the researchers, their analysis is very accurate. My work is not stressful, but traffic congestion to and fro in Lagos made it look burdensome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Social Media Influencers Stage Upset Against APC,PDP. / Marshal Obuzor, Wike's Aide, Endorses Tinubu: He Has One Leg In Aso Rock / ‘I Look Forward To Working With You ' - UK PM Writes Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.