Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,819 members, 7,798,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Jesus Christ Crucified Calls Each Of Us To Be With HIM - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Crucified Calls Each Of Us To Be With HIM (159 Views)

Jesus Christ Crucified Calls The Shots In Our Lives / Jesus Christ Crucified Calls You To His Mercy Now / Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Crucified Calls Each Of Us To Be With HIM by ochibuogwu5: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2021
"And He went up on the hillside and called to Him [for Himself] those whom He wanted and chose, and they came to Him.

14 And He appointed twelve to continue to be with Him, and that He might send them out to preach [as apostles or special messengers]

15 And to have authority and power to heal the sick and to drive out demons:

16 [They were] Simon, and He surnamed [him] Peter;

17 James son of Zebedee and John the brother of James, and He surnamed them Boanerges, that is, Sons of Thunder;

18 And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew (Nathaniel), and Matthew, and Thomas, and James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus (Judas, not Iscariot), and Simon the Cananaean [also called Zelotes],

19 And Judas Iscariot, he who betrayed Him." (Mark 3:13-19 ampc)
Re: Jesus Christ Crucified Calls Each Of Us To Be With HIM by ochibuogwu5: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2021
"But now if Christ (the Messiah) is preached as raised from the dead, how is it that some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not risen;

14 And if Christ has not risen, then our preaching is in vain [it amounts to nothing] and your faith is devoid of truth and is fruitless (without effect, empty, imaginary, and unfounded).

15 We are even discovered to be misrepresenting God, for we testified of Him that He raised Christ, Whom He did not raise in case it is true that the dead are not raised.

16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised;

17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is mere delusion [futile, fruitless], and you are still in your sins [under the control and penalty of sin];

18 And further, those who have died in [spiritual fellowship and union with] Christ have perished (are lost)!

19 If we who are [abiding] in Christ have hope only in this life and that is all, then we are of all people most miserable and to be pitied.

20 But the fact is that Christ (the Messiah) has been raised from the dead, and He became the first-fruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death].

21 For since [it was] through a man that death [came into the world, it is] also through a Man that the resurrection of the dead [has come].

22 For just as [because of their union of nature] in Adam all people die, so also [by virtue of their union of nature] shall all in Christ be made alive.

23 But each in his own rank and turn: Christ (the Messiah) [is] the first-fruits, then those who are Christ’s [own will be resurrected] at His coming.

24 After that comes the end (the completion), when He delivers over the kingdom to God the Father after rendering inoperative and abolishing every [other] rule and every authority and power.

25 For [Christ] must be King and reign until He has put all [His] enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy to be subdued and abolished is death.

27 For He [the Father] has put all things in subjection under His [Christ’s] feet. But when it says, All things are put in subjection [under Him], it is evident that He [Himself] is excepted Who does the subjecting of all things to Him.

28 However, when everything is subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also subject Himself to [the Father] Who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all [be everything to everyone, supreme, the indwelling and controlling factor of life].

29 Otherwise, what do people mean by being [themselves] baptized in behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them?

30 [For that matter], why do I live [dangerously as I do, running such risks that I am] in peril every hour?

31 [I assure you] by the pride which I have in you in [your fellowship and union with] Christ Jesus our Lord, that I die daily [I face death every day and die to self].

32 What do I gain if, merely from the human point of view, I fought with [wild] beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised [at all], let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we will be dead.

33 Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character.

34 Awake [from your drunken stupor and return] to sober sense and your right minds, and sin no more. For some of you have not the knowledge of God [you are utterly and willfully and disgracefully ignorant, and continue to be so, lacking the sense of God’s presence and all true knowledge of Him]. I say this to your shame." (1 Cor. 15:12-34 ampc)
Re: Jesus Christ Crucified Calls Each Of Us To Be With HIM by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
Amen

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Jackie Mccullough Sermon – A Different Kind Of Love 2 / How God Transformed John Newton / 60 Signs Of Spiritual Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.